What's new

The ESMB Unpopular Opinions Thread

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I think one of the best places on Reddit is r/UnpopularOpinions, where people go to post opinions that they know are either unpopular or controversial.

You know when you hold an opinion that is unpopular. You usually just shut up about it. You innately know the social cost to you should you blurt it out.

This is a thread where no one can be personally attacked, humiliated, vilified or pilloried for expressing an opinion that, as an Ex, you know is unpopular about Scientology, David Miscavige, L Ron Hubbard, etc.

No politics. No rants about the wider society. This thread is about those unpopular opinions you, as an Ex, are keeping hidden.

Last edited:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I'll go first.

I think Marty Rathbun was one of the most effective critics of the Church of Scientology ever.

I have no idea what happened to him, and neither does anyone else.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I'll go first.

I think Marty Rathbun was one of the most effective critics of the Church of Scientology ever.

He failed to remove Miscavige from power, which seems to be the standard by which you judge Mike Rinder.

Why do you have a different standard for Marty?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
He failed to remove Miscavige from power which seems to be the standard by which you judge Mike Rinder?.

Why do you have a different standard for Marty?
Don't you want an unpopular opinions thread where people express their unpopular opinions free from the usual?

I thought you'd appreciate something like that.

If you want to discuss or criticize my unpopular opinion, we can do it elsewhere.

But this thread is for unpopular opinions to be expressed freely.

Come on, PTS4.

Play.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I think one of the best places on Reddit is r/UnpopularOpinions, where people go to post opinions that they know are either unpopular or controversial.
That works on reddit because people are anonymous. What are you hoping to gain from this? This is not a constructive game to play at all unless you are looking to stir shit for the sake of stirring shit. Please don't.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
That works on reddit because people are anonymous. What are you hoping to gain from this? This is not a constructive game to play at all unless you are looking to stir shit for the sake of stirring shit. Please don't.
What I hope to gain, as I said, is a place where people can express unpopular opinions on ESMB.

That you are saying this would be "stirring shit"...

Is kinda the point.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Don't you want an unpopular opinions thread where people express their unpopular opinions free from the usual?

I thought you'd appreciate something like that.

If you want to discuss or criticize my unpopular opinion, we can do it elsewhere.

But this thread is for unpopular opinions to be expressed freely.

Come on, PTS4.

Play.
You express unpopular opinions in multiple threads. I'm not sure why you needed to start a new thread for unpopular opinions. LOL

If you want a thread where you can express unpopular opinions that cannot be criticized I think you're on the wrong forum. I'm not wanting to play that game.

Until Emma sets a rule that forbids me from responding to other peoples opinions, whether in this thread or others, expect me. :D

You spend much of your existence criticizing Mike Rinder as he's failed to bring down Miscavige.

I'm having a difficult time understanding why you would praise Marty who has now STFU and has also failed in that regard. Yet you viciously criticize Rinder who is currently one of the top Scientology whistleblowers in this sector of the universe.

You've accused Karen here on this board of being a liar, yet you lie your ass off about Rinder, asking "Why Has Mike Rinder Never Revealed a Crime?".
Yet you have no fucking idea as to what crimes Mike has or has not revealed. You even admitted this in a previous post, yet you continue to still repeat the lie over and over again.

Last edited:

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'll go first.

I gotta say, if you're not already getting a cut from the payoff the Church of Scientology gave Marty, you should contact him about that.

Last edited:

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
He was banned for a reason, it seems...:fuckoff:

Jack

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
You've accused Karen here on this board of being a liar, yet you lie your ass off about Rinder, asking "Why Has Mike Rinder Never Revealed a Crime?".
Yet you have no fucking idea as to what crimes Mike has or has not revealed. You even admitted this in a previous post, yet you continue to still repeat the lie over and over again.
I think you are having trouble with the concept of "lie".

A lie is when you know something is one way, yet you misrepresent it to be different than you know it is - in the intentional effort to deceive someone.

Karen told me on the phone, multiple times, that she worked for the defense dept. When I wrote exactly what she told me, she called me a liar.

And yet her own linkedIn resume has her history working for the defense dept.

Karen knew she worked for the defense dept. And she knew she told me she worked for the defense dept.

When I wrote exactly what she said, she said I was lying.

Therefore, Karen lied about telling me her true work history at the defense dept.

I said that I don't know what crimes Mike committed as CO OSA for DM for 22 years. I said that he has never revealed those crimes publicly.

You ASSUME Mike, the former CO OSA, was telling the truth when he said he went to the FBI. In fact, you trust Mike to tell the truth so much now that you act like you know he is not lying when he said that. Yet you don't. You are way too unskeptical of Mike Rinder, in my opinion.

Karen was lying.

Neither you nor I are lying. We are simply having a disagreement about how much Mike Rinder should be trusted to tell the truth - given his long history of lying.

You are simply swallowing Mike Rinder's statements so uncritically, and so unquestioningly, that you are publicly defending him here.

Don't get left holding the bag for Mike Rinder.

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Auditing and Auditor Training are good things.

"Science of Survival",it's flaws notwithstanding, is the single finest basic handbook of human psychology ever written.

In DMSMH Hubbard, addressing psychology from the perspective of an engineer likens the mind to a computer and describes "the file clerk"; a tight analogy for the search engine which makes possible the internet. A sci-fi prophecy the equal of Clarke's prediction of communication satellites, marking him, however mad he may have been, as a genius.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I think you are having trouble with the concept of "lie".
Does it depend on what the definition of "is" is?

A lie is when you know something is one way, yet you misrepresent it to be different than you know it is - in the intentional effort to deceive someone.
Yes, that's part of it.

But if you assert something about another person as if it is factual, when you really don't know, that is also a lie, is it not?

And when I pointed out the logical fallacy that was embedded within your thread title, you neither corrected it, nor refuted it. So it seems like an intentional effort to deceive.

Karen told me on the phone, multiple times, that she worked for the defense dept. When I wrote exactly what she told me, she called me a liar.
And yet her own linkedIn resume has her history working for the defense dept.

Karen knew she worked for the defense dept. And she knew she told me she worked for the defense dept.

When I wrote exactly what she said, she said I was lying.
Therefore, Karen lied about telling me her true work history at the defense dept.
I have no idea as to what took place in conversations between you and Karen. It's your word against hers.

And I'm not going to accept what you're saying happened in the conversation because I feel that just in the few days you've been here you've misrepresented a posting of hers here on ESMB which you posted about it in the Scientology Deprogramming Facebook group.

I said that I don't know what crimes Mike committed as CO OSA for DM for 22 years. I said that he has never revealed those crimes publicly.
I'd have no problem with it if that's what you wrote.

But that's not what you wrote. Look at your thread title. And you repeated the same line over and over again.

Just curious, if you witnessed a crime that you wished to report, would you call law enforcement? Or do you post about it on your blog?

You ASSUME Mike, the former CO OSA, was telling the truth when he said he went to the FBI. In fact, you trust Mike to tell the truth so much now that you act like you know he is not lying when he said that. Yet you don't. You are way too unskeptical of Mike Rinder, in my opinion.
Karen was lying.

Neither you nor I are lying. We are simply having a disagreement about how much Mike Rinder should be trusted to tell the truth - given his long history of lying.

You are simply swallowing Mike Rinder's statements so uncritically, and so unquestioningly, that you are publicly defending him here.
@Bill was right. Your mind-reading skills really suck. You have no idea as to what I believe about Mike Rinder.

That's not what we are having a disagreement about. See my comments above.

If you want to criticize Mike Rinder for the subjects covered on Aftermath, his blog, or whatever, go for it. You've got every right to express your opinions. But to assert something as factual when you've got no idea is a hit below the belt, not honest, and I'll call it out whenever I see it.

Don't get left holding the bag for Mike Rinder.
…..

Last edited: