What's new

Convicted Scientology Criminals

Björkist

Silver Meritorious Patron
XD You're precious. <3 Until Scientology stops being abusive and criminal, and Scientologists stop being abusive and criminal, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

There is no agreement or disagreement really. You can post all the names and allegations and court documents you like. I don't really care.

I am just seeking clarification by asking the several questions I have asked which have still gone unanswered.

You make statements, claim you love "dox" and proof, yet provide none to support your claims 2 posts up.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=227429&postcount=59

Also, Scientology consist primarily of books and lectures.

Unless one beats another person to death with a book or CD or stabs them to death with a Solo Auditor lapel pin, how exactly is Scientology abusive and criminal considering its state of "inanimate-ness"? (even then, it's a person doing the beating/stabbing, not Scientology)

DCAnon

Thankyou DC Anon. :)

Lol, no problem. :) I think they've completely missed all the links (P.S. they all look like this [*] lol)

Also...

Eugene Martin Ingram - There was a warrant out for his arrest in Tampa in 2002 for impersonating a police officer. Was this ever rectified or is he still wanted? [*][*]

DCAnon

Also, I can't update the op without Emma helping me since it apparently locks after a time. Here's the current and fully updated list so far, I hope to get it on the front page after a few more additions I'd like to make over the next couple of days.

L. Ron Hubbard – arrested August 1948 for petty theft, unindicted co-conspirator in obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property of Operation Snow White. Fined for leaving an infant in a car during a lecture. 1978, convicted of fraud in France and sentenced to 4 years in prison. Never faced his charges. Expelled from Moroco for trying to overthrow the government and expelled from Rhodesia. [*] [*][*]

Artur Solomonyan – arrested for terrorism, smuggling weapons, and admitted to connections with Al Qaida by the FBI in 2005. He was sentenced in March, 2009. [*]

Gabriel Williams - convicted of sexual battery and sodomy of a child in excess of 100 times in Mountain View, California in 2005. [*]

Donald Anthony Strawn aka Tony Strawn – convicted in Florida in 1995 to thirty years in prison for sexually molesting two girls, ages 11 and 13.[*]

James Barbour – pled guilty to endangering the welfare of a minor in 2008 after charges were brought against him in the 2001 sexual molestation of a 15 year old girl.[*]

Willem Van Rompay – Dutch Scientologist convicted of the 2003 murder of 23 year old Katrijn Borre [*] [*]

Jean-Jacques Mazier – convicted of manslaughter and fraud in the death of Scientologist Patrice Vic in France in 1998. [*]

Gary Don Beals – Beals, a diagnosed schizophrenic, was convinced by the Church of Scientology to forgo his medication. He killed his father, and stabbed his mother. He was convicted of manslaughter. Beals was found dead in 2007. Link provides the Salt Lake City Tribune article about his arrest. [*]

Reed Slatkin - pled guilty to fraud in a massive ponzi scheme in 2003 and was sentenced to 14 years in prison [*]

Jean Shumway - convicted in 1991 in Seattle of first degree murder in the poisoning and smothering of her mother. [*]

Alexis Shumway - convicted in 1991 in Seattle of first degree murder in the poisoning and smothering of her grandmother.[*]

Rick Pendery - Co-owner of the Second Chance program was convicted of fraud in San Diego in 1994. [*]

Nanna Anderson - pled guilty in December 1995 in Canada to stealing documents from the Ontario Medical Association, at the behest of the Church of Scientology, between November 1976 and March 1983.[*]

Janice Wheeler - convicted in Toronto, Canada in 1992 of breach of public trust in the Church of Scientology infiltration of Canadian government offices and theft of confidential documents.[*]

Donald Whitmore - convicted in Toronto, Canada in 1992 of breach of public trust in the Church of Scientology infiltration of Canadian government offices and theft of confidential documents.[*]

Detlef Foullois – convicted in Germany of tax evasion and subsidies fraud in 1993.[*]

Karl-Eric Heilig - convicted in Germany of tax evasion and subsidies fraud in 1993.[*]

Markell D. Boulis – convicted in 2006 in Columbus, Ohio of health care fraud. Jailed in 2006 on drug charges. [*]

Linda Waliki - A 25 year old woman suffering from schitzophrenia and a member of a Scientologist family. In April 2008 in Sydney Australia, she allegedly suffered a psychotic break after being taken off her medication by Scientologists. She stabbed her father Michael and her 15 year old sister Katheryn to death, seriously injuring her mother. She was committed to the Bunya Unit, Cumberland Hospital after pleading not-guilty due to mental disease or defect. She and her family were named in the print version of the Sydney Morning Herald, not the online version.[X][X]

Ronald W. Bernstein - convicted in 1991 in Clearwater of federal money laundering charges. [X]

Grant Boshoff - convicted in 1991 in Clearwater of federal money laundering charges. [X]

Lawrence Spencer - convicted in 1991 in Clearwater of federal money laundering charges. [X]

Ludmila Vassilieva - Denmark Scientologist who was a nanny for another Scientologist family. Killed and multilated their twin children Lauren and Hervé. **Need to find a danish newspaper article plox

Harry Laarhuis - Dutch former executive director of the French branch of the organization, was condemned to three years and a fine of 15,000 francs. Convicted of fraud in France with LRH in 1978, fled the country.[X]

Jacquelline Valentin - French former head of the church in France, was sentenced to two years in prison and a fine of 10,000 francs. Convicted of fraud in France with LRH in 1978, fled the country.[X]

Georges Andreu - Convicted of fraud in France with LRH in 1978 and faced his charges. Given a suspended one-year prison sentence and a fine of 3,000 francs. [X]

Erwin Richard Annau - convicted of fraud in Florida in 1998 as part of the TradeNet Laundry Ball scam. [X]

Bill "L.W" Cooper - convicted of fraud in Florida in 1998 as part of the TradeNet Laundry Ball scam. [X]

Robert Float - convicted of fraud. Fined three separate times. His company Red Giant is now outlawed in Illinois. [X]

Elizabeth Eagleton Weigand - convicted of blackmail of Senator Thomas Eagleton D-Mo, in 1980. [X]

Herb Zerden - convicted of operating an unlawful foreclosure rescue scam in Texas from Clearwater, Florida in 2007. Forced to repay homeowners in Texas. [*]

David Goroway - arrested April 2 2008 after buying drugs from an undercover up and charged with cocaine trafficking, money laundering, resisting arrest with violence and driving with a suspended license. Settled on the fraud case. [*] [*] [*]

Franz Riedl – Germany 1994, convicted of libel [*] (I believe this is the right story)

Jeremy Perkins – committed to a mental hospital in 2004 in Buffalo, New York after stabbing his mother 77 times. [*]

Debra Anne Dalton – convicted of fraud in 2002 in Sydney Australia for pretending she had a baby to collect child care money.[*]

Giorgio Carta – convicted of extortion in 2004 in Sardinia connected to the 1997 suicide of Roberto Deplano. Sentenced to 4 ½ years in prison.[*]

Richard E. Brittain Jr. – convicted of fraud in Knoxville Tennessee in 1999. [*]

Xavier Delamare – head of the CoS in France convicted of fraud in 1999 and sentenced to two years in jail. [*]

Kent Stryker – convicted October 2005 in LA of federal fraud and charities fraud charges. [*]

Jacqueline Matz - convicted of two counts of breach of trust contrary in 1992 in Canada. [*]

Olga Ukhova – convicted of money laundering and setting up an illegal business in Russia in 2001. [*]

David lee Enteman – pled guilty to assault with a deadly weapon on a police officer, transporting a destructive device and unlawful possession of materials with intent to make explosives in connection to a van bombing in LA in 1996. [*]

Samuel D. Rosen – Scientologist lawyer slapped with a Temporary Order of Protection after throwing his now ex-wife down a flight of stairs. He tried to fight the injunction in 2002 and lost.[*]

The following were arrested and charged in connection with operation Snow White

Mary Sue Hubbard - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Cindy Raymond - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Gerald Bennett Wolfe - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Henning Heldt - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Duke Snider - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Gregory Willardson - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Richard Weigand - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Mitchell Herman – convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Sharon Thomas - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Jane Kember - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Mo Budlong - convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. Sent to prison for five years. [*]

Arrested Scientologists currently awaiting trial

Jesse Remmers - A hitman who killed six people before his arrest in the Netherlands. Also allegedly the executive president of the Criminon Foundation Netherlands from December 2004 to October 2005. Still awaiting trial. [*]

Peter (Guiseppe) la Serpe - Arrested in connection with Jesse Remmers, a hitman who killed six people before his arrest in the Netherlands. Still awaiting trial.[*]

Hiram Monserrate - state senator of New York who was involved in the detoxification program for 9/11 workers. He allegedly attacked and assaulted his girlfriend, slashing her face with a broken glass. He was arraigned on March 27, 2009 and is awaiting trial.[*] [*]

Sir Facer

Patron with Honors
Scientology seems to have an obsession with crimes and I got a little tired of the same old “OMG Anonymous terrorist” bullshit. I thought I’d feed their obsession a little (and because it’s a slow day at work). Here’s a list of convicted Scientologists (not convictions against the CoS itself, there’s plenty of those too). Each and every one has substantive media articles or court documents to validate the conviction. There were many others who were arrested and charged or are currently pending, but if I couldn’t find proof of the conviction or names had been omitted as is the case in some European and Australian courts, I didn’t include it. If you have any more you know of where a Scientologist was convicted, please post and I’ll add it to the list.

WOW! Well I think its about time this stuff was brought to the worlds attention as its the exact same tactics the Church uses on anyone who dares to speak out so I hope this post is exposed big time:omg: Just goes to show that the Church has got lots of hidden info, no wonder they are so damn scared of on-line Scientologists getting onto ESMB............

Freeman

Could you show specifically where DCs argument is fallacious?

He can't because he has no clue about logical thinking.

Listing crimes of Scientologists is not even an argument. It is simply data. I don't see that she came to any type of conclusion from the lists. She never said "these $cilos are dirty so they all are" or any patently illogical statement like that. She gave personal reasons as to why she posted the list.

Bjorkist, This statement you made:

"Also, Scientology consist primarily of books and lectures.

Unless one beats another person to death with a book or CD or stabs them to death with a Solo Auditor lapel pin, how exactly is Scientology abusive and criminal considering its state of "inanimate-ness"? (even then, it's a person doing the beating/stabbing, not Scientology)"

Is the most pathetic attempt at logical thinking that I've head since grade school. You do realize that "Scientology" as a word can mean the group as well as the subject matter contained in those books and tapes?

If you need any more poof that Scientology, as a group, practices abuse on a wholesale scale, you should look up the phrase "reasonable doubt" and then read a few hours of abuse stories on this site and others.

Deductive reasoning often cannot be applied in the real world. Courts convict criminals every day based upon inductive reasoning. If you saw footprints in the sand you would say that someone had been walking there wouldn't you? Well, that is inductive reasoning.

Don't pretend to be a logician or great debater if you can't even understand basic logic.

DC, God Bless You.

Björkist

You do realize that "Scientology" as a word can mean the group as well as the subject matter contained in those books and tapes?

I differentiate between "Scientology" (the subject, materials, data, application, etc.) and the "Church of" Scientology (i.e. organizational structure, policy, buildings, etc.) and don't refer to them interchangeably because they aren't the same thing...not even close. And then there is the added bit of "Scientologists"...which aren't "Scientology" or the "Church of Scientology".

If you open your mind a little, you can differentiate between them too.

Based on the entirety of your post, however, you have quite a long way to go.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Exactly. The fact that some criminals have been scientologists isn't relevant in any way to anything, unless one were hypothesizing that 'Scientology makes people criminals' and there is no evidence here to support any such claim.

To be honest, the propagandizing in this thread isn't any better than that done by the CoS itself. :naughty:

Abaddon, I disagree.

The question of criminal actions is entirely relevant. Hubbard said that Scientology was the only effective means of changing people for the better. On numerous occasions the CoS has accused their critics of being criminals and equating this to be the reason that they ‘attack’ Scientology.

Therefore, we have the CoS taking the moral high ground and implying that they do not act in a criminal way and that Scientology makes people much more ethical and honest.

I know of numerous cases here in the UK where Scientologists have stolen, lied and cheated in order to promote their ‘church’ or to gain funds to give to the CoS. In most cases, it was not widely known that they were Scientologists.

For example, there was Colin Clayton, who was jailed in 1999 for tax fraud (http://nds.coi.gov.uk/content/detai...71&Region=2&selSearchType=&SearchCategoryID=).

As you can see, the article does not mention that he was a Scientologist and ‘donated’ approx £70,000 of his ill-gotten gains to the CoS, in order to progress up the Bridge to OT. Obviously, they did not question where those funds came from.

There are several other cases where similar frauds have been committed, but don’t have any references to hand at the moment. In addition, I have personal knowledge of numerous other instances of Scientologists stealing, not paying tax when they should, not insuring or taxing vehicles, and all sorts of other petty crimes, which are often justified in all sorts of ways. Often, the staff at the CoS turn a blind eye as long as the person is ‘upstat’ and giving them money.

And this is not counting the times when Scientologists have accrued debts or taken on loans, which were used to give money to the CoS and then never repaid. For example, a well-known public Scientologist in the EG area, Mike Ricketts, had a painting and decorating business (M Ricketts Decorating Ltd), which was placed into voluntary liquidation in Oct 2001, with debts of around £216,000. His wife, Rachel Ricketts was banned from being a director of a company for 3 years, I don’t know what punishment he got. This made the local papers, but it did not mention that they were both Scientologists, who had used the money that they didn’t repay, to fund their way onto the OT levels. Amusingly, Mike Ricketts was featured in a copy of the magazine produced by the CLO UK, having being given an award from WISE, presumably for stellar implementation of ‘Hubbard Admin Technology’, and was a member of the East Grinstead Business Expansion Committee. Scientology ‘expansion’ = business failure?

I know of several Scientologists who took on huge personal loans, in order to give to the orgs, IAS or other parts of the CoS, when it was patently obvious that they could never repay these, and then just walked away from them when they couldn’t cope.

For example, there was ‘Chris’ who was a nice bloke, but very easily manipulated. The IAS got their hooks into him and he couldn’t stop giving them money. Trouble was, it wasn’t his money. Eventually he had attained the status of Patron Meritorious and his wife was a Patron and was around £150,000 in debt, all on high-interest credit cards. Predictably, he lost his job and was unable to meet even the minimum payments. So, being a Scientologist, he came up with a brilliant plan to make lots of money quickly. He would release a music album which would enjoy instant success and make him very rich. This was despite not having any previous musical experience!

Eventually, he had to face up to the truth and came to a voluntary agreement with his creditors which meant that he effectively walked away from all financial obligations. Was it the fault of the IAS that he was so financially irresponsible? Perhaps not, but they certainly put huge amounts of pressure on him to take out loans when it was very obvious that he could never repay them. And no doubt this was further encouraged by telling him that any money given, would be repaid as a natural effect of the way the theta universe worked.

From these examples, we can conclude that the ‘Church’ of Scientology encourages individuals to behave in a dishonest way in order to get money which will then be diverted into their coffers. And worst thing is – they will tell you that only they can halt the moral decline of this planet!

Axiom142

Lesolee (Sith Lord)

Patron Meritorious
For example, there was Colin Clayton, who was jailed in 1999 for tax fraud (http://nds.coi.gov.uk/content/detai...71&Region=2&selSearchType=&SearchCategoryID=).

As you can see, the article does not mention that he was a Scientologist and ‘donated’ approx £70,000 of his ill-gotten gains to the CoS, in order to progress up the Bridge to OT. Obviously, they did not question where those funds came from.
:thankyou:

:omg:
I knew Colin years ago from London org. I was commuting from Norwich to London at weekends and staying with staff members Friday and Saturday nights. This would have been around 1985. I stayed around Colin's house several times, even though he lived miles away, West of London somewhere. He drove me there and back as he was also on course at the time. I liked him. He was Clear at the time and told me he had spent £100,000 getting there. (Little did I know at the time that I would also spend the same amount to not even get that far! :duh: ) He was running a contract agency at that time. I had wondered what had happened to him. :bigcry:

I totally agree with Ax that Scientology induced out-ethics needs to be publicised. As indeed does Scientology induced psychosis, premature death, divorce, and any other non-optimum circumstances. Scientologists only get one side of the picture, which is not accurate reporting, it is biassed PR. :grouch:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
How hard is it to dig up statistics of the incidence of similar crimes in the general population? (I don't know the answer to that question.)

Along with the dates of the crimes and/or convictions DCA has provided, then one could maybe come up with a statement like "the number of people who were Scientologists (needs a clarifying definition in this case, such as "described themselves as Scios" or "had completed one or more training or auditing services in the CofS, even if 20 years prior" or "looked at a Dianetics book once but never did anything with it" or whatever) and were convicted of felonies — per the referenced data — is greater/lesser [delete one] than the number in the general population for the same time period."

This may be a somewhat meaningful statement. It's like the OTs dying of cancer. Sure, lots of OTs have died of cancer. But does it MEAN ANYTHING? That data is not known.

Plus the cause/effect relationship is not known. A criminal who then dabbles in Scn, or even embraces it wholeheartedly, may remain criminal. Scn is not "to blame" for the criminality, unless one is assuming that contact with Scn magically erases all criminal tendencies.

Paul

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I think it is likely that if you compared "scientologist crimes" with general populace crimes, you would find similar stats. But then again, the general populace doesn't espouse being the most ethical group on the planet with the only tech to handle mankind. :eyeroll:

Scientology doesn't work, m'kay!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I think it is likely that if you compared "scientologist crimes" with general populace crimes, you would find similar stats. But then again, the general populace doesn't espouse being the most ethical group on the planet with the only tech to handle mankind. :eyeroll:

It's only a meaningful claim with statistical evidence. I know the original is PR and bullshit, but I for one became more ethical in my thinking after joining. It's hard to quantify and say I became 23% more ethical, or whatever.

But it may be true that, statistically speaking, people who embraced Scn and adopted Scn principles in their lives committed less crimes than the general population. I think it would be true to say that such Scios take less drugs than the general population, for instance.

Paul

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
It's only a meaningful claim with statistical evidence. I know the original is PR and bullshit, but I for one became more ethical in my thinking after joining. It's hard to quantify and say I became 23% more ethical, or whatever.

But it may be true that, statistically speaking, people who embraced Scn and adopted Scn principles in their lives committed less crimes than the general population. I think it would be true to say that such Scios take less drugs than the general population, for instance.

Paul

That might have been the case with you, I don't doubt it.

But I can, without a doubt, say that I saw more dishonesty between individuals regarding private loans for the Bridge that were NEVER going to be repaid etc, more dishonesty with the Tax department and Social Security system, and more fraudulent credit applications than I have ever witnessed in a normal community.

I also think it's criminal to deny children an education and I saw plenty of that. I don't see that in any other aspect of society here in Australia.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
But I can, without a doubt, say that I saw more dishonesty between individuals regarding private loans for the Bridge that were NEVER going to be repaid etc, more dishonesty with the Tax department and Social Security system, and more fraudulent credit applications than I have ever witnessed in a normal community.

I also think it's criminal to deny children an education and I saw plenty of that. I don't see that in any other aspect of society here in Australia.

Re children, no argument.

Re the first para, did you have the same intimate view into their lives? You could well have, but I'm just checking.

Paul

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Re children, no argument.

Re the first para, did you have the same intimate view into their lives? You could well have, but I'm just checking.

Paul

Well I've been involved in sporting groups, school groups, social groups, and of course worked for many years in the private sector in various companies. I would say I never had the same insight into a community's private affairs as I did In scientology (there is no such thing as privacy in Scn) but these types of things tend to come to a head and are made know in groups.

Every now and then you hear about someone being caught for fraud or theft in a company but it's not often and the percentage is very low compared to Scientology IMO.

I'd say the difference is just the extreme pressure for money. A person trapped in a mess like Scientology tends to HAVE to believe that the end justifies the means.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I'd say the difference is just the extreme pressure for money. A person trapped in a mess like Scientology tends to HAVE to believe that the end justifies the means.

Fair enough, Emma. I agree re the pressure.

Paul