What's new

Why was Leah Remeni Aftermath Cancelled

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
Does anyone know why Leah Remini’s show The Aftermath is ending?

I read that it was her decision that it was not cancelled. But I can’t understand why she would end it.

Does anyone have any more information about this?

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
It may come back in another form on another venue. A & E took a big chance, it paid off for them in a big way, but they may be ready to move on to the next thing.

If Leah & Mike move on - God's Speed.
If they continue in another form - God's Speed.

If nothing else it got people talking & thinking about cults in a whole new way.
If nothing else it got DM to shitting big square bricks morning, noon & night.
If nothing else it helped people realize they can move on & are not alone.

I have not see all the episodes because I just do Netflix, Amazon & Hulu for my "entertainment".... but as they are available I will watch & enjoy... over & over again.

Now THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT! :)

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
See Mike Rinder's blog:

https://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-aftermath-finale-tonight/

Now we must take this crusade to a whole new level where we are able to do what we know must be done to bring an end to scientology’s ability to hurt more good-hearted people. Without the chains which have constrained us, we are free to do what needs to be done and not have to wait for the wheels of bureaucracy to turn…

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
See Mike Rinder's blog:

https://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-aftermath-finale-tonight/

Now we must take this crusade to a whole new level where we are able to do what we know must be done to bring an end to scientology’s ability to hurt more good-hearted people. Without the chains which have constrained us, we are free to do what needs to be done and not have to wait for the wheels of bureaucracy to turn…
"We built a world with broken straws and our show was nothing more than a balless scrotum'.

" My old boss still has his job, still has his tax exemption. But I made a bunch of money telling the stories of ex Scientologists when they used to be the bane of my existence. They got paid nothing, of course, and still got all the fair game and disconnection applied to them that I applied to them too, back in the day. "

You're a hero, Mike.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
"We built a world with broken straws and our show was nothing more than a balless scrotum'.

" My old boss still has his job, still has his tax exemption. But I made a bunch of money telling the stories of ex Scientologists when they used to be the bane of my existence. They got paid nothing, of course, and still got all the fair game and disconnection applied to them that I applied to them too, back in the day. "

You're a hero, Mike.
Oh my.

Your criteria for naming someone a hero seems to be very low and not include any of the values that others would ask for in a a hero.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
To answer the question of the OP, no one will ever really know why the show was canceled. I have seen their NDAs

Pro Tip: Don't rely on the former CO OSA to tell you the truth about it, either.

But in show business, like everywhere else in business, stats matter.

SATA stats total.jpg

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Why were they cancelled? Maybe it was in the 2nd Season, after their stats really crashed, and then they won the Emmy. And the next 2 episodes were re-runs - in the middle of the season.

What? After they'd just WON AN EMMY?? RE-RUNS?

At the time, Tony Ortega said that this catastrophic crash in income for A&E was "just a well-needed rest, after their Emmy win".

Wait: A&E has a show that just won an Emmy and for the next two weeks they have to run re-runs - because the 'cast' is taking a break?

Tony was lying at the time. A&E's ad revenue for two new episodes after a show wins an Emmy would have been hugely profitable for the network. And all these episodes are produced way ahead of time. There was no 'break' to take.

So why was Tony lying?

He revealed it in a post a year later when he printed the legal threat letter from Marty Singer regarding the Masterson episode.

Go back to those times and read what they were saying to the public. You'll see a consistent pattern of lying. This happens all the time in show business, on shows like "The King of Queens". But should it happen on a show like Aftermath?

What if they simply printed the Marty Singer threat letter at the time? Showing excerpts of it as the reason tonight's episode will have to be a re-run? Right after winning an Emmy?

I believe their stats would have immediately launched themselves out of the toity. Instead, they stayed there, circled the toilet, and went down the drain.

So maybe it was this kind of cowardice that got them cancelled.

Last edited:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Another problem that was baked in to the whole concept of the show:

When you pitch an idea for a TV show, you have to present the reason a large audience will tune in to watch it. If you don't know why your audience is watching, you can't produce episodes that will keep them watching.

Their audience was never Ex-Scientologists. Their audience had to be a wide demographic. And the thing that would keep that wide demographic watching was never "this is the truth about Scientology, both the good and the bad". It always had to be something like "tune in and see a creepy cult every week."

The minute you acknowledge part of the truth about Scientology, such as the fact that Scientology does NOT teach pedophilia, and the only people in Scientology who covered up sex crimes and pedophilic acts was your own co-host - you've got a problem.

Viewers start saying "Wait a minute! They don't believe in pedophilia?? Are they trying to sell Scientology to me???"

Bad.

So the death of the show was baked right in to its own birth: They could not tell the truth about Scientology, both the good and the bad, because that would be very boring to anyone not a Scientologist or an Ex-Scientologist. That demographic is WAY TOO SMALL, even for cable.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The minute you acknowledge part of the truth about Scientology, such as the fact that Scientology does NOT teach pedophilia, and the only people in Scientology who covered up sex crimes and pedophilic acts was your own co-host - you've got a problem.
Who is your intended audience for this post? Pretty much anyone who's read ESMB for a while knows that such cover-up is common in orgs globally, not just by one senior executive.

Why write such a blatant lie that is obviously a lie?

Edit: Ah, answered my own question. Just noticed the forum this is posted in.

Paul

Veda

Sponsor

Definition of CHILDREN

From Modern Management Technology Defined by L. Ron Hubbard, first edition, 1976:
Children, 1. people who have not passed checksheets and have no paid posts in the Sea Org (FO 760) 2. a child is one who cannot handle an org or ship post. He or she is not on payroll. (FO 1630)

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Who is your intended audience for this post? Pretty much anyone who's read ESMB for a while knows that such cover-up is common in orgs globally, not just by one senior executive.

Why write such a blatant lie that is obviously a lie?

Edit: Ah, answered my own question. Just noticed the forum this is posted in.

Paul
DSAs in orgs all reported their cover ups of sex crimes uplines, right Paul? To whom did they report? Who ordered and managed them to do such a thing?

Did they cover up pedophilia in Scientology because, as Scientologists, they believed in pedophilia as Leah has claimed?

Or did they cover it up because their seniors - ultimately Mike Rinder - ordered them to?

Why do I have to remind you of this?

What happened to you?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
DSAs in orgs all reported their cover ups of sex crimes uplines, right Paul? To whom did they report? Who ordered and managed them to do such a thing?

Did they cover up pedophilia in Scientology because, as Scientologists, they believed in pedophilia as Leah has claimed?

Or did they cover it up because their seniors - ultimately Mike Rinder - ordered them to?

Why do I have to remind you of this?

What happened to you?
But you stated "the only people in Scientology who covered up sex crimes and pedophilic acts was your own co-host."

Paul