What's new

Anti-Scientologists Who Are "Under the Radar"

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Believe it or not, I maintain a good number of relationships with many high profile anti-Scientologists. We talk on the phone, we talk on Twitter and Facebook private messages, etc.

One phenomenon that has emerged for me, that I am allowed to see - but sworn to secrecy over - is the Under the Radar Anti-Scientologist.

These are people, some of them quite well known who, just like Scientologists who are under the radar (physically in, but mentally out), these people appear publicly to be anti-Scientololgists but are actually highly critical of people like Tony Ortega, Karen De La Carriere, Mike Rinder (gasp) and even Leah Remini.

They know behind the scenes stories of Scientology and the Aftermath, for instance, that would curl your hair. They've seen how Jeffrey Augustine and Karen De La Carriere really operate and are disgusted by them. They have stories of Mike Rinder's lies, and are secretly waiting for a day of reckoning for that snake.

But they remain "under the radar" because they know the social cost of publicly saying what they really know.

Am I lying about this just to make everyone believe that I have more friends than I do?

Is this another marketing crusade of mine that makes me the most "popular poster with the lurkers"?

Or is this a real phenomenon in Anti-Scientology that you've seen too?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Sounds like just another attempt at smearing and character assassination of David Miscavige's enemies, using unnamed sources you allege to exist.
Not a shred of actual evidence to back up any of your BS. Business as usual.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Sounds like just another attempt at smearing and character assassination of David Miscavige's enemies, using unnamed sources you allege to exist.
Not a shred of actual evidence to back up any of your BS. Business as usual.
2 poled thinking, par excellance!

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor

hubbard-and-miscavige-2.jpg

Item number eight on the eighth page of Scientology's Covert Ops Checklist consists of a collection of Ops drills.

One Scientology Ops drill addresses the skill of spreading rumors:

____________Begin quote______________​

a) Spread a rumor to another.____________

b) Write up results.____________

c) Spread a rumor to another and get him/her to spread it to someone else.____________

d) Write up results.____________

e) Get a rumor spread around a small group to a point where at least two others repeat it to others.___________

f) Write up results.____________

g) Get a rumor spread around a large group (more than 50 people) to a point where at least five others repeat it to others.___________

h) Write up results.___________

____________End quote______________

From evidence made available through federal criminal court case 78-401

No One

a girl is no one

Item number eight on the eighth page of Scientology's Covert Ops Checklist consists of a collection of Ops drills.

c) Spread a rumor to another and get him/her to spread it to someone else.____________

e) Get a rumor spread around a small group to a point where at least two others repeat it to others.___________

g) Get a rumor spread around a large group (more than 50 people) to a point where at least five others repeat it to others.___________

Is that for real?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

Continued paranoia and conspiracy theories from Veda's dark-minded projections.

Even when I enjoy music presented to me on this board for my enjoyment then "my suitable guise is slipping".

No one can simply disagree with Veda's views on Scientology, or even have had different experiences than he did - even as an Ex - without being accused of being an OSA agent by Veda.

The problem, Veda, is that I have had very different experiences to you, both in Scientology and out of it. I have interacted with far more Ex-Scientologists than you have. And I still do. And I always try to learn from my experiences, and I try to evolve and to grow.

You, though, are stuck, buddy. Stuck in the mud, totally. Seeing OSA agents and projecting boogeymen all over your computer screen - and you have for as long as I have interacted with you on the Internet - at least 12 or 13 years. You have not changed, or learned, or grown AT ALL in that time that I can see.

Your dark mindedness is bad for you. But more importantly, your dark-mindedness in this environment is bad for others, too.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Jeez, you sound like a Scientologist.
It's all you got, isn't it?

Over and over - the world is made up of Scientologists and AntiScientologists. If you are not an AntiScientologist then you are a Scientologist.

Bing -Bong

Over and over.

Completely trapped between two poles.

For infinity.

WARNING TO EXES: Don't be like Veda. Free yourselves now or you will end up like him.

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
Alanzo, in some ways I look at the Scientology paradigm in Hannah Arendt's terms of totalitarian organizations. There seems to be some value in viewing Scientology as "onion layers" of Scientologists of various distances from the leader and collaborators, layers beyond the corporate layers. What do you think?

Hannah Arendt said:
In contradistinction to both tyrannical and authoritarian regimes, the proper image of totalitarian rule and organization seems to me to be the structure of the onion, in whose center, in a kind of empty space, the leader is located; whatever he does–whether he integrates the body politic as in an authoritarian hierarchy, or oppresses his subjects like a tyrant he does it from within, and not from without or above. All the extraordinarily manifold parts of the movement: the front organizations, the various professional societies, the party membership, the party bureaucracy, the elite formations and police groups, are related in such a way that each forms the facade in one direction and the center in the other, that is, plays the role of normal outside world for one layer and the role of radical extremism for another. The great advantage of this system is that the movement provides for each of its layers, even under conditions of totalitarian rule, the fiction of a normal world along with a consciousness of being different from and more radical than it. Thus, the sympathizers in the front organizations, whose convictions differ only in intensity from those of the party membership, surround the whole movement and provide a deceptive facade of normality to the outside world because of their lack of fanaticism and extremism, while, at the same time, they represent the normal world to the totalitarian movement, whose members come to believe that their convictions differ only in degree from those of other people, so that they need never be aware of the abyss which separates their own world from that which actually surrounds it. The onion structure makes the system organizationally shock-proof against the factuality of the real world.

https://www.pevpat-ugent.be/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/H-Arendt-what-is-authority.pdf

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Alanzo, in some ways I look at the Scientology paradigm in Hannah Arendt's terms of totalitarian organizations. There seems to be some value in viewing Scientology as "onion layers" of Scientologists of various distances from the leader and collaborators, layers beyond the corporate layers. What do you think?
In terms of Anti-Scientologists who are under the radar, I don't think anti-Scientology is totalitarian enough.

I think that people close to Tony Ortega, for instance, need to push down his version of "command intention" in order to let the ninnies beneath him know what they should think, who they should link to, what ideas should be discussed - even what friends they should allow to be known publicly.

But it is easy for under the radar anti-scientologists to express their personal opinions privately - as long as the people they express their opinions to swear never to tell anyone - which is usually the beginning of every back-channel Anti-Scientology phone call ever.

This probably happens in every human group and social network - including those in totalitarian countries.

I'm just saying that I've discovered that the phenomena of "under the radar" occurs in Anti-Scientology - just like it does in Scientology.

It was surprising to me.

For Veda, my writing about this was an attempt to create rumors of disloyalty among the ranks. Like a Sea Org member seeking out "external influences" causing PTSness.

But it's actually just human nature.

I think even Hannah Arendt described all of this as the 'banality of evil'.

Given the plain human moral cowardice I've witnessed in both Scientology and Anti-Scientology, the 'banality of evil' much more closely describes my experiences in and out of Scientology than "layers of an onion".

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
In terms of Anti-Scientologists who are under the radar, I don't think anti-Scientology is totalitarian enough.

I think that people close to Tony Ortega, for instance, need to push down his version of "command intention" in order to let the ninnies beneath him know what they should think, who they should link to, what ideas should be discussed - even what friends they should allow to be known publicly.

But it is easy for under the radar anti-scientologists to express their personal opinions privately - as long as the people they express their opinions to swear never to tell anyone - which is usually the beginning of every back-channel Anti-Scientology phone call ever.

This probably happens in every human group and social network - including those in totalitarian countries.

I'm just saying that I've discovered that the phenomena of "under the radar" occurs in Anti-Scientology - just like it does in Scientology.

It was surprising to me.

For Veda, my writing about this was an attempt to create rumors of disloyalty among the ranks. Like a Sea Org member seeking out "external influences" causing PTSness.

But it's actually just human nature.

I think even Hannah Arendt described all of this as the 'banality of evil'.

Given the plain human moral cowardice I've witnessed in both Scientology and Anti-Scientology, the 'banality of evil' much more closely describes my experiences in and out of Scientology than "layers of an onion".
Most ex-Scientologists I know don't fit into your carefully circumscribed boxes. I understand that those you deal with are very concerned with being right and "thinking right", as are you, but most ex-Scientologists I have conversations with don't fit your molds. They just don't.

Basically, they have moved on. They may read ESMB or Tony's out of curiosity. But, really, it isn't high on their list. They've got family, friends, work, vacations. Much more important.

You and the people you hang out with have to loosen up, take a break. Accept that not everyone wants to fight in your battles. Don't care.

"Rinder bla bla bla! Tony bla bla bla! Karen bla bla bla!" Do. Not. Care.

Don't have tribes, don't have agendas, don't have sides, don't have "tribal leaders". You keep trying to say we do. Many of us just don't.

Your desperation in trying to shove us into one of your boxes gets a little annoying.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Most ex-Scientologists I know don't fit into your carefully circumscribed boxes. I understand that those you deal with are very concerned with being right and "thinking right", as are you, but most ex-Scientologists I have conversations with don't fit your molds. They just don't.

Basically, they have moved on. They may read ESMB or Tony's out of curiosity. But, really, it isn't high on their list. They've got family, friends, work, vacations. Much more important.

You and the people you hang out with have to loosen up, take a break. Accept that not everyone wants to fight in your battles. Don't care.

"Rinder bla bla bla! Tony bla bla bla! Karen bla bla bla!" Do. Not. Care.

Don't have tribes, don't have agendas, don't have sides, don't have "tribal leaders". You keep trying to say we do. Many of us just don't.

Your desperation in trying to shove us into one of your boxes gets a little annoying.
OK - let me just clarify:

You speak with anti-Scientologists who are under the radar - just as I have described - but you assign their non-public criticisms of their anti-Scientology leaders as being 'too busy with life' to care about what Tony Ortega (or others) have to say?

Do they ever confess good things about Scientology to you - like how maybe Scientology isn't as evil as anti-Scientologists pretend it is?

Like they are dilettantes or that they prefer bowling or horse racing to straight Anti-Scientology?

Are you saying to me Bill, that anti-Scientology is not the trust and crusade that anti-scientology leaders and content providers say it is?

freethinker

Sponsor
Believe it or not, I maintain a good number of relationships with many high profile anti-Scientologists. We talk on the phone, we talk on Twitter and Facebook private messages, etc.

One phenomenon that has emerged for me, that I am allowed to see - but sworn to secrecy over - is the Under the Radar Anti-Scientologist.

These are people, some of them quite well known who, just like Scientologists who are under the radar (physically in, but mentally out), these people appear publicly to be anti-Scientololgists but are actually highly critical of people like Tony Ortega, Karen De La Carriere, Mike Rinder (gasp) and even Leah Remini.

They know behind the scenes stories of Scientology and the Aftermath, for instance, that would curl your hair. They've seen how Jeffrey Augustine and Karen De La Carriere really operate and are disgusted by them. They have stories of Mike Rinder's lies, and are secretly waiting for a day of reckoning for that snake.

But they remain "under the radar" because they know the social cost of publicly saying what they really know.

Am I lying about this just to make everyone believe that I have more friends than I do?

Is this another marketing crusade of mine that makes me the most "popular poster with the lurkers"?

Or is this a real phenomenon in Anti-Scientology that you've seen too?
Yeah, you're lying.