What's new

How I got my local Org repayment (Dallas Org)

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors
Okay, this is the last of my repayment write-ups. The order that I requested my repayments was

1) Flag:

http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=8652

2) Dallas Org (this thread of course)

3) IAS:

http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=8526

This is a copy of the letter that I sent to the Dallas Org. I waited about three weeks and did not hear anything. Then I called the Org and talked to staff member Dave Hamann. He has so many hats, hard to say which one he was wearing to do this cycle. I've known him for about twenty years. He is one of the nicest people I ever met in my life. Sadly, he is just so PTS to Co$. It was a very awkward conversation. Kind of caught me off guard. He said he was sad to hear what I was doing and asked why. I just mumbled something about looking on the internet and seeing the truth. He said something like, "well, you can't believe everything you read on the internet". Just so sad. I wish he was an ex like most of us! I did tell him if he ever needs any help to give me a call. I hope he calls me soon. Anyway, Dave said he'd work on the repayment cycle soon.

About a week later, I get two checks in the mail; one for me and one for my ex, Roxann Richards!

So here is what I sent to Dallas Org...

July 7, 2008

Church of Scientology
Dallas Organization
1850 N. Buckner Blvd
Dallas, TX 75228

Re: Full Refund of all Moneys on Account, $X.XX for Tookmeawhile

Attn: Treasury

I hereby demand a full repayment of all funds currently on account. Within the Church this is commonly referred to as “Advanced Payments”. Also, since the Church of Scientology of Dallas Organization no longer allowed my participation in training courses, I also demand full refund of courses that the Dallas Organization refused to deliver to me that I paid in full but not allowed to start, continue or complete. I have also decided to forego all future participation in the Church of Scientology and therefore will never use any money on account, nor be eligible for future services. This letter shall serve as proof that I am leaving the Church of Scientology.

This demand includes, but is not limited to: money on account for counseling, money on account for training, money on account for books and other materials as well as money which has been debited for training courses but cannot use. Since myself and Roxann Richards have/had a family account, I am demanding a refund for incomplete services for Roxann as well. She was formally “Declared” a Suppressive person and no longer eligible for Church services. She is medically unfit and is not physically capable of doing A to E nor interested.

$ X.XX is the approximate total. This breaks down as followed:

$ X.XX this is not an exact figure. I have not received a statement of monies
on account for quite some time. Please prepare the exact figure. Some
of this may have been been debited for Basics Extension courses never
started.

$ X.XX unused/incomplete for training courses. This includes:

$ X.XX for Solo Auditor Certainty Course for Tookmeawhile.
$ X.XX for PTS/SP course for Tookmeawhile.
$ X.XX for Hubbard Professional Metering Course for Roxann.

I have already obtained a full refund/repayment of all monies from the Church of Scientology Flag Service Organization. I signed a Release, Waiver and Writ of Expulsion form for the Church of Scientology Flag Service Organization, Inc. I would be happy to sign one for the Dallas Organization. However, there is no reason for me to go through the CVB routing form – I have made my decision and of course, am no longer eligible for services at any Church of Scientology.

Please see the enclosed correspondences from the Flag Service Organization. The Legal Director at Flag took care of the CVB routing form. It will show the complete refund/repayment cycle was complete in 30 days from my original request.

A quick and full refund is expected within 30 days of receipt of this letter from the Church of Scientology of Dallas. This demand is in accordance with existing Church Policy, the same Policy that was quoted to the IRS when the Church of Scientology was granted tax-exempt status. This Policy is commonly referred to as “Fair Use”.

Failure to comply with this demand will result in legal action by my attorney.

Thank you,

Tookmeawhile
Address
phone

cc: Attorney at Law
address

US House of Representatives, Committee on Ways and Means

Last edited:

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron
Scuse the top posting:

What I am not getting here is this: Roxy flipped out badly in '86 and was Isolated and a flap occurred over this. Was she not declared at that time? How was she allowed to receive further services at the dallas Org considering her past history in cos? Did Dallas Org not know that she was, to put it as mildly as possible, a fragile PC?

CHLNG

Okay, this is the last of my repayment write-ups. The order that I requested my repayments was

1) Flag:

http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=8652

2) Dallas Org (this thread of course)

3) IAS:

http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=8526

This is a copy of the letter that I sent to the Dallas Org. I waited about three weeks and did not hear anything. Then I called the Org and talked to staff member Dave Hamann. He has so many hats, hard to say which one he was wearing to do this cycle. I've known him for about twenty years. He is one of the nicest people I ever met in my life. Sadly, he is just so PTS to Co$. It was a very awkward conversation. Kind of caught me off guard. He said he was sad to hear what I was doing and asked why. I just mumbled something about looking on the internet and seeing the truth. He said something like, "well, you can't believe everything you read on the internet". Just so sad. I wish he was an ex like most of us! I did tell him if he ever needs any help to give me a call. I hope he calls me soon. Anyway, Dave said he'd work on the repayment cycle soon.

About a week later, I get two checks in the mail; one for me and one for my ex, Roxann Richards!

So here is what I sent to Dallas Org...

July 7, 2008

Church of Scientology
Dallas Organization
1850 N. Buckner Blvd
Dallas, TX 75228

Re: Full Refund of all Moneys on Account, $X.XX for Tookmeawhile

Attn: Treasury

I hereby demand a full repayment of all funds currently on account. Within the Church this is commonly referred to as “Advanced Payments”. Also, since the Church of Scientology of Dallas Organization no longer allowed my participation in training courses, I also demand full refund of courses that the Dallas Organization refused to deliver to me that I paid in full but not allowed to start, continue or complete. I have also decided to forego all future participation in the Church of Scientology and therefore will never use any money on account, nor be eligible for future services. This letter shall serve as proof that I am leaving the Church of Scientology.

This demand includes, but is not limited to: money on account for counseling, money on account for training, money on account for books and other materials as well as money which has been debited for training courses but cannot use. Since myself and Roxann Richards have/had a family account, I am demanding a refund for incomplete services for Roxann as well. She was formally “Declared” a Suppressive person and no longer eligible for Church services. She is medically unfit and is not physically capable of doing A to E nor interested.

$ X.XX is the approximate total. This breaks down as followed:

$ X.XX this is not an exact figure. I have not received a statement of monies
on account for quite some time. Please prepare the exact figure. Some
of this may have been been debited for Basics Extension courses never
started.

$ X.XX unused/incomplete for training courses. This includes:

$ X.XX for Solo Auditor Certainty Course for Tookmeawhile.
$ X.XX for PTS/SP course for Tookmeawhile.
$ X.XX for Hubbard Professional Metering Course for Roxann.

I have already obtained a full refund/repayment of all monies from the Church of Scientology Flag Service Organization. I signed a Release, Waiver and Writ of Expulsion form for the Church of Scientology Flag Service Organization, Inc. I would be happy to sign one for the Dallas Organization. However, there is no reason for me to go through the CVB routing form – I have made my decision and of course, am no longer eligible for services at any Church of Scientology.

Please see the enclosed correspondences from the Flag Service Organization. The Legal Director at Flag took care of the CVB routing form. It will show the complete refund/repayment cycle was complete in 30 days from my original request.

A quick and full refund is expected within 30 days of receipt of this letter from the Church of Scientology of Dallas. This demand is in accordance with existing Church Policy, the same Policy that was quoted to the IRS when the Church of Scientology was granted tax-exempt status. This Policy is commonly referred to as “Fair Use”.

Failure to comply with this demand will result in legal action by my attorney.

Thank you,

Tookmeawhile
Address
phone

cc: Attorney at Law
address

US House of Representatives, Committee on Ways and Means

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors
Challenge,

No, she wasn't Declared at the time. Had a program to do from the MAA at AOLA. She told him it didn't indicate and wasn't going to do it. And that was it. WTF??

She did courses again, only about a year later at CC Int and then many more in Dallas in the late '90s and early 00's. She didn't get Declared until AFTER her car accident in 2005 when she suffered brain damage. I sent you a PM with more details.

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Your ex-wife

Challenge,

No, she wasn't Declared at the time. Had a program to do from the MAA at AOLA. She told him it didn't indicate and wasn't going to do it. And that was it. WTF??

She did courses again, only about a year later at CC Int and then many more in Dallas in the late '90s and early 00's. She didn't get Declared until AFTER her car accident in 2005 when she suffered brain damage. I sent you a PM with more details.

I'm glad you got your money back, and wven money belonging to your ex-wife but why in the world would you mention your ex-wife's name and not yours in your post above? Her privacy is not as important as yours?

But now that you did mention it, you go further and discuss more about her, all of which could have been done by PM.

If you hadn't mentioned her name at all, we all would not be reading your version of her personal problems here. I guess you thought that her being brain damaged, it wouln't matter to her that you did all this?

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors
I'm glad you got your money back, and even money belonging to your ex-wife but why in the world would you mention your ex-wife's name and not yours in your post above? Her privacy is not as important as yours?

But now that you did mention it, you go further and discuss more about her, all of which could have been done by PM.

If you hadn't mentioned her name at all, we all would not be reading your version of her personal problems here. I guess you thought that her being brain damaged, it wouln't matter to her that you did all this?

My ex-wife is a tragedy created by the church of scientology. Her "personal problems" should be public and her name should be able to be googled. Before I wrote up anything on the EXSMB boards, she could be found by googling her from other boards from years ago. Stories about her that I didn't know about from before I met her. Her horrible situation is directly tied to the church due to BAD church and LRH policy and extremely arrogant sea org members. I think it is important that her story is told. Yes, I do need to do a full write-up for the boards about what happened to her in greater detail. The more bad and truthful PR is out there, the sooner the church folds and/or reforms. I included her name because she was involved in two pretty well known scientology flaps - some people will know her name. And yes, I have her permission to use her name.

Why I did not post my name on the boards is due to personal reasons - at least for the time being. If you, or anyone - including OSA, really wants to know my name, just PM me. I'm sure any church "official" monitoring the boards knows my name anyways.

BTW, does anybody have ANY money left on account at ANY org or donated to the IAS?? If so, you really need to try to get a repayment!!! Pretty soon, the CO$ probably won't have much more money to give back so, please, for your own sake and to help shrink the church even more; hurry up!!!! :thumbsup:

slimjim

Patron with Honors
Whatabout if you have money paid to the IAS but do not live in the USA? Can it still be claimed back?

Wisened One

Crusader
Glad you got your money back, tmw! And in only A WEEK?!? :omg: :hifive: :bowdown:

You guys who are on the R/R Team are POWERFUL!!!

Can I hire ya'll to get me and hubby our backwages, perhaps? :coolwink:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Glad you got your money back, tmw! And in only A WEEK?!? :omg: :hifive: :bowdown:

You guys who are on the R/R Team are POWERFUL!!!

Can I hire ya'll to get me and hubby our backwages, perhaps? :coolwink:

We don't do backwages. LOL!!! That's for an attorney.
But if I could help you, I certainly would.:)

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
My ex-wife is a tragedy created by the church of scientology. Her "personal problems" should be public and her name should be able to be googled. Before I wrote up anything on the EXSMB boards, she could be found by googling her from other boards from years ago. Stories about her that I didn't know about from before I met her. Her horrible situation is directly tied to the church due to BAD church and LRH policy and extremely arrogant sea org members. I think it is important that her story is told. Yes, I do need to do a full write-up for the boards about what happened to her in greater detail. The more bad and truthful PR is out there, the sooner the church folds and/or reforms. I included her name because she was involved in two pretty well known scientology flaps - some people will know her name.
Thanks for the reply. The story was not easily findable as one would expect. I am a skilled internet researcher and I did search before I posted but nothing came up about her at google with the spelling "Roxann Richards", except what you just posted and her service completions.

However, I just clicked what google omitted as duplicates in those search results and found your previous posts here on ESMB discussing the matter! They are certainly not duplicates and should have been listed in the results. See what I mean:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="Roxann+Richards"+scientology&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

Seeing only those things and nothing older listed, I went and searched for "Roxanne Richards" & scientology & found the posts you described.
Seems everyone lse that posted about her misspelled her first name.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...cd=1&q="Roxanne+Richards"+scientology&spell=1

The story is out there but not easily excessable. It's amazing but not surprising that her story has never been spotlighted more or posted over at xenu-directory.net. I'll have to get this info sent there.

And yes, I have her permission to use her name. Why I did not post my name on the boards is due to personal reasons - at least for the time being. If you, or anyone - including OSA, really wants to know my name, just PM me. I'm sure any church "official" monitoring the boards knows my name anyways.
I wasn't try to get you to out yourself! Since I had not found anything about her the first time I looked, I was concerned about her privacy. I understand now and hope you see where I wss coming from. I certainly understand your reasons for anonymity, as I have reasons for my own and only asked because at the time I thought it odd that there was no info on the internet about on these incidents except those posted by you. I thought you might have been outing her, which I now see you aren't. Her story needs to be out there more, along with others like it. Sorry your family suffered because of the church. Glad you got your refund.

~ Mary McConnell
http://free-from-scientology.blogspot.com

myrklix

Patron with Honors
TMA's write-up in this thread works! It worked for me. Kudos to you for taking the time for posting it.

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron
I am most likely the first person to mention Roxann's name on these boards. I wrote of her Isolation , I believe, on ARS. I see that I misspelled her name, and I apologize for any confusion that the mistake has caused.
I feel sure that te money that was refunded by COS will in no way make up for the damage that they caused Roxy. Maybe it will provide her family with some help.
I don't wanna point fingers, ( ha! but I will), if her Mom and/or Dad had filed suit against COS and/or Megan Shields in 1986, maybe Lisa would still be alive today.
I know that they were afraid of COS. I know that they were just glad to get Roxy out of that safe house belonging to Marshall Goldblatt over in the Malibu Colony. My heart understands, but my intellect ( such as it is) has no sympathy for them.
I hope that Roxy's story will act as a lesson to all who have knowledge of, and experience with Cos abuses, to report them to local law enforcement. You could save a life.

Chlng

Chlng

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors
I am most likely the first person to mention Roxann's name on these boards. I wrote of her Isolation , I believe, on ARS. I see that I misspelled her name, and I apologize for any confusion that the mistake has caused.
I feel sure that te money that was refunded by COS will in no way make up for the damage that they caused Roxy. Maybe it will provide her family with some help.
I don't wanna point fingers, ( ha! but I will), if her Mom and/or Dad had filed suit against COS and/or Megan Shields in 1986, maybe Lisa would still be alive today.
I know that they were afraid of COS. I know that they were just glad to get Roxy out of that safe house belonging to Marshall Goldblatt over in the Malibu Colony. My heart understands, but my intellect ( such as it is) has no sympathy for them.
I hope that Roxy's story will act as a lesson to all who have knowledge of, and experience with Cos abuses, to report them to local law enforcement. You could save a life.

Chlng

Chlng

Roxy's Dad and stepmom wanted to file suit against them. But, at Roxy's insistence they did not. At the time Roxy was still so pro-scientology that she wanted to stay a scientologist and of course if the parents sued she would have been Declared. That's amongst one of her biggest regrets in life.

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Roxy's Dad and stepmom wanted to file suit against them. But, at Roxy's insistence they did not. At the time Roxy was still so pro-scientology that she wanted to stay a scientologist and of course if the parents sued she would have been Declared. That's amongst one of her biggest regrets in life.

Bump.

This is a thankless job...but someone has to do it.:melodramatic:

TP