What's new

DM Vicious?

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Ha ha. Just kidding around.

Guess I didn't EP the O/Ws I was ordered to write up.... that's what the self appointed E/O just told me. So I am back to the O/W table for another week, until I have another cog.... Gonna take a while cause I am NCG so cogs are hard to come by and few and far between.... Oh well.

Last edited:

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
Ha ha. Just kidding around.

Guess I didn't EP the O/Ws I was ordered to write up.... that's what the self appointed E/O just told me. So I am back to the O/W table for another week, until I have another cog.... Gonna take a while cause I am NCG so cogs are hard to come by and few and far between.... Oh well.

I recently learned that cogs are really easy to make up when you get tired of running something, especially sec check questions.

I had some really good and convincing ones. They even read on the meter.

Victor

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I recently learned that cogs are really easy to make up when you get tired of running something, especially sec check questions.

I had some really good and convincing ones. They even read on the meter.

Victor

Interesting that you should say that.

There were times (at points of exasperation with running a sec check question or a process) where I just felt very over run or flat on it and thought to myself... "Ok, I've had enough of this..what have I learned here", and I'd "realise" something.

I'm not saying they weren't legitimate cogs, but they were brought about through analytical thinking rather than a piece of bank "blowing off".

I've had both kinds, and the "bank blowing off" ones are usually much "bigger", but they were so few and far between that I used to do the analytical thing more often than not.

I guess I cheated :unsure:

No wonder I'm an SP!!!

Last edited:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
YOU'RE AN SP!!!!!!!! EW!!!!! GROSS!!!!!:mad:

That was exactly what I was talking about on Knowledgism thread.... the fake cogs....:confused2: Maybe we are all kinda guilty of that.

Little Bear Victor

That was exactly what I was talking about on Knowledgism thread.... the fake cogs....:confused2: Maybe we are all kinda guilty of that.

Well, as long as it's just amongst us kiddies here and doesn't leak out into public knowledge, we'll be safe...

V

:angel:

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron

Have you ever written what actual criminal acts you have ACTUALLY done?

After 100's of hours of sec checks, etc., I was feeling like an utter criminal.

So I decided to write down what by law criminal acts I had done.

Speeding.

Stealing money from mothers purse.

Stealing candy from a shop.

Travelling on London Underground system without a ticket......I was 6, 7, 8 years old then.

Scrumping! :)

What a dull, insignificant life! :(

Alan

Last edited by a moderator:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
AW, you're such and angel, Alan, we know that already!!!!!

I don't think I did any except assault once on a staff member (who was, incidentally, over twice my size and I was rolling on the floor laughing about it after cause I threw her pretty far!!!)

I am exterior. Thank you Alan!!!!!

(Gonna come visit you in Dallas someday, ok?):happydance:

Little Bear Victor

It's because it's not LRH. Its mostly a collection of BTB's. :fly:

(I managed to dredge back up the subject we were in the middle of. Call me the discovered of lost threads!)

That being the case, and since I don't have a copy of Dianetics Today, what is it supposed to be all about? Just an update on Dianetics technology from that time? (When was it published originally?)

1954 was the famous year when LRH recovered the Dn trademarks which marked the reunification of Dianetics and Scientology. Dianetics technology was subsequently updated to better match up to Scientology discoveries (I'm leaving out all the quote marks I have an urge to put around certain words here). So, this book, I would assume, was the handbook of Dianetics technology after those changes? Although Dianetics 55! is more like it.

Just trying to fill the holes in my education here.

Victor

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
(I managed to dredge back up the subject we were in the middle of. Call me the discovered of lost threads!)

That being the case, and since I don't have a copy of Dianetics Today, what is it supposed to be all about? Just an update on Dianetics technology from that time? (When was it published originally?)

1954 was the famous year when LRH recovered the Dn trademarks which marked the reunification of Dianetics and Scientology. Dianetics technology was subsequently updated to better match up to Scientology discoveries (I'm leaving out all the quote marks I have an urge to put around certain words here). So, this book, I would assume, was the handbook of Dianetics technology after those changes? Although Dianetics 55! is more like it.

Just trying to fill the holes in my education here.

Victor

My hallowed copy of "Dianetics Today" is laying open beside me.

It was published in March of 1975 by Pubs Org on Temple Street. It was compiled and edited by The LRH Personal Compilations Bureau. Edited by Jill Steinberg and Alethiea C Taylor. The artwork is by Andre Clavel.

It is ISBN #0-88404-036-4

It's in three sections, Book 1 Book 2 and Book 3.

The Chapters in Book One:

Become an Auditor
How To Study Dianetics
Basic Dianetics Definitions and Illustrations
What is the Mind?
Dianetics Use

Book Two:

The Magic of Communication
The E-Meter
Observing the Obvious
End Phenomena
Administration, A Piece of Truth

Book Three

Dianetic Auditing and Society
R3R Procedure
The PC's Introduction to Auditing
Rudiments and Havingness
Assists
Drugs
The Bridge to Health
Auditor Rights
The Ivory Tower
Personally C/Sed Sessions
Keeping Dianetics Working
The Value if Training

Then there are other sections:

Quadruple Dianetics
The Dianetics Axioms
About the Author
Bibliography
Abbreviations List
Glossary
Index.

It's 1060 pages long.

Any other questions before the Official Alanzo Historical Archivist returns this book to the Archival Library?

PS: the About the Author section contains this quote:

"In 1941 like many other young men of his generation, L Ron Hubbard was commissioned in the US Navy. He served in all five theaters of the war. In 1944 he was severely wounded and was taken crippled and blinded to Oak Knoll Naval Hospital. It was here that L Ron Hubbard did much of his early research on the human mind...Injured, L Ron Hubbard faced an almost non-existent future, yet he worked his way back to fitness, strength and full perception in less than two years, using only what he knew and what he could determine about Man and his relationship with the universe...."

Hah!

I wonder what the new books say in the "About the Author" section?

Little Bear Victor

Any other questions before the Official Alanzo Historical Archivist returns this book to the Archival Library?

Thank you Mr. Archivist,

Yes: Does it say "L. Ron Hubbard" or "Based on the Works of L. Ron Hubbard" on the cover?

Victor

P.S. I rather like the choice of the word "theatres" in the bio.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Thank you Mr. Archivist,
Yes: Does it say "L. Ron Hubbard" or "Based on the Works of L. Ron Hubbard" on the cover?

Victor

P.S. I rather like the choice of the word "theatres" in the bio.

I don't have the dust jacket any more.

The front and back covers are green with no writing, and on the spine the writing says "DIANETICS TODAY L. RON HUBBARD"

Also, the copyright is 1975, by L Ron Hubbard. All Rights Reserved.

Also, the Title Page inside the book says

"DIANETICS TODAY

by

L. Ron Hubbard"

Little Bear Victor

I don't have the dust jacket any more.

The front and back covers are green with no writing, and on the spine the writing says "DIANETICS TODAY L. RON HUBBARD"

Also, the copyright is 1975, by L Ron Hubbard. All Rights Reserved.

Also, the Title Page inside the book says

"DIANETICS TODAY

by

L. Ron Hubbard"

Fancy that!

So it was published as an LRH book but it was really Body Thetan Bulletins?

I guess it's the same "mistake" as with Ch Dn and some other books?

Victor​

pomfritz

Patron with Honors
They wrote he served in 5 theatres during WWII?

It must include the costly Mexican coast theatre and let's see what else,

I can only assume it includes the theatre of the absurd.

Later reproofing of transcriptions must have shown he barely served in 1 and came back with a blindingly, crippling case of indigestion which he miracurously cured by himself.