What's new

Mission Network Pre 1982

<snip>

I have an expression- well, I'm sure I didn't coin it- it's probably in Hubbardite stuff somewhere- but anyway, a person can get "interiorized into the game". I think Hubbard did so. I think there're degrees of that and if a person does it to a very strong degree, they go nuts. It does appear that he became quite irrational.

Yes. It could also be called "not seeing the forrest for the trees."
We all have to step back and look at the "Big Picture" as best as we can from time to time. Then we can get back into the "the game" (or the forrest) if we choose, or move on to another game or forrest or beach or mountain or city or ........

-Pops

NonScio

Patron Meritorious
Wow, Pop! They made you sign in blood? Amazing.

It's very interesting how CofS tries to hide this history. This is why they hate the internet.

Great thread!

Re "sign in blood"...kind of creepy when you think of the black magic
connection...the legendary manner in which one signs his soul over
to Satan.

Div6

Crusader
I am very interested in hearing about the time period of 82 when all of this occured, and things surrounding it. At the time I was in the church, but at the ripe age of 10 years old, I was unaware of what was the goings-on within the church. I was busy in school, trying to find a TV to watch (as they had all been confiscated in that year), trying to see my dad (who we were in contact with in 82, last time I ever saw him) and other such things.

And how did the whole COSMOD thing relate time-wise with the Snow White operation? Were they in the same time period?

Is there a book covering this or something I could read up on?

(My story is later years mostly - though I was in Scn/Sea Org from 1975 - 2004)

Bea,

Part 6 of John Atak's A Piece of Blue Sky outlines it pretty well. Teh book actually is a pretty good reference for the LRH\DN\SCN track. even though he hits it from a critical viewpoint. You can read it on line here.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Re "sign in blood"...kind of creepy when you think of the black magic
connection...the legendary manner in which one signs his soul over
to Satan.

There is no black magic connection. Hubbard wasn't a Satanist. Never met Crowley. Hubbard was into occultism, but not Satanism.

There is no Satan, in any event.

Veda

Sponsor
There is no black magic connection. Hubbard wasn't a Satanist. Never met Crowley. Hubbard was into occultism, but not Satanism.

There is no Satan, in any event.

It's awkward.

Aleister Crowley called himself the "Beast 666." And Hubbard was very much into Crowley's Magick, and "Do What Thou Wilt."

However, as far as I know, neither Crowley nor Hubbard called himself a "Satanist," as being a Satanist implies that one at least takes Christianity seriously - but...

It's kind of funny though, how Hubbard snuck the word "thetan" into some people's vocabulary, by saying (out of thin air) that "theta" was "Greek for thought or life" (where?), and then quickly coming up with "theta*n."

This allowed those folks who chose him as their guru to call themselves "thetans," with Hubbard the chief thetan.

It's just tho thilly.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Hubbard did not practice Satanism and he never met Crowley. Hubbard was into that OTO stuff. He didn't worship devils.

Not that it would matter.

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
Back to basics

Ok, maybe I should nudge this thread back to it's original idea, to tell the story of how we got in through missions, to talk about what did/did not work at that level. DM seems to be putting HQS back in big time. I think if done right it is an excellent idea. Hqs is the basic auditor training course that puts your feet on the co-audit route to whatever there is at the top. I don't think we know the answer to that yet. Maybe for you the pre ot levels were not real. OK. Worked ok to a point for me, but the real meat was the OT levels Alan and others did before NOTs was released. The preOT levels are only set ups so you can run real OT levels, theoretically. Hubbard at one point thought OT 3 would handle it and then you just ran the OT levels, then he came out with 3X, then OT DRD, then audited NOTs, then solo NOTs, and it led to OT 8 but that was the end, and 20 years later it's still being held up for Super Power. I think this books thing is another fundraiser, and I would be pissed if I was public, to be told this was historic, etc. and this comes out and is the big breakthrough, a few chapters get re-organized. BFD.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
A Scientologist friend of mine keeps getting harrassed and pushed to go into the org to watch this event cause it's THE BIGGEST NEWS IN 20 YEARS!!!!

Big whoop. Biggest news would be some major management changes!!! That would be big news!:p

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
They were into Santaism - they felt it gave them great presents. LOL

A definition of Terms might clear the area of conflict?

SATAN:

Proper name of the supreme evil spirit in Christianity, O.E. Satan,

From Gk. Satanas, from Heb. satan "adversary, one who plots against another," from satan "to show enmity to, oppose, plot against," from root s-t-n "one who opposes, obstructs, or acts as an adversary."

GOOD and EVIL

OMNI-BENEVOLENCE: is the property of being perfectly good, attributed by some religions to God.

The word omni-benevolence may be interpreted to mean perfectly just, all-loving, fully merciful, and so on, depending on precisely what is taken to be good.

GOOD, a.

1. Valid; legally firm; not weak or defective; having strength adequate to its support; as a good title; a good deed; a good claim.

2. Valid; sound; not weak, false or fallacious; as a good argument.

3. Complete or sufficiently perfect in its kind; having the physical qualities best adapted to its design and use; opposed to bad,imperfect, corrupted, impaired. We say, good timber, good cloth, a good soil, a good color.

4. Kind; benevolent; affectionate; as a good father; good will.

5. Kind; affectionate; faithful; as a good friend.

6. Promotive of happiness; pleasant; agreeable; cheering; gratifying.

7. The best fruits; richness; abundance. I will give you the good of the land. Gen.45.

GOOD, v.t. To manure. [Not in use.]

E'VIL, a. e'vl. [Heb. to be unjust or injurious, to defraud.]

1. Having bad qualities of a natural kind; mischievous; having qualities which tend to injury, or to produce mischief.

Some evil beast hath devoured him. Gen.37.

2. Having bad qualities of a moral kind; wicked; corrupt; perverse; wrong; as evil thoughts; evil deeds; evil speaking; an evil generation.

3. Unfortunate; unhappy; producing sorrow, distress, injury or calamity; as evil tidings; evil arrows; evil days.

E'VIL, n.

1. Evil is natural or moral. Natural evil is any thing which produces pain, distress, loss or calamity, or which in any way disturbs the peace, impairs the happiness, or destroys the perfection of natural beings.

Moral evil is any deviation of a moral agent from the rules of conduct prescribed to him by God, or by legitimate human authority; or it is any violation of the plain principles of justice and rectitude.

There are also evils called civil, which affect injuriously the peace or prosperity of a city or state; and political evils, which injure a nation, in its public capacity.

All wickedness, all crimes, all violations of law and right are moral evils.

Diseases are natural evils, but they often proceed from moral evils.

2. Misfortune; mischief; injury. There shall no evil befall thee. Ps.91.
A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself. Prov.22.

3. Depravity; corruption of heart, or disposition to commit wickedness; malignity. The heart of the sons of men is full of evil. Eccles.9.

4. Malady; as the king's evil or scrophula.

A demonic being is an evil individual or an evil entity.

Evil actions are the common denominator of a demonic.

Evil is L-I-V-E spelled and lived in reverse.

Devil is L-I-V-E-D spelled and lived in reverse.

A live spiritual being lives in the present and is constantly creating greater futures by seeking to be, do and have more presence, more creativity, more love, more truth, more aligned harmonious relationships, more knowledge, more responsibility, more control, more value, giving more than they receive, (Exchange,) and more integrity.

Any action that lessens or makes nothing of the above is an evil action.

A demon or devil seeks the reverse, less or no presence, less or no love, less or no truth, less or no aligned harmonious relationships, less or no knowledge, less or no responsibility, less or no control, less or no value, less or no integrity and takes more than they give thus causing less or no exchange.

A demonic or devil is solidly stuck and trapped in some fixed past incident, identity, confusion, blackness, stupidity or mass, fighting long ago past problems, threats, dangers, or incidents containing past enemies.

The demonic or devil is transferring or superimposing the past incident into the present and future time.

No one is free from demonic-ness, we all have areas that we seek to make less or nothing of.

SATAN:

Proper name of the supreme evil spirit in Christianity, O.E. Satan,

From Gk. Satanas, from Heb. satan "adversary, one who plots against another," from satan "to show enmity to, oppose, plot against," from root s-t-n "one who opposes, obstructs, or acts as an adversary."

In Septuagint (Gk.) usually translated as diabolos "slanderer," lit. "one who throws (something) across" the path of another (see devil), though epiboulos "plotter" is used once.

NAT ? AS:

NAT:

? () Not at; nor at.

? (adv.) Not.

(This definition is from the 1913 Webster's Dictionary and may be outdated.)

AS:

1. Denoting equality or likeness in kind, degree, or manner; like; similar to; in the same manner with or in which; in accordance with; in proportion to; to the extent or degree in which or to which; equally; no less than;

2. ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil;

3. you will reap as you sow;

4. do as you are bidden.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Interesting tread to read in view of the Janis Grady book being released.

Yep. Very interesting ! Added more pieces to the puzzle. As a friend of mine used to say about Ron. " Those who get to close to the living lightening always get hurt "!

I saw so many people ' go over the rainbow ' and come back a crumpled shell of their former self. Some could be patched up. Others ? Lost.

There really was a time before the price increase that the vibe was still good. Yeah, at the top, things were going sour and - as always - shit flows downhill.

Now, after lo these many years, it just an eyeball deep cesspool.

This thread shows a lot of how we got where we are.

Astute people who walked this path have looked back & said " We are the who. "

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
What we had in the mission network, was people who actually figured out how to run an organization. The ones who couldn't figure it out, went under. They realized that, in order to keep functioning, the paying customers had to have fun and be winning.