What's new

Must read for all scientologists

justaguy

Patron Meritorious
This is something from over at ask the scientologist. It is definitely worth reading for everybody in the Church of Scientology.
-----
A Scientologist's Golden Age of Integrity Drills

Today, Scientologists are often asked to violate their personal integrity, to do something that just doesn't feel right, for the “good of the group”. This is just about always in direct violation of LRH Policies, Bulletins and other instructions.

The following drills have been created to help the Scientologist defend his or her personal integrity.

1. You are talking to the Registrar and the Registrar asks you to pay for your next book sets, auditing intensives or courses. However, you do not have enough money in the bank for this and all your normal living expenses.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

Don't buy the books, intensives or courses.
(“Sorry, I don't have money for that right now” or similar wording.)

Reference: HCOPL 3 JUNE 1959 - FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT

The basic principle of financial management is a simple one, income must be greater than outgo. -- L. Ron Hubbard

2. The Reg tells you to “Put it on your credit card” or asks you how much “room” you have on your credit cards.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

Do not go into debt!
("Sorry, LRH financial policy forbids me from going into debt." or similar wording.)

Reference: HCOPL 3 JUNE 1959 - FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT

Amongst the principles of financial management are these: One cannot spend money unless he has it. Never contract bills or debts unless the money is immediately in sight to pay them. -- L. Ron Hubbard

3. The Reg tells you, “Get the idea more money is 'in sight' – and charge it”.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

Do not go into debt!
("I'm real sorry, but that violates LRH Policy" or similar wording.)

Reference: HCOPL 2 JUNE 1959 – A COMMENT ON FINANCE

I don't run up bills if I don't have money. I spend money freely only when it has been made and is in the bank [emphasis added]. -- L. Ron Hubbard

4. The Reg tells you, “Purpose is senior to Policy.” and tells you to violate LRH Policy and go into debt to purchase the books, intensives or courses.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

Do not go into debt!
("Excuse me, but, in Scientology, someone else's purpose is not senior to LRH's policy! LRH policies align perfectly with his purposes!"
or
“Listen, if LRH Policy interferes with you accomplishing your purposes, may I suggest that it isn't LRH that needs to change?” or similar wording.)

Reference: HCOPL 10 JULY 1986 – Keeping Admin Working

Neither tech nor policy admit interpretation, alteration or "new ideas" generated by the bank. Bright, constructive application of exact principles, yes. Embellishment and know-best, never. -- L. Ron Hubbard

5. The Reg, or someone else from the org insists that you give them money for the org's “Ideal Org” Campaign.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

Do not give money to projects that explicitly violate what LRH says.
("I'm sorry, but that isn't what LRH says to do" or similar wording.)

Reference: Tape 31 DECEMBER 1960 – The Genus of Scientology

We own a tremendous amount of property. We own a tremendous amount of material, and so forth. And it keeps growing. But that's not important.

When buildings get important to us, for God's sake, some of you born revolutionists, will you please blow up central headquarters. If someone had put some H.E. [high explosives] under the Vatican long ago, Catholicism might still be going.

Don't get interested in real estate. Don't get interested in the masses of buildings, because that's not important. -- L. Ron Hubbard

6. The Reg, or someone else, insists that you give them money for some other “bright idea” fund raiser – the IAS, Library Campaign, CCHR, Building Fund, Planetary Dissemination, etc.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

Do not give money to Scientology “fund raisers”.
("I'm sorry, but this explicitly violates LRH Policy" or similar wording.)

Reference: HCOPL 24 FEBRUARY 1964 – Urgent - Org Programming

If the Org slumps: Don't engage in "fund raising" or "selling postcards" or borrowing money.

Just make more income with Scientology.

It's a sign of very poor management to seek extraordinary solutions for finance outside Scientology. It has always failed.

For Orgs as for pcs "Solve it With Scientology".

Every time I myself have sought to solve finance or personnel in other ways than Scientology I have lost out. So I can tell you from experience that Org solvency lies in More Scientology, not patented combs or fund raising Barbecues. -- L. Ron Hubbard

7. The Reg, or someone else, demands fund-raising money from you because “You owe it to Ron!”

WHAT DO YOU DO?

Do not give money to Scientology for bogus “reasons”.
("Ron specifically said that he didn't want more money, so if he were still around, he would never be asking me for more money." or similar wording.)

References:

HCOPL 21 DEC 1965 – LRH FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIPS TO ORGS
This does not mean I want money. I spend my money on behalf of Scientology one way or another anyway. -- L. Ron Hubbard

HCOPL 2 JUNE 1959 – A COMMENT ON FINANCE
I am not parasitic on the organization. I always make many times the amount I may spend on hybrid horned toads with pink ribbons for the front hall. --L. Ron Hubbard

Scientologists need to drill these until they can smoothly and easily retain their personal integrity despite all the off-Source pressure to do otherwise.

In this battle, LRH is on your side.
------
To see the original, go to askthescientologist.blogspot.com

(if this would go better in another forum, please move it there)

The Clam

Patron with Honors
Nice Post.
I have used the above thru out my time in Scn , never borrowed one dime I could pay back in a week or so. If I was being regged and didn't have the dough I would state the fact and begin f=== with him/her if they persisted.
One time while being regged by IAS at flag he told me I was a big thetan ,what ever thats means and I retorted No I am a DB and can't make it go right ,bitting my lip for keep from laughing. Make a long story short. At the end of the reg cycle I reached into my pocket pull out 25 cent handed it to him told him this was all could afford and he need to get the rest from the bigger beings.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Nice Post.
I have used the above thru out my time in Scn , never borrowed one dime I could pay back in a week or so. If I was being regged and didn't have the dough I would state the fact and begin f=== with him/her if they persisted.
One time while being regged by IAS at flag he told me I was a big thetan ,what ever thats means and I retorted No I am a DB and can't make it go right ,bitting my lip for keep from laughing. Make a long story short. At the end of the reg cycle I reached into my pocket pull out 25 cent handed it to him told him this was all could afford and he need to get the rest from the bigger beings.

Gosh I wish I could have been that "insouciant" about it!! I was so darned serious. My whole agonized future depended on my being a big being; and I hung onto that like crazy. Cost me a BUNCH of money.

Way to go Clam! I'll be they had no idea what to do with that!

:)TL

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
A Scientologist's Golden Age of Integrity Drills

Today, Scientologists are often asked to violate their personal integrity, to do something that just doesn't feel right, for the “good of the group”. This is just about always in direct violation of LRH Policies, Bulletins and other instructions.

The following drills have been created to help the Scientologist defend his or her personal integrity.

Great post Justaguy! I tried to tell them this kind of thing. I used to ask them why I should go into debt when LRH won't let the Orgs go into debt. . .but I wasn't armed with references and they walked all over me. This is very valuable information.

-TL

pollywannacracker

Patron Meritorious
Widh I had the references handy too when I was being regged nonstop. Would've loved to see their faces after being spouting polices and references.

Now I think I finally realize why I was made to feel guilty when I said I wasn't going to go into debt - even for scientolgoy. Duh! It is just the money!!!!

Wonderful post that gave me some incredible cognitions!

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
GREAT POST

Excellent, excellent post and so very true, justaguy.

Greed took over the Church when the 10% monthly increases
started which year I don't recall, but around 1980 + or minus.

A better solution today is to go to the Freezone, but I've even
had trouble there (in L.A.) regarding donations, sad to say.

Veda

Sponsor
Excellent, excellent post and so very true, justaguy.

Greed took over the Church when the 10% monthly increases
started which year I don't recall, but around 1980 + or minus.

A better solution today is to go to the Freezone, but I've even
had trouble there (in L.A.) regarding donations, sad to say.

'Solution to Inflation' was from October 1976.

Goodbye

Patron with Honors
One time while being regged by IAS at flag he told me I was a big thetan ,what ever thats means and I retorted No I am a DB and can't make it go right ,bitting my lip for keep from laughing.
Should you not show up on course because now more working hours are required to pay down your income tax funds the IAS monkey hosed your pocketbook over, Ethics will likely assign you Conditions to handle the situation.

And that's what I used to do with a few lying & dramatizing IAS nickel & dime extractors ... assign them Conditions. After all, they are big thetans, and money is no substitute for being OT and making it happen ... lol

Its amazing how quickly one can make enemies by simply drawing a line in the sand ... lol

Great recommendations by the OP. Have used many of them myself, since the basics of legal machinery can be used quite well here. I personally find myself tiring being in any environment where I am constantly harassed for money and having to make a case to argue and defend myself. This comes under the heading of "Things that shouldn't be".

Before I would ever consider handing over another Buck I'd wanna see the books first. Its supposed to be a commom crusade toward which its members contribute, but when any public check of the finances are seen as "Entheta/Enemy lines", then O-Dubs are clearly at work. I nailed down lying IAS mouthpiece Pomeranz admitting the event theme drama story was simply to pay legal costs libeling a prosecutor, nothing to do with any new supposed Psych initiative which will end the world next Thursday.

The BS is just too thick. Truly unfortunate the tech is monopolized by a corrupt elite organization, but then hunt down those who practice it without their blessings. I laugh at those mid-70's edicts that paint up what defines a "squirrel". If anyone were to practice that which the SCN organizations did 30 years ago, they'd be labeled a squirrel in no time flat. Welcome to the wonderful world of hypocrisy.

Today, Scientologists are often asked to violate their personal integrity, to do something that just doesn't feel right, for the good of the group. This is just about always in direct violation of LRH Policies, Bulletins and other instructions.
The ultimate sabotage of real Ethics ...

By simply forming a group, making up policies and centering ethics & justice around them, is it any wonder that a pc who spends less than 20% of his time in Scientology has 80% of his O/W's pulled off on SCN related infractions. I call this the ultimate O/W trap, and its not just a limited theory, in fact there is no end in sight turning sec check sessions into pure shenanigans... lol

"Oh, the PC is confused about his O-Dubs, well then ... isn't it time you head over to Qual, sign a $ 500 /hr open invoice and brush up your TR & metering skills?"

By appending unqualified responsibility, impending doom & gloom, your org will eat the big one by week's end, etc., etc. ... a PTP is muddied up with O/W's which often won't clean up properly, and sometimes unnecessarily runs the case off in other directions, which of course should have another Reg waiting in the wings to kick you off on yet another CS 53 for the umpteenth time.

An internally generated revenue cow when no one else is coming through the front doors ... lol

Any environment which burdens its User Base to such an extent where many of its members are expected to go over the cliff to meet their supposed organizational obligations, is a suppressive environment indeed.

All too often the new indoctrinee reading over KSW comes across the line something on the order of: "... to live or die in the attempt" ... then feels a little weird about it, then dismisses it as something else, forgets and reads on.

Perhaps it needs to be taken a little more seriously.

Last edited:

justaguy

Patron Meritorious
just to clarify: I didn't write this. the ask a scientologist person did.

I just thought it deserved to be quoted, in its entirety, on this board, and that every scientologist still in needs to read it.