What's new

OSA capabilities

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks Scooter,

re:
Hope everyone survives the weather ok.

Back to the o.p. - the actual OSA peeps that I’ve had any interactions with have been incredibly stupid and incompetent.

,....snipped for brevity....

I’ve yet to see a recent successful OSA op.. But I haven’t been paying much attention for the last 5 or so years. Would love some concrete evidence one way or the other on this.:yes:
Being that the USA is approx 13 times the population and has much higher numbers than Australia, plus Flag the biggest income earner, I wonder is this leads to OSA being more effective in the USA.

I don't know a whole lot about all their activities and think it would be good to have a brief list of the categories of their 'branches' and the activities listed here in this thread and that might be a bit of a framework for further input and discussion.
Personally, I think OSA has been getting some wins in some of the safepointing in the USA, but starting to fail more in the legal area and definitely in the broader public opinion area. I do have some concern because they think they are above the law that OSA is probably still doing a lot of Investigation and compiling of dossiers but getting a bit soft on its noisy investigations and is using more PI's and probably cyber spying.
Those are just general impressions..

As regards the weather.....this site is a great source of many very good linkages. and I have spent a few hours on it in the last week..

https://spaghettimodels.com

GOES16-AL052019-13-1000x1000.gif

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I loved your post just above, but don't agree that the term "gaslighting" has been tossed around too lightly, at least by me. ;)

I will make a case for that later, but will just say that that is not a term I would just toss out lightly as it is a serious accusation.
Understood. My concern isn't just about how the term is used on the forum but in general. Like "racist" has been so overused and generalized that it now essentially means anyone who doesn't agree with the race based industry or anyone who opposes reparations. Democrats are calling Republicans a cult and visa versa. Maybe both demonstrate some cult qualities but do we really want to go there? When everything is a cult then it provides cover for real cults like Scientology because it waters down the meaning and then some professor can get away with redefining cults as sub-groups or minor religions. It's probably already too late for "gaslighting" as it has become so overused that it can mean any head games.

Even Cyrano de Bergerac could be considered a gaslighter.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Understood. My concern isn't just about how the term is used on the forum but in general. Like "racist" has been so overused and generalized that it now essentially means anyone who doesn't agree with the race based industry or anyone who opposes reparations. Democrats are calling Republicans a cult and visa versa. Maybe both demonstrate some cult qualities but do we really want to go there? When everything is a cult then it provides cover for real cults like Scientology because it waters down the meaning and then some professor can get away with redefining cults as sub-groups or minor religions. It's probably already too late for "gaslighting" as it has become so overused that it can mean any head games.

Even Cyrano de Bergerac could be considered a gaslighter.
BB, why are you gaslighting me and posting such a racist comment? :eek:

OK, just kidding, :D, and your point is taken. I didn't realize that the term "gaslighting" has been overused in the same way that "racist" has been.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
BB, why are you gaslighting me and posting such a racist comment? :eek:

OK, just kidding, :D, and your point is taken. I didn't realize that the term "gaslighting" has been overused in the same way that "racist" has been.
LOL!

I suppose it is a matter of opinion whether gaslighting is being overused anywhere but I think it is important that the meaning not be minimized in a way that benefits Scientology.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wind Tunnel test. Note the subject cannot open his eyes and his cheeks are fluttering rapidly at 165 MPH which is Cat 5

Crikey. Just wondering, at what wind speed is that actually dangerous? I would have thought it was a long way before the final wind speed shown.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Crikey. Just wondering, at what wind speed is that actually dangerous? I would have thought it was a long way before the final wind speed shown.
Momentary or sustained? I imagine at some relatively low speed (150 mph?) , facing into it, it's impossible to breathe because of the chest pressure. That guy was only there for several seconds, less on the last one.

Paul

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Well, I remember our 'Great Storm' of 1987. I don't know how fast the wind was blowing, but I lived on the third-floor, and dustbin lids and 'For Sale' boards and all kinds of stuff was flying past my window. Getting hit by something like that could be pretty nasty. Dangerous enough I'd say.

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
Momentary or sustained? I imagine at some relatively low speed (150 mph?) , facing into it, it's impossible to breathe because of the chest pressure. That guy was only there for several seconds, less on the last one.

Paul
From experience with typhoons on Okinawa, the flying debris can be very dangerous. Trash can lids, loose trash and whatnot. Not to mention live wires falling. Best to snuggle in with libations and a good book and wait it out. Not what you can do in a wind tunnel of course.

freethinker

Sponsor
Your question is so fucking stupid it doesn't really deserve an answer. I am merely repeating what the BBC is reporting. OK?
Touchy aren't we.

The BBC is wrong.

Most intense landfalling tropical cyclones in the United States
Intensity is measured solely by central pressure
Rank System Season Landfall pressure
1 "Labor Day" 1935 892 mbar (hPa)
2 Camille 1969 900 mbar (hPa)
Yutu 2018
4 Michael 2018 919 mbar (hPa)
5 Katrina 2005 920 mbar (hPa)
Maria 2017
7 Andrew 1992 922 mbar (hPa)
8 "Indianola" 1886 925 mbar (hPa)
9 "Guam" 1900 926 mbar (hPa)
10 "Florida Keys" 1919 927 mbar (hPa)
Source: HURDAT,[12] Hurricane
Research Division[13]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Andrew

The 10 Most Powerful Hurricanes and Typhoons in History

https://www.thoughtco.com/most-powerful-hurricanes-and-typhoons-in-world-history-3443613

An interesting correlation between Hurricane Sandy oct 22 - 30 2012 ( largest Atlantic storm ever, Gale diameter) and 3 solar flares - M9 flare - oct. 20, M5 flare oct 22, X1 flare oct 23 and a large CME oct 26

Hurricane Sandy (2012) Hurricane Sandy was an Atlantic tropical cyclone which affected parts of the Caribbean, Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern United States in late October 2012, and became the largest Atlantic hurricane in diameter, with winds spanning 1,100 miles (1,800 km). wiki

Active Region on the Sun Emits Another Flare
The sun emitted a significant solar flare on Oct. 22, 2012, peaking at 11:17 p.m. EDT. The flare came from an active region on the left side of the sun that has been numbered AR 1598, which has already been the source of a number of weaker flares. This flare was classified as an X1.8-class flare.

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sunearth/news/News102312-xflare.html

freethinker

Sponsor
Poor Bahamas stuck with Dorian which is down to 130 MPH. It has been sitting in the same spot for 22 hours.

They say it will move North tomorrow and miss most everybody except for storm surge and rain.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
For those of us not in the US, can someone explain if Dorian is going to affect Scientology? Maybe destroy an Ideal Org or two?

freethinker

Sponsor
For those of us not in the US, can someone explain if Dorian is going to affect Scientology? Maybe destroy an Ideal Org or two?
It won't. I remember one year where it did threaten but they put all the OT VII's and VIII's in session and it changed course.

That did happen, that they put the 7's and 8's in session, and there was a hurricane on the west coast of Florida and it did change direction but I don't think sessions had anything to do with it.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
That did happen, that they put the 7's and 8's in session, and there was a hurricane on the west coast of Florida and it did change direction but I don't think sessions had anything to do with it.
Oh ye of little faith.

Last edited: