----- Original Message -----
To: '___' <mailto:_______________>
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 12:01 PM
Subject: Opening Celebration for Davis Mission

Hi ____,

Please pass this on to your guys.

Thanks, Jeannie

Hello,

We want to invite you to attend the Opening Celebration of the Davis Mission!
Join us on Sunday, December 7th from 2PM to 4PM
in welcoming the 10th and newest Mission in the Sacramento region.

The festivities will be held at the Mission which is located at
231 G Street, Suite 23
Upstairs in the Court N Cedar Building near 3rd and G.

It promises to be not only a great historical moment but a very theta event.
You do not want to miss it!

Call the Mission today to confirm your attendance!

Please feel free to leave a
message on our voice mail if your call is not answered personally.
Or confirm with Steve Ferris at 818-383-1263

Attached is a flyer for the event, please print it out and pass it along!

Thanks and see you there!

Jeannie McDiarmid

Church of Scientology
Mission of Davis
231 G Street, #23
Davis, CA 95616
(530) 204-7352

I got this e-mail, but not the flyer. I interpreted "all the Davis old-timers" to include Martin Samuels. I'm guessing he didn't get the e-mail, though. :unsure:

"newest Mission"? :confused2:

"historical moment"? Well, ok, as long as we don't forget our earlier historical moments. :duh:

Sorry, you don't know my name yet. :unsure:

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
Oh no, I feel bad to have started the ridicule. :unsure:

But, we shouldn't forget our history. And maybe Martin Samuels would like to attend. Why not? If he's still around, please let him know. I'll bet you a nickel, everyone who goes to the new COSMOD would love to hear his stories. No matter what they say, they would.

Sooner or later I hope I can rise above the fear of the cornball SP declares, rise above the celebration of pointing out the corniness, and just communicate. :happydance:

Good twin

Floater
Oh no, I feel bad to have started the ridicule. :unsure:

But, we shouldn't forget our history. And maybe Martin Samuels would like to attend. Why not? If he's still around, please let him know. I'll bet you a nickel, everyone who goes to the new COSMOD would love to hear his stories. No matter what they say, they would.

Sooner or later I hope I can rise above the fear of the cornball SP declares, rise above the celebration of pointing out the corniness, and just communicate. :happydance:

....and you have. Thank you for posting this, and you are right. I would have loved to hear Martin Samuels speak when I was still in. I would love to speak with him today as well. Meeting Alan Walters was wonderfully nostalgic. Would love to have a "reverse" mission holders conference. How cool would that be???:coolwink:

Martini

Patron Meritorious
The nostalgia concerning COSMOD is legion with some Scientologists. Stories of packed courserooms, vibrant enthusiasm and a spirit of play are often part of the description.

Hundreds of students, packed in, drilling TRs on the introductory course was one tid-bit if I remember correctly.

Seems impossible that could have ever existed now. Orgs are lucky if they get a few first starts in a week.

Good twin

Floater
I remember being a mission staff member training at Flag. Just seeing the COSMOD staff was impressive. They were the best dressed and most upstat trainees. I was envious. It was 1976. :yes:

exso72

Patron
I too originally came out of COSMOD and yes those were the days. The basic courseroom was always jam packed with hippyish UCD newbies doing their TRs 0-9 and there was a genuine enthusiasm that filled the place.

Good times had by all... Till we started "de-dinging"... Oops. That sure brought the Int Finance Police over in a hurry to shut us down. :duh:

xwc

Patron with Honors
I came out of COSMOD in the early 70's, too. One of the things there was people had to work to get on staff ... PRD, HSDC and Life Repair to even be considered (and an interview with Marty). And the staff members all wanted to be on staff. It made a difference.

And it was the only place I ever heard of that a reg would let a student take a "last acid trip" before starting his next action. I believe that would have been seen as reasonableness anywhere else.

Martini

Patron Meritorious
I came out of COSMOD in the early 70's, too. One of the things there was people had to work to get on staff ... PRD, HSDC and Life Repair to even be considered (and an interview with Marty). And the staff members all wanted to be on staff. It made a difference.

And it was the only place I ever heard of that a reg would let a student take a "last acid trip" before starting his next action. I believe that would have been seen as reasonableness anywhere else.

lol - was that Sherese, or maybe Susan?

too funny :lol:

how was the staff pay?

xwc

Patron with Honors
lol - was that Sherese, or maybe Susan?

too funny :lol:

how was the staff pay?

It was Susan. Never on staff there, but I think tech staff got paid OK. Comm Course Sups not so much (unless you compare to CL IV or SO)

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
Another E-mail

I got another e-mail.

--- On Sun, 11/30/08, XXXX XXXXXXXX <[email protected]> wrote:
Subject: Davis Mission Opening Celebration Sun. 12/7!!
To: "You" <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]
Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 12:51 PM

Guys! Read this heartfelt comm from Steve Ferris about the Opening Celebration of the Davis Mission next Sunday, Dec. 7th from 2-4pm. And, make plans to join us for this great occasion!!

Read on, then call and let them know you'll be attending!

ml,
XXXX XXXXXXXX

From Steve Ferris, Mission Holder David Mission

Twenty-Five Years Ago

Twenty five years ago after a very successful 20 year run, Scientology officially left the university town of Davis, California.

During its tenure, it lead to the founding of the Sacramento Org and 9 other missions in the Sacramento area. It was directly responsible for the founding of Delphi, the Portland Org, mission and CC. It formed missions in the LA area, San Francisco and the South Bay.

And one day it packed up its e-meters and course packs and moved away.

Scientology would be in a different place if it had never been formed. Many missions the poorer. A network of Scientology schools never would have been born. Two orgs may not have yet been established.

Davis alums are all over the world. They run orgs in Tampa (Foundation ED) and missions in Thailand (Bangkok Missionholder). They include 3 Freedom Medal winners and countless SO officers and crew. They have scattered to the four winds and are OTs and auditors, business owners and WISE consultants.

In 45 years, they have changed the future of this planet.

As of November 27, 2008 Scientology is now OFFICIALLY back in Davis. Mission Number 472 (on the planet) has now received ecclesiastic recognition as a Church of Scientology.

What will we be saying about Davis in 45 years from today?

We are celebrating the opening of Davis on Sunday, December 7, from 2 to 4. Your invitation is attached.

To everyone who came from Davis, the torch has been re-lit!

To all who helped, the staff of Church of Scientology Mission of Davis extend a heartfelt expression of deep gratitude.

And to the people of Davis past, present and future, and anyone who has an interest in Davis, Scientology or Humanity, we say “Welcome”!

Come and join the party!!!
Steve Ferris
PO BOX 3337
Auburn, CA 95604-3337
Cell (818)383-1263

The Church of Scientology® Mission of Davis

invites you to our

OPENING CELEBRATION!

Sunday December 7th, 2- 4 PM

Please Join Us!!

231 G Street, Suite 23, Davis, CA

R.S.V.P. (530) 204-7352

© CSMRP 2008. All Rights Reserved

SCIENTOLOGY is a trademark and service mark owned by Religious Technology Center and is used with its permission. Printed USA.​

"deep gratitude" to "all who helped"

"Welcome"! to "people of Davis past"

It couldn't be much clearer. Where's Martin Samuels?

freet43

Patron with Honors
" To everyone who came from Davis, the torch has been re-lit!

To all who helped, the staff of Church of Scientology Mission of Davis extend a heartfelt expression of deep gratitude.

And to the people of Davis past, present and future, and anyone who has an interest in Davis, Scientology or Humanity, we say “Welcome”!

Come and join the party!!!"

So, for old times sake, we decided to take Steve up on this heartfelt invitation, and popped in to briefly check things out at about 2:30.

It didn't look like much was happening. I'd guess there were about 20 people there. Since a presentation was about to start, and we weren't interested in hearing it, we were just turning to duck out, when someone called out my name and confronted me for "crashing the party".... Next security walked up to ask us to leave.

Geesh. So much for the heartfelt appreciation and welcome.

I'd guess Martin wouldn't have been welcome either...

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron

So, for old times sake, we decided to take Steve up on this heartfelt invitation, and popped in to briefly check things out at about 2:30.

It didn't look like much was happening. I'd guess there were about 20 people there. Since a presentation was about to start, and we weren't interested in hearing it, we were just turning to duck out, when someone called out my name and confronted me for "crashing the party".... Next security walked up to ask us to leave.

So much for confront, ARC and communication as the universal solvent and such......

And such a not-is of so much history....

It is sad to see the church as an example of all it is not supposed to be...

Thanks for the report. Hopefully their lack of confront and fear of communication will not be expressed subversively.

alex

Terril park

Sponsor

Would be interesting if you got this on Video....

Gus

Patron with Honors
Twenty five years ago after a very successful 20 year run, Scientology officially left the university town of Davis, California.

During its tenure, it lead to the founding of the Sacramento Org and 9 other missions in the Sacramento area. It was directly responsible for the founding of Delphi, the Portland Org, mission and CC. It formed missions in the LA area, San Francisco and the South Bay.

Oh, My, Fucking, God. What a JOKE! Taking credit for the work done by somebody they declared "suppressive!" Why don't you invite Martin back, jerk?

And one day it packed up its e-meters and course packs and moved away.
No, one day a little-dicked dictator asshole named David Miscavige came and fucked it all up.

Scientology would be in a different place if it had never been formed. Many missions the poorer. A network of Scientology schools never would have been born. Two orgs may not have yet been established.
What a blithering idiot.

-Gus

hummingbird

Patron with Honors
Davis alums are all over the world. They run orgs in Tampa (Foundation ED) and missions in Thailand (Bangkok Missionholder)....

Yeah, and some are in Northern California, working at software companies, and hoping someday to forget their foolishness in being dragged into a cult.

In 45 years, they have changed the future of this planet.

:ohmy:There are so many things wrong with that statement, I don't know where to begin... From what to what, exactly? There have been earthquakes, floodings, genocides, nuclear reactor meltdowns, wars... Uh, thanks?

So, it's been nearly two years now. How's it going, COSMOD?

Veda

Sponsor
lol
The infamous de-dinging!

De-dinging was based on, and inspired by, Hubbard's idea of "de-PTSing." IIRC, this was an action in the newly released (or not quite yet formally released) Key to Life course. Wimbush thought he was being "on Source," and using the latest "LRH tech" - with a wee bit of improvisation.

He ended up becoming a scapegoat, and being used as part of the justification for Hubbard's looting of the Missions.

After he was out of Scientology I talked with him, and he admitted that he had come to realize that the person to whom Scientologists were "PTS," and from whom the "dinging" originated, was Hubbard.