What's new

Canberra Org shrinking not expanding - yet another move

Good twin

Floater
We should send them a cram. or at least a study order on Org Program #1. Having less than 3 staff is off policy. Period! They need to either recruit one more person or both blow. Of course they might as well both blow. Why delay the inevitable any longer? :confused2:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
We should send them a cram. or at least a study order on Org Program #1. Having less than 3 staff is off policy. Period! They need to either recruit one more person or both blow. Of course they might as well both blow. Why delay the inevitable any longer? :confused2:

They're both CLO crew I'd say - I know the ED is (he was named to me 18 months ago as CO OSA ANZO) and I daresay the FR would also be a CLO crew member - the last FR was.

So it's really under garison now - except there's no field left to build up as (I'm told by a reliable source) 90% of the field in Canberra are now exes. :D

Carmel

Crusader
They're both CLO crew I'd say - I know the ED is (he was named to me 18 months ago as CO OSA ANZO) and I daresay the FR would also be a CLO crew member - the last FR was.

So it's really under garison now - except there's no field left to build up as (I'm told by a reliable source) 90% of the field in Canberra are now exes. :D
Yes, she is Scooter. She's the daughter of an SO member who we both knew well - she's known no life, other than in the SO.

bobthesp

Patron with Honors
A two person org board? :omg: How much longer can they drag out the inevitable??
Thanks for the news!

They can drag it out indef. The org in Kansas City wobbled around
like this for years. Those two, maybe 3, people worked themselves
to near death for years in the late 80's and they actually pulled it
off. Hell they even won the bullshit Game a few years ago for the
most expansion of a class 5 org. They were still small, but they
expanded more than anyone, relative to thier size ya know.

As I recall there was only one staff member there for months.
I heard what happened was the ED or someone important came
into the org one day, gathered everyone and told them all that
the galactic confederacy, or something like that, had taken
over scn and they should all run and they did.

The most screwed up part is that these people are being told how
super important they are now and how they will be rewarded for
all thier hard work. Then as soon as they are not desparately
needed they will get creamed for something they did while they
were working so hard to keep the org there. Probably declared
and thrown away like yesterdays garbage.

cantsay

Patron Meritorious
As I recall there was only one staff member there for months.
I heard what happened was the ED or someone important came
into the org one day, gathered everyone and told them all that
the galactic confederacy, or something like that, had taken
over scn and they should all run and they did.

hehe, that is hilariously funny....:dieslaughing:

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
They can drag it out indef. The org in Kansas City wobbled around
like this for years. Those two, maybe 3, people worked themselves
to near death for years in the late 80's and they actually pulled it
off. Hell they even won the bullshit Game a few years ago for the
most expansion of a class 5 org. They were still small, but they
expanded more than anyone, relative to thier size ya know.

Bob,

I don't think that will work now. Anyone trying to build up an Org faces a Tsunami of bad publicity and there many more exes ready to speak out than there are supporters to defend the CoS.

Even London Org which had a huge influx of long-term and committed OTs 4 years ago is fading away. If they can’t make it, then I cannot see how anyone else can.

Axiom142

uncle sam

Silver Meritorious Patron
YES

Bob,

I don't think that will work now. Anyone trying to build up an Org faces a Tsunami of bad publicity and there many more exes ready to speak out than there are supporters to defend the CoS.

Even London Org which had a huge influx of long-term and committed OTs 4 years ago is fading away. If they can’t make it, then I cannot see how anyone else can.

Axiom142

Hold that thought-it's a good one.

bobthesp

Patron with Honors
Bob,

Axiom142

Yeah I think you are right. I would hate to be a staff member nowadays.
Especially in div 6 where i was in the early 90's.

Good twin

Floater
Yeah I think you are right. I would hate to be a staff member nowadays.
Especially in div 6 where i was in the early 90's.

It doesn't matter what div or dept you are in. It doesn't matter what your post is. The only function of Scientology staff today is to push the Basics!!! (keeps things simple - doncha know?)

supafreak

Patron Meritorious
Oh, Canberra, how I love you. I called the org in January (anonymously, of course), when I heard that the org was no longer in Phillip. The rumour was that it might have shut down. The conversation went:

Me: Hi, can you tell me your opening hours, please?
Scn guy: Who is this?
Me: Can you tell me your opening hours?
Scn guy: If you want to find out more about Scientology, come in and read a book.
Me: Can you tell me your opening hours?
Scn guy: We're open from 9am.
Me: K, thanks, bye. *click*

(I figured I'd repeat the question until I got a result, as in auditing. It worked.)

The org is using a small local telephone provider which only has one exchange, which explains why I was able to reach them on their "old" number in Phillip.

Intel says the new "org" is on Alinga St, Civic. The only suitably run-down looking place is #106, above the Sunrise milk bar and down the road from the Pancake Parlour. So they're smack in the middle of the bus interchange which gets lots of foot traffic, plus there's Canberra Centre and Garema Place (shops), but the remaining staff don't actually DO anything in public. No recruiting, nothing. They don't have building signage, and the org is on the first floor, so they have no street frontage. The stairwell usually isn't even lit. The place looks dodgy as, and I hope it's just a matter of time until the two staff blow.

cantsay

Patron Meritorious
Its a telling sign when they dont want to tell what hours they are open to people. So much for being friendly and welcoming.

Carmel

Crusader
So, the faltering "org" has a new website: http://www.scientology-canberra.org.au/ and we were on the money with the address. It appears their phone number's changed though.

I found this page interesting: http://www.scientology-canberra.org.au/aboutus.html

Eleven staff members? Which are supposed to fit into a 70m2 office space? Pull the other one! :lol:

Thanks for posting Supa. :)

Per the data I have/had, Nick, CO/ED (he's on SO garrison mission) and Rosalie (also on garrison mission), the Flag Rep, are the only two contracted staff members.

I also heard that there were some in the field, who were willing to help out with delivery, if and when needed (like Harry Crawford with the purif C/Sing). That's very different than being on staff though.

Some years ago, I had someone congratulate me on joining Sydney Narconon staff. I was like "wtf?". I had agreed to FES three purif folders, but the word had somehow spread that I had joined their staff, as C/S.

I wonder about the actual participation of the people named as staff on the website, and what their reaction was, if and when they saw it. :hmm:

supafreak

Patron Meritorious
Thanks, Carmel. If true, then it's disappointing that there are still people in the field...I thought they'd all walked out. :sad: