What's new

Drama in Los Angeles

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
surely if 'friends' are acting in this fashion, then one should think about how valuable these 'friends' really are.

In $cientology nobody seems to have heard of unconditional love either.
You only hear of:
"oh yes, well I'm going to grant you beingness on that"

Which actually means they hate your guts and think your'e wrong.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm out, it sounds like they may have been attempting a "strike a blow to the enemy of the group you have been pretending to be a part of".

Maybe they are off trying to wreck someone else's family now.

Glad your daughter stood her ground. :)

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
If these girls got up the bridge some they could then see that their out-ethics was not due to being connected to someone who was connected to someone who had asked for a repayment, but was due to their out-ethics body thetans. :)

Paul

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
ImOut, your daughter just gave you he best mother's day gift there is. :thumbsup:

Yes, she did. She's a wonderful young woman. Hard to write that - I still think of her as my baby. But, she truly is a young woman now - the same age I was when I had her.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow...glad that the drama is over with, you must be proud of her for the way she handled herslef! :thumbsup:

I guess that full moon's workin' people over these last few days tho, huh? :giggle: :p

When we got off the phone last night - I stayed awake to hear from her - I told her I was very proud of the way she handled the situation and that she did a wonderful job.

I'm pretty sure she's done with these "friends". Since that isn't the description of friend that I taught her.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
The more distance I put between me and this crazy cult, the more insane the whole organization seems.

The "why" that the EO has come up with here is so crazy it's unbelievable, yet it's so totally what a "real KSW #1 Scientologist" would come up with.

But that doesn't make any sense in the real world, where that sort of youthful silliness is usually put down to something most people eventually grow out of.

Batshit-crazy cult.

Exactly - "batshit-crazy cult". My daughter nailed it with her comments to me - "think outside the box" and "stop being a sheep".

I'm surprised it wasn't her job that was a problem to them - she's the personal assistant to a Life Coach and they have numerous psychiatrists they work with.

The ironic part is that my daughter called a therapist for herself yesterday - she'd recently gotten a referral. And somehow it would be free for her to see the therapist. LOL!!!

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
surely if 'friends' are acting in this fashion, then one should think about how valuable these 'friends' really are.

In $cientology nobody seems to have heard of unconditional love either.
You only hear of:
"oh yes, well I'm going to grant you beingness on that"

Which actually means they hate your guts and think your'e wrong.

I never heard of "unconditional love" while in.

And "granting of beingness" only seems to be a "line", not a true belief.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
If these girls got up the bridge some they could then see that their out-ethics was not due to being connected to someone who was connected to someone who had asked for a repayment, but was due to their out-ethics body thetans. :)

Paul

I doubt these girls will ever get that far up the bridge. They're young, don't have money and will take decades to pay for the bridge. I don't think they'll ever know about body thetans. LOL!!!!!

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm out, it sounds like they may have been attempting a "strike a blow to the enemy of the group you have been pretending to be a part of".

Maybe they are off trying to wreck someone else's family now.

Glad your daughter stood her ground. :)

Not only did she stand her ground, she didn't hide that she was completely pissed at them for starting this BS. Apparently it started with a text message Thursday night that left her in mystery. They only cleared up the mystery before the meeting, since she refused to meet with them not prepared.

My daughter is no "push over". And she takes no crap from anybody. And I mean anybody. :thumbsup:

owl

Patron with Honors
LOL omg that is so extreme, saying they drink and do drugs and have sex because they know a girl who's mom is an SP, that is so messed up

edit: oh and just curious, does your daughter do that stuff too?

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
LOL omg that is so extreme, saying they drink and do drugs and have sex because they know a girl who's mom is an SP, that is so messed up

edit: oh and just curious, does your daughter do that stuff too?

No, my daughter drinks when she goes out, but she's not a drunk. She tried drugs when she was about 17 and got into a lot of trouble from me - because I found out from someone else and she nearly OD. And she's been with the same guy for nearly 2 years.

I raised her not to be an idiot. And she learned that drugs were a bad thing. And even if she did those things, she's not a Scn, she doesn't have to live by the "rules" of the CofS. Her friends are all on course or at least say they are a Scn.

Well, they definitely had to change their tune once my daughter put them in their place. LOL!!!

Terril park

Sponsor
So, they are BLAMING your daughter being connected to you for their out ethics actions? Maybe your daughter should remind them of where BLAME is on the tone scale and tell them to take responsibility for thier own actions.

The complete violation of the subject of scientology is revealed here.

Responsibility is SOOO important.

Daveys Navy prefers to witch hunt.

Someone pass your daughter the acorns to throw at these people to knock some sense into them.

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tone Scale

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tone_scale

The tone scale is as follows:

40.0 Serenity of beingness
30.0 Postulates
22.0 Games
20.0 Action
8.0 Exhilaration
6.0 Aesthetic
4.0 Enthusiasm
3.5 Cheerfulness
3.3 Strong interest
3.0 Conservatism
2.9 Mild interest
2.8 Contented
2.6 Disinterested
2.5 Boredom
2.4 Monotony
2.2 Depression
2.0 Antagonism
1.9 Hostility
1.8 Pain
1.5 Anger
1.4 Hate
1.3 Resentment
1.2 No sympathy
1.15 Unexpressed resentment
1.1 Covert hostility
1.02 Anxiety
1.0 Fear
0.98 Despair
0.96 Terror
0.94 Numb
0.9 Sympathy
0.8 Propitiation
0.5 Grief
0.375 Making amends
0.3 Undeserving
0.2 Self-abasement
0.1 Victim
0.07 Hopeless
0.05 Apathy
0.03 Useless
0.01 Dying
0.0 Body death
- 0.01 Pity
- 0.02 Shame
- 0.07 Accountable
- 1.0 Blame- 1.3 Regret
- 1.5 Controlling bodies
- 2.2 Protecting bodies
- 3.0 Owning bodies
- 3.5 Approval from bodies
- 4.0 Needing bodies
- 5.0 Worshipping bodies
- 6.0 Sacrifice
- 8.0 Hiding
-10.0 Being objects
-20.0 Being nothing
-30.0 Can't hide
-40.0 Total failure

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Criticism

Criticism
Beside emotions, Hubbard gives in Science of Survival for each level other characteristics such as health state, sexual activities, dealing with truth, activity level, and also worth to society. These descriptions are very detailed, e.g. persons at tone level 1.5 (chronic anger) are said to be prone to arthritis, people at tone level 1.1 (covert hostility) are said to be inclined to sexual perversity and homosexuality. People stuck at 2.0 (chronic antagonism) or lower on the tone scale have, according to Hubbard, a negative value for society and are described as sociopaths; furthermore, these people are said to be dangerous as the emotions or moods in the negative range theoretically impair the person's interactions with the world around them. Hubbard tells clearly how they should be dealt with in his opinion: "…any person from 2.0 down on the tone scale should not have, in any thinking society, any civil rights of any kind

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I got more info from my daughter today. Apparently the girls all saw the same EO at the Mission they're on lines at. The EO said: "There is no disconnection policy, so don't bother with this train of thought". Well, the girls did do a witch hunt and had to point the finger at someone - my daughter.

She has since spoken to at least two of the girls privately. And they both are saying the other one told them about my declare and started the whole mess. Funny thing is, my daughter had told them individually about my declare. So now they can't even keep that straight.

I guess doing drugs and getting completely drunk every weekend does affect one's memory. LOL!!!

I guess they need to add lying to their list of out ethics. :duh: But lying is OK in the church, so I guess they won't be adding that.

My daughter is fine. Just thoroughly annoyed by their actions and betrayal. I think she lost a few "friends" - but they aren't worth the title when they act the way they did.

My daughter told one of the girls that she was disappointed that the girl couldn't think for herself. I say that was spot on and she nailed it right on the head.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
:hifive:

Tell her she has my support, that's for sure!

I remember well these thugs who are the kids of "OT's" and they can truly
be d i s g u s t i n g l y abusive, invalidative, creepy, exclusive, and snotty...
for starters.

It *totally* violates "The Manners PL" (Which most of them don't even know
about, nor did most of their non-OT parents claiming to be "OT") :yes:

Here's to your daughter, and you for raising her to have this strength. :clap:

Forget the fact that I wasn't declared per "policy" - no comm ev for this evil SP - got declared without even knowing it. No ethics gradients applied
Me Too!

Happy Mother's Day to you, and any other Mom here :rose: :love2:

Tory/Magoo

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
:hifive:

Tell her she has my support, that's for sure!

I remember well these thugs who are the kids of "OT's" and they can truly
be d i s g u s t i n g l y abusive, invalidative, creepy, exclusive, and snotty...
for starters.

It *totally* violates "The Manners PL" (Which most of them don't even know
about, nor did most of their non-OT parents claiming to be "OT") :yes:

Here's to your daughter, and you for raising her to have this strength. :clap:

Me Too!

Happy Mother's Day to you, and any other Mom here :rose: :love2:

Tory/Magoo

Thank you, Tory.

Yes, I only read the "Manners PL" on the Ship. But later typed it up and stuck it to the refrigerator while my daughter was growing up. Don't know if she read it or not - but she had lots of opportunity to.

I think she's gotten most of the kids of "OTs" off her lines. They got very judgmental with her a couple years back. One girl said she should do her "conditions" because she'd gotten a speeding ticket. I told my daughter her ethics had been put in by the police officer that gave her the ticket. LOL!!! No condition formulas needed. LOL!!!

I realized last night that since my daughter hasn't been hanging out with as many Scn or working for Scn's - she has far less difficulties in her life (other than the BS they throw her way). That's gotta make one wonder. :confused2:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Update

I was just talking to my daughter and thought I should ask if she's still friends with the girls that gave her so much crap a couple of weeks ago.

Here's the update: She's not hanging out with them anymore. However, she ran into one of them at a party over the weekend. The girl asked to speak to my daughter. My daughter only agreed to talk to her if there was NO DRAMA.

The girl apologized again and took responsibility for her part. My daughter thanked her and proceeded to explain her opinion about her "relationship" with Scn. My daughter explained that Scn is like a relationship (as boyfriend/girlfriend) and that the relationship just didn't work out. I thought that was a great analogy. My daughter is OK with her friends still being involved. And she congratulates them when they complete a service.

My daughter also said that she would have appreciated the girls talking to her about the situation rather than going off half cocked. My daughter told this girl that if she were doing heroine and selling her body on the street corner, that she could understand these girls having a problem with her. But that's not the case. My daughter is living on her own, paying rent, making a car payment and going to work every day. She's not still being supported by mommy at 23 years of age.

I commented that even if I still lived in the same area that she'd probably be on her own. My daughter's honest answer - "hell no, I'd still be living with you and not paying rent. Every time I write my rent check, I think of all the shoes and cute jeans I could be buying. I tell my friends that are thinking about moving out of their parents, not to. They should milk it for all it's worth". It's a good thing I moved to another state, otherwise my 23 year old daughter would still be living with me. LOL!!!

All is good. And I'm very proud of my daughter and her ability to handle idiots. LOL!!!

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
My daughter is OK with her friends still being involved. And she congratulates them when they complete a service.
First, I want to say that I found your post wonderful and lovely. It actually gave me a warm feeling. You sound like a wonderful mother, and your daughter is very fortunate.

I did feel compelled, however, to address the single sentence quoted above. I found I felt very conflicted when I read that sentence. Normally, and particularly when I'm in a state of ignorance, the "live and let live" sentiment conveyed in that sentence is very much my philosophy. Indeed, it would be much more comfortable for me, personally, if that could still be my philosophy re: Scientology.

The problem is that I'm no longer ignorant, and hence no longer innocent. I know better.

So when I read about somebody being "ok" with their friends, family members, etc. being involved in, and more importantly supporting (even if monetarily) Scientology it causes me some... disquiet. A concern that they are involved, even if only tangentially, and supporting, even if only monetarily, well... evil. That the money paid goes to pay the PIs that harass people. That the money pays for shrill, delusional advertisements aimed at convincing people not to get medical care. That the money pays for, and supports, those who order and enforce family disconnection, coercive and deceptive financial practices, and the offloading of the ill and infirm.

The idea of being harsh towards either your or your daughter is very troubling to me. Everybody has a right to make up their own mind, and indeed a duty to do so. I hate being judgmental.

But there are other considerations. There are victims.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
First, I want to say that I found your post wonderful and lovely. It actually gave me a warm feeling. You sound like a wonderful mother, and your daughter is very fortunate.

I did feel compelled, however, to address the single sentence quoted above. I found I felt very conflicted when I read that sentence. Normally, and particularly when I'm in a state of ignorance, the "live and let live" sentiment conveyed in that sentence is very much my philosophy. Indeed, it would be much more comfortable for me, personally, if that could still be my philosophy re: Scientology.

The problem is that I'm no longer ignorant, and hence no longer innocent. I know better.

So when I read about somebody being "ok" with their friends, family members, etc. being involved in, and more importantly supporting (even if monetarily) Scientology it causes me some... disquiet. A concern that they are involved, even if only tangentially, and supporting, even if only monetarily, well... evil. That the money paid goes to pay the PIs that harass people. That the money pays for shrill, delusional advertisements aimed at convincing people not to get medical care. That the money pays for, and supports, those who order and enforce family disconnection, coercive and deceptive financial practices, and the offloading of the ill and infirm.

The idea of being harsh towards either your or your daughter is very troubling to me. Everybody has a right to make up their own mind, and indeed a duty to do so. I hate being judgmental.

But there are other considerations. There are victims.

I really understand what you are saying. I also completely understand what it is like to pretend ... "Oh, you completed OT blah, how great!" while cringing inside. The bloody Good Roads path. I think you have to understand the big picture of scientology to be able to, or want to withdraw that 'social' agreement, as it will surely bring problems with friends and family. Each of us makes that decision as we go, and it can and does usually change the more info you gain.