What's new

Why was Leah Remeni Aftermath Cancelled

No One

a girl is no one
What would be the more accurate wording, in your opinion?
I saw, was forced to participate in, and experienced cover ups from the cls 4/5 org level up to pac base and flag 'security' and all the way up to int mgmt level. Your statement in lacking and incorrect.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Who is your intended audience for this post? Pretty much anyone who's read ESMB for a while knows that such cover-up is common in orgs globally, not just by one senior executive.

Why write such a blatant lie that is obviously a lie?

Edit: Ah, answered my own question. Just noticed the forum this is posted in.

Paul
It was a "Clintonesque" response. While there is no actual policy promoting pedophilia, the level of indifference to it, when combined with the requirement to ONLY use Scientology justice procedures, effectively condones the practice.

MANY stories here on ESMB about the practice. Including what I observed personally.

No One

a girl is no one
Just a question offhand that popped into my mind... on the objective process where you must touch a body part; was anyone else asked to touch a private part over and over? I imagine that would be horribly embarrassing and uncomfortable and it was on a minor I knew who was receiving the process. (asking for a friend ;))

No One

a girl is no one
....and is it just me or has Mike's hair gone from salt and pepper to almost pure white/silver since season 1?

I'm not saying it looks bad, I like it. I'm just pointing out what Mike and Leah must have had to endure throughout the production of 3 seasons. You know, like a president and how they seem to age 10 years over each 4 year term served.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
It was a "Clintonesque" response. While there is no actual policy promoting pedophilia, the level of indifference to it, when combined with the requirement to ONLY use Scientology justice procedures, effectively condones the practice.

MANY stories here on ESMB about the practice. Including what I observed personally.
I totally agree with that and is quite my take on it.

There is a scale of abuses in the COS regarding children as well of adults.

Regarding kids, LRH has people to agree that children are thetans in small bodies. ( read: the same as an adult with a small body)

Right there the door is opened to neglecting their children needs to be patented and to live their children life as well as to get them on post for slave work.

Then he created children's orgs to use them as slave work..their parents were proud of their huge they and in small bodies taking responsibility to save the planet.
Then, the group agreement and total obedience in the sacred words and orders of the Guru. Everybody will notice obvious children neglecting and basics depriving them, but would not report as is it is normal business going on. Dissonance cognitive here.

Then, physical and sexual abuse may happens...since the door has been wide opened as those kids were given to the cult as a mean, without any protection nor parenting. They don't even receive an education on this issue of sexual abuse. They have no clue.

Last edited:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I saw, was forced to participate in, and experienced cover ups from the cls 4/5 org level up to pac base and flag 'security' and all the way up to int mgmt level. Your statement in lacking and incorrect.
So you did not originate these cover ups yourself - they originated from the Int Management level.

Who was running OSA INT - the entity that 'protects the church' from such 'legal flaps'?

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
Not me! I'm just a jealous speck, a parasite really. Who am I to criticize Mike Rinder!

He was on TV!
I'd say this is the actual self-image you are trying to compensate for.

Go get yourself some therapy. I don't mean auditing. Real psychotherapy. It's the best thing you could do for yourself.

No One

a girl is no one
So you did not originate these cover ups yourself - they originated from the Int Management level.

Who was running OSA INT - the entity that 'protects the church' from such 'legal flaps'?
I wanted to report to the authorities. I do not know where the cover-up began from but it was 'made clear' to me that this would not be happening by pac base security who 'handled' me to make sure I would not be reporting anything to any authority. It was stated that it would be handled internally. I do not know who was running osa int at that time, or even what osa's function was or what they specifically did. It was all done at pac / cont level.

No One

a girl is no one
I'd say this is the actual self-image you are trying to compensate for.

Go get yourself some therapy. I don't mean auditing. Real psychotherapy. It's the best thing you could do for yourself.
I quite enjoyed talk therapy and plan to get more of it. I can say it helped me look at some things with different viewpoints and gave me some skills to lessen anxiety levels.

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
This is an interview with leah done on the 23rd of Aug. I haven't listened to it yet.

Around 30 minutes in, Leah addresses how the Aftermath show ending might be interpreted by cult management. Overall a refreshingly honest and open discussion with the trappings of celebrity PR completely absent. One would definitely want her to have your back.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Around 30 minutes in, Leah addresses how the Aftermath show ending might be interpreted by cult management. Overall a refreshingly honest and open discussion with the trappings of celebrity PR completely absent. One would definitely want her to have your back.
Every once in a while, Leah hits one outta the frickking park

She consistently did that in the first Season, and on telling her leaving story on Ron Miscavige's podcast.

But from the 2nd season, she began using the whole Nuremberg "brainwashing defense" to explain all the abuses committed by Sea Org members, and fired up the "Scientologists believe in pedophilia" theme.

And Mike Rinder, the person most responsible for covering up sex abuse in Scientology, would just sit there and nod his head, saying "they did this", "Scientology does this", never "I did this", or "This is what we did to you."

Never.

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

But from the 2nd season, she began using the whole Nuremberg "brainwashing defense" to explain all the abuses committed by Sea Org members, and fired up the "Scientologists believe in pedophilia" theme.
No "brainwashing," i.e. undue influence, and no child abuse despite the very definition of "children" having been changed by Hubbard.

"How dare you attack a minority religion! There is no undue influence in the Sea Org, and this 14 year old has a post and is therefore not a child!"

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
Every once in a while, Leah hits one outta the frickking park

She consistently did that in the first Season, and on telling her leaving story on Ron Miscavige's podcast.

And Mike Rinder, the person most responsible for covering up sex abuse in Scientology, would just sit there and nod his head, saying "they did this", "Scientology does this", never "I did this", or "This is what we did to you."

Never.
The "Nod His Head" origin was a cherch hit piece video on Mike Rinder. That's where the bobblehead came from.

No One

a girl is no one
Hi Alonzo!

First Off: I Really do not have the time or frame of mind to keep posting the same thing over and over in response to the same type of thing stated over and over, yet by a different person or maybe it is not a different person?

Mike has taken on an immense amount of responsibility for what he did and he will continue. this is my opinion as an outsider. I would, and did and do trust him with my identity, and although I only saw him briefly at events and during my stint at gold base/int, I can say that I would trust him with my life.

He has never betrayed my trust since we have 'met' via email and had several short dialogues.
I always wish I could help out him and Leah more.

Secondly I really feel you may be missing the point that it really isn't that "Scientologists believe in Pedophilia" I did not get that view at all from watching the episode. - I think it's more that they don't believe in it, nor consider it being a problem, and are indifferent to it more than anything else.

When one is an auditor, things come up. Things that come up have to be addressed the way they are 'supposed to be addressed'. This can happen even if it's not in a "confessional"... it can come up in just "flying ruds" or whatnot.
Hell I've seen people go past life on "repair of past ethics conditions".

Does this make it right? No, not by a long way... but the fact that it was brought to light that this occurs as part of the standard practices of scn is only a good thing.

The more understanding people can gain about how things are/were and why they are/were that way, and why no one did anything about anything is IMO educational for those who may be interested in WTF IS HAPPENING UP IN THERE.

I'd have to re watch the episode to give you the exact things I found to be outstanding in terms of educating and informing the public on what and why. I was thinking WOW, Its exactly like that! AND better than I could have tried to explain it to someone.

It makes much more sense than to just having people think 'oh, most Scn are just a bunch of sickos who condone pedos'. I didn't get that take on it at all.

Some of our families are still there and we don't consider them sickos... moreso they are victims of a broken system (understatement).

Oh, and I am talking your average run of the mill scn, not the fanatical osa member or sea org commander, etc.. We were the good guys... wanting to save the planet. That alone justifies so much, or it used to... shame, that.

Hope I explained this right... My brains aren't working super well right now.

Thanks in advance for your consideration of my take on it.

-No One