What's new

David Miscavige to cancel Hubbard Policy and Tech

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Of course I read what she just wrote. She wrote "No. Not yet."

You shortened that to "No," and then based on the word "yet" injected a concept of "faith in DM". That does not logically follow from "No. Not yet."

Yet means "at this time". Please explain to me how your statement logically follows.

I didn't shorten anything.
I asked why she would have faith in DM...she says she doesn't..."yet". How do you not make that connection.
That's right "at this time"...based off of what we just talked about....having faith in DM.

Div6

Crusader
I didn't shorten anything.
I asked why she would have faith in DM...she says she doesn't..."yet". How do you not make that connection.
That's right "at this time"...based off of what we just talked about....having faith in DM.

This is the exchange I saw:

Originally Posted by Iknowtoomuch

You think DM is/has changed/changing things for the better?
Originally posted by Twin A

NO. Not yet.

If there is an earlier reference to faith then I missed it.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Of course I read what she just wrote. She wrote "No. Not yet."

You shortened that to "No," and then based on the word "yet" injected a concept of "faith in DM". That does not logically follow from "No. Not yet."

Yet means "at this time". Please explain to me how your statement logically follows.

"Hurray! Maybe DM will get rid of Disconnection policy and I'll get to talk to my sister again."

Is that not faith?

I'm all for change in the church but it will never happen with DM.

Stephanie

Patron with Honors
canceling LRH will most definetly get the oldtimers out of the orgs. this will appeal to the newcomers. i'm believeing the newbies are what sustains the church.

the oldtimers are liabilities.

me myself & i

Patron Meritorious
canceling LRH will most definetly get the oldtimers out of the orgs. this will appeal to the newcomers. i'm believeing the newbies are what sustains the church.

the oldtimers are liabilities.

Perhaps: so long as there exits beings in the world that are intellectually under-educated or emotionally gullible (or both) there will exist organizations like the so-called 'Church of Scientology' designed to accommodate their respective immaturity.

mm&i
&w

Div6

Crusader
"Hurray! Maybe DM will get rid of Disconnection policy and I'll get to talk to my sister again."

Is that not faith?

I'm all for change in the church but it will never happen with DM.

I process that statement a bit differently.

But I agree with your statement that DM is the stop on change.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
I process that statement a bit differently.

But I agree with your statement that DM is the stop on change.

I wasn't trying to fight her on it. Or beat her up over it. I applaud her for doing what she did in front of Gold. I just found the choice of words unsettling.
She's hoping for something that wont happen with DM. I understand the hope, and i'll leave it at that.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Many Scientologists will not care who says they are source, as long as they think THEY are going up to OT. Don't take this the wrong way anybody, but in many ways Scn is a religion for the selfish, which is something that occurred to me when I was still in.

I've come upon the same conclusion, the bit about the selfishness. I've seen a few too many wackos come into scientology and get all wrapped up into it for their selfish needs. Did Hu666ard have the insight into this? That he knew there would be enough of these wackos to further his aims of psychoticness and money grubbery? Words cannot seem to describe what a totally sad situation the victims of the cult are in. I just wish I could reach out to any of them and get them to see the extent of their brainwashing and become free of it. If they could only see how delicious life is outside the cult!

crm1978

Patron with Honors
I find the parallels between the old USSR and DM's cult amazing consider:
Stalin had purges and a Gulag CoS has the RPF and purges anyone who does'nt follow "command intention" Communism had it's standard tech( marx) that people were punished for not following just like KSW is used now. One of the big things is how both failed to provide a living for the workers 35$ a week Sea Org pay anyone! Most of all they both kill creativity and initiative by demanding total obedience .How ironic that Scientology sells total freedom while depriving it's members of freedom .Perhaps the cult will soon join Stalin on the dustbin of history.I am not saying that the crimes of Stalin compare to Scientology just that they have some things in common.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
You are referring to Jones Town.

And you are replying to threads/people that are years old, it might be of benefit to ya if you check the dates in the thread and then if the person has even been around (like the person you addressed there hasn't posted in over 4 years). If you get the urge to necro an old thread with some new and profound input it is often a better stratagy to just start a new one in the appropriate sub-forum and if need be link back to the old one.
Just mentioning this as I've watched you talking to yourself a couple of times now :)

:cheers: