What's new

Alex M, New Member

alexm

Patron with Honors
I'm AlexM, not my real name but it s close.

I was a Scientologist for 3 years beginning in 2005 and ending last spring 2008.

I was on staff for 9 month in Berlin, where I was working illegally for the Org as well as for nothing; no exchange, no money, no purpose and then I was deported. Did I mentioned that I may never enter Germany again for the rest of my life?

I then wanted to escape the threat and intimidation of HCO regarding a freeloader debt and went to SFO in order to finish my contract. After 10 weeks I wanted out and found myself in the same mess as before. I was let go, even though I was in the leaving staff routing form because I now wish to go back to school and have a real career while expanding the skills that I have. I had allot of invalidation by SFO for making this choice, which I found rather odd and disturbing from people who say that the social personality is suppose to be supportive.

I am free now and much happier then when I entered Scientology and was on staff.

When describing what happened to me to friends and family, i choose to say that I woke up from a three year long dream. This is literally how it feels, does it not?

Glad to be out, glad to be here.

Jason Beghe is my hero!!

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't feel like it was a dream, but when I left, I did experience "severe reality adjustment". I went from Scientology staffer to new father and private in the Army. If you think Scientology brainwashing is hard core, try basic training.

alexm

Patron with Honors
I'm not sure if Scientology is brainwashing such as the elaborate kind of the Manchurian Candidate or anything but for sure I feel as if I was asleep. Not to say that there is not something going on or that there are beliefs being placed into people which are very naive to accept but are accepted based upon pressure, because in my opinion there are. I connect this to the mental and spiritual confinement that Scientology espouses and how one is quite removed from the real world; the news, sometimes family, socializing, when the pressure of the goal is so overwhelming.

I never want to join the military so I will take your word for it. I am sure that the pressure and demand is very high like it is in Scientology. I think higher and let me know if I am wrong.

sandygirl

Silver Meritorious Patron
Quote from Alex M
am free now and much happier then when I entered Scientology and was on staff.

When describing what happened to me to friends and family, i choose to say that I woke up from a three year long dream. This is literally how it feels, does it not?

Glad to be out, glad to be here.

Jason Beghe is my hero!!

Well said!!!!
Believe me, you're not alone in any of this! Many Scientologist recruiters are only supportive when you're doing what they want you to. Unfortunatly, having a real life is not "on purpose" to them.

Glad you're here~:happydance:

alexm

Patron with Honors
Of course they don't because they don't get the recruitment bonus unless you sign the contract. Although if you do not show up is it not like the bonus gets taken away. Also they do not get Ethic protection so unless you do and comply to exactly what you are asked then you get hassle. This blind compliance is, I'm sure, the root of Tone 40 and in my opinion the basic idea behind the Social Personality.

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm not sure if Scientology is brainwashing such as the elaborate kind of the Manchurian Candidate or anything but for sure I feel as if I was asleep. Not to say that there is not something going on or that there are beliefs being placed into people which are very naive to accept but are accepted based upon pressure, because in my opinion there are. I connect this to the mental and spiritual confinement that Scientology espouses and how one is quite removed from the real world; the news, sometimes family, socializing, when the pressure of the goal is so overwhelming.

I never want to join the military so I will take your word for it. I am sure that the pressure and demand is very high like it is in Scientology. I think higher and let me know if I am wrong.

I don't think that Manchurian Candidate style brainwashing occurs, either. It's actually much worse, because it isn't hidden, unless you don't read Hubbard's books. If you do, you understand exactly what he did: he told you the mechanism he was examining, how to undo it or create it, and then he used that mechanism to control his followers. It's their own fault for not reading and understanding what he told them, and his for lying and saying he was only practicing "white scientology". Not the case. The Sea Org is an example of how people can be cowed and controlled using Scientology. It doesn't work in the modern information age, or at least not as well. Back in the day, when the internet wasn't there, though, it was much easier to control what people knew about scientology by dribbling it out only to initiates.

Military was, of course, quite high stress. I understood from the get-go how they were trying to control me, how they used physical threats and sleep deprivation to drive anything other than compliance out of people. I didn't need Hubbard's work to understand that, and I was totally prepared for it, because I had read Robert Anton Wilson's book, Prometheus Rising, which I recommend to all people who have spent time in Scientology and want to know what happened to them.

nyunknown

Patron
Hi! Welcome you were at the ny org before my time I was there from 1986 to 1988. Love to here more of your story.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome AlexM!

Glad you decided to come on board. Make yourself at home, you've come to the right place.

Axiom142

FlunkedForLaughing

Patron with Honors
Welcome Alexm.

I can relate to "waking up". For me it was like I realized I was not hypnotised anymore. I also feel I am becoming more aware each month that I am out (6 months so far).

I'd like to hear more of your experiences on staff.

The newest Jason Beghe video he did in Germany is great too.

FFL

Late Posting

Hello AlexM , well this is a late post but I will post anyway. I loved reading all the posts here. I have read so much stuff for 2 yrs on the ex's sites. There are lots of good theorys on how we got tricked and brain washed. It was not like the Manuchuian for sure. I have heard how bad basic training is but the good thing is...No other brain washing system puts you on an emeter and checks to see if you have had any negative thoughts or if any family or friends spoke out against Scio...well it makes my blood run cold thinking how they watched us like that...gross.. HOORAY FOR YOUR FREEDOM AlexM..hoorya for you! :happydance: