What's new

Sydney Org Moving

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sydney Org is moving to their "temp" new org at 4 Hercules St, Surry Hills, on 27 June 09.

This move is so they can renovate their existing building to make it the Ideal Org.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
There's a ribbon cutting at 12:30pm on 4th July I've been reliably informed.:coolwink:

Does this need a Sydanon flashraid? :D

Will be interested to see how many faithful they can gather for the "Grand Opening.":whistling:

Carmel

Crusader
Imagine all the pressure that'll be on the tradies now. So many of the Sydney public have their own business in various trades. They have already emptied their pockets and are in hock over this "ideal org" thing - Now they'll be 'forced' to be in Castlereagh St on the tools, instead of working their way out of the debt that this fiasco has already caused them.

Glad I'm not still in - Feel for those who are.

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Imagine all the pressure that'll be on the tradies now. So many of the Sydney public have their own business in various trades. They have already emptied their pockets and are in hock over this "ideal org" thing - Now they'll be 'forced' to be in Castlereagh St on the tools, instead of working their way out of the debt that this fiasco has already caused them.

Glad I'm not still in - Feel for those who are.

Ditto

mate

Patron Meritorious
The new Sydney Org is a warehouse at 4 Hercules Street Surry Hills, with parking for 16 cars, no windows, and absolutely no "body traffic" whatsoever. In fact, pedestrian movements are at least 200 metres (200 yards) away. I do believe they are in Hiding on the tone scale (particularly from an anonymous protest). I must admit that I am not particularly surprised.

Google Maps

David Miscavige, did you approve this? David Miscavige, do realise that this location is wildly off-policy? David Miscavige, you should report to cramming.

David.

Sir Facer

Patron with Honors
The new Sydney Org is a warehouse at 4 Hercules Street Surry Hills, with parking for 16 cars, no windows, and absolutely no "body traffic" whatsoever. In fact, pedestrian movements are at least 200 metres (200 yards) away. I do believe they are in Hiding on the tone scale (particularly from an anonymous protest). I must admit that I am not particularly surprised.

Google Maps

David Miscavige, did you approve this? David Miscavige, do realise that this location is wildly off-policy? David Miscavige, you should report to cramming.

David.

I am not surprised either:omg: It comes down to the fact that they would now be renting a place and can not afford a decent place. I have no Idea why they stayed so close to the city! As they really don't need to be in the city....Any way I am sure they will be struggling to pay the rent if the Ideal Org funds did not cover it.
It shows they had to get out ASAP with out much planning...as usual....

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hilarious - this has to be the worst position they could've come up with.

I'll bet it isn't cheap either - and yes it is so off-policy it's incredible.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron

Google Maps

David.

:D :D :D

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
renoorg.jpg

And here it is.

I actually walked straight past this place when I was last in Sydney looking for their temp org. At that time we didn't have an exact address, only a general location, and I certainly would not think they would use this place!

Honestly they pretty much couldn't of picked a worse spot, this building is in the middle of a block of buildings, it is accessed by tiny roads off the bigger roads (one way?) and it has ZERO foot traffic, theres just no reason for pedestrians to come by this way. They wont be luring in any fresh meat here.
As I remarked on ASYD, Scientology Sydney is about to become an elite secretive treehouse till the money runs out.

Now I'm not entirely sure weather this building was still a 'warehouse' or not when CoS picked it up, I did a little research and found last year some company had a development application approved to turn the place into a multi-million dollar commerical/office building space going to look like this, (It WAS a warehouse previously).
Obviously not much has come of that since CoS is now moving in, however a quick review of Scientology's new DA (painting the front of it) reveals this: "The current site is classification 5-Office. We propose no change in classification." Interesting...
If your interested you can read some relevant docs (Scientology's DA)here. Note they are spending a whopping $2000 on painting the new facade and building steps :O

I thought the city had rejected their request for permits or something?

They encountered much resistance over the years, but the revised Ideal Org plans were finally approved, although I have my doubts whether they will be around to see them completed...

There's a ribbon cutting at 12:30pm on 4th July I've been reliably informed.:coolwink:

Does this need a Sydanon flashraid? :D

Will be interested to see how many faithful they can gather for the "Grand Opening.":whistling:

Indeed they do

Sydney anons may be flashraiding... maybe not, a big lack of organization currently going around...

I do believe they are in Hiding on the tone scale (particularly from an anonymous protest).

One does not simply hide from Anonymous! :D This could be our new main protest location, so they can certainly expect us.

And for reference, heres the leaked email about renovating the temp org.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
:lol:

It looks like an ideal org to me.

Is there anyone over there that is handy with a paint spray can? ... that wall looks made for a bit of graffiti ...

'Caek shop' might look OK ...

or

'we wear sailor suits and we don't care if we look silly'

or

'for planet saving ... enter here' (must bring credit card).

or (best of all) ...

'google ESMB' for all you need to know about scientology.

:p

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
renoorg.jpg

And here it is.

I actually walked straight past this place when I was last in Sydney looking for their temp org. At that time we didn't have an exact address, only a general location, and I certainly would not think they would use this place!

Honestly they pretty much couldn't of picked a worse spot, this building is in the middle of a block of buildings, it is accessed by tiny roads off the bigger roads (one way?) and it has ZERO foot traffic, theres just no reason for pedestrians to come by this way. They wont be luring in any fresh meat here.
As I remarked on ASYD, Scientology Sydney is about to become an elite secretive treehouse till the money runs out.

Now I'm not entirely sure weather this building was still a 'warehouse' or not when CoS picked it up, I did a little research and found last year some company had a development application approved to turn the place into a multi-million dollar commerical/office building space going to look like this, (It WAS a warehouse previously).
Obviously not much has come of that since CoS is now moving in, however a quick review of Scientology's new DA (painting the front of it) reveals this: "The current site is classification 5-Office. We propose no change in classification." Interesting...
If your interested you can read some relevant docs (Scientology's DA)here. Note they are spending a whopping $2000 on painting the new facade and building steps :O

They encountered much resistance over the years, but the revised Ideal Org plans were finally approved, although I have my doubts whether they will be around to see them completed...

Indeed they do

Sydney anons may be flashraiding... maybe not, a big lack of organization currently going around...

One does not simply hide from Anonymous! :D This could be our new main protest location, so they can certainly expect us.

And for reference, heres the leaked email about renovating the temp org.

Welcome to ESMB and thanks for the answer!

Sir Facer

Patron with Honors
Sydney Org

renoorg.jpg

And here it is.

[/QUOTE/]

How ugly is that, wow times are tough, also its a a cool ass Gay area and two of my besties who have an apartment there walked past and saw it and laughed there heads off, as both being gay they are fully aware of Scientologists views on the subject so they rang me to tell me that the CoS are in their area...next door. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.....

The ribbon cutting is today at 12,30 apparently.......

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
How ugly is that, wow times are tough, also its a a cool ass Gay area and two of my besties who have an apartment there walked past and saw it and laughed there heads off, as both being gay they are fully aware of Scientologists views on the subject so they rang me to tell me that the CoS are in their area...next door. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.....

I am hoping they are being flash raided!

renoorg.jpg

And here it is.

[/QUOTE/]

Mmmmmmmm......
Xenu the cult icon lands her DC8 at a little factory building in gayville. :omg: :omg:
Lonely gays drop in to get their case "handled".
But little do they know that xenu and her friends are to there to fuck their minds and not...................:no:

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
I am hoping they are being flash raided!

We did manage to get organised and go check it out! You ex's might be interested to see the pictures and videos we got and check out some familiar faces.

3686262171_713652cb53_b.jpg

3687066040_95e4292824_b.jpg

3686263115_ee8097929b_b.jpg

3686263815_95b504d409_b.jpg

3686264049_3aab6fb701_b.jpg

3687068392_94b690dca5_b.jpg

The ceremony is over, and everyone is going in to take the tour.

3687069540_2bd91474c8_b.jpg

Internet superheros!

3686266039_f965041d4a_b.jpg

The 201 Castlereagh Org is now completly empty :(

There more pictures here
Or you can download an archive with higher res shots Here

I also made a video from the day - http://vimeo.com/5448457
My footage of the actual speech didnt come out that well, and im missing sections. I believe another anon got better video of this (which will be uploaded shortly)

All in all it was a nice little day. The event was quite interesting to watch, I certainly had never seen a Scientologist event with so many Scientologists up close and personal like this, it was definitely quite creepy and culty!
I'm not good with numbers, but I estimate there were less then 100 there on the day. Quite a bit short from their estimated membership I think? Or even the 2006 Census data, indicating 1000+ Scientolgists in NSW.