What's new

Awake while the body is asleep

Veda

Sponsor

Another state of consciousness?​

848fa-sintomas2bda2bascensao.gif

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
In these last 6 months I am using guided lucid dreams, guided visualization and hypnosis visualisation to help me retrain my brain and deeply heal some issues and it does wonders for me.

What I understood is that when I can enter a deep state of relaxation and allow the conscious part of my mind to rest, I can have the unconscious part to work positively to heal me, to manifest what I need, to bring my soul in many beautiful healing worlds....

...On this planet.... for free... without any alcohol or drugs!

There are a lot of things happening when the couscous mind is sleeping to digest and process things...but I recently discovered we can be more causative on programming some work to be done, for example, make change in thoughts and cognitions, like healing fears and anxiety. Also, I think the intuition works better when conscious mind is at rest.

It's a complete new world to explore since our conscious mind is only about 10% of our
ressources and scientists now believe that almost all is programmed, processed by the unconscious mind.

My dad was very knowledged in this field and trained us to visualisation and self suggesting when we were small kids.
When I had school exams, I would record important stuff on a tape and played it (90 min) when I was sleeping. It always helped me. (I think)

I recently completed a course at the Essex business school and it was difficult to memorize key bullet points so I listen to my podcasts at night when sleeping, which was way easier for me.

They are just a personnal experience but it worth people try to explore this unknown very rich world that we call: sleep.

Last edited:

The_Fixer

Class Clown
In these last 6 months I am using guided lucid dreams, guided visualisation and hypnosis visualisation to help me retrain my brain and deeply heal some issues and it does wonder for me.

What I understood is that when I can enter a deep state of relaxation and allow the conscious part of my mind to rest, I can have the unconscious part to work positively to heal me, to manifest what I need, to bring my soul in many beautiful healing worlds....

...On this planet.... for free... without any alcohol or drugs!

There are a lot of things happening when the couscous mind is sleeping to digest and process things...but I recently discovered we can be more causative on programming some work to be done, for example, make change in thoughts and cognitions, like healing fears and anxiety. Also, I think the intuition works better when conscious mind is at rest.

It's a complete new world to explore since our conscious mind is only about 10% of our
ressources and scientists now believe that almost all la programmes, processed by the unconscious mind.

My dad was very knowledged in this field and trained us to visualisation and self suggesting when we were small kids.
When I had school exams, I would record important stuff on a tape and played it (90 min) when I was sleeping. It always helped me.

I recently completed a course at the Essex business school and it was difficult to memorize key bullet points so I listen to my podcasts at night when sleeping, which was way easier for me.

They are just a personnal experience but it worth people try to explore this unknown very rich world that we call: sleep.
I think the old fashioned term for that is subliminal suggestion.

Works well for some.

Veda

Sponsor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

On extremely rare occasions, I have had a lucid dream.
I am not awake but during the dream I realize that I am dreaming.

When it becomes lucid I become like a god in the dream (but not in reality).
What conditions would have to be fulfilled for you to consider that you were awake?

How about:

Awareness of the location and the time - the date: year, month, day - in which the body is sleeping?

Consciously able to do specific mental tasks, understood to be deliberate mental exercises that are done while "lucid dreaming"?

Awareness that one has "lucid dreamed" before and that what one is experiencing, and doing, now, is a continuation of that.

Aware of other things outside the usual dream experience? such as a your own body viewed from above, a hallway, the outside environment? And, yes, it's understood that you'd regard that as being merely an extension of the dream, but would it always be such?

Sylvan Muldoon
sylvan-muldoon.jpg

?

JustSheila

Crusader
I've rarely been very good at the lucid dreaming/ subliminal suggestions while sleeping thing. It never made a difference for studying to listen to tapes while sleeping, but I did have a couple of great "wins" :giggle: taking over a dream and overcoming my fears by realizing I was dreaming while I was dreaming and taking over the dream to go MY way.

Visualization works well for me, though.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I first heard of being awake while the body was asleep while auditing Mystic (Gordon Bell) back at FCDC, but not in terms of "lucid dreaming" but rather being conscious of the present time reality of the bedroom while the body slumbered. I have since then often experienced the same thing.

JustSheila

Crusader
I first heard of being awake while the body was asleep while auditing Mystic (Gordon Bell) back at FCDC, but not in terms of "lucid dreaming" but rather being conscious of the present time reality of the bedroom while the body slumbered. I have since then often experienced the same thing.
Good for you. Scientologists often insist their experiences can only be obtained by and through Scientology, so they use different words for the same thing.

So you know, "achieving consciousness of present time reality" is usually called mindfulness. However, if you were sleeping, or as you put it, "the body slumbered", then it is usually called lucid dreaming, rather than something like "going exterior." Going exterior sounds so much more impressive, though, doesn't it? Especially if you think other people don't do it all the time. They do.

There is a terrific app you can use where you can become relaxed and aware of your environment whenever you want. The first time takes only 10-20 minutes. Emma turned me onto it, and it's wonderful. It's also free: https://www.headspace.com/headspace-meditation-app

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I had a check with these 2 apk and it has changed over the last years...only limited time free trials are now offered or either very limited features. Price to unlock it may appear expensive for some.

Meanwhile,
for adults who wish to give a try at a guided lucid dream, here is one experience with a guy. I am using many of his guided meditation with confidence.

If you want to insure there is nothing you disagree with, you can listen the first time, only to chech the content.

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
I had a check with these 2 apk and it has changed over the last years...only limited time free trials are now offered or either very limited features. Price to unlock it may appear expensive for some.

Meanwhile,
for adults who wish to give a try at a guided lucid dream, here is one experience with a guy. I am using many of his guided meditation with confidence.

If you want to insure there is nothing you disagree with, you can listen the first time, only to chech the content.

1GeyUeKDdMc
Thanks, Lotus. The link didn't work for me, though.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron

Another state of consciousness?​

848fa-sintomas2bda2bascensao.gif
Veda, thanks for that pic of Muldoon.

I'm reading his 1929 book The Projection of the Astral Body (free pdf.) Interestingly, he uses the term "exteriorization". Odds are that the Hubbs read the book and commandeered the term. Or perhaps an earlier (1921) book "The Problems of Psychical Research" by Hereward Carrington, which also uses the term.

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good for you. Scientologists often insist their experiences can only be obtained by and through Scientology, so they use different words for the same thing.

So you know, "achieving consciousness of present time reality" is usually called mindfulness. However, if you were sleeping, or as you put it, "the body slumbered", then it is usually called lucid dreaming, rather than something like "going exterior." Going exterior sounds so much more impressive, though, doesn't it? Especially if you think other people don't do it all the time. They do.

There is a terrific app you can use where you can become relaxed and aware of your environment whenever you want. The first time takes only 10-20 minutes. Emma turned me onto it, and it's wonderful. It's also free: https://www.headspace.com/headspace-meditation-app

Lucid dreaming is a different thing. I've done a bit of that too. Something I get sometimes is...

Well, I guess I'd call it plotted dreaming which rolls out nearly as cogent and sequitur as a movie.

But what Gordon described and I later began to experience often is being awake in present time while the body sleeps.

I was living in Dorchester when Princess Di punched out and I was one of the first in Boston to hear of it because I'd left my television on. The body was sound asleep and I was listening to the report exterior and it didn't take long to realize "hey! This isn't a dream!" so I shook the poor miserable corpus delecti out of it's pleasant rest and listened with the same shock and awe and sorrow we all felt except for the scientologists who just don't give a shit about anything that happens in the "wog" world, the oblivious arseholes.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
<snip>

I was living in Dorchester when Princess Di punched out and I was one of the first in Boston to hear of it because I'd left my television on. The body was sound asleep and I was listening to the report exterior and it didn't take long to realize "hey! This isn't a dream!" so I shook the poor miserable corpus delecti out of it's pleasant rest and listened with the same shock and awe and sorrow we all felt except for the scientologists who just don't give a shit about anything that happens in the "wog" world, the oblivious arseholes.
Funny you should say that, I was fast asleep with the TV on and woke to see pictures of her mangled automobile in that tunnel as well. I'm not so sure about the shock, awe and sorrow, although it was a terrible way to go.

Why are you using the English spelling for arseholes, isn't it assholes where you come from?

pkatz

Patron with Honors
I had the chance to verify a lucid dream! I found myself viewing a place far away that I knew very well.

A figure, his face muffled against the cold, strode by in the dark. I heard a name, like the wind sighing through the trees, of someone i knew from the SO, who i hadn't seen or even thought about for decades.

I found him on facebook. He remembered me and i gave him the details of the dream. My question: Had he visited that place (a popular holiday destination in the state where he lived) last winter, and did he possibly remember crossing a stone bridge on a particular footpath at night?

His reply: No, he had never visited that place at all.

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Funny you should say that, I was fast asleep with the TV on and woke to see pictures of her mangled automobile in that tunnel as well. I'm not so sure about the shock, awe and sorrow, although it was a terrible way to go.

Why are you using the English spelling for arseholes, isn't it assholes where you come from?
In New England we speak the best English anywhere here in America.

For instance...

The tale is told of the fellow from the midwest who finally got a chance to fly into Boston on an assignment from work and was eager to taste seafood fresh from the sea. He flies into Logan, jumps in a taxi and asks the driver "Do you know where I can get scrod?" The driver says "I've been pushing hack for thirty-five years and I must have heard that question a thousand times but you are the first one to phrase it in the pluperfect subjunctive."

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Veda, thanks for that pic of Muldoon.

I'm reading his 1929 book The Projection of the Astral Body (free pdf.) Interestingly, he uses the term "exteriorization". Odds are that the Hubbs read the book and commandeered the term. Or perhaps an earlier (1921) book "The Problems of Psychical Research" by Hereward Carrington, which also uses the term.
Well, the term "engram" was in earlier use by, I think, neurologists. It's not the sort of term that you could synchronistically dream up by coincidence, I don't suppose (and I seem to recall that 'comanome' was the previously-used term anyway).

Even the term 'Scientology' was in previous use. Perhaps one reason why Hubbard's earlier acknowledgements of various authors were edited out was the realisation that people would realise the extent to which Hubbard 'borrowed' from such authors. Don't worry though, I'm sure he repaid the loans - he was big on keeping in one's exchange.