What's new

BFG Bash and CA Pics!

Wisened One

Crusader
FINALLY got my camera charged and uploaded all the pics!
Also got video's to upload in a bit and will add those soon.
But we left for CA on Thursday at about 11:00 am CST.
We arrived in L.A on Friday at about 7:00 pm PST.

Before we left, Dean wrote this on the back of our Jeep, lol:

CAorBust-1.jpg

It was fascinating travelling there, as I had never seen the West Coast.
So got to see LOTS of desert in New Mexico, Arizona! And WOW was it HOT!

It was, I believe in New Mexico that we stopped at this hole-in-the-wall mom, pop n' bull gas station and convenience store. Their pet bull was literally running free along the side of the road! :omg:

MayIhelpyou.jpg

Anyway, we finally get to LA area...and we really don't know what we're doing or exactly where to stay....but we found ourselves in Santa Clarita and stayed at this comfy hotel for a couple nights...

SantaClaritaHotel.jpg

Then we get to the Saturday Party about 11 am. We were among the first people there. And we met BFG and a couple others. Since we were early, BFG offered us first use of his Jet Ski. He took us on a tour around some of beautiful Lake Pyramid!

LakePyramidA.jpg

(I am SO ashamed to say that I have NO pic of BFG or his family! :duh:) But HE took this pic of us!

UsonJetSki.jpg

It was REALLY HOT Saturday, and we stupidly didn't 'bring our own shade' so even though we had good sunscreen and applied it often, we both got pretty sunburned on top of our head and on our faces, etc. :duh:

But we met sooo many great people! Not sure if I can post our pics with them, so for now I won't. But we were the first to meet Mark Bunker and Tory as they arrived to Sat's Party, we gave them a big hug and got a pic with them (but it was with Mark's camera, so look for our pics on his Twitter or website!). AGAIN, we did NOT get any pics (with our camera) with Mark Bunker! (Geez, I musta been on a 'No Mark pics' day! :grouch: )

Update. Edited to add: Thanks to Mark Bunker he put pics on his blog (hope it's ok I post them here? :unsure:).

usandmarkbunker.jpg

Tory-and-SPs.jpg

So then we left the Party at around six, and me and Dean drove around LA for a couple hours. He took me
to see Big Blue cuz I'd never seen it, lol.

Then we went to the Sunday Party. It was at Venice Beach. LOTS of people! Wow! :omg:

And there we saw some of the same people we met at the Sat Party, plus a few new ones!

I'm not sure who's pic I can post, so I'll just post a couple pics:

Here is of us with Jason Beghe (with permission)!

UsandJasonBeghe.jpg

And here we are with Tory on Sunday!

UsandTory.jpg

Talking with everyone face to face was quite enlightening. It brought home the meaning of the word
Reunion, too.

While KV, Dean and I were chatting, a sweet older lady came up to us and said she was seeing if we
were anyone she might've worked with/known. She barely finished the sentence, when two women came
up to her and hugged her together. It was a beautiful sight and brought tears to my eyes! Reunions! Gotta love
'em! :cloud9:

Oh, and we DID get to meet Bent Corydon, tho! WOW! Soooo cool! :yes:

It was actually cooooold and veeeerrry windy on Sunday, quite a contrast from HOT, sunny Saturday's Party, lol! YET, the sun still did get to us. I came down with some heat exhaustion a day or so later. :eyeroll: :redface:

So we left Sunday's Party and walked with Tory and few others to eat at a restaurant. We were dead exhausted from the walk and the weekend's events, so I'm afraid we weren't at our best company! (Forgetting pics with people, not getting to circulate and talk longer with everyone, etc! :melodramatic: )

But we did manage to get a small group photo (Most had left the Party by this time)

th_CopyofGrouppic.jpg

But after Sunday's party we walked all the way down the beach back to our car again....so I snapped a few pics while walking....

VeniceBeach.jpg

And a cool apartment on the Beach:

VeniceBeachApt.jpg

we were too bushed to drive around, so headed back to the hotel to relax.

Monday: We drove around on our own...visiting places Dean used to live when he was young (He lived in Reseda for a few months when he was young).

Later in the day and into the night, we drove down to Santa Monica Pier then on into Malibu. (Did you know that there is a Malibu Mission there?! :ohmy: )

Here is a sunset around that area:

SantaMonicaSunset.jpg

I really LOVED Malibu! Gooorgeous! :drool: We were gonna go to Zuma Beach, but it was getting too late, and Dean wanted to take me to Santa Monica Pier..so at about 10:00 pm, we went there and walked around.

SantaMonicaPierBeach.jpg

I got to finally walk around in the water of the Pacific Ocean! Whoohoo! (And it actually wasn't THAT cold!). It was fun!:)

Anyways: I'll see if I can upload a couple of vids for ya. Took footage of the Santa Monica Ferris Wheel (at night!)
and other things, so please check back!

All in all, we had an AWESOME time! We met some really great people! Enjoyed chatting with Sentient Bean, HG, KV, Hoodwinked, Lynn, Otgirl8, RIF, Cherished, etc! I KNOW I didn't get to meet everyone (LB!?). And we regret that! But hopefully they'll be another Bash next year! :)

We DID get to meet a couple of Anons tho! We ate with Casper and Hombre on Sunday night (we were at a separate table, since the other table was full). We were impressed with how nice they were! :thumbsup: (Got no pics with them either,sadly..and their names weren't even Mark! :unsure:).

:bighug: to BFG and Family and to Jason for putting this together!

Michelle

Last edited:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
You're making me "homesick" with all these locations you are describing!

I've been everywhere you are talking about - even Reseda!

Looks like a great time, and it's great that Exes are meeting and out in the open with each other and enjoying life with no Church of Scientology to suppress them any more.

Thanks.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Wow! That's a lot of driving distance!

I know because my childhood family used to do that drive to visit relatives in the Mid-West. And we did this before there was any complete interstate highways for that trip.

Yeah, Santa Monica Pier is pretty big. Do they still have the Merry-Go-Round there?

Did you all meet at Lake Elsinore? (I haven't yet read where it was.) :confused2:

Wisened One

Crusader
PG and Alanzo: Yeah, it was awesome!

You guys may wanna refresh and re-read my post cuz I'm mid-adding/editing more info with more pics and stuff...

We had to leave a day early to go back due to I just wasn't feeling too well getting over the heat exhaustion, and our cat had surgery and wasn't recovering too well. So we left.

We've since had our poor baby Oona in surgery AGAIN today to re-stitch one of her wounds as it had busted open and while they were in, they fixed an old hernia she'd had for years.

AND.....

Ya'll won't believe this, but I found out (yesterday, and literally minutes before it was happening). That my son now got married!! (also eloped at the local courthouse where he lives)...and we couldn't get there due to travelling (and even if we were at home, we wouldn't've made it anyways).

She's a sweet girl he married. We met her a few weeks ago. They're gonna have a larger more proper wedding in March and we'll be able to attend that.

But still, it kinda.....took me aback, let's say...I REALLY wanted to be there! :bigcry: His dad and stepmom and sister,etc got to be there! :sadsigh:

Anyways...we're home now and still trying to get our energy back, but it was sooooo worth it! :happydance:

Last edited:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Good times! Good times! Wish I coulda been there. Me with my camera would have captured ALL the moments!

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
WO,

Please make the pics bigger. :)

Pyramid Lake looks good. Jeeesh... that's north of Magic Mountain.

Last edited:

British Mom

Patron with Honors
Looks like you had a great time, I am soooooooooooooooooo jelous, wish I could have been there, maybe the next one. Oh so lucky having dinner with Casper & Hombre, now I am really jelous (dont think I have spelt this right) such lovely people. The SP's are nice to be with & I am glad to be part of this group.

I am moving tomorrow, so will be off my computer for a while but as soon as I am back will check for developments on the cult.

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Michelle!

This is so cool! Thanks for creating this thread! Putting up the pic's and trip notes really brings it to life... It was really nice to meet you and Dean. Spending some time with exes just to meet and talk was a real treat.

Hats off to you and Dean for making the long journey out west!

Glad you're back home, safe and sound (yet exhausted!).

Many thanks to all that made the weekend such a success. It was a true pleasure to meet so many fellow SPs! It is a real joy for me to see Marc's efforts bringing so many people together to share laughs and stories. :happydance:

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm so happy for you guys that the bash went so well! :happydance:

Thanks for posting and for the photos Michelle! :)

Someday, I'll go to an exes party. . . though the time's not right just yet.

-TL

riptide

Patron with Honors
Damn I missed this, I was probably 50 miles away when this went down! Someone PM me next time? I'm not on this board that much anymore.

It looks like you all had a great time! Hey Bernie!

Wisened One

Crusader
Many thanks to all that made the weekend such a success. It was a true pleasure to meet so many fellow SPs! It is a real joy for me to see Marc's efforts bringing so many people together to share laughs and stories. :happydance:

It was equally a pleasure chatting with you, SB! :thumbsup:

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm happy to hear that OOna is recovering. It's too bad that she had to go back for another stitch bout, but that should fix her up.
My Joie never came home. I think the 3 huge raccoons got her. I miss her SO much.
It was shocking to me that I had such a grief episode over this. I actually sobbed and cried for days. Burst into tears for 2 weeks. It was like all the grief that I had suppressed for all of my life suddenly was let loose.
I'm OK with it now. Joie is in Kitty Heaven. She will return to me in the form of another sweet kitteh. I can wait.

Chlng

Wisened One

Crusader
I'm happy to hear that OOna is recovering. It's too bad that she had to go back for another stitch bout, but that should fix her up.
My Joie never came home. I think the 3 huge raccoons got her. I miss her SO much.
It was shocking to me that I had such a grief episode over this. I actually sobbed and cried for days. Burst into tears for 2 weeks. It was like all the grief that I had suppressed for all of my life suddenly was let loose.
I'm OK with it now. Joie is in Kitty Heaven. She will return to me in the form of another sweet kitteh. I can wait.

Chlng

Ohhh so sorry your Joie hasn't come home, Challenge. :console:

And I don't blame you one bit for feeling such grief! My hubby would be
a mess if something happened to his Oona! He's babying her so much, it's adorable! But she deserves it. She is literally his teddy bear kitteh. Sleeps nestled tightly nestled in his arm against his side all night while he sleeps, awww.

A new little kitteh is sooon for you, I know it! :yes: