What's new

Tribal Ninnies: A Taxonomy

Glenda

Crusader
The word ninnies is plural for "ninny", and ninny is a real word. It's an insult (I know that that is shocking!)

From Miriam-Webster dictionary definition:
FOOL, SIMPLETON

Synonyms for ninny

berk [British], booby, charlie (also charley) [British], cuckoo, ding-a-ling, ding-dong,dingbat, dipstick, doofus [slang], featherhead, fool, git [British], goose, half-wit,jackass, lunatic, mooncalf, nincompoop, ninnyhammer, nit [chiefly British], nitwit,nut, nutcase, simp, simpleton, turkey, yo-yo

From Vocabulary.com definition:
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/ninny
Definition: Use the word ninny for someone who's incredibly foolish— in other words, a dope or a nitwit.
I know this word. Ha! My mother and grandmother used it. Sometimes they used it to describe me. Oh what a bad childhood it was, sometimes. :dramaqueen::overreact::holycow:(learning about the available smilie things. Sorry.)

Glenda

Crusader
Guys, long ago, addressed this issue with an invention called "pockets".
I do try to put my phone in my pocket but when I am gardening (for other people, on the clock type thing) it becomes difficult to move with a phone digging into my side. Or bottom. There I said it. Out loud. :eek:

I climb, I crawl, I heave and haul. Then there is the risk of some stupid hose connection throwing a hissy fit (it is a conspiracy I tell ya) and ending up like a drowned rat. My phone takes a hammering in these conditions so I try to put it "somewhere safe". Huge problem. I spend hours of my life trying to resolve this. Not. Usually I get someone to phone me and follow the noise until I find my phone. :)

He-man

Hero extraordinary
A Tribal Ninnie is a person who has adopted a particular tribal narrative, and are presently letting it do all their thinking for them. They have almost no original thought of their own outside the tribal narrative they have been given to think, except, perhaps, unique defenses for the narrative to hold it in place in side their pointy little heads.
They are terrified to question, or criticize, anything they've been given to think. Like baby birds, they simply swallow it whole.
A tribal ninnie works in service to their tribal leaders, fanning out and attacking the tribal enemies who their leaders have identified for them. Tribal ninnies fan out and attack people who do not conform to the narrative, or, who question
So. Tribes.

You forgot to mention the Alanzo-Omerta Tribe. I decided to name it meself since you wouldn't engage after I asked you about your tribe.

Anyways, reading up on the Watchful Navigators blog, your own, I realized you have the exact same thoughts on everything.

I got some more names and that deprogramming FB page. I started to read.

I switched it all off after some hours, I have to say, my realization left me a bit weak in the head.

Alanzo is a tribal ninnie. He comes from another tribe and is trying to communicate their existence to us.

I didn't before, but now I think I'm beginning to understand how an anthropologist feels when making a new discovery.

First contact.

Tribal ninnies do exist. I just didn't realize it before now.

I wish we had more time to discuss this, but the board closes down in three days. I am going offsite to help close down a datacentre.

Why didn't you tell me you were a part of another tribe? Did you think you'd be rejected?

Is there some shame attached to being in the Alanzo-Omerta?

How did you get to become a tribal ninnie of it? Does the tribe allocate people to be ninnies or do ye take turns?

So many questions, so little time.

I wish you had focused on this instead of your crusade. It would have been a way more fascinating story to tell my grandchildren if I am blessed to have any. God, I do hope so anyways, but in the end, no matter, you went on a crusade instead.

But I suppose that's what tribal ninnies do.

Kind regardings
He-man

P.S. Since you never made any apologies to anyone anywhere what I could see, ever, I'm revoking my offer of a beer if you do come to Stockholm.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
So. Tribes.

You forgot to mention the Alanzo-Omerta Tribe. I decided to name it meself since you wouldn't engage after I asked you about your tribe.

Anyways, reading up on the Watchful Navigators blog, your own, I realized you have the exact same thoughts on everything.

I got some more names and that deprogramming FB page. I started to read.

I switched it all off after some hours, I have to say, my realization left me a bit weak in the head.

Alanzo is a tribal ninnie. He comes from another tribe and is trying to communicate their existence to us.

I didn't before, but now I think I'm beginning to understand how an anthropologist feels when making a new discovery.

First contact.

Tribal ninnies do exist. I just didn't realize it before now.

I wish we had more time to discuss this, but the board closes down in three days. I am going offsite to help close down a datacentre.

Why didn't you tell me you were a part of another tribe? Did you think you'd be rejected?

Is there some shame attached to being in the Alanzo-Omerta?

How did you get to become a tribal ninnie of it? Does the tribe allocate people to be ninnies or do ye take turns?

So many questions, so little time.

I wish you had focused on this instead of your crusade. It would have been a way more fascinating story to tell my grandchildren if I am blessed to have any. God, I do hope so anyways, but in the end, no matter, you went on a crusade instead.

But I suppose that's what tribal ninnies do.

Kind regardings
He-man

P.S. Since you never made any apologies to anyone anywhere what I could see, ever, I'm revoking my offer of a beer if you do come to Stockholm.
You have reached the EP.

Would you like to write a success story?