What's new

Chorus of boos awaits Katie Holmes

I know I'm being nasty, but I'm just going to say it. I just don't feel sorry for Katie. I really hope that she gets out of scientology and away from Tom. But if she is going to spend her life with him and be a cheerleader for controvertial scientology when there are so many of us to tell her how harmful it is, then she gets what she deserves. I hope to God that the story in Woman's Day is true and she wants to leave the CoS. Time will tell.

Katie, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Trust me, it's a lot better than living with Tom. :hotwater:

Yes. Just imagine the perspective of OSA. TC is rather in the crapper of late as far as Opinion Leader status goes, and not getting better. Now that he has lovely Katie -actually she is lovely isn't she? - yes she is and shes a really good person isn't she? who agrees? well we all do really don't we?
Well that's lovely then let's just keep lovely katie there with him, um don't say it too loudly but the flunked Opinion Leader and make little Tommy's aura look a bit less murky. Yes but that's not OSA that's just the media coverage of Katie in her own right. Well isn't that lovely seredipity. OSA's work is done by the media. Not that her lovely aura can brighten the dark shadow beside her very much, but jeezus! y' gotta do sump'n.
She can't hang around that dude and not get OSA's talons firmly embedded in her lovely white skin. Singing the lovely Katie song is a distraction. Even if the dear lass is lovely. She is a celeb. She is married to TC. She is an OSA tool. I'm not suggesting cruelty to sweet Kaite at all. Just a realistic look at the situation and how it develops.

Björkist

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well, let's examine this from this angle/viewpoint:

Being booed by people one (possibly) considers to be uninformed, SP/PTS wogs would likely assure the person being booed that they have made the right choice.

As Fluffy sorta said, an actor/actress should be booed or applauded based on their performance, not who they are married to or what religion they choose to study. Should we applaud actors who are Christians because they are Christian or followers of Deepak Chopra?

All that's happening is pressure is attempting to be wrongfully exerted againt someone who is just trying to live their life and really isn't hurting anyone.

Kind of pathetic and assholish, actually.

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, let's examine this from this angle/viewpoint:

Being booed by people one (possibly) considers to be uninformed, SP/PTS wogs would likely assure the person being booed that they have made the right choice.

As Fluffy sorta said, an actor/actress should be booed or applauded based on their performance, not who they are married to or what religion they choose to study. Should we applaud actors who are Christians because they are Christian or followers of Deepak Chopra?

All that's happening is pressure is attempting to be wrongfully exerted againt someone who is just trying to live their life and really isn't hurting anyone.

Kind of pathetic and assholish, actually.

Those kids are getting the job done and getting the word out.

I haven't seen a lot of Booing at those protests.

Scn is not comparable to modern day Christians nor Chopra; making reference to any similarity shows lack of consideration and desperation to defend.

Some people like to criticize anon protesters for some point or the other; but I haven't seen any one of these critics doing anything of mention on the front of taking visible action to expose Co$ abuses.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I'm surprised that some of you wouldn't feel sorry for a lady who was swept off her feet, duped, micromanaged, chained to a marriage by immediately getting her with child (one of the most sure fire ways people have historically chained others - who otherwise might have left- to marriage) and who probably in some ways leads a rather circumscribed and heavily indoctrinated existence.

And I'm surprised that anyone who used to be in the cult, who knows what it's like to believe in it, would look askance at someone who's currently sitting where that person once sat.

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm surprised that some of you wouldn't feel sorry for a lady who was swept off her feet, duped, micromanaged, chained to a marriage by immediately getting her with child (one of the most sure fire ways people have historically chained others - who otherwise might have left- to marriage) and who probably in some ways leads a rather circumscribed and heavily indoctrinated existence.

And I'm surprised that anyone who used to be in the cult, who knows what it's like to believe in it, would look askance at someone who's currently sitting where that person once sat.

Fluffy... Hi. First off... I like you. A LOT. You haven't converted me yet but you have stuck you fluff in my face often enough that I will admit that I like it.:coolwink:

As for dear Katie. I 'think' that most everybody here does care about Katie. I also think that we care about the potential Katie-come-tom-come-Co$ influence upon millions of people planet wide. These potential victims are the focus of ongoing protests. Katie has her hands in this too, just like we did when we were involved. We all take our hit. That Katie has folks standing up and publicly supporting her right to walk (safely) from Tom-come-Co$.... A fact I would have been so lucky to experience (the very though of it brings a tear to my eye).

The irony might even prove that for now, Katie, deep down inside, supports these protesters at her gigs. Katie, presumably, knows far less about Scn. than you do, and if that's the case... probably will never support it to the degree that you do.

So... Katie will go through her ordeal... she's suffer some like the rest of us... people will be there for her as were for us... The Co$ will take a major loss... Katie'll get some serious dough and her career will prosper...

This looks like a success story to me...

But hey trust me, I don't mind if you'd like to fluff me again...:wink2:

anonmom

Patron with Honors

Oh, really? I feel this way out of compassion. When I heard her rah rah for scientology speel a little part of me felt like it was dying AGAIN. Just like every other time I heard that same crock of PR crap that other celebrities try to sell you about scientology and I wondered how many would fall for it this time. Celebs were so sheltered from the truth and spoon fed for good PR in the CoS. It is a mind control cult that destroys lives. I saw abuse when I was in it and the abuse continues to this day. The quickest way for Katie to see that is to swallow the red pill and wake up to see the Matrix of the "Church" of Scientology. They are just using her, like we were all used and I want it to stop. If it could help her to get out I would personally take the next plane and fly to her in New York. In fact, I hope she's awake in the middle of the night wondering what she got herself into and how is she going to get out? Yes, that's how I feel.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I think that celebrity Scientologists should take responsibility for their group's abuses.

Like:

1. Enforced Abortions in the Sea Org
2. The Destruction of Families through the use of Enforced Disconnection
3. The Suppression of the Right of the Freedom of Speech of Scientologists by the Church of Scientology.

I think that celebrity Scientologists should be booed for using their good names to recruit people into a destructive cult which does these things to people.

And I think every one of their TV shows, Broadway shows, and movie openings should be picketed to raise the awareness of their ticket-buying public that these celebrities are turning a blind eye to these abuses and are not handling the ethics of their Church.

Then, once those celebrities get in the ethics of their Church and ensure that these abuses are stopped, they can have movie openings and Broadway shows and TV tapings that aren't picketed.

That's what I think.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Oh, really? I feel this way out of compassion. When I heard her rah rah for scientology speel a little part of me felt like it was dying AGAIN. Just like every other time I heard that same crock of PR crap that other celebrities try to sell you about scientology and I wondered how many would fall for it this time. Celebs were so sheltered from the truth and spoon fed for good PR in the CoS. It is a mind control cult that destroys lives. I saw abuse when I was in it and the abuse continues to this day. The quickest way for Katie to see that is to swallow the red pill and wake up to see the Matrix of the "Church" of Scientology. They are just using her, like we were all used and I want it to stop. If it could help her to get out I would personally take the next plane and fly to her in New York. In fact, I hope she's awake in the middle of the night wondering what she got herself into and how is she going to get out? Yes, that's how I feel.

I based my post on your comment that you didn't feel sorry for her.

Sorry if I offended you.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Fluffy... Hi. First off... I like you. A LOT. You haven't converted me yet but you have stuck you fluff in my face often enough that I will admit that I like it.:coolwink:

As for dear Katie. I 'think' that most everybody here does care about Katie. I also think that we care about the potential Katie-come-tom-come-Co$ influence upon millions of people planet wide. These potential victims are the focus of ongoing protests. Katie has her hands in this too, just like we did when we were involved. We all take our hit. That Katie has folks standing up and publicly supporting her right to walk (safely) from Tom-come-Co$.... A fact I would have been so lucky to experience (the very though of it brings a tear to my eye).

The irony might even prove that for now, Katie, deep down inside, supports these protesters at her gigs. Katie, presumably, knows far less about Scn. than you do, and if that's the case... probably will never support it to the degree that you do.

So... Katie will go through her ordeal... she's suffer some like the rest of us... people will be there for her as were for us... The Co$ will take a major loss... Katie'll get some serious dough and her career will prosper...

This looks like a success story to me...

But hey trust me, I don't mind if you'd like to fluff me again...:wink2:

Awwww...you're so sweet!

I think a lot of people are upset about Scn celebs. I would have to say that in my case, it depends on the celeb. Lulubelle ( I recommend her posts to you, btw) wrote an excellent post on a number of Scn celebs who probably had to know about CofS abuses and why. She gave examples- who had relatives in the SO, and so on. Those people I do find fault with. I find fault with Tom Cruise, as well, sorry to say. I do because of some affidavits (such as the one by Andre Tabayon) and other indications that he very very likely has seen various SO staff members enslaved and browbeaten such as when he told DM he wanted to have this thing where he and Nicole, on their wedding day, were running through a field of flowers and staff had to bust their asses planting all those. Plus I saw the video where he was interviewed for being a Freedom Award medalist. My guess is he goes around treating them like they're part of the scenery while they're working themselves to the bone. He just about HAS to have seen DM throw some of his famous tantrums.

I'm just not convinced that Katie is in that class/category. My guess is that she's insulated and isolated from a lot of that. I further speculate that she will leave Tom eventually.

anonmom

Patron with Honors
I based my post on your comment that you didn't feel sorry for her.

Sorry if I offended you.

It's alright, Claire. You're entitled to your opinions and feelings too. It's cool that you are not anonymous but open about who you are. :heartflower: