What's new

Hello Hello

Carmel

Crusader
<snipped for brevity>
You'll never know how many people you have touched.

Thanks.
Well, "hello hello", Cherished, and right back at YOU. :)

We 'exes' are so thankful for what Anon has done and is doing - it's activity has opened doors to 'freedom' and peace at heart, for so many. :thumbsup:

A big welcome to ESMB - We are pleased to have you here, and appreciate your support. :D

Hello.

I have considered possibly being involved in the forum here but, am not real clear on what your “group” actually is.
Hi 3rdRock, welcome to this place, where a very fine bunch of individuals (with very diverse opinions), 'meet', share, love and support one another....simply because there is or can be much gain from doing so, and it's enjoyable (most of the time, anyway).

I would certainly enjoy being a part of a true group where communication is open and honest, and where people can all learn from each other, and help each other.
This is a group like that. :yes:

But, I definitely do not consider myself an “ex-scientologist”, per se. I consider myself an ex-member-of-what-is-currently-being-called-the-church-of-scientology-but-is-the-total-opposite-of-what-I-know-to-be-true-up-until-about-1979/80 (at the mission I was at, anyway)-and-WHEW!-am-I-ever-grateful-that-I-had-excellent-standard-basic-training-and-auditing-up-until-then…
You're not alone on this......but hey, look at the number of words it took to describe what you consider yourself, versus the number of words it took to say "ex scientologist" - it's just a label, and one with several definitions.

To me, an "ex scientologist" refers to everybody and anybody who has ever 'pledged' allegiance to Scn and the CofS, but has now withdrawn it, to whatever degree - whether from the CofS only or Scn itself as well.

After seeing where the 'church' is at and withdrawing that previous allegiance, wherever one sits in regard to Scn, one is sure to find people of like mind here on ESMB. The different perspectives here are valuable - I hope you stick around and avail yourself of them, and what's on offer here. :thumbsup:

All the best, 3rdRock. :)

justaguy

Patron Meritorious
I am someone who has a lot to say. But I haven't been able until now to register here. It felt to me as if what was happening during that time in particular was almost sacred. I still feel that way. I think I won't post much here, but I want you to know just how powerful it is that you have allowed your stories to be shared with the world. You'll never know how many people you have touched.

Thanks.

This is how I felt when I signed up. This place is something purty amazing on the old interwebs, and I almost just wanted to watch it happen. But the problem with lurking in a place like this is eventually you feel the urge to post, and then it all goes downhill forever and you've totally profaned the sacred ground :nervous: :p

Well, "hello hello", Cherished, and right back at YOU. :)

We 'exes' are so thankful for what Anon has done and is doing - it's activity has opened doors to 'freedom' and peace at heart, for so many. :thumbsup:

A big welcome to ESMB - We are pleased to have you here, and appreciate your support. :D

Hi 3rdRock, welcome to this place, where a very fine bunch of individuals (with very diverse opinions), 'meet', share, love and support one another....simply because there is or can be much gain from doing so, and it's enjoyable (most of the time, anyway).

This is a group like that. :yes:

You're not alone on this......but hey, look at the number of words it took to describe what you consider yourself, versus the number of words it took to say "ex scientologist" - it's just a label, and one with several definitions.

To me, an "ex scientologist" refers to everybody and anybody who has ever 'pledged' allegiance to Scn and the CofS, but has now withdrawn it, to whatever degree - whether from the CofS only or Scn itself as well.

After seeing where the 'church' is at and withdrawing that previous allegiance, wherever one sits in regard to Scn, one is sure to find people of like mind here on ESMB. The different perspectives here are valuable - I hope you stick around and avail yourself of them, and what's on offer here. :thumbsup:

All the best, 3rdRock. :)

Well, well, well…

First off, I sincerely apologize for my own misunderstanding on how the reply format works for this forum. And, I was tired, and it was late (justifications..) :redface:

I had had attention on getting in comm here for some time, and the time seemed right, even though I knew I had a very long and full day ahead of me (yesterday). This is the first chance I have had to come check back.

With my “job”, large family, our household, extra-cirrucular activites which are important to me and others, and there being only 24 hours to a day, I simply wasn’t paying enough attention. I take full responsibililty for any misunderstandings that I may have created.

I feel like a total dork that I responded inappropriately to a comment that wasn’t meant for me. (But, if it had been… I wouldn’t change a word of it:eyeroll: )

Per the responses that I have gotten so far, I see that there are some very decent beings here and hope that my initial purpose will see fruition.

Sincerely,
3rdRockTenant

Hello,

The point about people not usually wanting to identify themselves as something they used to be but are not now........

So why would they want to call themselves an "ex -scientologist?"

One reason is that the COS has been effective at making people shut up and suffer alone -because they were DISCONNECTED from friends. This has often been after heavy actions such as "gang bang sec checking" blackmail using confidential confessional information etc.
So.......some want to show the COS that there is a large group of people who are now EX scios. Ex scios are supoosed to not really exist. They are supposed to be so cowered and disconnected that nobody really sees them.
EX SCIENTOLOGISTS KNOW ALL ABOUT SCIENTOLOGY so when THEY speak about scientology (bad PR) then that is dangerous for the COS.
There is a strategic reason there.

Others may want to find other EX scientologists because they need to unscamble their mind after it has been fucked with - sometimes for the person's entire lifetime. They need to find an EX scientologist. They may think that non ex scientologists would not identify enough to understand them.
Others want to help those people.

And about that "jam" LRH talked about....the longer people lived on that stuff the more it seemed to poison people. Smaller samples tasted much sweeter.

Okay. You explained that very well. Thank you. In all honesty, I am not in that particular category of ex-scientologist, so really did not understand the distinction. I appreciate your candidness, and viewpoint. I see a new perspective of what people here may all have in common. (including ME!)

As I stated, I feel that I was very fortunate to have been involved in a different "Scientology" than what many others since have been involved in. I am well aware of how this philosophy and technology can be used as a WEAPON, instead of a pro-survival tool... I am also very aware of the information imparted by LRH concerning this possibility.

I truly empathize with you, and anyone else who has ever been damaged, in ANY way, by what has taken place over this past couple of decades or so, in regards to the COS. I tell you... this is NOT what Scientology was supposed to be about. Quite the contrary. I believe this runs much deeper than some of you know, and that some of you are mis-targeting. You may be actually being used, as tools, and don't even realize it. The deviousness of what has atually gone on is a heavy thing to confront... and, I will say no more, for now.

The "thing in the jam jar" had something to do with what IS (truth), as far as how I interpreted it. Something like Shakespeare's "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet..."

In other words, it doesn't matter what kind of LABEL you put on something, it does not change what the thing IS. So, maybe you misunderstood my reference..?

Your response was enlightening. thank you. :)

. . . and also :welcome: 3rdrocktenant!!!

Yes, of course you are welcome here! There are several people here who feel much like you do. You will have to put up with some HE&R and some LRH bashing here, as I'm sure you can imagine. But this forum is for the most part a great place for a free exchange of ideas. It's a great place to look at what's there and align your own thoughts.

Glad you are here,
:)TL

How very gracious and classy of you. :rose:

Your response means a lot to me.

Patricia Curtis

Patron with Honors
Say whaaaat..?!

Is there a moderator for this forum, as per your own guidelines?

the “s” word? (to substitute for lack of actual literacy…)

Assumption that I am a girl because I used a feminine example to try to easily illustrate a point, in order to get a question answered? What… do you like to pick on girls, or something?

“tough girl needs a tissue..?” where on earth in my introduction did you come up with THAT evaluation? Where the heck are you coming from?! With all due respect, you seem to be seeing things that aren’t there…

“nothing to see here” “move along”…?? Why? Because YOU say so? I cannot COUNT the times I have seen those exact words from trolls and disinfo agents and scabs all over the internet boards. Do you happen to have an origination of your own that you can throw at me?

I’m waiting…

And, of all of the bazillions of quotes available that you could have used, you basically chose one that agreed with the information in my post about applying the Doubt Formula (good for you) but with the intention of attempting to make myself, and others, WRONG.

I’ll bet you didn’t even read my entire post before your shorts started knotting up, did you?

I don’t know what you consider yourself to be a “patron” of, but so far you sure aren’t a patron of anything in MY universe.

Your unjustified venom and disrespect is making you, and others, ill. Knock it off.

Sorry we got off on the wrong foot, 3RT. I was just being a ninnie about the Cherished post - and - what's really funny is that I can see how my post must have come across to you juxtaposed in the line-up such as it was. I like your spunk, girl. We good.

3rd rock - oops - there is a complete misunderstanding here.
What Resistance is saying is the opposite - that she is the tough gal reaching for a tissue because she is so touched. "Nothing to see here, move along" is a sort of internet thing that's hard to explain. Tough girl crying...don't look.

Chill...it's ok, you are not being attacked!

thank you for the explanation. Ooops on my part. Those MU's will get you everytime, won't they?

"nothing to see here" "move along" sounds very dismissive and insulting. But, maybe that's just me...

Whatever. I learned something new. So, thank you for that.

If I came off as being attacked, it was because of my own lack of understanding here. I hope that I did not inadvertantly offend anyone.

Sincereness

Sorry we got off on the wrong foot, 3RT. I was just being a ninnie about the Cherished post - and - what's really funny is that I can see how my post must have come across to you juxtaposed in the line-up such as it was. I like your spunk, girl. We good.

When you're right, you're right.

Yeah... we be good :dancer:

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Happy Girl. If you're interested, there is a series of three videos prepared early in 2008 documenting the first three months of protests. They are absolutely brilliant. The first one is here: The Road to February 10 (Remember, Remember) Feb 12 was in honour of Lisa McPherson.
Onward - Road to March 15 (Party Hard)
Road to April 12 (Operation: Reconnect)

And a fourth that Pelvidar made which is different to the other three, although he titled it in sequence: Road to May 10
Thanks! But those links no longer work. :no:

:welcome: 3RT!

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
thank you for the explanation. Ooops on my part. Those MU's will get you everytime, won't they?

"nothing to see here" "move along" sounds very dismissive and insulting. But, maybe that's just me...

Whatever. I learned something new. So, thank you for that.

If I came off as being attacked, it was because of my own lack of understanding here. I hope that I did not inadvertantly offend anyone.

Sincereness

It's a term Anonymous seems to use a lot....hopefully one can explain it better than me! I sort of take it like when you have an incident, and the police say to the crowd "move along, nothing to see here". And a tough gal crying is such an incident! :D That's how I see it anyway. Learning every day myself...it's just that I know Resistance (she's not an ex) and she is so beautiful...you know, gooey inside but don't tell the world! :coolwink: