What's new

David Miscavige: End Game

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

David Miscavige: End Game

Tony Ortega recently posted an article Has Scientology’s leader David Miscavige gone underground in the face of a legal onslaught? It prompted a few thoughts. I have long said that I thought Miscavige’s inevitable trajectory would be to follow in the footsteps of Hubbard. Despite all the ONE thing he must continue to do is […]

Continue reading...

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
This is a good read. Interesting.

Funny they're making public come in to watch the "IRS Win" event.

This is from 26 years ago.

God, that makes me feel old.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
This is a good read. Interesting.

Funny they're making public come in to watch the "IRS Win" event.

This is from 26 years ago.

God, that makes me feel old.
Yes, a good read.

I was there too. When you're young life seems almost infinite with boundless possibilities. I look on the onset of middle age as realising it's not infinite. And old age when one realises how short one lifetime really is in the scheme of things.

Paul

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Mike Rinder wrote:

"
Hubbard was paranoid about being served and vanished in order to “finish his research.” This was the public shore story. The story at the top was that he HAD to vanish so he could not be served with a subpoena in either a civil or criminal matter. Those around him were told in no uncertain terms that it was their job to get an “All Clear” for him so he could return to “normal” life running scientology as he had been doing for many years (despite what was represented to the IRS). This is how Miscavige rose to prominence in scientology. As the “Action Chief CMO Int” he was supposed to run the “Sea Org Missions” (using Hubbard’s “Mission Tech”) that would accomplish this objective of making it safe for Hubbard. He quickly assumed the invented title of “Special Project Ops” to run those Missions and then formed “Special Unit” which was sort of one big “Mission” that encompassed the “All Clear Unit”. This then morphed into Hubbard’s personal “Literary Agency” (ASI – Author Services Inc) and Miscavige took over that with the key people who had been in Special Unit including Norman Starkey, Terri Gamboa, Lyman Spurlock, Greg Wilhere and Marty Rathbun. Once Hubbard died Miscavige shifted over to assume control of RTC. The rest, as they say, is history.

Miscavige now confronts a similar dilemma to Hubbard. He knows that if he is dragged into one suit he will be dragged into many more. And his activities and lies will unravel quickly.

Like Hubbard he has to avoid courtrooms at all costs.

But sooner or later, this also means avoiding public appearances. Until there was a lawsuit naming him, he had some assurance that there could be no surprise. Nevertheless, the security for the few appearances he has been making (exclusively at events and ribbon cuttings in the last few years) is high. Lots of hired PI’s and off-duty law enforcement to keep anyone unknown away. Screened entrances and exits. Photo ops only with screened dignitaries and no “mingling” with the riff-raff.

This scenario is still a relatively safe environment to prevent civil service. But it would not prevent law enforcement from serving him. If they know where he is going to be, there is no PI that can prevent a Federal Marshall, local law enforcement or the FBI from conducting their business in order to serve him. They can certainly sound the alarm and the COB can try to slip out a back door, but it’s not likely he would be able to pull that up.
So - this is proof that Mike Rinder has known the power of criminal indictments over civil suits the whole time he has been out and publishing blog posts, and then running Scientology and the Aftermath for 3 seasons - and has never coughed up a crime in all that time.

Very interesting.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Yes, a good read.

I was there too. When you're young life seems almost infinite with boundless possibilities. I look on the onset of middle age as realising it's not infinite. And old age when one realises how short one lifetime really is in the scheme of things.

Paul
I see myself looking at a limited future timeline. I'm hoping that future includes having enough time to spend some of it with my grandkids, teaching them to read and such.

But if I were told tomorrow that I have just a few weeks to wrap up, I would still feel I got my money's worth. I've had decades with a good woman, all my kids have grown up ok, and I got to see some grand kids. No regrets.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Mike Rinder wrote:

So - this is proof that Mike Rinder has known the power of criminal indictments over civil suits the whole time he has been out and publishing blog posts, and then running Scientology and the Aftermath for 3 seasons - and has never coughed up a crime in all that time.

Very interesting.
Bump the needle Allen.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Yes, a good read.

Paul
Does anybody else here find themselves recalling an incident from 20 or 30 years ago, and feeling that it just seems like a few weeks ago? For some reason, I have especially vivid recalls of the time when I was a Scientologist. When I get those recalls (I suppose that technically I should call them 'returns', or perhaps even 'revivifications' since they are so vivid and don't seem like they're far in the past), I can recontact the feeling of why I was a Scientologist. It makes it easy for me to understand those who are still in (especially if they live away from the epicentres of madness, LA and Flag).

I've also noticed that, accompanying my recalls of certain times of my life, are what I can only describe as body sensations that fit with those times and places. Like a certain package of somatics and emotions that go along with the time & place. Does anybody else experience this?

Sorry, that's a bit of a derail, I know, but just curious.

ETA: I also sometimes get the feeling like the close to three decades since I was in, in a certain sense, almost didn't happen. Like I live in two parallel universes, one where I have just left Scientology, and one where a few decades have passed since I left. Anybody else have this?

Glenda

Crusader
Does anybody else here find themselves recalling an incident from 20 or 30 years ago, and feeling that it just seems like a few weeks ago? For some reason, I have especially vivid recalls of the time when I was a Scientologist. When I get those recalls (I suppose that technically I should call them 'returns', or perhaps even 'revivifications' since they are so vivid and don't seem like they're far in the past), I can recontact the feeling of why I was a Scientologist. It makes it easy for me to understand those who are still in (especially if they live away from the epicentres of madness, LA and Flag).

I've also noticed that, accompanying my recalls of certain times of my life, are what I can only describe as body sensations that fit with those times and places. Like a certain package of somatics and emotions that go along with the time & place. Does anybody else experience this?

ETA: I also sometimes get the feeling like the close to three decades since I was in, in a certain sense, almost didn't happen. Like I live in two parallel universes, one where I have just left Scientology, and one where a few decades have passed since I left. Anybody else have this?

Yeah, sort of. I think I know what you mean. Moments of precision in full colour with accompanying emotions and it seems like it was just yesterday. And I feel the sense of youth and endless possibilities that the young so often feel. A few months ago I was in the city where I did a lot of my scientology years. Oddly I ended up in a cafe over-looking a place I used to go after post with another staff member to drink coffee and plan stuff. It was a moving sort of experience. All these memories came rushing back. The stuff we talked about. The high-level focus I had on it all. It made me a bit sad but mostly it made me unbelievably glad I am now away from all that. I smiled for the rest of the day.

I am in my 11th year of being out of scientology. At times it does seem like it all didn't happen, like it was all a strange dream. My life is now so completely different to the 20 years I did the scientology thing. It kind of blows me away how different it is. I am so very grateful I found a way to leave scientology and dig a path towards a new life. I do sort of feel as if I have lived two lives, one which was shrouded in parameters set down by another and the life I now live which is in accordance with a whole different set of values.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

I think I know what you mean ... I certainly can feel the feelings of what I would now call mental, physical and spiritual entrapment when I think too closely about my time in the SO, which was also decades ago. There was a constant emptiness and pointlessness inside me due to what I was doing each day and the 24/7 threat of cult punishments was always in the front of my mind too, I don't think I truly relaxed even once while there.

I can also recall the effort I was putting in to pretending to be 'happy' but to be absolutely fair I have felt those feelings when working for another organisation (nothing to do with scientology) since that time. The difference of course was that I just resigned as soon as I was ready to do so and eventually became self employed, which meant a different set of issues but ones that I could control and change.

I don't know if one set of circumstances reawakened the other in later years but the feelings were similar (though much less scary) for a while.

Genuine refugees and people forced to remain in some of the shit-hole countries around the world must be totally traumatised in ways most of us can't even imagine, what some of those people experience doesn't come close to what happened to me but even a bad marriage can create the feelings I mention above. I just try and replay the feeling of FREEDOM that I felt when I got myself unglued because that feeling was priceless.

:)

Val Haney lawsuit:

A group of Philadelphia lawyers, including a University of Pennsylvania professor, representing a former member of the Church of Scientology who worked directly with its leader David Miscavige, have filed a lawsuit alleging the organization is responsible for decades of human trafficking and intimidation, among other abuses.
The lawsuit, filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court on behalf of plaintiff Valerie Haney, claims the church engaged in human trafficking, child abuse, forced labor, exploitative commercial practices and intimidation campaigns aimed at anyone who spoke out against the church or Miscavige.
“Scientology for decades has sought to quash dissension, cover up its long history of physical, emotional and sexual abuse of its members, including its most vulnerable members, its children, and weaponize its doctrine against those who escape and find the courage to speak up,” said Brian Kent of Laffey, Bucci & Kent in Philadelphia. “This is just the beginning and we are not going to stop until they do.”

University of Pennsylvania professor Marci Hamilton said that the church could not defend itself by claiming religious liberty.[bcolor=#ffff00]“The [Church of Scientology] believers have the right to believe anything they want. But they cannot do whatever they want,”[/bcolor] Hamilton said. “This lawsuit continues the important work of the #MeToo era to bring institutions and individuals to account for child abuse, trafficking and neglect.”

That says it all - and why couldn't Judge James D. Whittemore see that? Idiot.

Judge to Garcias: Scientology can lie and cheat and there’s nothing I can do about it
By Tony Ortega | July 19, 2018

https://tonyortega.org/2018/07/19/j...d-cheat-and-theres-nothing-i-can-do-about-it/

Maybe the mafia should get religion - and tell the FBI to fuck off.
E4.jpg

Xenu Xenu Xenu

Patron Meritorious

Yes. Me too. It's so weird. But that is my life. I don't wish the cult experience on anyone. The best I can say about it is that I am now a member of a fairly exclusive club and that I have an insight that very few people have. In other words, I know what those weirdos are about because I was one of them.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
That says it all - and why couldn't Judge James D. Whittemore see that? Idiot.
Always remember the cult's expertise at judge tampering, which may or may not have been a factor. Data from Jesse Prince.

https://tuftedtitmouse.blogspot.com/2010/03/scientologys-method-of-judicial.html

Scientology's foolproof method of judge tampering [September 30, 1998]
I recently spent about 20 hours interviewing a Scientology defector named Jesse Prince about his experiences in the leadership of Scientology. He was second in command of all Scientology's operations worldwide. In these conversations we talked about many of Scientology's covert criminal activities decreed by Scientology's top executives and law firms. One area of particular interest was how Scientology secretly tampers with judges and doesn't get caught.
<snip>
Paul

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes, a good read.

Paul

Yes, a good read.

Paul

I agree with the first two of those Paul, but I see old age as the time when you can no longer ignore your growing physical infirmities; when you know beyond any shadow of a doubt that you can't any longer do what you used to be able to do, and that the change is permanent.

There's probably also a mental component to it too; you're old when you know you're out of step with the world around you to the point where it's someone else's world and not yours.

Michael Ventura had an excellent piece about this;

https://www.austinchronicle.com/columns/2014-04-18/letters-at-3am-the-sadness-that-stays/

Last edited: