What's new

Fair Game question..

owl

Patron with Honors
Will I be Fair Gamed for commenting on here? Nothing I say is very mean or anti-Scientology or anything, there's a lot I like about it, Im more in the middle than anything,.... has anyone been fair gamed just for posting here? Let me know...... it's dumb I have to worry about talking about things here :( :( it's not fair

ScudMuffin

Silver Meritorious Patron
I haven't. You'll only really get fairgamed if you are active in opposition to the Co$, so Marc Headly because him and his wife are opening up lawsuits as an example.

If you just sit on a forum and bad mouth them they'll leave you alone. If you let slip who you are you may get a C&D letter which will go like this:

USA: You're a terrorist. Stop Protesting.

UK: Erm, we think you might be a terrorist or linked to a terrorist group, or somethink like that, so if you are a terrorist or doing terrorist stuff, please stop. Pretty please.

Yeah, UK libel laws are pretty hefty. You guys should be fine, if you do get a C&D or a Golden Rod (SP Declare) just frame it and put it on your wall cus it's a badge of honour.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
The only (well, not the only, but the most likely) whip the Cult still has is the threat of Disconnection. Even this is becomming dangerous for them, because so many of the 'still in' are so close to being 'getting out' and therefore, not necessarily willing to follow 'orders'.

Zinj

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Maybe this isn't the place for you then. :confused2:
Not because of fairgame but because this is an ExScientologist site. Maybe you should be posting on the Scientology blogs.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
so, are we safe?

like what? not that i will do, just to know

Tell the truth about Scientology. The more publicly you do so, the more informed you are, the more experience you have with it, the more likely they are to try to shut you up.

Zinj

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
so, are we safe?

What Alonzo is saying is they don't have enough staff to do the fairgame routine on all they want to do it on. Posting here alone (as long as you don't say who you are) isn't going to tell them who you are. And even if they did know, just posting wont invite fairgame. If you go public and become a critic, then you can expect some fun.

I've been posting here for months and they could apply disconnection to me, but they don't know who I am. :D

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Will I be Fair Gamed for commenting on here? Nothing I say is very mean or anti-Scientology or anything, there's a lot I like about it, Im more in the middle than anything,.... has anyone been fair gamed just for posting here? Let me know...... it's dumb I have to worry about talking about things here :( :( it's not fair

Then don't worry about posting. Or maybe I just don't give a damn if OSA wants to Fair Game me. But, I live in TX, so they'd be pretty damn stupid to mess with me anyway. LOL!!! We have laws that protect us in TX.

at3ist

Patron with Honors
so they search in this board?, that can desprogram them,
i think their werent allowed to do that

if youre a scientologist dont read this board, it will screw you stop, is for your own good,

ScudMuffin

Silver Meritorious Patron
oh fuck, now im scared, will they track me down and harrast me?

Not unless you go and say "hi I'm joe bloggs of fake street, nowhere town, butthole, indiana, 123456" and give them your other info.

so, are we safe?

Yeah, as long as you don't tell them who you are. You'll be fine. First time I protested by colon clenched up with nerves. Now I just chill out, stick my earphones in and party on down with the protest.

They don't know who I am.

Wisened One

Crusader
Nothing that I know of has happened to us for posting here (even doing more than that!), so....I care not, regardless! :eyeroll:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
No-one in the CofS has ever contacted me for my websites or for posting to forums - apart from CJC WUS sending me a polite letter saying they had declared me. If anyone there has fair-gamed me it was so mild that I didn't notice it, beyond the obvious disconnection. I never had any family in, and the friends I gained after publicly leaving more than made up for the ones I lost. I'm not exactly low profile but also I've never been involved with a lawsuit or media against the CofS.

So I would say that if disconnection isn't a threat and all you are doing is posting here, don't worry about it.

Paul

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
In fact you are probably safe even if you indeed was posting your identity!

I'm not anonymous at all. Anyone can find my real name and adress from my website (Link in the dropdown menu by clicking my name)

A lot of people here are not hiding..

Tory 'Magoo' Christman, she often posts her phone number as a means of help to doubting scientologists.. So does Chuck Beatty. And Arnie Lerma, Caroline Letkeman and Gerry Armstrong.. And DullOldFart who's posting above is not anonymous either.

I could list at least 30 people who are making lots of noise while standing defiently in the open.

Ok, while OSA really likes to intimidate and make us afraid.. They really are a paper tiger these days. There are way too many critics, ex'es and anonymous for them to do anything about... Heh.. They brag about 10 million members.. We can only find 50.000! - This must mean that 9.000.950 are unsatisfied customers!

And their organization is crumbling!

Which all means that you really don't need to be afraid of posting.

Staying anonymous is fine..

:yes:

at3ist

Patron with Honors
so that fair game policy is over, i mean, they do not kill people or stuff as they used to(they used to, rigth?), maybe i was over reacting

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Oh, they have their 'Fair Game Policy'.. But fact is that no 'murder' has ever been proven to be done by Scientology.

There are 'suspicious deaths' though.. Interesting read.. But I sense that maybe you should leave that for later?

Well, I'm aware that this won't appease you, since the OSA are supposed to be so 'good' at their 'work' that they can get away with it. And they like to put that little 'rumor' out to scientologists.. Just hinting at it of course.. Assuring deniability.. Those OSA operatives are dangerous and awesome!

The hell they are! - They are blundering amateurs, as evidenced by their many flaps and failed coverups.

What you need to realize is that they do that to intimidate. The purpose of the threaths IS precisely to make you afraid to speak out.

As you can see we don't give a shit. We natter about Scientology anyway! - Join the party!

:D

Wisened One

Crusader
so that fair game policy is over, i mean, they do not kill people or stuff as they used to(they used to, rigth?), maybe i was over reacting

:confused2: Personally, I don't think there are any OSA people left to even do such things! Even if there were, they have far bigger things to put their attentions on other than people like us posting to an ex-board.

People like Marc and others are currently giving them a run for their money. :p

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron

What have you been reading...OSA has never killed people outright. Or not that I have ever known. They do some seriously fucked up stuff but not offing people intentionally.