What's new

My Time in Church and in the SO

Happy Aberree

Patron with Honors
thanks Panda

I'm loving your story, HAB.
Clever, witty, shocking, and true... it's epic!
Write on, Bro. :)

Thank you Panda, can't really stop myself now (it was only supposed to be about 4 paragraphs originally) :whistling:

Okay... back into it!

--Everything I write here on this site is totally my own opinion and thus could be true, false or neither (or chocolate biscuits).

That whole ideal org pgm thing was just a global 'why' (which is an impossibility) that has been forced on orgs planet-wide. One of the main problems I saw with upper management is that they would continually come up with these massive 'whys' (if you are not policy-savvy, a 'why' is the greatest departure from the ideal scene, in other words its the thing that will sort out the situation e.g. staff aren't trained, or no salesman on post, not enough promo, manager is serial killer, etc).

They would come up with these and then order their compliance planet wide; so whether you were Milan or Canberra you had to comply. But what it says is that the solution for Milan org is the same as the solution for Canberra org, and that's just rubbish. Anyone who has actually done a 'why find' in an org or department will know that it is very specific to that situation. There could be a Day and Fdn org in the same building and they could easily have two different whys respectively. And to order 6 staff to be sent up-lines for training on a GAT evolution from an org like Canberra (which often didn't even have 6 staff!) is just blind stupidity.

Anyway, I was now doubting upper management and had completed the DUM RD (Doubt Upper Management Rundown). I had taken my next step on the Bridge to Total Flee-dom.

After making such gains I couldn't believe that the next step would present itself so soon, but of course, it did. The BASICS; and it's a big one.

Now from what I remember of the event, there were gross errors that existed on the part of the publishers in the form of grammatical, formatting, missing chapters/sections, included chapters/sections, incorrect type-sizes (or something like that). And these errors had now finally been rectified through 9 gazillion hours of work.

Now I have to willfully control myself here so as to not just start spewing forth profanities willy-nilly. :grouch:

So, calmly now, I am expected to believe that Ron wrote these basics over the course of a 10-15 year period and then 35 or so years after writing book one, he died. And these basics (the books anyway) are said to comprise the entire technology of $cn. I remember reading a policy that said that if you really understood the basic books and had full certainty on them, you could work the rest out yourself; they were that powerful (more verbal tech).

Okay.

Now these books contained GROSS errors that actually changed their meaning or the resultant understanding of them. And in all that time, Ron didn't notice that? Even if he was continually going from org to org non-stop working on expanding each area (not saying that he was), wouldn't it be more important to correct errors in the basic books of $cn? And if he was in the orgs and the basic books were so far out, you would expect major tech problems in those orgs -- which he would have surely seen.

Another thing I noticed at the event was that all this blame (there was about a ton of it) got put onto the old publishing companies or old staff who were distributing the books in the 60s. Which meant that very fortunately (funny that), absolutely no blame got put on current management. This is a habitual thing it seems:

1. Make a product and sell it; 2. Revise the product and re-sell it; 3. Improve the product and re-sell it.

Now this in itself is not foreign as a business concept or strategy. And it's hardly objectionable, as long as their is NO MONOPOLY ON THE PRODUCT. You have a product that you buy and a few years later, a better one comes out. If you want the better one, you get it.

Also if you're not happy you can always get a different product from a competitor. But within $cn it's more accurately this:

1. Make a product that is perfect; 1a. Sell it as the perfect product; 2. Discover imperfections; 2a. Make the product really perfect; 3. Sell it as the Really Perfect product; 4. Repeat ad infinitum.

And there is actually no competitor to buy from. The competitors are all SPs! Take a look: you want a different angle on mental health? Too bad because psychiatry is suppressive. What about another angle on the truth? Well that's out too because the media is suppressive. Different perspective on sorting out my illness? Maybe, but all drugs and drug companies are suppressive so not a good idea (and maybe the medical profession is suppressive too unless the doctor is a $cn). Surely I can get another opinion on management? You could if government wasn't so suppressive.

The real-world authorities (which are the ones who might question things within their spheres) are all viewed as enemies -- and you don't communicate to enemies. And you definitely don't believe what enemies tell you.

--which means you never find out that your group could be the enemy...

I was noticing some 'glaring out-points' and things were heating up. I was finally about to be 'fleed'.

--more soon
HAB

Feral

Rogue male
I would rate things by how many calls I got as to their importance within the church. Out of thirty phone calls roughly 20 would be for the next event (or to come to the org and watch the VIDEO of the VIDEO EVENT...I can't wait), 5 or 6 calls would be for donations to IAS or similar and the remaining 4 or 5 calls would be about going up the bridge. Big shift in importance there. On went my mental notes. So events were definitely important now.

A 'telephone barometer'! what a brilliant idea!:thumbsup:

Great write up HAB, you got me laughing and remembering all the things I would shake my head at.:yes:

Zander

Patron with Honors
Hi HA, I'm really enjoying your story. :thumbsup:

You're really describing well a lot of the doubts I've been through too. The Clear thing, GAT, the basics, the charity regging, the events.

Dammit, the cofs is just looking more and more like one huge scam operation.

Good twin

Floater
God bless you HAB. I would happily pay real money for any of the rundowns you mentioned. At last real case gain and truly increased awareness. Something I haven't seen in many years from the cult.

Please continue.... and welcome to ESMB. Your story is fantastic!!!:thumbsup:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Happy Aberree , thanks for this excellent history summary :)
Do you mind if it's reposted to the internet? I think many scientologists will be able to relate to what you'ce written here.

Mary McConnell

Happy Aberree

Patron with Honors
Thanks all of you for your support!

Cheers everyone I really appreciate tghe support,

My sig line says well what you are about, HA!:coolwink: :clap: :clap:

That's a hellova compliment EP -- thanks

A 'telephone barometer'! what a brilliant idea!:thumbsup:

Great write up HAB, you got me laughing and remembering all the things I would shake my head at.:yes:

Cheers again Feral, good to be here

Looking forward to more.

You hit my problem with the basics spot on. "Real Scientology didn't appear till 2007...:duh:

You got IKTM!!!

Hi HA, I'm really enjoying your story. :thumbsup:

You're really describing well a lot of the doubts I've been through too. The Clear thing, GAT, the basics, the charity regging, the events.

Dammit, the cofs is just looking more and more like one huge scam operation.

Not what I first saw but the picture just kept changing -- thanks Zander

God bless you HAB. I would happily pay real money for any of the rundowns you mentioned. At last real case gain and truly increased awareness. Something I haven't seen in many years from the cult.

Please continue.... and welcome to ESMB. Your story is fantastic!!!:thumbsup:

You beauty! I'll have to get back to you on the RDs -- still being developed etc (they are free though)

Guys there will be more very soon, thanks again
HAB

I AM VERY HAPPY TO BE HERE!

Woggin' out

Patron with Honors
No worries Carmel,

the info on this I got from an ex-SO tech crew member, a class V staff member and the 4 people who I knew that it happened to. The staffers said that's what was happening but I don't know if it was actually issued as a management directive -- I definitely got the feeling that it had. All I remember is that many people were pissed. I was also told that it affected OTs as they would have to re-do lower bridge steps.

Basically anyone who had originated Clear and not done all their grades etc would have to do them. This was a few years back now.

HAB

I can personally attest that this happened to me in 2003 or 4. AOLA called me and said I had to do an "Advance Program". I personally know others this happened to including someone who was on OT7 and an OT8!! We would all give each other that "knowing look" when someone said that they were on their "advance program". Great way to pick the parishoners pockets!: :duh:

Great story by the way!!!!! Am digging it mucho!1 :thumbsup:

Happy Aberree

Patron with Honors
Thanks and next installment

Hey everyone thanks very much and here is the next installment,

everything here I write is my opinion bla bla maybe true or not or ham sandwhhiches

Happy Aberree , thanks for this excellent history summary :)
Do you mind if it's reposted to the internet? I think many scientologists will be able to relate to what you'ce written here.

Mary McConnell

Cheers Mary, don't see why not -- do you have a site in mind?

Hey darlin' boy, we're obviously VERY happy ta have ya! A breath of fresh air. :D :kiss:

Thank you again Carmel, means a lot.

I can personally attest that this happened to me in 2003 or 4. AOLA called me and said I had to do an "Advance Program". I personally know others this happened to including someone who was on OT7 and an OT8!! We would all give each other that "knowing look" when someone said that they were on their "advance program". Great way to pick the parishoners pockets!: :duh:

Great story by the way!!!!! Am digging it mucho!1 :thumbsup:

Ok Woggin Out I really feel for you then. The people I knew that this happened to were really wrecked by it. Some others who had heard what was happening actually avoided call-inners so that they wouldn't go to org and get r-factor. Worldwide scarring with just one order.

Ok here we go--

Back to the BASICS...

The whole 'close' in the sales pitch is that these services, books or whatever, are THE TECH. They are perfect. Doing them will give you all the answers about that subject and so on. That's the main reason you buy. From what I had read about tech, $cn correctly applied is miraculous. Anything short of that is not (and is not $cn). So what were all the books that people bought over all those years, if there were these errors in them? Were they $cn? If they weren't, was that fair exchange?

And what about the money that people paid for them? The money had no errors in it; the $40 that Larry paid for FOT worked fine at banks and shops. None of it was later found to be counterfeit or malfunctioning. There are actually still people today using that money very successfully and it works fine. Yet little Larry finds now that not only does he have to pay $65 for the new edition, but that his old edition is 100% obsolete. As are all of his 12 other old editions, which are no good. He may as well throw them away -- they are no longer tech. Now how many thousands of 'Larry' are there?

So in essence the poor public pays again. Public pays for the expansion of $cn and the public pays for the contraction of $cn.

Actually regardless of the event -- the public seems to pay. $cn gets highest ever stats: public pays for new CD release. $cn gets attacked in Germany: public pays for IAS donations to fight Deutsch Suppressives. $cn crushes the psyches: public pays to get the psych-buster booklet (plus 50 more copies to hand out). $cn lifts arbitraries: public pays to re-do their bridge (without arbitraries). $cn gives bad auditing or incorrect c/s: public pays to get it fixed. I know that these are VERY general statements -- and if I wasn't so suppressive I would be a bit worried.

As a DUM RD completion I could see that the basics were just another money-spinner.

And this had been done extensively with courses too. It was a bit of a joke around the time when you asked someone if they had done the pts/sp course and they would say, 'Which one?' because there had been so many re-issues.

So I now doubted the basic books and lectures and thus took a huge step on the Bridge to Total Flee-dom by completing my DABBL RD (Doubt All Basic Books and Lectures RD).

Now well on my way to flee-dom, I found my first encounter with this site (and other internet sites). I had been told by various friends that several prominent and veteran $cn'ists had left the church and were now ranting all over the internet. I couldn't believe it. A couple of them (who I see are here regularly) I even knew or had met. There was also an ex-SO member who was on crew when I was, who apparently was raising all hell and giving out every conceivable detail about INT and RTC as he had been crew at both those orgs after he transferred from ANZO.

This was a big surprise. It was one thing for the media and psychiatry to gang up on the church -- they were suppressive groups anyway. But for $cns who had been around for years, EDs and Execs, SO members, big-time contributors, all to go (and not go quietly). How could they be suppressive? Some of these guys and gals had sweat blood for their church and given the major part of their lives to its cause. It didn't make sense and got me thinking further. I knew I was getting closer to the top of the bridge to flee-dom but in order to get there, I would have to do the next big step.

I promptly regged myself for the A-SCN RD (Anti-Scientology on the Net Rundown) and started the process.

Now you must understand that if you have not done the DUM RD and the DABBL RD then the A-SCN RD will not work on you. It just wont. Anybody who is not DUM and a DABBL will still have mechanisms in place that stop the person looking at information and cause him to justify ANYTHING he sees using $cn reasoning.

So I looked at a few sites and some u-tube stuff and I found it hard going. I wasn't getting through at the expected pace and I was definitely getting confused with the various information and views. Some of it sounded plausible but it could still have been made up. The entire thing could still (just possibly) be a huge conspiracy contrived by evil sps to attack the only true technology on spiritual happiness.

The last time I had done this, I had gotten horribly ill for days. I was determined not to fail but it was so hard to know the truth from the lies.

Was I going to get through? I really wasn't sure.

--more soon
HAB

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Lovin' it, HAB !!

So many memories !!!!

When the thing about Grades came out, I began to audit them on the OTs on staff.

Guess who stopped me?

Thr RTC Rep at the AO - she couldn't even give me a reference :p

Amazing that I didn't twig then to the magnitude of the scam.

Moar please - looking forward to your next steps on the Bridge to Total Fleedom, :drama:

Carmel

Crusader
No worries Carmel,

the info on this I got from an ex-SO tech crew member, a class V staff member and the 4 people who I knew that it happened to. The staffers said that's what was happening but I don't know if it was actually issued as a management directive -- I definitely got the feeling that it had. All I remember is that many people were pissed. I was also told that it affected OTs as they would have to re-do lower bridge steps.

Basically anyone who had originated Clear and not done all their grades etc would have to do them. This was a few years back now.

HAB

Lovin' it, HAB !!

So many memories !!!!

When the thing about Grades came out, I began to audit them on the OTs on staff.

Guess who stopped me?

Thr RTC Rep at the AO - she couldn't even give me a reference :p

Amazing that I didn't twig then to the magnitude of the scam.

Moar please - looking forward to your next steps on the Bridge to Total Fleedom, :drama:

I had 'heard' about this, but didn't "twig to the magnitude of the scam" either. I didn't realize that it was such a 'blanket' thing.

I did have a few friends tell me stuff like "They've FES'd my folders, it turns out I'm not clear, I need my grades and NED - that's why I didn't do so well on NOTS."

The penny didn't drop for me on all this though and I didn't put two and two together on it with it applying to those I knew, till reading what HAB wrote. :duh: :ohmy:

:drama:

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well FMD!

I had 'heard' about this, but didn't "twig to the magnitude of the scam" either. I didn't realize that it was such a 'blanket' thing.

I did have a few friends tell me stuff like "They've FES'd my folders, it turns out I'm not clear, I need my grades and NED - that's why I didn't do so well on NOTS."

The penny didn't drop for me on all this though and I didn't put two and two together on it with it applying to those I knew, till reading what HAB wrote. :duh: :ohmy:

:drama:

:duh: Now it makes perfect sense why my "clear" origination didn't sell! :grouch:

Carmel, you are not alone in failing to see the deal here and the magnitude of it. :no:

We must be just "theetie wheaties" or sumphin! :ohmy: Too evil for our confront level I s'pose...:p

EP

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
I remember in 1991 or 1992, when the OT5 "rediscovered" tech was being sold to everyone there and above, and when the big amnesty came out. Owen Starkey gave a talk at Flag, explaining how to do the amnesty. He also thanked us for being "guinea pigs", but now we had the tech in order. :no:

So, it looks like you did the more modern (streamlined?) Bridge to Total Flee-dom. I'm guessing it's much smoother than it was for the old exes. They had rudimentary DABBL and DUM tech then, but no A-SCN RD.

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
Oh yeah. Was I the only one who "secured" my materials, only to have them superseded? What about "securing" a training/auditing package, only to later need to "break the package"?

"Fantastic"

"Absolutely"

"Blown Out"

"Fantastic! You're gonna be Absolutely Blown Out!"

What happened to me? I used to be so "theta", now I'm just blown, out.

Love your story. Please continue.

Terril park

Sponsor
That whole ideal org pgm thing was just a global 'why' (which is an impossibility) that has been forced on orgs planet-wide. One of the main problems I saw with upper management is that they would continually come up with these massive 'whys' (if you are not policy-savvy, a 'why' is the greatest departure from the ideal scene, in other words its the thing that will sort out the situation e.g. staff aren't trained, or no salesman on post, not enough promo, manager is serial killer, etc).

They would come up with these and then order their compliance planet wide; so whether you were Milan or Canberra you had to comply. But what it says is that the solution for Milan org is the same as the solution for Canberra org, and that's just rubbish.
HAB

Been loving your story. :)

Being an OEC/FEBC [ includes some form of DSEC] I can appreciate it.
You've made some comments on matters more clearly than anyone IMO.

You're good with acronyms. You wanna be a guru? :)