What's new

Project to put Miscavige behind bars!

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
I notice that scientologists and ex scientologists refer to going "up" the
bridge. This may be a silly question, but where did that convention come
from? Dosent one usually go OVER a bridge, or CROSS a bridge..one might
go UP a ladder, or Up a stairway...but UP a Bridge? Its an odd metaphor.

Well, unless you have seen the Grade Chart (also called The Bridge), a vertical chart that details (from bottom to top) the successive levels that supposedly lead to Total Freedom (which is at the top of the chart). Hanging on the wall, the impression you get when reading it from bottom to top is really more that of a ladder than a bridge. (Anyone got a picture to show nonScio?)

Victor

NonScio

Patron Meritorious
Well, unless you have seen the Grade Chart (also called The Bridge), a vertical chart that details (from bottom to top) the successive levels that supposedly lead to Total Freedom (which is at the top of the chart). Hanging on the wall, the impression you get when reading it from bottom to top is really more that of a ladder than a bridge. (Anyone got a picture to show nonScio?)

Victor

I have seen the grade chart, and as I remember, it is presented in a vertical
format. Just interesting that it is referred to as a Bridge rather than a
ladder or stairs or some such. The only thing I can think of in "up a
bridge" is going up an entrance ramp to get on the bridge before you
cross. It seems that if you are always going "up the Bridge", you will never
actually cross it!

Maybe this was a little joke perpertated by LRH!

Little Bear Victor

I have seen the grade chart, and as I remember, it is presented in a vertical
format. Just interesting that it is referred to as a Bridge rather than a
ladder or stairs or some such. The only thing I can think of in "up a
bridge" is going up an entrance ramp to get on the bridge before you
cross. It seems that if you are always going "up the Bridge", you will never
actually cross it!

Maybe this was a little joke perpertated by LRH!

Well, since I'm in the mood to explain this:

The Bridge, apart from being that chart on the wall, is also an old metaphor for spiritual improvement, or going from a lower plane of existence to a higher plane on a bridge across a chasm. So the Bridge in Scientology does go UP, in accordance with that simile (I am beginning to feel like an intro lecturer at this point). This bridge image can be found in places like the cover of the What is Scientology book.

V

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Well, since I'm in the mood to explain this:

The Bridge, apart from being that chart on the wall, is also an old metaphor for spiritual improvement, or going from a lower plane of existence to a higher plane on a bridge across a chasm. So the Bridge in Scientology does go UP, in accordance with that simile (I am beginning to feel like an intro lecturer at this point). This bridge image can be found in places like the cover of the What is Scientology book.

V

It does a 'pier' to go nowhere... at least if anyone's expecting to hear reports from the beyond...

:)

Zinj

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator

Victor

thePier.gif

Little Bear Victor

It does a 'pier' to go nowhere... at least if anyone's expecting to hear reports from the beyond...

:)

Zinj

The latest verified report from the beyond that I remember was by Harry Houdini. He didn't mention the Bridge, but I think he was an earlier generation.

V

NonScio

Patron Meritorious
I've got a Bridge to sell ya!

Also brings to mind the old American joke/quip usually aimed at
the naive...well if ya believe that, I've got a Bridge for sale!

I'll give you something to look forward to: if there is a next time around for you get a scn girlfriend. Besides the fact that most of them define "hot" (at least they did when I was on lines) they can rock your world in ways you've never dreamed....:yes:[/QUOTE]

That's what I need, an ex-scn girlfriend. Is there one in the Dallas area?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I'll give you something to look forward to: if there is a next time around for you get a scn girlfriend. Besides the fact that most of them define "hot" (at least they did when I was on lines) they can rock your world in ways you've never dreamed....:yes:

This might be a good idea to raise money for ESMB!

Maybe we can have an Ex-Scn Girlfriend Calendar.

Pascal

I agree with the suicide probability...however they usually take as many as
their followers as they can with them. Hitler hung on long after the war
was clearly lost and hopeless...millions died in just the last few months of
the war in 1945. Jim Jones took something like 700 with him. So, are DM's faithful
willing to die with him if it comes to that?

No. DM is neither loved nor admired by anyone. People just fear him or are PTS to him. Easy since he only surrounds himself by boobs as all SPs do. Once his "power" is gone he will be shredded by those he armed or will take his own pathetic life and go hide in some black hole for eternity.

NonScio

Patron Meritorious
Is DM trapped?

A bit of speculation here. What is DM's goal? Has that goal changed
over the years? Does he really believe in Scientology, or is he hanging
in there for the "perqs"?

From what I've read here and on OPCB, it's hard to figure him out...clearly
he dosent buy the "Ron as God" BS...when I read the accounts of Hubbard's
death and DM's role in it, I couldn't help thinking of the scene from I CLAUDIUS
where Caligula smothers Tiberius (actually bribes the head of the praetorian guard to do it)
and assumes the emperor's robes. Caligula of
course was mad as a hatter and after nearly running the empire into
the ditch, was assasinated while on the way to the toilet at the
colliseum.

Is DM Scientology's Caligula, mad as a hatter, likely to stay on to
the bitter end? Would he ever give up vountarily...surely he could
walk away with a cool $billion or so...bully the "board of directors"
to vote him half the assets of the "church" in thanks for his years
of brilliant service etc.. the ultimate in golden parachutes.
Or will he stay on till he dies of natural causes or until some new
rising Ron wannabe waylays him on his way to the toilet?

So, the question is...is DM just a normal cold calulating SOB like
so many executives who rise to the top of the corporate ladder,
loot the company for all they can get, and skeddadle with their
loot before TSHTF? Or is he actually nuts, thoroughly addicted
to the "church", his position of power etc. Is he as trapped in
Scientology as the rest of the faithful?

Little Bear Victor

So, the question is...is DM just a normal cold calulating SOB like
so many executives who rise to the top of the corporate ladder,
loot the company for all they can get, and skeddadle with their
loot before TSHTF? Or is he actually nuts, thoroughly addicted
to the "church", his position of power etc. Is he as trapped in
Scientology as the rest of the faithful?

I gave my viewpoint on the matter recently under the "Who are the current management?" thread, but to answer your question here, his money and power all come from Scientology, so he is not going to give up being in charge at any cost as long as there is even a slight hope of improvement. Currently he is making about 60 million per event through donos and event sales "for Scientology" plus 2-3 million per week through the orgs. He is in control of all of the money flows and can freely determine what they are used for.

He is in no way addicted to the Church. He hates especially upper management and the people in it and would rather find some other way of expanding Scientology, such as broad public dissemination through celebrity contacts.

It is his Scientology. He has no other life. To that degree he is trapped. I don't think he would have (besides his reputation) any trouble being in charge of a major wog corporation, so to that degree he isn't. It is a free choice for him and for some reason or other he has decided to follow this route.

Here's where it enters an unknown territory for me: Whether he believes in LRH tech or not. He certainly acts like he does and almost everything he does is based on LRH policy (I'm not talking about his freeform application of "ethics" here), usually surprisingly closely. It used to be a great wonder to us at the Int base to find LRH policies on things we were rather certain were DMs own bright ideas. I think any doubting soul would be quite surprised to find out how closely he does follow LRH policy. But, on the subject of the gray area: I don't know if he does it because he believes it is true and workable (quite possible) or if he is doing so because it is a good PR move to appear to be the most on-source person on the planet (also quite possible).

I've never been able to figure him out.

Victor

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Thank you Victor.

But one large, glaring outpoint is his own lack of training progress. Man, does he kill techies for not moving on GAT line-up. We had FIRE under our asses to get through training. And he?

Plus he refuses auditing? WTF???? Anyone lower than him did, would be a HUGE outpoint.

Why should he be allowed to get away with crap that he busts other people for? His mirror is only a glass - he cannot see himself, only others.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Thank you Victor.

But one large, glaring outpoint is his own lack of training progress. Man, does he kill techies for not moving on GAT line-up. We had FIRE under our asses to get through training. And he?

Plus he refuses auditing? WTF???? Anyone lower than him did, would be a HUGE outpoint.

Why should he be allowed to get away with crap that he busts other people for? His mirror is only a glass - he cannot see himself, only others.

One of the more amusing 'theories' I've heard here on ESMB is that David Miscavige 'bought' Scientology from Ron.

In the first place, Ron is dead, and his 'estate' is itself the Scientology Organization (fraudulently obtained? No matter, Ron accumulated his 'wealth' fraudulently in the *first* place), so, to buy Scientology from Ron, would be to buy what you pay too.

2nd, David Miscavige *has no money* and never had any. His *only* wealth is his control of Scientology (and what he's managed to siphon off from Scientology's invisible 'books'.)

If David 'bought' Scientology he would have been using Scientology funds which would return to Scientology (visibly or invisibly).

Zinj

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
I gave my viewpoint on the matter recently under the "Who are the current management?" thread, but to answer your question here, his money and power all come from Scientology, so he is not going to give up being in charge at any cost as long as there is even a slight hope of improvement. Currently he is making about 60 million per event through donos and event sales "for Scientology" plus 2-3 million per week through the orgs. He is in control of all of the money flows and can freely determine what they are used for.

He is in no way addicted to the Church. He hates especially upper management and the people in it and would rather find some other way of expanding Scientology, such as broad public dissemination through celebrity contacts.

It is his Scientology. He has no other life. To that degree he is trapped. I don't think he would have (besides his reputation) any trouble being in charge of a major wog corporation, so to that degree he isn't. It is a free choice for him and for some reason or other he has decided to follow this route.

Here's where it enters an unknown territory for me: Whether he believes in LRH tech or not. He certainly acts like he does and almost everything he does is based on LRH policy (I'm not talking about his freeform application of "ethics" here), usually surprisingly closely. It used to be a great wonder to us at the Int base to find LRH policies on things we were rather certain were DMs own bright ideas. I think any doubting soul would be quite surprised to find out how closely he does follow LRH policy. But, on the subject of the gray area: I don't know if he does it because he believes it is true and workable (quite possible) or if he is doing so because it is a good PR move to appear to be the most on-source person on the planet (also quite possible).

I've never been able to figure him out.

Victor

I figured DM out years ago.

You may or not know I had dozens of run-ins with him and CMO Int. during the Mission Holders meetings.

I liked him - very bright - very cunning - extremely serv facy (But so was most management and exec types. The product of quickie grades.)

My assessment of DM and CMO Int execs were that most were failed study cases and almost ALL heavy abuse cases. (That is they came out of very abusive environments and families, as did Hubbard.)

There are 3 ways to study:

1. Other determined.

2. Study to make self right.

3. Sudy to grow. usually means; study makes you wrong - but in being willing to be wrong, you can expand you knowledge and wisdom. To study in this manner you usually study for the greatest good.

DM and most CMO Int execs were in the catagory 2 state. Except Norman Starkey who could not study very well.

As for DM he was very much in desperate need for an identity - most abuse cases have no identity of their own.

Any identity they do choose is used as a weapon. This kind of identity has a tremendous fear of anyone else being powerful as they live constantly in a state of fear and threat. Further they are "perfectionists" having long ago worked out the only way not to be abused is; to be perfect - they also know that they can dominate anyone by pointing out their imperfections.

My assessment of DM was he studied to make self right.

As an exec and leader he was stuck at the beginning of learning to lead.

Having been in that state just before Scio - I was an ugly piece of work - I blamed everyone for my condition - I trusted no-one - in staff meetings I ferociously pointed out wrongnesses. Naturally I built tremendous resentment. But have no power and little cash reserves I had to modify my behavior.

DM has never needed to really modify his behavior except of course with celebrities, at public events and on TV.

LRH in his early days had to modify his behavior - he too never handled his hatred of others with power. The TV interview of Hubbard was Hubbard at his best trying to be charming and at the same time seething with hatred.

This is very dichotomous behavior - charming, charasmatic, warm and friendly - especially if they want something from you. - The stabbing you in the back, hyper-critical, underhanded, malicious and cold.

I made a very simple decision when dealing with DM and the CMO Int. - "To never allow that bunch of crazies to have control over my life!"

Alan

Little Bear Victor

I figured DM out years ago.

You may or not know I had dozens of run-ins with him and CMO Int. during the Mission Holders meetings.

I liked him - very bright - very cunning - extremely serv facy (But so was most management and exec types. The product of quickie grades.)

My assessment of DM and CMO Int execs were that most were failed study cases and almost ALL heavy abuse cases. (That is they came out of very abusive environments and families, as did Hubbard.)

There are 3 ways to study:

1. Other determined.

2. Study to make self right.

3. Sudy to grow. usually means; study makes you wrong - but in being willing to be wrong, you can expand you knowledge and wisdom. To study in this manner you usually study for the greatest good.

DM and most CMO Int execs were in the catagory 2 state. Except Norman Starkey who could not study very well.

As for DM he was very much in desperate need for an identity - most abuse cases have no identity of their own.

Any identity they do choose is used as a weapon. This kind of identity has a tremendous fear of anyone else being powerful as they live constantly in a state of fear and threat. Further they are "perfectionists" having long ago worked out the only way not to be abused is; to be perfect - they also know that they can dominate anyone by pointing out their imperfections.

My assessment of DM was he studied to make self right.

As an exec and leader he was stuck at the beginning of learning to lead.

Having been in that state just before Scio - I was an ugly piece of work - I blamed everyone for my condition - I trusted no-one - in staff meetings I ferociously pointed out wrongnesses. Naturally I built tremendous resentment. But have no power and little cash reserves I had to modify my behavior.

DM has never needed to really modify his behavior except of course with celebrities, at public events and on TV.

LRH in his early days had to modify his behavior - he too never handled his hatred of others with power. The TV interview of Hubbard was Hubbard at his best trying to be charming and at the same time seething with hatred.

This is very dichotomous behavior - charming, charasmatic, warm and friendly - especially if they want something from you. - The stabbing you in the back, hyper-critical, underhanded, malicious and cold.

I made a very simple decision when dealing with DM and the CMO Int. - "To never allow that bunch of crazies to have control over my life!"

Alan

Alan,

I think that is accurate for the most part.

I've met him more than 50 times myself. The most obvious thing about him is obsession with power.

The main question I have not been able to answer to my own satisfaction is whether he believes what LRH says and thinks Scientology really is mankind's only salvation or pretends to do so because it gives him power. This may not be the best way to word my question, since I am sure he knows the good and the bad about LRH, yet is still -- at least apparently -- his greatest supporter and best friend. :confused:

Actually, maybe my question is more along the line of:

A) Does he really look up to LRH as a savior and thus "the greatest good for greatest number of dynamics" justifies his methods and deeds for him (as in "the end justifies the means")?

or

B) Did he find out that LRH was a fake but saw the opportunity for money and power and overtook the movement for his own benefit when LRH was on his way out?

I never got the chance to ask him.

V

Last edited:

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Alan,

I think that is accurate for the most part.

I've met him more than 50 times myself. The most obvious thing about him is obsession with power.

The main question I have not been able to answer to my own satisfaction is whether he believes what LRH says and thinks Scientology really is mankind's only salvation or pretends to do so because it gives him power. This may not be the best way to word my question, since I am sure he knows the good and the bad about LRH, yet is still -- at least apparently -- his greatest supporter and best friend. :confused:

V

Well by "being true" to LRH was what he got his power from - his imaginary meetings with LRH - was where he got his position from - he can then use that power and position to control - by using LRH as a weapon of control, compliance, positioning and domination.

His feigned loyalty to LRH is his best weapon of domination.

Thus he "believes" in LRH!

But his actions point out he does not believe in LRH - the Policy, Tech or the courses.

Google the symtoms of meglomania - is defines both LRH and DM.

Alan

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, let me state these are all opinions, and so is mine. So right from the beginning if I am leaning on an opinion I really DON'T KNOW, otherwise I wouldn't have to lean into opinion.

Currently, (whatever his original goals were),....currently he is a wealthy slave master.

And he owns them all now.

And he owns the paper and money and books and buildings but he owns the slaves too.

He has little or no freedom himself.

His life, from my view, is a frightening nightmare.

Who wants to be slave master?

My prediction is that he will not live a long life though.

He owes it to the slaves to remain God until the end.

And given his position I think he will do himself in to escape.

Probably with some terminal illness.

Then the next one will move forward to take his place.

And then there will be a new slave master.

Little Bear Victor

He owes it to the slaves to remain God until the end.

And given his position I think he will do himself in to escape.

Probably with some terminal illness.

Then the next one will move forward to take his place.

And then there will be a new slave master.

You really think there will be another one?

I think the time for this insanity is over as soon as the current dictator goes down. In my opinion he is the one that's holding the magick show together.

V