What's new

Epic London Protest 15/11/08

Feral

Rogue male
When in the COS they were wont to tell me what books not to read, what books to read. What people to talk to, who not to talk to. What to talk about what not to talk about.

When to protest and where and how.

I'm astonished that I get more of the same here on ESMB!

That a practicing scientologist protests the COS abuses sends a certain message don't you think?

I'll protest when and where I want, talk to who I want about what I
want!

Fair enuff

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
When in the COS they were wont to tell me what books not to read, what books to read. What people to talk to, who not to talk to. What to talk about what not to talk about.

That a practicing scientologist protests the COS abuses sends a certain message don't you think?

want!

I have spoken to YOU on a few occasions now and whilst YOU say YOU protest the abuses in the COS you always have reason to praise LRH. I have read YOUR threads on successful completions in the Freezone and YET again YOU always praise LRH.

L. Ron HUbbard was a liar, a thief, a cheat, a connman. He locked Children up in the ships chain locker, this isn't just my testimony, their were other witnesses. A lot of other witnesses that haven't for whatever reason come forward.

The main witness to these awful, dispicable megalomaniac actions was one Hana Eltringham who went on to follow Hubbard and his god damned horrific abuses for many years until finally she saw that what was happening to her and other people was beyond comprehension.She suffered immeasurably as did many other people. If it hadn't been for Hana back in the late 1960s I actually don't think I would be alive today to tell my tale.

My Father is alive, but at what cost.He lives in a twilight zone, he is not at one with this world and I know first hand that you don't necessarily have to have been in $cientology to fit into this category but by god if you happen to have been indoctrinated by these people, especially LRH and MSH back then , you didn't stand a hope in hell of coming out intact.

Have you any idea what it felt like to have gone through what I did and to finally find my Dad and find that he thought he was a secret agent and had absolutely NO idea of what I had gone through.NO conception of the nightmare I had endured because he had his own nightmares and Hubbard had ensured that he (my Dad) was totally incapable of ever functioning properly as a mentally stable person ever again. Locked in a dark world of espionage and dirty tricks.YOU have NO fucking idea.

Don't talk to me about not being allowed to read books, not being allowed to talk to certain people,not being allowed to talk about what I want.

The man YOU choose to praise IS the man who rendered my Dad incapable of rescuing the child he thought the world of and yet abandoned, because he felt he had no option because the great Messiah L. Ron Hubbard held ALL the cards.He (LRH) broke people mentally, broke them until they could fight no more and ended up a mere shadow of their former selves.

Until recently YOUR protest sign promoted the Freezone, the last couple of protests you haven't had your sign but YOU interrupted a conversation and said "you can study $cientology outside of the church". There IS NO fucking "church", it is a corrupt and sinister organization and as far as I am concerned so is anything that promotes anything written by L. Ron Hubbard.

I too will talk to whom I want to, when and where I want, but IF YOU ever again interrupt a conversation and start promoting the Freezone, I will NOT be responsible for my actions.

ScudMuffin

want!

Touting for the FZ at an anti-SCN protest is generally a bad idea. Protesting the Cult, we have to get into how the cult keeps people in, which is the hope/brain washing/auditing trap that is scientology.

It's like walking into brixton wearing an anti-black sandwich board, only a bit less hazardous.

I too will talk to whom I want to, when and where I want, but IF YOU ever again interrupt a conversation and start promoting the Freezone, I will NOT be responsible for my actions.

:eyeroll:

It's posts like this which keep Scientologists in Scientology.

Sad, but true. At least, whenever I looked at the Internet and found posts like this, it really made it clear that the anti-Scientologists were particularly insane.

Not responsible for your actions? Really? You would actually resort to physical blows among your fellow protesters, all because you can't handle someone having an opinion which differs from yours and expressing it?

Talk about a footbullet. OSA would have a field day with that one. Imagine that video on youtube!

Anonymous: Defenders of Free Speech -- as long as they agree with it!

Anonymous, you really need to figure out your message. Either you really are just protesting the abuses, or you're trying to force people to give up their beliefs entirely. Could you let the rest of us know which it is, honestly? We exes would like to know if we should support you or not, and it largely hinges on that question -- some exes agree with one stance, others agree with the other.

Terril park

Sponsor

Sad, but true. At least, whenever I looked at the Internet and found posts like this, it really made it clear that the anti-Scientologists were particularly insane.

Not responsible for your actions? Really? You would actually resort to physical blows among your fellow protesters, all because you can't handle someone having an opinion which differs from yours and expressing it?

Talk about a footbullet. OSA would have a field day with that one. Imagine that video on youtube!

Anonymous, you really need to figure out your message. Either you really are just protesting the abuses, or you're trying to force people to give up their beliefs entirely. Could you let the rest of us know which it is, honestly? We exes would like to know if we should support you or not, and it largely hinges on that question -- some exes agree with one stance, others agree with the other.

Tamasin had a particularly hard time at the hands of the COS, from when she was a child, got separated from her dad because of this for most of her life, and it seems that someone from OSA is cyber stalking her or something.

She's angry and blowing off steam, nothing to worry about.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Tamasin had a particularly hard time at the hands of the COS, from when she was a child, got separated from her dad because of this for most of her life, and it seems that someone from OSA is cyber stalking her or something.

She's angry and blowing off steam, nothing to worry about.

That is incredibly patronising Terril.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Tamasin is NOT Anonymous.

While I agree that perhaps she didn't use the best choice of words, I also understand it. Normally I am concerned with what lurkers read, but anyone who takes that comment out of context and has their consideration that "ex scientologists are insane" validated has a shit load more reading to do. :grouch: Tamasin has more courage and integrity in her little toe than those people who are content to sit back and judge.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I didn't read it as patronising. I thought he was just asking for Tam to be cut some slack.
I could be wrong, of course, it's happened before! :)

Yes of course he is, I got that. It's the attitude of dismissal that annoys me, and I know Terril also understands me enough not to take offence either. :D

Terril park

Sponsor
Yes of course he is, I got that. It's the attitude of dismissal that annoys me, and I know Terril also understands me enough not to take offence either. :D

Yeah things don't always communicate perfectly on the net. I'm being supportive not dismissive. Spent some time talking with her, and I'm a friend whether she wants me as one or not.

Veda

Sponsor
Yeah things don't always communicate perfectly on the net. I'm being supportive not dismissive. Spent some time talking with her, and I'm a friend whether she wants me as one or not.

In person you could use your Scientology PR and faux ARC, your "How to win friends and influence people" and NLP manipulative techniques more effectively.

What you don't get is that people catch on and don't want to be "handled" by you.

And they have that right.

There's a time to back off.

Sharone Stainforth

Tamasin is not anonymous, my name is Sharone Stainforth. I am NOT and never have been a $cientologist and to call me such is a bloody insult of the highest order. I am however, an ex$cientologist kid, NOT through choice and had I ever been given the choice I would have chosen to NEVER EVER have anything to do with $cientology.

This thread was a picket report, it has turned into a bitch fest.I won't participate again.

Your damned right I did have a particularly hard time in $cientologys "OH SO ELITE" Sea Org "the sanest place on earth" according to LRH and yet ALL I saw was total INSANITY every day.

Today I spoke with my Father and whilst some of the conversation was worth while, there were parts of the conversation that only emphasized for me why L. Ron Hubbards so called "tech" IS the most sinister and deadly garbage EVER to have been used and manipulated upon innocent people.

This IS and WAS RAPE of the mind. I will NEVER forget, and I will NEVER forgive what $cientology did to my Father.Nor will I forgive what $cientology DID and STILL does to innocent people.

I may not write anything more on here, but I will NOT stop protesting.

Tamasin is NOT Anonymous.

While I agree that perhaps she didn't use the best choice of words, I also understand it. Normally I am concerned with what lurkers read, but anyone who takes that comment out of context and has their consideration that "ex scientologists are insane" validated has a shit load more reading to do. :grouch: Tamasin has more courage and integrity in her little toe than those people who are content to sit back and judge.

It doesn't really matter whether Tamasin is Anonymous or not. Her going ballistic at an Anonymous raid is going to wind up reflecting poorly on Anonymous. Heck, Tamasin just handed OSA a way to cause a problem at the next raid just by having some unknown agent interrupt her and mention the Freezone a few times. In a large group of Anonymi, how hard would it be for OSA to move a couple of agents in there with masks on?

And it isn't that "ex Scientologists" are insane. Please go back and read what I wrote. It's that there are some really rabid anti-Scientology critics out there (whether exes or not), and -- I'm just offering my perspective here, as someone who thought to leave Scientology once upon a time and found anti-Scientologists on the Internet who thought hating me personally was somehow going to achieve a positive result -- seeing the rabid really tends to reinforce what the Church says about those who oppose Scientology. Some actual reason would have saved me a few years of being in. Being on the receiving end of venom spew sent me back.

Terril park

Sponsor
It doesn't really matter whether Tamasin is Anonymous or not. Her going ballistic at an Anonymous raid is going to wind up reflecting poorly on Anonymous. Heck, Tamasin just handed OSA a way to cause a problem at the next raid just by having some unknown agent interrupt her and mention the Freezone a few times. In a large group of Anonymi, how hard would it be for OSA to move a couple of agents in there with masks on?

And it isn't that "ex Scientologists" are insane. Please go back and read what I wrote. It's that there are some really rabid anti-Scientology critics out there (whether exes or not), and -- I'm just offering my perspective here, as someone who thought to leave Scientology once upon a time and found anti-Scientologists on the Internet who thought hating me personally was somehow going to achieve a positive result -- seeing the rabid really tends to reinforce what the Church says about those who oppose Scientology. Some actual reason would have saved me a few years of being in. Being on the receiving end of venom spew sent me back.

You're back in COS? Tell me more.

You're back in COS? Tell me more.

LOL No. Am I really that bad at getting a point across? Sheesh.

I sought to leave in 92-93ish... went back after trying to apply Doubt and finding that a large portion of those who oppose Scientology (and were on the Internet) were so irrational in their utter hatred and distaste for me in particular and Scientology in general that Scientology looked better in comparison.

I've been out for about a decade now.

Sharone Stainforth

Tamasin will not be going ballistic any where any time in the near future.Why do you think I walked away?They are giving me a hard enough time as it is without me handing it to them on a plate.

UkAnony

Patron Meritorious
I think people just need to get off Tamasin's back guys. I have met/seen Tamasin twice now. (Once at IAS, and the other time was the pub on Sat)

The point was you a FZer, Terril interupted a chat SHE was having with a couple of members of the public, the chat being about being AGAINIST the abuses of Scientology etc.

I think what you should of done was wait til Tamasin had finished chating then say what you needed to yea?

OH and Tamasin if you need more support at future london protests just come and find me ok?

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
LOL No. Am I really that bad at getting a point across? Sheesh.

I sought to leave in 92-93ish... went back after trying to apply Doubt and finding that a large portion of those who oppose Scientology (and were on the Internet) were so irrational in their utter hatred and distaste for me in particular and Scientology in general that Scientology looked better in comparison.

I've been out for about a decade now.

Who was 'on the internet' back in '92-'93? Who were these venomous 'critics'? I can think of *maybe* a half dozen who were mildly expressing their opinions back then.

Sounds like hooey.

Zinj