What's new

The ANZO exodus & OSA's response

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
A question...

There was a newbie on the board a week or so ago asking advice about which course to take in the org. WTF? I pointed out that he was a PR from the church trying to get his stats up. "Profitable images" is an OSA stat.

Two members told me I had the wrong view as long as it sparks healthy debate 'who cares'?. I dropped it. Within a few days one of those two guys got flamed so bad in the chat room by an (OSA) troll (now banned) that he has left the board since.

That is exactly the product the (OSA?) troll was after.

Live and learn.

Dear Feral (can I say that I really like the name "Feral" and even though I know your real name - is it ok to keep using Feral? BTW, I kinda like both EP and Roy too - and answer to 'em happily. )

But to the point,

Not knowing exactly what a "profitable image" is or how to identify one - it occurred to me that "alex's" posts might contain some of these, and wondered if anyone had looked to see that would be able to tell? :confused2:

Apologies to "dear alex" if none are found. :yes:

Roy

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Maybe I'm too new to this board but i haven't noticed much of this going on.:confused2:

But none the less a great post and showing their desperation!:thumbsup: Thank you so much Aussies.

Stan D'Teque

Patron with Honors
Nice post Ceedia and it seems like the trolls have retired back under the bridge to nowhere to wait for dark again. I'd noticed the recent increase in crap but not connected it with me not wanting to post much. Thanks for revitalizing me, folks - Stan IS back!!

Feral

Rogue male
G'day EP, Feral's fine if you prefer mate!.

OSA measures pro scientology press in inches, it used to be called profitable images. There was also a stat called "unprofitable images on the enemy' or something like that. A thread started here by "auditonbookonenigga" was an example of OSA getting a stat off the board.

It is a highly questionable thing to do. Sort of like firemen counting how many buckets of water they carry while the house burns down!

I don't want to exacerbate any witch hunt on any members, I did that already on Pitbull(s) and decided later he was a shit stirrer and maybe not an OSA troll,

Dear Feral (can I say that I really like the name "Feral" and even though I know your real name - is it ok to keep using Feral? BTW, I kinda like both EP and Roy too - and answer to 'em happily. )

But to the point,

Not knowing exactly what a "profitable image" is or how to identify one - it occurred to me that "alex's" posts might contain some of these, and wondered if anyone had looked to see that would be able to tell? :confused2:

Apologies to "dear alex" if none are found. :yes:

Roy

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Nice post Ceedia and it seems like the trolls have retired back under the bridge to nowhere to wait for dark again. I'd noticed the recent increase in crap but not connected it with me not wanting to post much. Thanks for revitalizing me, folks - Stan IS back!!

Welcome back Stan! :thumbsup:

But, you didn't really plan on staying away did you? ESMB gets in your blood.

Axiom142

Terril park

Sponsor
G'day EP, Feral's fine if you prefer mate!.

OSA measures pro scientology press in inches, it used to be called profitable images. There was also a stat called "unprofitable images on the enemy' or something like that. A thread started here by "auditonbookonenigga" was an example of OSA getting a stat off the board.

It is a highly questionable thing to do. Sort of like firemen counting how many buckets of water they carry while the house burns down!

I don't want to exacerbate any witch hunt on any members, I did that already on Pitbull(s) and decided later he was a shit stirrer and maybe not an OSA troll,

Maybe OSA likes my success story posts??

Some 7 years ago was on a defunct forum COSI [ investigation] and an
ex OSA guy gave some very interesting commentary on OSA stats. Was like something out of "Alice in the looking glass." If one got a small one paragraph in the back of lets say the LA times, it cancelled out a front page
article against the COS earlier in the week, was one example.

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ceedia raises some good points at an interesting time.

OSA clearly have a mission to stop the hemorrhaging going on in Sydney and now elsewhere before it spreads to yet other areas.....:whistling:

They have clearly stepped up efforts to interupt and discredit ESMB in the last few days.

The October 18 protests have been very successful by Anons. The cofs is having more trouble than ever controlling the group, it may have pushed them too far this time and of course blames vehicles like ESMB, thus it is inevitable that this board will get some special attention.

One thing to remember is not all trolls are OSA and not all OSA on the board will obviously troll. I got outed by OSA on this board, I got lulled into sending an e-mail to a guy, I read some of his posts first and decided to trust him as he had never trolled. Within a day OSA knew the identity of Feral.

You should name names.

You potetially tar quite a few people in readers minds with the brush of nonspecificity.

Alex

Last edited:

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is what a Troll does:

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

It's not really necessary to identify if one who does this action is OSA, or whatever.

What's important is to understand what the troll does, why he does it and how to avoid falling into his trap.

It's that easy.

If you detect a troll, you can simply quote his post in yours and write:

TROLL: DO NOT FEED.

If you later detect that others are falling for the troll... continue alerting them with the same thing:

TROLL: DO NOT FEED.

FlunkedForLaughing

Patron with Honors
I'm going to start using the little alert link (exclamation mark in the upper right corner of every post). It would be nice if this board was slightly moderated, so consistent trolls were warned to tone it down, and watched on evey post, and their accounts canceled with further abuse. Don't know if that's possible, but it might help, especially for people like Pitbull.

When I first joined this message board, it was the second message board I had ever participated in. The first was Enturbulation.org a few months earlier. At the time I didn't know what a Troll was, or how to recognise one. Newbies have a learning curve to go through. Understanding trolls is part of it. The members who react badly to the trolls might just need a little education about trolling.

FFL