What's new

How to: bring down Scientology with an email

DCAnon

Silver Meritorious Patron
If you have ever seen anything abusive or illegal in your time in the CoS and you're American (sorry wonderful people in the rest of the world), you MUST do this. Don't forget to tell everyone you know to do it too!

If you have been fair gamed, harassed, stalked, received a C&D letter, been a member of Scientology, lost someone to Scientology, or can spout of links and facts, please halp. I don't see this pimped as strongly as it can and from someone who lives in the land of bureaucracy, this is fantastic. If you have experienced or have researched any illegal activities in the cult, this is an effective way to shut them down.

Scientology has violated many regulations in place for a non-profit organization. Complain enough about that, the IRS will launch an investigation. Include links, personal accounts, and as many clear and true facts as possible. Best parts? It's easy and if you prefer, YOU CAN REMAIN ANONYMOUS.

Here's how:

1. Fill this out. Attach additional documents if you have to. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f13909.pdf

2. email it to [email protected]

3. ? ? ? ?

4. IRS rapes CoS

The breakdown of how to do things is copied from Anon stuff onto WBM's blog for easy access.
http://xenutv.wordpress.com/2008/12/13/how-to-file-an-irs-501c3-complaint/

For further clarification though it's posted down below (this is for you, Alex my dear), a tax exemption organization loses its status if:
1) Directors/officers/persons are using income/assets for personal gain
2) Organization is engaged in commercial, for-profit business activities
3) Income/assets are being used to support illegal or terrorist activities
4) Organization is involved in a political campaign
5) Organization is engaged in excessive lobbying activities
6) Organization refused to disclose or provide a copy of Form 990
7) Organization failed to report employment, income, or excise tax liability properly
8) Organization failed to file required federal tax returns and forms
9) Organization engaged in deceptive or improper fundraising practices

Last edited:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I was wondering something and I'm really being honest and not sarcastic. I actually am not sure what to think on this.

I gather that a lot of people feel the cult should lose its tax exempt status because it's abusive, right? And I mean really really consistently abusive.

But I want to know - is that really ok? I mean, aren't there lots of abusive tax exempt churches? Does that make them any the less a church? Or is this thought more like it could be leverage to make them stop their shit? In that case, are we getting into an ends justifies the means scenario?

I'm really not trying to say anyone's wrong- I just have mixed feelings about this and it may be that I have not fully looked at the situation and may not know all the reasons.

klidov

I was wondering something and I'm really being honest and not sarcastic. I actually am not sure what to think on this.

I gather that a lot of people feel the cult should lose its tax exempt status because it's abusive, right? And I mean really really consistently abusive.

But I want to know - is that really ok? I mean, aren't there lots of abusive tax exempt churches? Does that make them any the less a church? Or is this thought more like it could be leverage to make them stop their shit? In that case, are we getting into an ends justifies the means scenario?

I'm really not trying to say anyone's wrong- I just have mixed feelings about this and it may be that I have not fully looked at the situation and may not know all the reasons.

The Cult should loose their status because they do not address the Spiritual needs of their members. Yes, the abuses alone should get their status pulled, but unless they can demonstrate they address the spiritual needs of their flock, they should be a buisness & pay taxes.

klidov

and DCAnon is correct, anything illegal should be reported.

Those who remain silent as as guilty as those who abuse.

Wisened One

Crusader
The cult should lose it's tax exempt status because they are a BUSINESS, and this BUSINESS RAPES people, financially, mentally, emotionally, SPIRITUALLY, at THAT (imo!)

They charge huuuuuuuggge amounts of money for bogus courses/advanced auditing that will make you somehow BETTER (and $300,000 dollars of better at that? :screwy:)

That's not even to mention all the abuse and slavelabor they do.....:grouch:

DCAnon

Any tax exempt organization should lose its tax exemption if it violates the following:

7) Organization failed to report employment, income, or excise tax liability properly

The CoS uses tax exempted money to fund abusive, illegal activities. Yes, it and all other organizations like it should lose their tax exemption status.

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Cult should loose their status because they do not address the Spiritual needs of their members. Yes, the abuses alone should get their status pulled, but unless they can demonstrate they address the spiritual needs of their flock, they should be a buisness & pay taxes.

They demonstrate that they address the spiritual needs of their flock, by virtue of having members who assert such.

That is the constitutional test in the US.

The drive to get CoS's tax exempt status pulled is an attempt to eliminate the church, based on the beliefs of people, who are not members, of how and why a church should exist.

A church can not demonstrate meeting spiritual needs. Spiritual needs are wholly subjective, and NOT material. Only the members of a church by their continued support can be any proof.

To assert otherwise is to attempt to impose your ideas on unwilling others.

Feel free to have your own ideas, and to rail against the beliefs of others, but when you attempt to try to do away with something others find valuable, you run the risk of the attempt being turned on you.

klidov

Any tax exempt organization should lose its tax exemption if it violates the following:

The CoS uses tax exempted money to fund abusive, illegal activities. Yes, it and all other organizations like it should lose their tax exemption status.

:goodposting:

klidov

They demonstrate that they address the spiritual needs of their flock, by virtue of having members who assert such.

That is the constitutional test in the US.

The drive to get CoS's tax exempt status pulled is an attempt to eliminate the church, based on the beliefs of people, who are not members, of how and why a church should exist.

A church can not demonstrate meeting spiritual needs. Spiritual needs are wholly subjective, and NOT material. Only the members of a church by their continued support can be any proof.

To assert otherwise is to attempt to impose your ideas on unwilling others.

:horse:

come on Alex, even you don't believe that!

DCAnon

Don't let him derail you. Let me take a wild guess and say that Alex will start some long tangent on how one can't quantify religious gains and meeting spiritual needs, trying to ruin this thread. Please don't let him

This thread is not about the spiritual aspects or beliefs of Scn inside or outside the CoS. Or even about violence, rape, or other abuses in the CoS. It is about the list of described non-for profit 501(c)(3) tax exemption violations as listed by the IRS and detailed above. Please keep the discussion to those violations listed, they're the ones the IRS will respond to.

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron

1. little sign of that in the CoS. Davey makes what 80k a year and a housing allowance?

2. Oh you mean like the catholic church that owns many for profit enterprises to fund itself?

3. docs?

4. docs?

5. docs?

6. http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents/corporate/990s.php?ntt=175

7. docs?

8. docs?

9. docs?

Some goofball anon tried to tell me that scientology promises people the ability to fly on the ot levels. This is similar thinking.

klidov

Don't let him derail you. Let me take a wild guess and say that Alex will start some long tangent on how one can't quantify religious gains and meeting spiritual needs, trying to ruin this thread. Please don't let him

This thread is not about the spiritual aspects or beliefs of Scn inside or outside the CoS. Or even about violence, rape, or other abuses in the CoS. It is about the list of described non-for profit 501(c)(3) tax exemption violations as listed by the IRS and detailed above. Please keep the discussion to those violations listed, they're the ones the IRS will respond to.

agreed. I am finished feeding the troll. :coolwink:

DCAnon

Here's this to help get you started. :) We can link to open source intelligence we find, but we can leave the personal experience stuff private for those who want to keep their anonymity in telling the IRS what they know. Management people, I'm looking at you guys!

One of the easiest routes to go I think is to bring to light CoS collusion and donations to political campaigns. I know that there are often messages sent out, especially in local Clearwater political elections, about who to fund. Not to mention the money trail news organizations already picked up on. And didn't Arnie have some leaked LEAF emails exposing this too? It might just be because I'm a beltway babe, but it's a good opening number.

http://home.tampabay.rr.com/sp/GABE1.html
http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/councilwoman-lopez-pay-dividends.htm
http://www.sptimes.com/2006/08/18/Tampabay/Scientology__an_elect.shtml

Consensus

Patron with Honors
But I want to know - is that really ok? I mean, aren't there lots of abusive tax exempt churches? Does that make them any the less a church?

As you know, the justification between 'separation of church and state' is not only about stopping the church from dictating law; it's just as much about stopping the state from interfering with churches.

Throughout history, tyrants come to power by claiming a Church endorsement, and using that to manipulate people into supporting their rise to power. The 'divine right of kings' is there because the claim that you are Ordained by God does wonders to your popularity and to reducing criticism. When criticism is seen not merely as a skeptical analysis of your ability to lead, but as actual heresy, the populace as a whole will be less tolerant of critics. This helps tyrants keep power. And this is the motive for Governments to interfere with religion. The seperation of Church and State *protects* religions.

The thing is, tax-exempt status works against this. As soon as the Government offers a reward to particular religious groups (with the threat of removing that reward if they don't act the way they want them), the Government can influence a religion. Tax exempt status is a reward. The government decides which religions to give that reward to. The government decides on what conditions they will remove that reward. As such, I believe tax exempt status itself is a violation of the separation of church and state.

Now, the justification for Tax exempt status is that church groups perform charitable acts which reduce the tax burden (for welfare services) on the rest of us. A lot of people (mistakenly, I believe) think that Tax Exemption is a consequence of separation of church and state; that it is somehow illegal for the government to tax a church. This is the opposite of true in my view. It should be illegal for the government to bribe a church to behave a particular way - and that's what tax exemption is.

Of course, it goes without saying that Scientology does not perform any of those charitable tasks that would reduce the average taxpayer's debt. THIS is why the tax exempt status should be revoked.

The reason tax exempt churches are forbidden from endorsing candidates or doing lobbying is to 'plug the hole' in the separation of church and state created by the tax-exempt bribe. If a church forsakes the bribe, they are free to endorse whomever they like however they like (within the law). The 'Church of Satan', as laughable as it is (it's really just secular humanism repackaged in a less-obvious 'church of the flying spaghetti monster' fashion), refuses tax exempt status and actively campaigns to remove this bribery from the way government works.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Well, I know how Alex feels, I think, and I agree with him but from what you're saying, DCAnon, any church or cult that violates those criteria which are legal rules would be in danger of losing their tax exempt status because they aren't doing the things that the government requires tax exempt organizations to do in order to keep that status.

I don't think Alex is trolling- he just has a different perspective. I think discussion- pro and con- on this topic is healthy.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
The cult should lose it's tax exempt status because they are a BUSINESS, and this BUSINESS RAPES people, financially, mentally, emotionally, SPIRITUALLY, at THAT (imo!)

They charge huuuuuuuggge amounts of money for bogus courses/advanced auditing that will make you somehow BETTER (and $300,000 dollars of better at that? :screwy:)

That's not even to mention all the abuse and slavelabor they do.....:grouch:

Bingo! Exactly.:clap: