What's new

Scientology enjoys screwing itself: Now with Sauce

DCAnon

Silver Meritorious Patron
This was just posted on Mark Bunker's Wog Blog. Someone actually did their research before making up their mind, did what Scientology said and went to the org to find out himself. He wrote down his experiences and sent it in an email to Bunker who shared it. :) Well, that tears it. They've decided to shut themselves down, all we can do is watch and giggle.

http://xenutv.wordpress.com/2009/03/26/visiting-an-org/

Email:

I have recently begun looking into Scientology, both from their website and from the many postings on You tube from yourself and Anon.

I have read what I could, and tried to learn as much as possible in order to see the whole picture. I have visited the Scientology website, have looked into all the pro-Scientology sites and documents, and even tried contacting the [local] church to learn more. From the websites, I found nothing but propaganda or anti-anonymous slander. This made me think that either everyone might be right or the church was just protecting itself. I had thought that I needed to go to the source, so I went downtown and walked into the church.

My experience there was something else. I asked to speak to someone that could help broaden my understanding of Scientology, someone that could help me understand what Scientology was all about. Before I was able to, I was told that i should first take a personality test and then they could use a personal example of how Scientology helps people. After 4 hours of the same questions asked over and over (almost impossible to answer without sounding perverted, bigoted, etc.) As hard as I could I tried to answer with my true views to leading questions like “Do you view yourself as a positive, careless( not carefree, they made this clear) person, or a negative, hard person”. To these I would answer neither, and attempt to explain, but was instructed I had to pick one or the other.

So after the long process with the auditor and the E-Meter, I was finally able to speak to someone who could help. The person I spoke to advised me that I was a truly messed up individual and that only Scientology could help me out. I was advised that in order to clear myself of these problems, I should stay and take some courses. I advised them that all I truly wanted was to learn about Scientology and that at this time, I couldn’t take any time away.

When I explained my questions, that I wanted to find out the truth, not just stories on the Internet, things changed quite quickly. My auditor left and came back with several others and I was photographed, yelled at and insulted. I was told that I was a bigot, a lier, and that if i wanted to coujour lies about Scientology, I shouldn’t waste their time.

This went on for only a few moments before I started to leave. All the way out, I was yelled at, insulted and photographed by more and more people. By the time I was out the door I had a good dozen or so people yelling and screaming at me. I had never been so embarrassed in my life. There where people on the streets who looked at me and avoided me because of their behaviour.

On my home on the subway, I realized I was being followed by some of the individuals from the church. I remember watching videos about such behaviour and switched trains a few times before I thought I lost them.

It is because of all this, the research I have done (on both sides), and my personal experience with the church, that I now side with you and the responsible members of Anonymous.

GreyLensman

This was just posted on Mark Bunker's Wog Blog. Someone actually did their research before making up their mind, did what Scientology said and went to the org to find out himself. He wrote down his experiences and sent it in an email to Bunker who shared it. :) Well, that tears it. They've decided to shut themselves down, all we can do is watch and giggle.

Email:

I have recently begun looking into Scientology, both from their website and from the many postings on You tube from yourself and Anon.

I have read what I could, and tried to learn as much as possible in order to see the whole picture. I have visited the Scientology website, have looked into all the pro-Scientology sites and documents, and even tried contacting the [local] church to learn more. From the websites, I found nothing but propaganda or anti-anonymous slander. This made me think that either everyone might be right or the church was just protecting itself. I had thought that I needed to go to the source, so I went downtown and walked into the church.

My experience there was something else. I asked to speak to someone that could help broaden my understanding of Scientology, someone that could help me understand what Scientology was all about. Before I was able to, I was told that i should first take a personality test and then they could use a personal example of how Scientology helps people. After 4 hours of the same questions asked over and over (almost impossible to answer without sounding perverted, bigoted, etc.) As hard as I could I tried to answer with my true views to leading questions like “Do you view yourself as a positive, careless( not carefree, they made this clear) person, or a negative, hard person”. To these I would answer neither, and attempt to explain, but was instructed I had to pick one or the other.

So after the long process with the auditor and the E-Meter, I was finally able to speak to someone who could help. The person I spoke to advised me that I was a truly messed up individual and that only Scientology could help me out. I was advised that in order to clear myself of these problems, I should stay and take some courses. I advised them that all I truly wanted was to learn about Scientology and that at this time, I couldn’t take any time away.

When I explained my questions, that I wanted to find out the truth, not just stories on the Internet, things changed quite quickly. My auditor left and came back with several others and I was photographed, yelled at and insulted. I was told that I was a bigot, a lier, and that if i wanted to coujour lies about Scientology, I shouldn’t waste their time.

This went on for only a few moments before I started to leave. All the way out, I was yelled at, insulted and photographed by more and more people. By the time I was out the door I had a good dozen or so people yelling and screaming at me. I had never been so embarrassed in my life. There where people on the streets who looked at me and avoided me because of their behaviour.

On my home on the subway, I realized I was being followed by some of the individuals from the church. I remember watching videos about such behaviour and switched trains a few times before I thought I lost them.

It is because of all this, the research I have done (on both sides), and my personal experience with the church, that I now side with you and the responsible members of Anonymous.

Sounds like the group paranoia has spread quite well. What ever happened to answering questions?

DCAnon

Questions? No one should have to put up with that. You're just forwarding an agenda of hate! Lol

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
This is really very funny.

I was a staff member in various missions for 7.5 years.

The idea that a public person would NOT walk in with tons of "enemy lines" was inconceivable even back then. And that was generally before the Internet.

You would not believe the shit I would hear when I was talking to a new person. I confronted and handled it all. That was my job!

I think that now, even the mention of the word "Internet" makes them think "SP!" because of all the pressure and pin-headed ethics they are subjected to.

The OP was right. They are now doing themselves in. There is not one new person who is going to walk through the door who will not have checked them out on the Internet first.

They can't handle the planet they are on.

And they're going to CLEAR it? :roflmao:

Abaddon

Patron
I've recently had a completely different experience. I visited the local org after hearing about the protests and doing a little research. I explained to the person I was speaking to that I had read some of the criticism on the internet and had heard about the protests and wanted to find out for myself. This person was very welcoming and answered my questions to my satisfaction. I didn't have to take a personality test, I wasn't yelled at or thrown out the door. I wasn't stalked, they didn't take pictures of me. etc. They didn't even try to hard sell me any books. :omg:

DCAnon

I've recently had a completely different experience. I visited the local org after hearing about the protests and doing a little research. I explained to the person I was speaking to that I had read some of the criticism on the internet and had heard about the protests and wanted to find out for myself. This person was very welcoming and answered my questions to my satisfaction. I didn't have to take a personality test, I wasn't yelled at or thrown out the door. I wasn't stalked, they didn't take pictures of me. etc. They didn't even try to hard sell me any books, they suggested I check out Dianetics from the local library and if I'm interested further I can buy a copy and attend a seminar. :omg:

Hello random completely non-suspicious newbie. Which org, what city? :) I'd love to get more data. :wink2:

Abaddon

Patron
Hello random completely non-suspicious newbie. Which org, what city? :) I'd love to get more data. :wink2:

I'm not going to out myself any more than you are. They have my phone number and my first name.

That reminds me, they didn't even ask my for my address or any of that stuff. :confused2:

Do a recon for yourself, you might be surprised.

DCAnon

I'm not going to out myself any more than you are. They have my phone number and my first name.

That reminds me, they didn't even ask my for my address or any of that stuff. :confused2:

Do a recon for yourself, you might be surprised.

Can't, they consider me a terrorist and send PIs to follow me home when I was a young woman in a large city living alone. :) Very ethical people. Their open and welcoming invitation to all people apparently doesn't extend to people who have questions for them. :confused2: However, we've done plenty of recon and we always encourage people to go to the org when we raid. Every single person has reported an experience that mirrors this.

Oh, and I'm in Washington, DC. Hence the name, honeypants. The org would be FCDC. How 'bout you? I'm a sauce kind of gal, I like my counter arguments to have some facts in 'em, you know? o3o Which org did you visit where you experienced this?

Rae

Patron with Honors
??

I've recently had a completely different experience. I visited the local org after hearing about the protests and doing a little research. I explained to the person I was speaking to that I had read some of the criticism on the internet and had heard about the protests and wanted to find out for myself. This person was very welcoming and answered my questions to my satisfaction. I didn't have to take a personality test, I wasn't yelled at or thrown out the door. I wasn't stalked, they didn't take pictures of me. etc. They didn't even try to hard sell me any books. :omg:

Yes..well the org I where I was at wouldn't have reacted the other way either..I think it depends on where you go. At least they wouldn't have last year.

"After 4 hours of the same questions asked over and over (almost impossible to answer without sounding perverted, bigoted, etc.) As hard as I could I tried to answer with my true views to leading questions like “Do you view yourself as a positive, careless( not carefree, they made this clear) person, or a negative, hard person”. To these I would answer neither, and attempt to explain, but was instructed I had to pick one or the other."

The thing I find weird about this above is that there is no question on the OCA/Personality Test that asks the question he said he was asked.(or maybe this was the question asked by the Auditor?? I never heard of that question though..) And I find it hard to believe that he walked in and someone gave him an auditor and put him on the meter..for 4 hours???? Something doesn't equate....things sure must have changed in the last 10 months..but the question is unanswerable if it's not applicable..so doesn't make any sense even in the framework of Scientology.

Abaddon

Patron
Can't, they consider me a terrorist and send PIs to follow me home when I was a young woman in a large city living alone. :) Very ethical people. Their open and welcoming invitation to all people apparently doesn't extend to people who have questions for them. :confused2: However, we've done plenty of recon and we always encourage people to go to the org when we raid. Every single person has reported an experience that mirrors this.

Oh, and I'm in Washington, DC. Hence the name, honeypants. The org would be FCDC. How 'bout you? I'm a sauce kind of gal, I like my counter arguments to have some facts in 'em, you know? o3o Which org did you visit where you experienced this?

You tell me how much they scare you and then try to get me to out myself. I don't know either way but I can't imagine they have many visitors, it would be fairly easy to single me out.

I'm just offering a counterweight to the OP from my own recent experience. Maybe the difference is purely geographical.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Where the hell are we supposed to find 'responsible members of anonymous'???

It's like asking for a formula 1 radish

Zinj

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome to the board Abaddon.

Good luck. You have every right to find out for yourself. I did.

Some people have positive feelings about Scientology (you understand that you won't find many of them posting here, right?)

I say go for it, if that's what you really want to do -- I mean that too; it's your life to live the way you want. One word of caution though. . .don't compromise your integrity. As long as it feels right to you explore away. But don't ever let anyone tell you that they know what's good for you better than you do. If you stay true to that, you'll be fine. (and actually that's a tenet of Scientology, so they will tell you that too (just watch out because what is said and what is done isn't always consistent -- just be very observant))

Remember what you've read about Scientology. Be on the lookout for red flags. And don't spend the college fund, max out your credit, or cash in your life insurance policy or anything. I guarantee you'll regret it if you do. It's not worth that -- nobody has a monopoly on truth. Your eternity is not at stake, no matter what they say (you won't hear this for a while, till you've taken a few courses).

But hey, it's an interesting subject . . .kept me captivated for 20 years. It won't be boring, I can promise you that.

:)TL

DCAnon

You tell me how much they scare you and then try to get me to out myself. I don't know either way but I can't imagine they have many visitors, it would be fairly easy to single me out.

I'm just offering a counterweight to the OP from my own recent experience. Maybe the difference is purely geographical.

XD I'm not scared, I'm just not a moron. If someone has decided to fair game you, it's probably best to not give them the opportunity. Besides, shaking my ass at the org and informing the public is much more fun. :happydance: For those who aren't horrible SPs and fair game, I think it's always fun to go check out the crazy in the org. Maybe they'll even have you watch one of their lulzy videos!

Difference might be geographical, but one wouldn't know without knowing which org you visited. :) One would also wonder why the guy in the Op was treated in such a way. Asking questions IS forwarding an agenda of hate according to Tommy Davis. If you can't ask questions and you can't go visit, how else are we poor wogs supposed to learn?

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Welcome

Are you sure it was the Church of Scientology you visited? Perhaps you were confused with another REAL church. The fact that you mention 'hard sell me any books' - in those words is a little suspicious. Not a usual turn of phrase for a raw meat.

Anyway welcome to ESMB, and I assume the org (another odd choice of word for a raw meat to use!) you went to was in Trollville. I know it well. :thumbsup:

Mystic

Crusader

Email:

This if fugg'n awesome! For the clams to go that psycho just at mention of the internet shows a magnifying paranoia, which is a bit scary. This level of psycho is Last-Ditch-Stand stuff. Waco here we come.

Abaddon

Patron
Welcome to the board Abaddon.

Good luck. You have every right to find out for yourself. I did.

Some people have positive feelings about Scientology (you understand that you won't find many of them posting here, right?)

I say go for it, if that's what you really want to do -- I mean that too; it's your life to live the way you want. One word of caution though. . .don't compromise your integrity. As long as it feels right to you explore away. But don't ever let anyone tell you that they know what's good for you better than you do. If you stay true to that, you'll be fine. (and actually that's a tenet of Scientology, so they will tell you that too (just watch out because what is said and what is done isn't always consistent -- just be very observant))

Remember what you've read about Scientology. Be on the lookout for red flags. And don't spend the college fund, max out your credit, or cash in your life insurance policy or anything. I guarantee you'll regret it if you do. It's not worth that -- nobody has a monopoly on truth. Your eternity is not at stake, no matter what they say (you won't hear this for a while, till you've taken a few courses).

But hey, it's an interesting subject . . .kept me captivated for 20 years. It won't be boring, I can promise you that.

:)TL

Thanks for the advice. :thumbsup: I mostly felt a need to satisfy my own curiosity, I'd read so much, I really wanted to get a brief glimpse of what its like in person (curiosity killed the cat, I know). My initial experience was positive (I was, admittedly, rather nervous after what I've read, but it went well).

I don't forsee myself spending $300k on auditing or joining Staff or whatnot. I'd still like to explore a bit more but I'm far from the ideal recruit anyway (Didn't Hubbard say something about how people who can't make up their mind aren't worth the time, I recall reading that quote here).

Are you sure it was the Church of Scientology you visited? Perhaps you were confused with another REAL church. The fact that you mention 'hard sell me any books' - in those words is a little suspicious. Not a usual turn of phrase for a raw meat.

Anyway welcome to ESMB, and I assume the org (another odd choice of word for a raw meat to use!) you went to was in Trollville. I know it well. :thumbsup:

I've been reading ESMB for a week or so (oh noes) and the 'hard sell' is apparently rather legendary.

Rae

Patron with Honors

Further obsurdities..beyond what even I would have expected. A few months ago I visited my local org for the first time...just to see what would happen. I was "greeted" by the receptionist who was on the computer and someone else was sitting with her. Not only was I not asked for my name and what org I was associated with (as I said I was a visiting Scio), but the other person sitting with the receptionist asked if I wanted a tour and proceeded to lead me around the org showing it to me. I was never asked to sign in..not asked my name, my address or phone number and didn't say my name to either of these people. It was the most bizarre thing I've ever experienced. AND protesters were all around the org!!! Ding dong.

Mystic

Crusader
Mole

Sounds like you got ahold of one of our anonymous moles well hidden within. By the way, which installation (org) did you go to?