What's new

The Self-affirmations of L. Ron Hubbard

JustanotherEX

Patron with Honors
They may have to exist for the 'magick' to work..

:unsure:

Yes, within some schools of thought, that would be valid, but it has nothing to do with magick.... or maybe everything, depending on which view of magick you have. To me affirmations are just a very effective way to focus your intent, no claims of magick necessary. Destroy the document and destroy whatever it contributed to the effort to focus your intent. Read the link I posted earlier to get a better sense of how it is intended to work.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2268506/Affirmation

Nothing very "magical" in the process and it may even resonate at a few rare moments with a vaguely Scientological flavor.

Certainly, if I had gone to that trouble to produce formalized written affirmations, I would have kept them locked away tight!

But I'm not Hubbard and it is a real dicey thing trying to get any certainty on what he believed for himself and exactly when he believed what.

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
The 'Affirmations' were locked away tight, and many of them still are. Plus we don't know what other writings, and tapes, old sound-recording wax cylinders, etc., were left at St. Hill, or at other locations. One thing is known: Scientology Inc. has possession of whatever exists, and has no plans of allowing that to see the light of day.

"Men are your slaves."

"Your writing has a deep hypnotic effect on people and they are always pleased with what you write."

"Your psychology is advanced and true and wonderful. It hypnotizes people. It predicts their emotions, for you are their ruler."

The advantages of stereo vision:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=187334&postcount=12

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Examining a person's 'affirmations' may not always tell you who the person *is*, but, it will tell you who they *want to be*.

Ron's are very revealing.

Zinj

Each affrimation reveals a problem otherwise the affirmer wouldn't be affirming the solution. And, yes they certainly reveal intention at the time they were made.

What I don't get is that they are obviously bad news so why would Hubbard keep them around.

Doesn't make sense...

Don't care though.... ok i do.

He was a writer.

Writers always keep everything around - they might turn into a story or a script some day.

They may have to exist for the 'magick' to work..

:unsure:

Yes, within some schools of thought, that would be valid, but it has nothing to do with magick.... or maybe everything, depending on which view of magick you have. To me affirmations are just a very effective way to focus your intent, no claims of magick necessary. Destroy the document and destroy whatever it contributed to the effort to focus your intent. Read the link I posted earlier to get a better sense of how it is intended to work.

Nothing very "magical" in the process and it may even resonate at a few rare moments with a vaguely Scientological flavor.

Certainly, if I had gone to that trouble to produce formalized written affirmations, I would have kept them locked away tight!

But I'm not Hubbard and it is a real dicey thing trying to get any certainty on what he believed for himself and exactly when he believed what.

Another explanation is that he was still running the affirmations, at least up to the point that they slipped from his personal possession.

Scientologists tend to assume they are "old, not used anymore" tech, once Scn was developed. This is an assumption. He could have been running the affirmations upon himself while insisting Scientologists didn't squirrel into other practices.

at3ist

Patron with Honors
he did the affirmations wrong, most of them are stated in the negative

example

You are not a coward. Fist fighting had no bearing on your courage

the rigth way is

im a corageous man, i face my fears

by this affirmations you know hubbard, his fears, what he was doing, what he hate about him, what he want, everything

example

You have no urge to talk about your navy life. You do not like to talk of it. You never illustrate
your point with bogus stories. It is not necessary for you to lie to be amusing and witty

who would writte this affirmation?

someone who lies alot, and hates that, but cannt help it, he lies and tell bogus storys, so he come up with affirmattions as this

but again, are stated in the negative, so he was programing himself to lie, to tell bogus stories

what if he has said

your have many topics to talks, youre always true to people, you are amusing and witty
the ones that worked was the ones that was stated in the positive as

I can write. I need not think commercially about writing.

is stated in the positive and can be real, becouse he was practicing it

not as

You will live to be 200 years old, both because you are calm and because of modern discoveries
to be made in your lifetime.

is stated in the positive, but its unreal, and not likely to happen and migth turn you insane, becouse youre creating a reality in your mind that doesnt fit, and will not fit the reality

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron

example

You are not a coward. Fist fighting had no bearing on your courage

the rigth way is

im a corageous man, i face my fears

by this affirmations you know hubbard, his fears, what he was doing, what he hate about him, what he want, everything

example

You have no urge to talk about your navy life. You do not like to talk of it. You never illustrate
your point with bogus stories. It is not necessary for you to lie to be amusing and witty

who would writte this affirmation?

someone who lies alot, and hates that, but cannt help it, he lies and tell bogus storys, so he come up with affirmattions as this

but again, are stated in the negative, so he was programing himself to lie, to tell bogus stories

what if he has said

your have many topics to talks, youre always true to people, you are amusing and witty
the ones that worked was the ones that was stated in the positive as

I can write. I need not think commercially about writing.

is stated in the positive and can be real, becouse he was practicing it

not as

You will live to be 200 years old, both because you are calm and because of modern discoveries
to be made in your lifetime.

is stated in the positive, but its unreal, and not likely to happen and migth turn you insane, becouse youre creating a reality in your mind that doesnt fit, and will not fit the reality

Facinating analysis, At3ist. Makes a lot of sense
-Tl

Veda

Sponsor
Note: These 'Affirmations' are not the only Hubbard 'Affirmations' and, IMO, Hubbard was influenced, not only by Jack Parsons during this time, but by his relationship with his soon to be 2nd wife, Sara, who may have wanted him to stop his compulsive 'tall tale' telling.

These 'Affirmations' were preceded by others - going back to the 1930s - as, apparently, Hubbard had practiced auto-suggestion/self-hypnosis for some time. The other 'Affirmations' were more like 'Affirmations' and less like 'Admissions/Affirmations'.

Nonetheless, the 'Affirmation'-quality of the later 1946/47 'Admissions/Affirmations' comes through, but it may be confusing as - like Scientology would be a few years later - these 'Affirmations' are "multi-layered."

There's a pattern to these Affirmations ("Admissions"), a pattern that is reflected in later Scientology, and has been described as "schizophrenic," or "dichotomous."

The "Overt/Covert" pattern of the subject and organization of Scientology ("PR is overt. Intelligence is covert.") can be seen in these Affirmations.

Hubbard writes that he tells the truth (the visible, or "overt"), then writes (the covert), "No matter what lies you tell others, they have no physical effect on you of any kind." And, "You can tell all the romantic tales you wish. You will remember them. But you know which ones were lies. You are so logical, you will tell nothing that cannot be believed."

Hubbard then goes on to explain how he can take the adventures of others and adopt them as his own - in other words, prevaricate and misrepresent - and yet, he "tells the truth," etc.

It should be mentioned that these Affirmations are not complete - that there are more. More from 1946, and - apparently - more from the 1930s. Before any of this was known, by way of the reading into the court record of sections of the Affirmations, L. Ron Hubbard Jr. had commented that his father used self-hypnosis and Affirmation-type short statements, repeated to himself through a sound-recorder, to boost his self-confidence. Ron Jr. also added that his father would sometimes combine drug use with these Affirmation-phrases. Both assertions were ridiculed as crazy by Scientologists, who knew that the founder of Scientology couldn't possibly have practiced self-hypnosis or have taken drugs.

One Affirmation omitted from this partial list of Affirmations is, "All men shall be your slaves. All women shall succumb to your charms. All Mankind shall grovel at your feet and not know why."

Another Affirmation that didn't make into this incomplete list is, "It doesn't give me displeasure to hear of a virgin being raped. The lot of women is to be fornicated."

One that did make into this collection is, "You can be merciless when your will is crossed, and you have the right to be merciless."

Hubbard, however, does not see himself as anything but true and noble. "You are light and you are good. You have the wisdom of all and never doubt your wisdom."

He adds, "You have magnificent power but you are humble and calm and patient in that power. For you control all forces under you as you wish."

And, then, "Men are your slaves."

And, "Your writing has a deep hypnotic effect on people and they are always pleased with what you write."

"Your psychology is advanced and true and wonderful. It hypnotizes people. It predicts their emotions, for you are their ruler."

Scientology Inc.'s settlement agreement with Gerry Armstrong was a "global settlement." (It involved many separate cases, where any one person refusing to settle would derail the agreement for all others, thus imposing a form of duress on each person, who knew that others, often in debt to friends and family, having hospital bills, mortgages, etc. were in need of the funds from a settlement). Armstrong, under pressure of this "global settlement," agreed to the terms of 11 December 1986:

In essence, he was expected to remain silent on all things having to do with L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology. The agreement also specifically stipulated the return of "All originals and copies of documents commonly known as the 'Affirmations' written by L. Ron Hubbard."

Omar Garrison, Hubbard's official biographer - whom Armstrong had assisted - also signed a similar agreement.

Scientology Inc. took possession of Hubbard's 'Affirmations', which are more extensive than those currently available on the Net as the (1946) 'Admissions'. However, there were "leaks," as copies of the 'Affirmations' had been made by individuals not involved with the settlement, prior to the settlement, and are now "out there," and are (in part) currently available on the Net.

Scientology has the complete existing record of Hubbard's 'Affirmations' which, apparently, date from the 1930s through the late 1940s, and has no intention of allowing anyone to see them.

Hopefully, in time, more of these leaked 'Affirmations' will become available.

The content of Hubbard's 'Affirmations' is, of course, problematic for Scientology, however, there's more - It opens the door to two areas that Scientology Inc. considers dangerous to Hubbard's image: That Hubbard practiced self-hypnosis, and that Hubbard used drugs, notably psycho-active pharmaceutical drugs, much of his life, before and after 1950.

From Judge Breckenridge, summer 1984:

"As indicated by its factual findings, the court finds the testimony of Gerald and Joycelyn Armstrong, Laurel Sullivan...Omar Garrison, Kima Douglas, and Homer Shomer to be credible, extremely persuasive... In all critical and important matters their testimony was precise, accurate and rang true...

"The organization clearly is schizophrenic and paranoid, and this bizarre combination seems to be a reflection of its founder LRH. The evidence portrays a man who has been virtually a pathological liar...

"The writings and documents in evidence additionally reflect his egotism, greed, avarice, lust for power, and vindictiveness and aggressiveness against persons perceived by him to be disloyal or hostile.

"At the same time it appears that he is charismatic and highly capable of motivating, organizing, controlling, manipulating, and inspiring his adherents..."

at3ist

Patron with Honors
so your saying that his wife program him without his approval or just that she help him program himself

JustanotherEX

Patron with Honors

at3ist, you touch on something here that may bring out an interesting aspect of affirmations and Hubbard himself.

If you read the info I posted on affirmations.

You need to think on something. Look at it again and see how much emphasis is placed on being positive. It looks like you noticed it already.

That information and view of the subject came from one who seems to be a "Soldier of The Light".

Remove the positive aspects and you get the view of a "Soldier of The Darkness".

Hubbard only formed his affirmations incorrectly from the view of those who "follow the light path".

It was a very shocking moment for me when I read his affirmations!

Here is what I know that more should. For one who follows the dark path, ALL are "fair game", can be lied to, tricked, deprived of property, etc. We are all just pawns to be used by one who wishes to be the "master". Power and wealth for their own sake would probably be seen as good things by such people.

Certainly, at the time he devised his affirmations, he was likely a scoundrel of grand magnitude! Did he carry on in that manner when he designed Scientology? I know what I think, but each must look to the cold policies that followed behind that which has been presented as beneficial and make their own conclusions.

And tell me, what sort truly prospers high in the church, the Soldier of Light, or the Soldier of Dark? Look at who prospers and I suspect you will see who it was made by and for.

(Oh, incidentally at3ist, concocting an affirmation that is completely impossible is just dumb. Really. I doubt that anyone trying to use the method seriously would waste energy like that.)

Last edited:

at3ist

Patron with Honors
hey, no when i was saying that he was using affirmations wrong it was in the sense of the method in itself, not the intentions anyone have, affirmation must be stated in the positive, you must say what you want, not what you dont want, as hubard did with most of the affirmations

example

i am mercilles i enjoy doing evil

in this one the method is correct, the intentions is sick, i was talking about the method in itself, not hubbard intentions, which was good intention from his perspective, but he was stating wrong the affirmations

You have no urge to talk about your navy life

he was stating what he dont want, insted of what he want, our subcousious dont get the no, so you end up doing the oposite, like he did, he lie and lie and lie

im not saying thats the reason for him being fuck up, and why he end, how he did, i just recognice that pattern in most of his affirmations

and for his intentions, i agree with you, he was highly selfish man, being selfish is a good thing if you dont hurt others, but that was all that he did,

he never learn how to do the things the rigth way (for what ive have read), even if it was easier to do it the rigth way, he do it, with the tricky way, i mean if he put his teaching and be open to evebody to see his teaching, and not be so upthigh he would do better, but as you say he was a soldier of the darkness, and dont know better, so he end up trap in that way of doing things and in this affirmations we see that clear, we see what he wanted, hence what he lacks, and how he wanted to attain what he lacks, by tricks as affirmations, that are usefull but dont give you real grow, we know even that he used drugs as means to gain confidence, and power, which do, but again is no real confidence, its just a trick, but hey he did as he please, i can not argue that. he was a very, higly willed (that word exist?)man, we can not argue that, drugs gives that, meths and stuff make people focus, but destroy them as well

JustanotherEX

Patron with Honors
I wasn't arguing at3ist. Just giving additional info.

If Hubbard was pursuing the "dark path"? Then he could use affirmations in any way he liked. For that sort of person, being "positive" is quite optional.

That is all I was pointing out.

Peace, man.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Ron *was* a 'black magician', or, wanted to be. He did his 'affirmations' exactly like he wanted to.

I've suggested this before, but, I'll suggest it again. Ron wanted to conjure a demon, and did. It ate him. Ron is gone, the demon he conjured is still here; it's called Scientology.

Zinj

at3ist

Patron with Honors
If Hubbard was pursuing the "dark path"? Then he could use affirmations in any way he liked. For that sort of person, being "positive" is quite optional.

im not arguing man, belive me :D , im all peace, but i think that you are not duplicating me, if youre dark path as you call it, and you want to make and affirmation about being evil, you must state the affirmation for what you want,

i mean if you want to be evil, you say

i want to be evil (rigth way to state an affirmation)

and not

i dont want to be good (wrong way), if you do it this way, wanting to be evil, it will backfire, cuz in reality youre programing yourself to be good, cuz your mind dont get the no

im just stating technical stuff about affirmations wich are commmonly used in NLP

I've suggested this before, but, I'll suggest it again. Ron wanted to conjure a demon, and did. It ate him. Ron is gone, the demon he conjured is still here; it's called Scientology

hey man, is was going to talk about that, its called a gollum, its kind of and entity you conjure in order to fullfill a wish, but it always turns agains you if you dont liberate it when it does his work, that meaning ron did that wrong too, cuz you are suppoused to liberate the demon :duh:

Hatshepsut

Crusader
On an even darker path

lI deleted the vid to another thread more appropriate about a staged second coming.

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
Ron *was* a 'black magician', or, wanted to be. He did his 'affirmations' exactly like he wanted to.

I've suggested this before, but, I'll suggest it again. Ron wanted to conjure a demon, and did. It ate him. Ron is gone, the demon he conjured is still here; it's called Scientology.

Zinj

In late 1975, L. Ron Hubbard may have secretly flown into southern California to, briefly, look over his recently acquired properties. This was before he panicked, fleeing Clearwater, and headed to New York by car. Having trouble breathing on the New Jersey Turnpike, his car turned back to Washington, DC, where Hubbard lived for a few months, putting the finishing touches on "OP Freak Out' (part 2).

There is a disturbing affidavit, re. the time just after he would have completed the 'New Vitality Rundown' lectures, in Florida, a time when he appears to have been quite confident, and a time when he may have come full circle on the 'Babalon (sic) Working' of thirty years earlier.

An excerpt from this affidavit:

http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/hubbard-the-rapist-forrester.htm

Scientology was a completed subject by 1975. A personality cult with front groups, with (sometimes beneficial) mental-healing, with "well grooved in" staff members, with Sea Org, with a de-facto slave labor force, with amoral money-getting, black-mail-collecting, money-laundering, bribe and hush-money-dispensing, Intelligence-gathering, covert attacking and infiltrating.

Hubbard's personality cult, with plans to have his name engraved in Steel and Titanium and preserved "forever," was close to being a "finished product"; and this entire operation was protected by (supposedly) smooth talking PR people, who could (supposedly) manipulate the "Wogs" and even some "SPs," if not into agreeing, at least into docility.

Could Hubbard have held a private ceremony, recognizing this "success"?

Merman

Patron
Do you guys think it's legit?

I'm 50/50 on it. Could a handwritten original of this ever come out?

What do you think is the best piece of evidence to support the verification of this document's legitimacy?

Last edited:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Do you guys think it's legit?

I'm 50/50 on it. Could a handwritten original of this ever come out?

What do you think is the best piece of evidence to support the verification of this document's legitimacy?

That the 'Church' claimed that Gerry *stole* the documents and spent millions trying to shut him up.

Zinj

Veda

Sponsor
The 11 December 1986 settlement agreement went out of its way to specifically stipulate the return of "All originals and copies of documents commonly known as the 'Affirmations' written by L. Ron Hubbard."

Omar Garrison, Hubbard's official biographer - whom Armstrong had assisted - also witnessed the 'Affirmations'.

Scientology has demonstrated - in court transcripts and also the final 'settlement' agreement - both knowledge of, and extreme concern for, the 'Affirmations'.

On the subject of the secretive side of Scientology, one might also ask, "Was Hubbard really a drug user?" Are the court documents demonstrating his drug use, or the testimony of many highly placed former Scientologists regarding that drug use, to be believed?

Did Hubbard really write those bizarre letters to the FBI in the 1950s?

In 1955, did he actually dictate the content of what he called the "Russian Textbook on Psycho-politics" into a tape recorder, have it transcribed, try to pass it off as an actual Russian document, and then, a few years later, begin to implement its ideas and practices (covertly) on his own followers?

And did Hubbard really write the March 1965 'Fair Game Law' that condoned theft, arson and first degree murder on "anti-Scientologists"?

Did he really have children placed in the chain locker of his "Flagship," of which he had became the 'Commodore"?

Did he really tell his inner circle, in his own private spying and covert 'dirty tricks' organization, that his 2nd wife was a Russian spy whose name was Komkovadamanov?

Did he really develop an elaborate "tech" for "handling" and destroying his "enemies"?

Did he really establish a (re-education) "rehabilitation" system to ensure compliance amongst "Sea Org" members, and as a source of cheap labor?

Was he really obsessed with preserving his name and "image" for thousands of years? And did he establish legal trusts in an attempt to ensure that would occur?

And it goes on from there.

In comparison, the 'Affirmations' are pretty mild.

Veda

Sponsor
I'd never read that, where is it?

'Intelligence Actions, Covert Intelligence Data Collection', 2 December 1969. This is a good re-type of the 'Information [Intelligence] Full Hat' Checksheet, but this particular document is mis-dated as 25 April 68 on the Checksheet by whomever typed it. If you click the link under that date, (#11) titled 'Intelligence Actions', on page 6 of the Checksheet, under "Part A -Investigation," it will bring up a not very readable scan of the document.

http://www.xenu.net/archive/go/ic_conts.htm

This is a better scan:

2nd page, 10th paragraph down:

http://www.lisamcpherson.org/scans/GO_intel_actions_1969.pdf

The document is also on the 'Covert Ops Checksheet', and other confidential Scientology Checksheets.

Merman

Patron
The 11 December 1986 settlement agreement went out of its way to specifically stipulate the return of "All originals and copies of documents commonly known as the 'Affirmations' written by L. Ron Hubbard."

Omar Garrison, Hubbard's official biographer - whom Armstrong had assisted - also witnessed the 'Affirmations'.

Scientology has demonstrated - in court transcripts and also the final 'settlement' agreement - both knowledge of, and extreme concern for, the 'Affirmations'.

Any links to these things? Vids or dox?