What's new

What did you do to save yourself and others?

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
One of the most touching ( there are so many; many so much more terrifying and horrifying) stories I can think of was Twin A's loss of her cat.

If you can care about that, you can't be a Scientologist.

Zinj

Good twin

Floater
Michelle, Zinj knows a lot for someone who's never been in. But not everything. I ALWAYS had cats. I actually had a cat infestation at home while running a Scn group. I was delegating cat feeding to my kids and neighbors while getting the birthday game stats up and housing a homeless traveler while my husband was in L.A. going OT. I was caring for cats in a big way but far from out. One of my cats was trained to do assists. This was bizarre I know, but she (the cat) would give assists to my diabetic roommate and......oh nevermind, this is getting so incredibly weird.:nervous:

Zinjifar

I only understand the 'philosophy' GT :) Not the implementation. I'm not surprised that no amount of brainwashing can kill human compassion and love. Actually, I'm not surprised at all. What made Scientology *tolerable* for most Scientologists was the 'unscientology' they practiced.

Zinj

Wisened One

Crusader
GT: Wha? :omg: YOU keep talking, girl! Meanwhile: I found you a new avatar! For you and ImOut! Courtesy of grundy!

image015.jpg

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
The most important thing you both did to save others was getting out. That you also talked was gravy. Tasty gravy

Thanks, Zinj. I've been asking myself what I might have done, but you never know what affects someone else. I wasn't ever really close to other staff or Scns except for a couple.

Wisened One

Crusader
thetanic: Yeah, same here. We couldn't be, tho, could we? I mean..most of us were too busy, too stressed to get to know anyone else other than in the Staff/SO mindset, right? :no:

Thanks, Zinj. I've been asking myself what I might have done, but you never know what affects someone else. I wasn't ever really close to other staff or Scns except for a couple.

Zinjifar

If ESMB has shown *anything* it's that Scientologists on the verge see Scientologists *out* and evaluate accordingly.

There is no single act more important than freeing yourself.

Zinj

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Actually, that picture really struck me, since it looks like an exact duplicate of our Sinatra, who was named for how beautifully she sang while demanding to be let in. Nowdays, she's part of the Bossy Bitches clique that rides herd on the 'lesser' beings.

sinatra01.jpg

Zinj

well, I reckon Zinj bought the cat because it matches the beautiful lead-light glass ...

:eyeroll:

clearcat

Patron with Honors
I guess everyone's story is different and depending on their situation. Mine was to leave a continent, disappear into silence and willing to confront that everyone you had met and thought were friends would disconnect, which they all did. Believe me, I lost a lot of "friends", and I was ready to confront that. I was very lonely for a while but also learned there are very decent people out there who don't judge you by your beliefs, they just take you as the person you are.

I never thought it would be easy and it wasn't. But one thing I learned in life is: BE TRUE TO YOURSELF

As hard as it may be, it will pay off in the end. You can get through of being shunned, starting a complete new life, healing yourself and find new friends and the love of people you meet - JUST DON'T EVER GIVE UP - is the best advise I can give you. b\:yes:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I think we are all just flying by the seats of our pants in life, trying to figure it all out. What's right for one person isn't necessarily going to be right for another person. :)

lostnfound

Speaking of integrity to yourself

I used to be a bit of a bitch in hindsight, and to anyone on here that I was a bitch to, I'm sorry. I really truly am.

It ain't easy having a gun held to your head waiting for you to slip up.

I remember making an exec scrub toilets, clean a set of stairs with a toothbrush, for what in the real world is classified as silly mistake and most get over it.

There were times, however when I did help others. Like taking a young kid out for dinner when he had no $ (with my saved up 5c pieces I might add) and giving him train fare to get to work (sorry, slavery) the next day and lookin after him when his parents were too busy being robots to look after him.