What's new

Cinci Scio arrested for child rape

DCAnon

Silver Meritorious Patron
Another awesome point for the most ethical people on the planet.

benkasleo.jpg

A man was arrested today accused of having sex with a teenager at the Church of Scientology in Downtown Cincinnati.

Twenty-one-year-old Ben Kasle is charged with two counts of gross sexual imposition.

Investigators say he had sex with the girl who is now 14-years-old.

Police records indicate the alleged offenses happened at the church on Fourth Street between October 2007 and September 2008.

An attorney representing the church says the church is aware of the investigation and is cooperating with police, however, the church has no comment since the investigation is ongoing.

He is due in court on May 6th.

Man Accused Of Abusing Minor At Scientology Church
KYPost.com 23rd April 09
http://www.kypost.com/content/wcpos...cientology-Church/qVq4Nl2tMESaX4sT3z47lg.cspx

DIGG IT
http://digg.com/people/Man_Accused_of_Abusing_Minor_At_Cincinnati_Scientology

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Let's see Tommy Davis defend this one:angry:

I wonder how far thro' his Basics this scumbag got before justice arrived from outside the cult.:grouch:

OTBT

Patron Meritorious
Ben Kasle is a Class IV auditor. I have been "out" for a looong time. Can anyone come up with a current PL or HCOB which states that students on Academy levels are considered "ministers"?

There is no way the Org could not have known about this. Think about this guy's O/Ws, sec checks, Danger formula, co-auditing, etc. etc. ad nauseum.

byte301

Crusader
I'm just glad this got reported to the cops FINALLY. It went on for almost a year so I am assuming the girl was 13 when it started.
:angry:

therealme

Patron
This kind of shit happens far too often in the Church, well the overage boy having sex with the underage girl. I saw it - well not the act itself LOL - many times as, afterall, we're all just thetans trapped in a body and the age of the body shouldn't matter right? BS.

Look how many kids get married in the SO? Well I don't know how much that happens now, but it did!

byte301

Crusader
This kind of shit happens far too often in the Church, well the overage boy having sex with the underage girl. I saw it - well not the act itself LOL - many times as, afterall, we're all just thetans trapped in a body and the age of the body shouldn't matter right? BS.

Look how many kids get married in the SO? Well I don't know how much that happens now, but it did!

I agree. I knew of several cases like this one. One assumes the parents will take care of it... That never seemed to happen and now we know why. The parents are told to keep their mouths shut if they want to make a stink. At least in this case someone spilled the beans.

8-8008

Patron with Honors
Byte301, You are right. They are told not to say anything. I know few stories like this one. A guy with his adopted kid who was 6 or 7 years old. Adult scientologist with a teenager.............. and more...... Well this is of course confidentiel as this is in the files. I am laughing because former scientologists get nailed or accused of stuff taken from their files. I have seen it too. So they can't deny it. This is there, I have seen it, I have heard it..... It was even done with me. Everyone knew what happened with me. How? It was in my O/Ws, it was in my PC folder, in my ethics files lol. I know, one guy still in the SO, is the PRO of taken stuff from files and using it. He was declared but got through it doing the RPF. Maybe he should return there or get declared again.

Ben was the Director of Training. He is a Flag Trained GAT Supervisor. He is also KTL/LOC supervisor, Class IV and also a Clear. He attested to Clear about 2 years.

His brother is the OES, his mom is the PES and his sister is a Flag Trained Auditor posted in the HGC.

(this posts may have changed since I was there but as far as I know they are still on those posts. )

Must be a mess there right now.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ben was the Director of Training. He is a Flag Trained GAT Supervisor. He is also KTL/LOC supervisor, Class IV and also a Clear. He attested to Clear about 2 years.

His brother is the OES, his mom is the PES and his sister is a Flag Trained Auditor posted in the HGC.

(this posts may have changed since I was there but as far as I know they are still on those posts. )

Must be a mess there right now.

Wow, thanks for that information!:thumbsup:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Having sex with a 14 year old girl?

Wow, that's so wrong.

Prior to May 2008 in Canada, sex with people as young as 14 was legal as long as it was consensual and the adult was not in a position of authority or dependency. Was it so wrong then? Is it morally repugnant per se, or just that the law in some states in the US forbids sex (more or less) under the age of 18?

Different places have different laws. To me it seems kinda odd that nature provides the hormones and the means at the age of 12 or 13 or whatever, but the law in many places mostly says whoah there! for four years or so. Although it is possible the earlier and earlier onset of puberty is related to things like additional estrogen in food and not so "natural" after all.

Rape is repugnant at any age. "Consensual" sex between a sexually mature person and a sexually immature person is similar to rape in my book, whatever the ages. Making a 17 year old kid guilty of felonious statutory rape for having consensual sex with his 17 year old sweetheart is ridiculous and violates "natural law", so to speak.

Arbitraries, arbitraries....

Paul

DCAnon

I think there's a fundamental difference between two 17 year olds who are dating and a 21 year old authority figure and a then 13 year old. I know that some people won't agree with me, but here's my opinion, lol: I do believe teenagers having sex with each other is immature and not a smart decision, but not statutory rape or pedophilia. I believe that someone who is that much older or uses authority to take advantage of a child is sick and should be locked up. (Most states have laws designating this gap to between 1-3 years difference in age between the partners) I believe that any legal adult having any sexual relationship with a child under the age of 16 is a pedophile, a threat to the community, and should be arrested. No exceptions.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I believe that any legal adult having any sexual relationship with a child under the age of 16 is a pedophile, a threat to the community, and should be arrested. No exceptions.

Not even if it is legal in the country/state concerned?

Paul

DCAnon

Not even if it is legal in the country/state concerned?

Paul

Yup. Fundamentally, I believe it's wrong and that the legal system needs to change that law. There's a lot of laws in a lot of countries that allow for the exploitation of children. Especially young girls. The greatest thing about a legal system is that it's always changing and can always reform to better protect the citizens who depend on it. I feel the same way about some middle eastern sharia laws that allow older men to take 12-13 year olds as "wives." It absolutely needs to change.

alexm

Patron with Honors
Prior to May 2008 in Canada, sex with people as young as 14 was legal as long as it was consensual and the adult was not in a position of authority or dependency. Was it so wrong then? Is it morally repugnant per se, or just that the law in some states in the US forbids sex (more or less) under the age of 18?

Different places have different laws. To me it seems kinda odd that nature provides the hormones and the means at the age of 12 or 13 or whatever, but the law in many places mostly says whoah there! for four years or so. Although it is possible the earlier and earlier onset of puberty is related to things like additional estrogen in food and not so "natural" after all.

Rape is repugnant at any age. "Consensual" sex between a sexually mature person and a sexually immature person is similar to rape in my book, whatever the ages. Making a 17 year old kid guilty of felonious statutory rape for having consensual sex with his 17 year old sweetheart is ridiculous and violates "natural law", so to speak.

Arbitraries, arbitraries....

Paul

Yes I know about Canada, I think Steven Harper and the Conservative government upped it to 16 but I am not sure.

Yeah, it is wrong to me. I am 26 and in a few places where I have lived before such as Poland, Hungary and Germany where I think the legal age is 14, I personally would never sleep with a girl that young, even if it were legal. In Thailand I do not think there is an age of consent which is why there are 12, 13, 14 years old street hookers who sleep with much older men. That to me is wrong even if it consensual.

Same age, 14 and 14, 15 and 15, 16 and 16 fine but 14 and 40? 16 and 26? No way I think that is very wrong.

Like you said, rape is definitely terrible.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
If anyone really knew what life is like for a 14 year old girl, they would do whatever they could to keep them safe from predation by men with "altitude" for sure (take that one all the way to prison), but even from boys their own age (though I agree that pressing charges, and making a 14 year old boy a "sexual predator" in this case is not the right action). These girls are a mess psychologically; even the mature ones. They cry almost daily if they feel the "lilt of an eyebrow" rejection from a classmate, or if someone comments negatively about their clothes, or if they have a pimple. They don't know who they are and live to "fit in" and be accepted. To throw sex into the mix is just more than they are ready for, even though for many of them physically they look very mature. Even if it seems consensual, they don't even realize what they are consenting to. They are not considered adults yet because they are not ready to be adults. Whatever we can do to protect (and educate) young girls is worthwhile in my book, and any grown man who would do this is a monster.

-TL

Good twin

Floater
If anyone really knew what life is like for a 14 year old girl, they would do whatever they could to keep them safe from predation by men with "altitude" for sure (take that one all the way to prison), but even from boys their own age (though I agree that pressing charges, and making a 14 year old boy a "sexual predator" in this case is not the right action). These girls are a mess psychologically; even the mature ones. They cry almost daily if they feel the "lilt of an eyebrow" rejection from a classmate, or if someone comments negatively about their clothes, or if they have a pimple. They don't know who they are and live to "fit in" and be accepted. To throw sex into the mix is just more than they are ready for, even though for many of them physically they look very mature. Even if it seems consensual, they don't even realize what they are consenting to. They are not considered adults yet because they are not ready to be adults. Whatever we can do to protect (and educate) young girls is worthwhile in my book, and any grown man who would do this is a monster.

-TL

Thank you TL. I am the mother of a 12 year old girl who looks 18.