What's new

Scientology; A church of dichotomies

Feral

Rogue male
Something that occurred to me as I got out of scientology was it regularly delivered the opposite of what was implied or promised.

Ron talked about the importance of children. Yet in the SO you are expected to abort your unborn baby to stay on post.

Upper levels were supposed to deliver more freedom. Yet the public on them was subjected to constant ethics and confessionals as well as demands for more participation and donations.

OTs were meant to be in a state where standard tech had elevated them so high that nothing could strike them down.Yet the majority of OT VIIs I have known have been beset with disaster, cancer and death.

Scientology is meant to be the fastest growing religion in the world with 10,000,000 adherents. It appears to be the fastest shrinking religion in the world with less than 50,000 members.

Scientology promises to enhance your creativity. I believe it dulls it.

Scientology promises to help you achieve you goals. Then it supplants them with 'planetary clearing' and 'helping Ron...'.

Scientology talks about the importance of truth, and speaks of honesty and case gain. Yet it covers it's own despicable past with lies.

It campaigns loudly for human rights yet denies the majority of those rights to it's own 'elite' staff.

Scientology promises to help you with your life problems.Then it becomes your biggest problem in life.

I got into scientology to help others. I was then taught to help the 'able' to be more able...that is those able to pay.

Does any one else feel that scientology is a study in dichotomies?

Yeah seems so. But more like a bait and switch con to steal your money time life creativity compassion etc... and make you an unknowing but willing slave to its ever increasing ruthless hidden agenda.

Carmel

Crusader
Full of Dichotomies!

- Clear the planet.....yet treat those who you are supposed to be "clearing" with utter contempt!
- Look see what you see, and not what someone else tells you that you see.....but don't dare look, and believe (without question) what you're told!
- Use comm, reason and enhancement when dealing with people.....but cop domination, invalidation and nullification when compliance is wanted!
- Learn about honesty, integrity and courage.....but pack ya bags if ya think about applying it!
- Goals and purposes are most senior.....but it's only the almighty stat that counts!
- Think freely, if it's not true for you, it's not true.....but if ya don't think what they want ya to think, you'll surely suffer ("thought compliance" now the order of the day).

alexm

Patron with Honors
Disterbing Contradictions

Yeah for sure I know what you mean. Everything is a contradiction.

Confront everything, SP's, unwanted situations, unhappiness... yet when confronting blame another for not being responsible if theres trouble, use idealistic hopes, blind faith and wishful thinking (postulates), don't offer any real help just believe that things will work out magically.

Communication is the key ingredient to life, success and clearing the planet... yet when communicating apply Ron's and only Ron's methods of talking at a person while not listening and get them to comply to whatever you want. Only listen to them when they want to buy something or sign up for something.

Scientology courses and auditing are the only way to wake up mankind out of the trap we are in... yet in actuality Scientology services put people to sleep by restricting their actions (Ethics), confining them to a mental, spiritual and emotional way of thinking, which is far removed from the real world.

Scientology makes one successful especially in business... yet you have to follow the rigid and dogmatic bureaucracy of LRH's admin tech, while paying the SO WISE representatives who talk, look and act less like people of a religious order and more like a businessman or woman.

Those are some of my feeling but you are right, Scientology is two-faced for sure.

riptide

Patron with Honors
I got into scientology to help others. I was then taught to help the 'able' to be more able...that is those able to pay.

Just depends, different people have unique experiences. I found a dichotomy within the movement from one Org to another. Sometimes vast, depending on where you where. As I have said in the past on this board, I think that the closer you get to the proximity of the SO, the more obvious this becomes.

I still maintain the idea that the goal of processing was to increase the ability of the client. (pc) Auditing worked well for me and all I was interested in was solving my problems so I could get on with my life. As long as I made that perfectly clear, others knew where I stood.

However, I was never on staff, so my experience was rather limited. Your mileage may vary.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Things looking brighter in the room?

Something that occurred to me as I got out of scientology was it regularly delivered the opposite of what was implied or promised.

...deleted body of post...

Yes; and by design, tailor made to keep you off-balance, confused and disoriented.

Study in a new unit of time and see - we were told how it is done all along and throughout - especially in old (undoctored) lecture tapes, IMHO.

Roy, The EP's EP

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
High ethics yet they lie to cover their own tracks.:duh:
YES!

A group as righteous as Scientology claims it is should have no need for worry about the truth. :thumbsup:

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
The founder wrote a book called "Can We Ever Be Friends?" and headed an organisation which by its actions created enemies by the shedload.

Last edited:

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron
In trying to get me onboard the Sea Org, the recruiter made little of my ambitions as an artist, saying "I think the world has enough of those..."

Thus revealing the opposite core intention, despite the public statement "A society is as great as its dreams and its dreams are dreamed by artists..."

You know I used to think that was profound - now I find it barely literate.

Carmel

Crusader
One of the biggest dichotomies IMHO

In the data series logic is defined as having to have several conditions. Those in short being - knowing relevant facts, actual sequence of events, properly noted time, factual data, and relevant importances.

Those on the CofS bandwagon, continually apply illogic on any and all fronts by omitting facts, changing sequence of events, dropping out time, adding falsehoods, and altering importances - which then gives an incorrect concept and/or idea, which then (all too often) leads to harm and/or destruction to people and their lives.

We see it in regard to - the stories about the founder, PR about successes and expansion, PR about wins and gains, alteration of tech and policy whether verbal or written, the DM speels about the likes of GAT and the "new basics", PR re the gains to be made on the OT levels, the denial of the atrocities, the pretense of the "purpose", etc, etc, etc.

It is sad that more didn't/don't apply the logic, by "looking not listening", but that's just another dichotomy - in the CofS one is almost forced to "listen not look'.

riptide

Patron with Honors
In trying to get me onboard the Sea Org, the recruiter made little of my ambitions as an artist, saying "I think the world has enough of those..."

Thus revealing the opposite core intention, despite the public statement "A society is as great as its dreams and its dreams are dreamed by artists..."

Artists are valued by Scientology not in terms of their value to society but in terms of how much revenue or attention they can bring IN. I've known artists that went IN and joined the SO and ended up sacrificing their talent, dreams, personal goals and skills so they could help others get up the bridge as a SUBSTITUTE for their own artistic goals. And THIS get's dramatized on the NEXT artist that comes along, and it becomes a point of agreement.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Succint and...

- Clear the planet.....yet treat those who you are supposed to be "clearing" with utter contempt!
- Look see what you see, and not what someone else tells you that you see.....but don't dare look, and believe (without question) what you're told!
- Use comm, reason and enhancement when dealing with people.....but cop domination, invalidation and nullification when compliance is wanted!
- Learn about honesty, integrity and courage.....but pack ya bags if ya think about applying it!
- Goals and purposes are most senior.....but it's only the almighty stat that counts!
- Think freely, if it's not true for you, it's not true.....but if ya don't think what they want ya to think, you'll surely suffer ("thought compliance" now the order of the day).

Damn girl! You get right to the point, dontcha!:coolwink: :thumbsup:

Hope you're enjoyin' a nice sleep right now and wake up full o' piss an vinegar, ready to meet the challenges o' the day. :eyeroll: :yes: :omg:

Love,

Roy and EP

Good twin

Floater
Would you like to attest?

Feral, I do believe you have at long last reached the true EP of Scientology!
Too bad you blabbed the cog out loud before the rest of us could reach it on our own. Way to go!

Feral

Rogue male
Feral, I do believe you have at long last reached the true EP of Scientology!
Too bad you blabbed the cog out loud before the rest of us could reach it on our own. Way to go!

:roflmao: :buzzin: :roflmao:

Oops! I had better route myself to ethics for feeding every one a confidential EP!

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron

This pains me, that someone in Scn would say that. That's a criticism of LRH as well, for which the recruiter should have been RPFed. (Not saying LRH was a good artist, but he definitely considered himself an artist.)

I'm guessing the SO recruiter had failed purposes of his or her own.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
This pains me, that someone in Scn would say that. That's a criticism of LRH as well, for which the recruiter should have been RPFed. (Not saying LRH was a good artist, but he definitely considered himself an artist.)

I've lost count of the number of times I've heard SO recruiters use the old "whatever he/she is doing or planning on doing in life, invalidate it as insignificant compared to carrying out his/her Duty as an SO member...
never allow a prospect to get stuck with an 'art goal'... etc etc"
LRH maybe didn't write it but he sure tacitly agreed to its use.

Feral

Rogue male
I see it slightly differently, and in a darker more cynical way. Each person on any given post is under such heavy pressure to get their 'stats' that they can become quite desperate and of course the greater good is serving scientology itself. It is a fatal combination, now ANYTHING said or done to get the stats is "ethical" and righteous.

With the constant penalty system in the SO and the threat of heavy ethics and 6 years in the gulag in the offing, these guys are lucky to retain their sanity, let alone their judgment and integrity.

Poor bastards.

Good twin

Floater
See? He's got it! Feral you should just attest and enjoy your win. Come back when you can't put one foot in front of the other.
Seriously though, I totally agree. Having been there, and said and done some things that now seem more than ridiculous to me.....well, this nails it.:yes:
I see it slightly differently, and in a darker more cynical way. Each person on any given post is under such heavy pressure to get their 'stats' that they can become quite desperate and of course the greater good is serving scientology itself. It is a fatal combination, now ANYTHING said or done to get the stats is "ethical" and righteous.

With the constant penalty system in the SO and the threat of heavy ethics and 6 years in the gulag in the offing, these guys are lucky to retain their sanity, let alone their judgment and integrity.

Poor bastards.