What's new

Nashville Assault: Epic update!

3rdman

Patron
Oh there will be talking to their attorneys. I look forward to seeing how they blunder in their defense for violating several regs and laws.

doinkdoink.jpg

Anonymous will be watching, like a hawk.

Hatshepsut

Crusader
NASHVILLE MAY CONSIDER ITSELF PROGRESSIVE BUT IT DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BELIEFS HELD BY SCIENTOLOGISTS AND THAT THE ORGS WILL RECRUIT ACTIVELY THEIR CHILDREN. GIVE IT TIME TO SINK IN. :yes:

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
When it "sinks in"...

NASHVILLE MAY CONSIDER ITSELF PROGRESSIVE BUT IT DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BELIEFS HELD BY SCIENTOLOGISTS AND THAT THE ORGS WILL RECRUIT ACTIVELY THEIR CHILDREN. GIVE IT TIME TO SINK IN. :yes:

They (Nashvillians) will be mortally offended and moved to action...or I'm not a bona fide ETHICS PARTICLE! :whistling:

EXorcised

Patron
http://www.wsmv.com/news/19398540/detail.html

News Broadcast video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoQGI14EkSA

Laws Broken In Scientology Church Security
Permits Expired, Officers Not Identified As Off-Duty

There are problems with how security for a Nashville Scientology event was handled, and laws appear to have been broken.

In a home video, a group of protesters walk toward the Church of Scientology on the day of the church's grand opening and are stopped by security guards, who knock one protester to the ground and have him arrested for criminal trespass.

The altercation happened 400 yards from the church, on the other side of the street.

Public Works pulled all of the permits taken out for the Scientology event. The permits -- all of them for sidewalk closing and lane blocking -- are for the wrong day. They're for the day before the event and expire before the scuffle occurred.

In addition, three of the five security guards were off-duty Spring Hill police officers working in Nashville, which can only be done if local police are notified and officers are wearing uniforms clearly identifying them as off-duty police officers.

"The armed people from the other county are not identified police officers," said John M. L. Brown. "You're looking for a problem."

Brown, a Fraternal Order of Police attorney, has been defending police officers for 32 years. He said he finds the officers' actions hard to defend.

"Nashville's a capital city, and there are protests in Nashville with some frequency," he said. "I don't think that mentioning a bologna sandwich is a recognized law enforcement tactic."

The security firm hired by the Church of Scientology was Hayes Security on Gallatin Road. A representative of the firm said that the matter is being turned over to its attorneys.

Original video of the whole assault: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjDcpyF7wIA

Liveing south of the Cumberland river gives me a slight edge in this matter. Not to cut on the south, but there are frequent arrests, of officers of the law in Tennessee for a long list of efforts to userp their authority, in as many ways as you can imagine, but more often than not its a money motive. I`ve been on the recieving end of cops working a moonlight security gig. I`m not at all shocked at the behavior of these Springhill cops.( I just had to do that to SPRINGHILL). They love it ...the notoriety yu know? My guess is they didn`t take kindly in the first place, to the bomb threats,...NOT. So absent any real violations of the law, They jumped the guy, dragged him inside, and arrested him for being there. Had he not gone inside, against his will, haveing been taken hostage, they probably wouldn`t have arrested him. If that sounds a little OT, it`s because I only recently escaped Xenus cult. But I think its damned good advice. Anon should not enter the properties of LRH`s gang ...even if they are beaten and dragged there. God I hope these kind of remarks aren`t heard from the judge that hears this case. If so , we are in deep ....:grouch:

God bless the Anons present on that fateful day. :thumbsup:

DCAnon

Silver Meritorious Patron
Liveing south of the Cumberland river gives me a slight edge in this matter. Not to cut on the south, but there are frequent arrests, of officers of the law in Tennessee for a long list of efforts to userp their authority, in as many ways as you can imagine, but more often than not its a money motive. I`ve been on the recieving end of cops working a moonlight security gig. I`m not at all shocked at the behavior of these Springhill cops.( I just had to do that to SPRINGHILL). They love it ...the notoriety yu know? My guess is they didn`t take kindly in the first place, to the bomb threats,...NOT. So absent any real violations of the law, They jumped the guy, dragged him inside, and arrested him for being there. Had he not gone inside, against his will, haveing been taken hostage, they probably wouldn`t have arrested him. If that sounds a little OT, it`s because I only recently escaped Xenus cult. But I think its damned good advice. Anon should not enter the properties of LRH`s gang ...even if they are beaten and dragged there. God I hope these kind of remarks aren`t heard from the judge that hears this case. If so , we are in deep ....:grouch:

God bless the Annons present on that fateful day. :thumbsup:

If it's any consolation, the Anons are doing well. He's seen a doctor, he's getting lots of love from his Anonygirlfriend, and there's tons of support for all of them in Nashville. They're in really high spirits and not even a little bit intimidated. Plus, he's just a downright nice guy on top of all that. :yes:

And welcome to ESMB! Glad to have ya, southern ex!

EXorcised

Patron
They (Nashvillians) will be mortally offended and moved to action...or I'm not a bona fide ETHICS PARTICLE! :whistling:

When I first busted out, I needed someone to tell, you know the feeling. So I called the church, and told them what I had learned, inside and out and that they were comeing.... The church didn`t understand, so I hope at some point, they are mortaly offended...in a good way. I was most fearful for the children, who will be the easiest marks, and who may lose their very souls, in the way that Dianetics acomplishes that. I still feel bad for the ones on the inside who don`t have a clue. Damned if they didn`t come close to lobotomizing me. To MY credit I must have been of high IQ going in...NAH, God saved my butt. :)

Hey, after I had decided to get out, I googled, and who do you think met me there? Thats right...ANONYMOUS, and they had in their possesion, the truth. THANK YOU ALL. Thank you for giving me back my self, and giving me a whole bunch of reasons not to go back. They are scary little freaks, YES? :yes:

Blue Spirit

BIG SETTLEMENT ON THE WAY !

After seeing that video I'd say a $100,000 settlement minimum is on the way !

Go for a jury trial on a civil suit also and that should be a major win for
Anon protestors everywhere !!

Cops are often such robots. :angry:

Feral

Rogue male
I couldn't be happier to see the CofS blow such a big hole in their foot and get such 'positive' media on the day of their 'ideal org' opening.

The thing is, this is truly what Scientology is like.

Hope you like your 'ideal org' Nashville, it is a gift from the parishioners of Nashville to the coffers of the CofS international management, only they don't know it.

NonScio

Patron Meritorious
Did you notice on that wrong dated permit it said
"Church of SCIENCETOLOGY"

That's another technacality too isn't it?

I noticed that too! Maybe the guards thought they were protecting
a bunch of long haired professors attending some sort of scientific
synposium rather than a weirdo cult?

ScudMuffin

I'm wondering if this could result in a shutdown of a security firm, anyone know if this is possible?

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I'm wondering if this could result in a shutdown of a security firm, anyone know if this is possible?

Not unless they go bankrupt. The Security Company itself would be unlikely to face criminal prosecution, since it's unlikely that they *instructed* their employees to violate the law. I'm not sure what licensing they're required to have, if any. The 'security guards' themselves might well face criminal prosecution. The *Company* however would be civilly liable for the behavior of their employees, as well as the 'Church' itself and the guards individually.

There's no telling what criminal charges the 'Church' could face, if a local prosecutor cared to file charges. False Arrest? Conspiracy to commit battery? Conspiracy to violate the civil rights of both the attacked anon and the others who were 'assaulted' (which doesn't actually require physical violence.) Filing a false report?

And, IANAL
Zinj