What's new

What is the crack cocaine of Scientology? What is the first hit?

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
I've been trying to decide, what is the crack cocaine of Scientology? What is the first hit?

Is it the Communications Course? Or Dianetics Audtiting? In most stories I've heard, it is the Comm Course. But in other stories, it is Dianetics Auditing.

I can't tell you how many stories I've heard and read over the years, first on ARS, then on Clambake, now here and even on WWP, that go pretty much like this:
[I took the Communications Course and had really great wins!] [or] [I received Dianetics Auditing and was really blown out!]

Blah, blah, blah.

I had some doubts. Things didn't feel right. The Reg put a lot of pressure on me. But I really had great wins on [the Comm Course l Dianetics Auditing]!

Blah, blah, blah.

Maxed out my credit cards for a [training l auditing] package. My [wife l husband] expressed some concern. I told [him l her] that [he l she] was being PTS to the middle class, and that I really had great wins on [the Comm Course l Dianetics Auditing].

Blah, blah, blah.

Mortgaged our home in order to buy a book package for libraries in Zimbabwe and help clear the planet! Yeah, it did stress me out a bit, but I really had great wins on [the Comm Course l Dianetics Auditing]!

Blah, blah, blah.

Lost our home.

Blah, blah, blah.

Had to redo my training because of the Golden Age of Tech. But I really had great wins on [the Comm Course l Dianetics Auditing]!

Blah, blah, blah.

Had to buy all new basics books because of the evil transcriptionist. It also occured to me that somebody has to buy new books for those libraries in Zimbabwe. I wished I could, but couldn't afford it. But I really had great wins on [the Comm Course l Dianetics Auditing]!

Blah, blah, blah.

Got rid of my BTs!

Blah, blah, blah.

Declared bankruptcy. But I really had great wins on [the Comm Course l Dianetics Auditing]!

Blah, blah, blah.

Quit my job and joined staff.

Blah, blah, blah.

Got divorced. But I really had great wins on [the Comm Course l Dianetics Auditing]!

Blah, blah, blah.

I was mistreated, yelled at, abused, lied to, and worked 80 hours per week. But I really had great wins on [the Comm Course l Dianetics Auditing]!

Blah, blah, blah.

Thirty years later, I [was declared l offloaded l woke up and left]. Finally, I'm free!!!!! True, I'm 50 years old, with no real education, currently unemployed, and disconnected from my children who joined the Sea Org (with my blessing), and my teeth are falling out due to lack of dental care. But I'm free!!!!!

And, by the way, if we could just [get rid of DM l go back to "pure" Scientology l go back to the "Golden Age" of Scientology l distinguish the "good" Tech from the "bad" Tech," because it is not like the "Tech" is inexorably intertwined as an organic, interdependent whole] everything would be fine.

Oh, and does anyone know where I can get some more [training l auditing] outside the COS?
Damn that [Comm Course l Dianetics Auditing] must be some really good shit. Makes crack cocaine look like Flintstones chewable vitamins.

The [Comm Course l Dianetics Auditing] must be the most addictive shit on the planet.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
For me it was the first time I recovered a lost memory. It was actually not Dianetics auditing it was the (metered) DofP interview following the Ups and Downs course. It was just like DMSMH said it would be; and I said to myself "Hubbard was right". It was validated soon afterwards by a very "real" feeling past life memory. I decided Hubbard knew what he was talking about and made the leap that he was right about what a clear was, in which case attaining that state was worth anything.

I jumped on the train and didn't look back until I was broke and broken.

-TL

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
I jumped on the train and didn't look back until I was broke and broken.

-TL
Although my OP was written a bit irreverently, I just wanted to say I'm very sorry.

I swear to God, so many Scientology exit stories I've heard sound and feel similar to the stories of people who are narcotics or crack addicts and "kicked" after losing almost everything but their lives, or alcoholics who joined AA after 10, 20 or 30 years of losing everything.

Div6

Crusader
Although my OP was written a bit irreverently, I just wanted to say I'm very sorry.

I swear to God, so many Scientology exit stories I've heard sound and feel similar to the stories of people who are narcotics or crack addicts and "kicked" after losing almost everything but their lives, or alcoholics who joined AA after 10, 20 or 30 years of losing everything.

I also think that you have to include social factors in to this equation as well.
When you have that first "win" you realize also that the current mainstream society is not geared for anything like this at all, which I think also triggers a "herd instinct". Scn is a "safer" solution than some other things out there....

Maybe not.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron

Unfortunately, it's a lot like that. At least it was for me (and I was so proud of the fact that I'd kept myself away from drugs :duh:)

It probably depends some on personality. . . I'm reading a book about mass movements called "True Believers"; it gives some fascinating insights into why a person would sell out for a cult, and how they can make themselves believe anything if they want to. It's been great to help me sort things out.

Actually I didn't see your post as irreverent. Made sense to me.

-TL

Wisened One

Crusader
I've been trying to decide, what is the crack cocaine of Scientology? What is the first hit?

Is it the Communications Course? Or Dianetics Audtiting? In most stories I've heard, it is the Comm Course. But in other stories, it is Dianetics Auditing.

I can't tell you how many stories I've heard and read over the years, first on ARS, then on Clambake, now here and even on WWP, that go pretty much like this damn that [Comm Course l Dianetics Auditing] must be some really good shit. Makes crack cocaine look like Flintstones chewable vitamins.

The [Comm Course l Dianetics Auditing] must be the most addictive shit on the planet.

:laugh: Thanks for the laugh! Yes, scn/dn was addicting! And yes I agree that especially the first three TR's of the Comm Course/STCC really blow most people out, ya know?

I likened it as if I'd done a hit of acid and all the colors of everything were brilliantly sharp and vivid! (This after doing the first two TR's). So...

And yes, there is a 'high' to auditing as well (imo).

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Even though I was born into Scientology, the one thing that really got me wasn't so much Scientology auditing or courses but helping other people. And at the time I believed it would and could work.
That is till I joined the SO. That's when it dawned on me that Scientology is pretty fucked if they have dirty laundry like that.....and I hadn't even known about the really bad stuff.

ChronicEnturbulator

Patron with Honors
I have a theory: What Hubbard was selling wasn't religion, psycho-therapy, or even crappy self-help...

It's surety.

It's the naked desire to have someone, ANYONE, there who has all the answers. Someone to reassure you that life isn't a big bunch of terrifying unknown-unknowns. That you AREN'T alone in theis universe.

...but he was a con-man and a narcisist, who used this central, very primal human desire, to define the universe to match his own twisted expectations and make himself into a god.

angel

Patron with Honors
Having my ruin pulled

For me it was having my ruin pulled during my OCA eval. This Div 6 Reg

was really good at it. I thought the whole thing was interesting and the

next thing I knew I was crying. I was actualy at rock bottom and Scn was

providing me a place to straighten out.

I loved the comm course because it taught me how to be there for other's

creating a turning point in my life being interested instead of interesting.

The clincher was a few days of intro lecture as I had not read DMSMH and

The lecture was done by a volunteer who did not have a stat and

completely loved what he was doing delivering with very high ARC.

Jen

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
For me it was having my ruin pulled during my OCA eval. This Div 6 Reg

was really good at it. I thought the whole thing was interesting and the

next thing I knew I was crying. I was actualy at rock bottom and Scn was

providing me a place to straighten out.

I loved the comm course because it taught me how to be there for other's

creating a turning point in my life being interested instead of interesting.

The clincher was a few days of intro lecture as I had not read DMSMH and

The lecture was done by a volunteer who did not have a stat and

completely loved what he was doing delivering with very high ARC.

Jen

A few days of intro lecture? The intro lecture is brief and not a few days.
Would you explain a little bit more?

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
For me it was having my ruin pulled during my OCA eval. This Div 6 Reg was really good at it. I thought the whole thing was interesting and the next thing I knew I was crying. I was actualy at rock bottom and Scn was providing me a place to straighten out.
I learned and drilled the "find the ruin" FSM drill a number of times over the years. Really, it is Scientology in a nutshell:

Find somebody's ruin.

Totally cave them in.

Take advantage of their vulnerable and (mistakenly) thankful state to sell them something.

No, actually, that is not good enough. Take advantage of their vulnerable and (mistakenly) thankful state to sell them as much crap for as much money as you possibly can.

Because the one thing a person whose ruin has just been found, and who is caved in and vulnerable, needs is to max out their credit cards and, if at all possible, mortgage their home to buy an auditing and/or training package.

Oh, and have fun spending your FSM commission.

What a religion. And talk about karma? Face it dudes, next life we're all coming back as dung beetles.

Last edited:

The Clam

Patron with Honors
For me it was Life Repair. Without much knowledge of pasts life I ran an incident of being shot in the forehead by a disgruntle woman. After the session I went exterior with some perception. To test it I asks my self if this is real i should be able to see into other rooms of the barracks I was residing in. So I went ,ext, to the TV Room and saw 5 peoplein the room 4 I had known of and 1 I never say before. Afer remotely viewing the room I walked to the TV room and saw 5 people sitting exactly were I viewed them and the stranger I have never seen before. Also my ablity to postulate was over the top. This is just one situation. A staff member and I were walking down the street and we were discussing where we should eat dinner at. I said why don't we go to Howard Johnsons and get the all you can eat fried clams strips. But the problem was that it was over 5 miles away. I looked at him and said I will postulate a ride
A minute later a car pulls up and asked us directions to Howard Johnson.
That shit really blew my mind. But the thing that really bothered me about those abilities that they are not susceptible they seem to come and go. It also seemed that the long I was in the COS the less freedom I felt as the church hammered me with ethic cycles and the rules became very invasive as they wanted to know every aspect of your life. The final straw was the churches enforcement of the IRS policies

angel

Patron with Honors
My Intro Lecture

Programmer guy, I can't explain why it was a few days. It was the early 80's, We were to report to course then the lecture second half each night. It was delivered by a volunteer who was the nephew of the man named Tony something or other who interviewed LRH, in a filmed interview that was shown from time to time. If the intro lecture was supposed to be delivered in a specified amount of time, I know nothing about it. If they modified it that would not surprise me.
At that time the intro lecture made sense to me, it made an impact.

Kha Khan, I agree with you. Later while on staff in Div 6, I witnessed this same evaluator bragging about ruin pulling as if speaking of a piece of meat. (yuck raw meat) I began to see the manipulation and control. I felt violated and was surprised I was that vulnerable. It was the one time I ever hit rock bottom in life, at the time of the test eval. My life was in shambles and I felt that I had been drawn to Scn like a magnet and it was supposed to be.

One scar I do have that has not healed is that I can't stand control freaks. I don't want them anywhere in my space. It has been difficult for me in many boss/employee relationships.

Jen

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
Kha Khan, I agree with you. Later while on staff in Div 6, I witnessed this same evaluator bragging about ruin pulling as if speaking of a piece of meat. (yuck raw meat) I began to see the manipulation and control. I felt violated and was surprised I was that vulnerable. It was the one time I ever hit rock bottom in life, at the time of the test eval. My life was in shambles and I felt that I had been drawn to Scn like a magnet and it was supposed to be.
This is one area where the religious cloak of Scientology is particularly harmful, deceptive and pernicious. When most people think of religion, or think they are dealing with a religious person, they assume or presume that they are dealing with somebody who honestly wants to listen to, empathize with, sympathize with, and help them. They don't think they are dealing with somebody who is going to try to take advantage of them and sell them something. They let their guard down.

Because they are dealing with a religious person, and indeed a Volunteer Minister!, they don't think the other person is "finding their ruin" in order to get something from them. And then to laugh at them behind their back afterward.

One scar I do have that has not healed is that I can't stand control freaks. I don't want them anywhere in my space. It has been difficult for me in many boss/employee relationships.
Interesting. I've seen this in other ex-Scientologists -- a sensitivity to being controlled, to having a boss, to hierarchy.

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
Like Nam veterans
Like some ex-military of all types who do not like being bossed around. They had enough of that while in the military.

Though sometimes you get the opposite reaction, i.e., those who miss, and crave, the hierarchy, certainty, and discipline. I've seen that in Scientologists, also.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I grew up in a military/officer family. I'll admit to notoriously even excessive anti-authoritarian tendencies :)

Zinj

Gadfly

Crusader
Well my first hit was recovering a memory from when I was a baby in a crib during Life Repair; I even confirmed various things I saw in the room with my parents.

The second hit was the first time I went "whole track" in auditing. That may have been during ARC Sraightwire, but for sure, it was early on.

The third hit was daily auditing on Dianetics over a few months, going whole track EVERY DAY! I would get up every day just so excited that I would be opening another page of this book covering my "past lives". For me, it was so much fun. For me, it WAS an adventure.

But, the thing that I loved, wanted and couldn't get enough of was exteriorization and that joyous feeling of lightness and floating. It happened to me many times, in auditing, on course, and while doing TR 0.

I won't go over it again here in detail, because I covered it today in another thread. But basically, I have never been able to find anything better than the state of awareness where you are THERE WITH NOTHING ELSE. For me, it doesn't get any better than that.

Better than any drug, better than sex, just better than anything. Lightness, brightness, sparkly, and entirely unconnected to all things physical, emotional and mental.

I suppose that is one useful aspect of Hubbard's Tech. Anyone who does not have Bipolar Disorder, but would like to suffer the ups and downs of Bipolar Disorder, without resorting to drugs such as Cocaine and Methamphetamine, can spend a few hours messing with the chemicals of their brain by getting into a euphoric state through the trance of auditing or hypnotic TRs, and then suffering the downs as the effect wears off.