What's new

Another reason I’m an ex-scientologist

BAYCB

Patron with Honors
I’ve been off lines for some time now. As most of you know with the release of the basic books there was a tremendous push to sell the books. I started receiving many calls from quite a few sea org members to buy the package…( I still had some money on account ).

One of these people turned out to be someone who I had known many years ago, but since they joined the sea org I hadn’t heard from them for 30 years. It was nice to hear from this person and I tried to talk and chat as old friends would want to do. But, sadly all this person wanted was to sell the books. Well, after many phone calls, emails and attempts to sell me on the package, I got a little upset and sent the following email back:

XXXX,

As your friend, I'll be straight up with you...no more games. Yes we do go back a long ways. However we all chose a different path to walk.

I can't image what you have been through in your journey in the Sea Org. I have read many stories of others experiences at Gold and the Sea Org.
It's hard for me to believe that anyone as dedicated as yourself and your husband would have deserved to be put in the RPF. But from what I have read, who wasn't RPFed at Gold. But then, if stellar people like Marc Yager, Guillaume Lesevre and Mike Rinder were spending a lot of time "on the decks" what's really going on?
One correction here... Mike Rinder left the Church in the summer of 2007.

I had forgotten the fanaticism that one can get into to get one's products. The constant calls sure reminded me of this. I'm sure some think the Basics are the answer to everything.... but I'm not one of them. I don't have the spark to handle everyone on the planet. Actually the original intent was to handle myself, then to help my family and friends, and then others.

Now my focus is on handling myself family and friends.

In honesty, how many people did we really help at the org? Most staff rarely went up the bridge and most public couldn't afford most of the bridge.
Even in your own case, you went into the Sea Org as an OTIII and in your 30 years, where are you now? In my opinion you deserve to be at least at OTVIII.
Anyway, that’s just me.

I do my best to respect the beliefs of others and I have a lot of respect for your basic intent. However, there is a darker side to this endeavor built on lies and deceit. There is no need for me to go into that, as you have the disadvantage of being isolated from the real world. For example, do you have your own driver’s license or car? When was the last time you voted? Do you honestly think that the world will cease to exist if you were allowed a real vacation? What about your future? Sure, we are all spiritual beings and will continue in a next life, but what will happen to you as your current body starts falling apart (as mine has started to do) and you are Off Loaded from the Sea Org? Are you just told to "End Cycle" and pick up a new body?

I'm sure you are thinking, must be his crimes causing his misguided thoughts. Even with all the bad PR on the internet and the annoying phone calls, I still enjoy hearing LRH and reading his books. If my viewpoint is counter to yours, just chalk it up to MU's or Evil Purposes or Both.

If this is the last I hear from you, that’s ok. I'm still your friend and If you ever need something from me, just contact me. (I know you have my number :)

Your friend always.... XXXX

-----------------------------
As a result of the letter, all calls stopped :) and I haven’t heard from my friend since. Now I’ve heard from another friend of mine that this person has contacted people that used to know me and tell them to stay away from me or if still in contact to disconnect from me.

Who says that the Church of Scientology no longer practices disconnection?

ozzie

Patron with Honors
The only ones who say they no longer practice disconnection is the Church itself!

Those that are disconnected from can definitely saya different.

I'm sorry your friend can't see through the mists of disception - same goes for some of my own family members.

Maybe in time..............

Ozzie:yes:

BAYCB

Patron with Honors
To my understanding his friend got the email and disconnected and told others to disconnect. I hope his frinend will wake up.

You are correct.... that's why I posted this today. I found out what my former friend in the Sea Org is doing. It's sad that they can't see how their actions are causing others to leave the church. Hopefully one day we can be friends again.... who knows, maybe we'll meet again on ESMB.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
BAYCB at least you've put some truth out there - whether or not your SO friend ever sees that is another matter.

But the people told to disconnect from you will mostly question why - and they'll be willing to look = more ex-scientologists.

That's the way it's been happening here in Oz but Co$ keeps up the same old self-destructive disconnection crap.

More power to them, I say :D

Lovesnightsky

Silver Meritorious Patron
You are correct.... that's why I posted this today. I found out what my former friend in the Sea Org is doing. It's sad that they can't see how their actions are causing others to leave the church. Hopefully one day we can be friends again.... who knows, maybe we'll meet again on ESMB.

Bummer. Sorry to hear that.

Hopefully the situation will place doubt in people's minds enough to do some googleing and find out the truth.

MarkWI

Patron Meritorious
[...] Hopefully one day we can be friends again.... who knows, maybe we'll meet again on ESMB.

That is a good answer at "Why you don't just put Scio behind and move on?" By enforcing disconnection they give us a reason and something to fight for: to have our loved ones back in comm with us. :hug:

Isn't that silly from an organization that claims to know everithing about human behaviour? The right way to handle an origination is to linsten and acknowledge. Yet they run around telling everybody to not linsten to you
:blah:
- making you wanting to scream and fight to get your comm across to people you care.

feline

Patron Meritorious
That is a good answer at "Why you don't just put Scio behind and move on?" By enforcing disconnection they give us a reason and something to fight for: to have our loved ones back in comm with us. :hug:

Isn't that silly from an organization that claims to know everithing about human behaviour? The right way to handle an origination is to linsten and acknowledge. Yet they run around telling everybody to not linsten to you
:blah:
- making you wanting to scream and fight to get your comm across to people you care.

Mark- an excellent point. I had been away from the impact of Scn for over 20 years. It was the Anon breakout that got me going again. If Scn had just left people alone, they wouldn't have made so many enemies.

My first marriage ended as a result of forced disconnection. I attended my first protest in April. The theme was Reconnection. I know that too many years have passed and my ex and I will never reconnect. But I think of the young girl that married him all those years ago, believing that she had found her life partner. I wish someone had warned me. But no internet, no information.

I will do whatever it takes to make sure that the next person in that situation at least knows what they're in for.

Carmel

Crusader
Good on you BAYCB, for sending that letter! :thumbsup: Sorry that it hasn't resulted in a positive response, but you never know what seed you may have planted that will count for something in the future, with that individual.

Yes, the CofS does still apply the disconnection policy and/or try to enforce it. It seems that these days they are even more hell bent on trying to enforce it, given their desperation since so many these days, are exiting the ranks.

My God, when ya think of it - some are "so ARC broken" with those of us who have communicated to them, the truths we know of. Imagine their humungous ARC break when they at some point down the track discover that they denied the obvious truth that was handed to them on a platter by someone who cared about them. They are the victims here, not us!

- it's some consolation at least, in regard to the odd asshole or robot who really goes to town on how fucked and evil we are for communicating

and...

- in regard to those we care about, it's reason to persist despite the sometimes awful consequences.