What's new

Vanishes the vain shields

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
This has been discussed here before. Hubbard essentially implied that he was the reincarnated Buddha in Hymn of Asia. There used to be whole PDF downloads on the net but I'm sure the COS works diligently to get them scrubbed. I don't think they sell it anymore - way to cringe worthy, especially if you are able to mentally superimpose "a very clear, impressive, RON HUBBARD-type voice..." while reading.

You can pick up the original books on sites like Biblio, Amazon and Ebay, often very cheap.

But there are many many suggestions and specific claims in Hubbard's tapes and writing about his past lives. At his death announcement event it was heralded as his turning over his hat and deliberately leaving his body so he could continue his next level of research without a body. Of course the corollary to this is that if you can leave your body at will then you should be able to enter your body at will - reincarnation.

https://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/scientology-new-buddhism.10670/#post-226277

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
but Blue, a true Boddhisatva would be nigh-on omniscient, and would not embarrass him/herself by the run-ins with Psychiatry that Ron had, before denouncing it so fervently?
There are other books that promote Scientology as a modern technical approach to reincarnation such as Have You Lived Before This Life with it's past life stories, many of which are based in off world societies, or Mission Into Time where Hubbard is sending out special project teams to find his past life haunts and buried treasure in the Mediterranean. You know that hover car race in Star Wars? Well, that was Hubbard. Because of him we know about trains on Venus and that Fedora Hats were popular on other worlds long before Earth (read: Teegeeack).

If you want to go into how Hubbard and Scientology are not like Buddhism or Bodhisattva here I'd expect that to be a lengthy discussion but good luck convincing a Scientologist - it's why people become Scientologists.

freethinker

Sponsor
but Blue, a true Boddhisatva would be nigh-on omniscient, and would not embarrass him/herself by the run-ins with Psychiatry that Ron had, before denouncing it so fervently?
Still waiting. Not going to wait 10,00 years and 27 days.

It has been proven that sound can levitate objects.

guanoloco

As-Wased
are you saying Hubbard has had more than one incarnation?

Turn on. Tune in. Drop out.

LRH said he was a race driver called the Green Dragon who set a speed record before he was killed in an accident. He came back in another lifetime as the Red Devil and beat his own record, then came back and did it again as the Blue Streak. Finally he realized all he was doing was breaking his own records and it was no game any more.[6]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcab_Confederacy

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Turn on. Tune in. Drop out.

LRH said he was a race driver called the Green Dragon who set a speed record before he was killed in an accident. He came back in another lifetime as the Red Devil and beat his own record, then came back and did it again as the Blue Streak. Finally he realized all he was doing was breaking his own records and it was no game any more.[6]
And to think some of us (including myself) actually believed this stuff. Doh!

Oh, and by the way guano, for future reference, there's no 'z' in 'realised'. :biggrin:

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
It must be there are conditions which have to he in place before we get the "meat and potatoes", like "all orgs have to be St. Hill sized" before the release of IX and X.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
St. Hill is an abbreviation of Saint Hill (Manor) in Sussex, the headquarters of scientology and Hubbard's home in the sixties.

Yeah, better not give away too much info else the Agents will get ya. Since you have a mobile you won't have to rely on public payphones if they're after you. :coolwink:
Do public payphones even exist now? There isn't a single one in the area where I live now.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Do public payphones even exist now? There isn't a single one in the area where I live now.
Yes, they're still around, in fact some new ones are planned for the town centre where I live, but the old-style red boxes are obsolete as they don't conform to current disability use recommendations.

Is that enough information for ya? :biggrin:

vain_shields217

Patron with Honors
:duh:
Do you have incarnation and reincarnation mixed up (they are basically opposites) or do you just not know that much about Hubbard and Scientology?
part of the answer could be yes, but I do treat the word incarnation as somebody's current life of many, which would be a process of reincarnation. Is that now how you employ the word?

vain_shields217

Patron with Honors
It must be there are conditions which have to he in place before we get the "meat and potatoes", like "all orgs have to be St. Hill sized" before the release of IX and X.
nope, it's just that I'm vegetarian. I have a few potatoes in the larder....but

(there's nothing insurmountable)

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
Alright Lawrence Fishburne, I'm about to lose hope that you are any more than a goombah that thought he'd come play a game with those ex scn folks. Oh wait, let me guess, it's GOING to happen soon.

JustSheila

Crusader
part of the answer could be yes, but I do treat the word incarnation as somebody's current life of many, which would be a process of reincarnation. Is that now how you employ the word?
If you know Scientology, you know I'm not allowed to clear the word for you. You have to do it yourself. You need to demo and clay demo it, clear every definition, the derivation, and use the word in sentences. When you've done all that, get back to me for a star-rate checkout.