What's new

Key to Life/ Life Orientation Course changes....

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
As of 2005 the Life Orientation Course and possibly Key to Life also were found to be 'not entirely LRH'. Apparently any student at Saint Hill wanting to do this course would not be issued with their own materials (in violation of the policy on the subject) and were issued with materials which (Per two Sea Org terminals) HAD WRITING ADDED TO THEM! (In violation of tech degrades). This seems to be true per blowforgoods data that the lady behind these courses was declared SP for 'out-tech'.

There is also, allegedly a book that is part of Key to Life which is not broadly issued. I believe it is on Clay Table processing. There has been allegations that this section of the course has very mixed results and has damaged cases. Can this be verified?

Has anyone done these two courses (I haven't)?

Vit

Div6

Crusader
I did KTL...not LOC.

KTL Clay Table processing took a long time (too long, compared to say the TR's Clay Table Processing, that went fairly quickly.) I was supping at the time, and the EP occurred while I was supping. I had to stand off in a corner and cognite for about 20 minutes...trying to hang on to enough of it to be able to write something down. The rest of the course was learing to subjugate the verb to Be, in past, present and future tenses, and the definitions of small English words.

I actually liked it as a course....

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
As of 2005 the Life Orientation Course and possibly Key to Life also were found to be 'not entirely LRH'. Apparently any student at Saint Hill wanting to do this course would not be issued with their own materials (in violation of the policy on the subject) and were issued with materials which (Per two Sea Org terminals) HAD WRITING ADDED TO THEM! (In violation of tech degrades). This seems to be true per blowforgoods data that the lady behind these courses was declared SP for 'out-tech'.

There is also, allegedly a book that is part of Key to Life which is not broadly issued. I believe it is on Clay Table processing. There has been allegations that this section of the course has very mixed results and has damaged cases. Can this be verified?

Has anyone done these two courses (I haven't)?

Vit

I did them both at ITO in the early 90s when I was in the SO there. There was nothing handwritten in the study materials then. That LOC ended up creating problems for SO management because it basically gave the student pretty much free choice over his "hat in life", as far as I recall. So if someone posted as Toilet Cleaning I/C for the previous three years suddenly discovered he had always wanted to be a rock singer, the course checksheet went in the direction of him working out how to change his life and achieve that. Obviously this didn't go down too well with those trying to keep the show on the road. Some people were accommodated. Later, the materials were, er, "clarified" to remove this opportunity. I didn't see the revised materials, just vaguely heard about it. I was very happy to be a course sup, after some of the shitty posts I had held, so it was never a problem for me.

On KTL, the CT commands booklets were never given to someone buying the materials, although all the other books/booklets were. They were handed out by the sup and returned at the end of the session. The only confidential KTL items I know of were those on the KTL Delivery Course (which I did). I'm not sure if the confidential statements of the CT EPs were on that course or not--they certainly wouldn't be in the KTL materials given to students, just the sups. When I did KTL, the first CT process, a de-PTSing one, was mandatory for all. If you didn't need de-PTSing, it would have been a wrong step. (We won't look at the fact that pretty much everyone would be PTS to the :shark: but wouldn't be allowed to address that if they even thought of it).

Paul

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I have done KTL and LOC and in fact I am a sup, review auditor and C/S for it. (well I was, before it got real cold out here and I had to use my certs to start a bonfire...).

The supes would usually resolve the out of alignment step with the person (that last step of LOC). At least in my org, which was a large and very stable org, the supes were well trained and as a C/S I rarely had to get involved cause those sups were really manipulative in getting the person figured out, especially with keeping them in the Sea Org and on their same post.

Div6

Crusader
I have done KTL and LOC and in fact I am a sup, review auditor and C/S for it. (well I was, before it got real cold out here and I had to use my certs to start a bonfire...).

The supes would usually resolve the out of alignment step with the person (that last step of LOC). At least in my org, which was a large and very stable org, the supes were well trained and as a C/S I rarely had to get involved cause those sups were really manipulative in getting the person figured out, especially with keeping them in the Sea Org and on their same post.

You mean they could evaluate for the person, as they weren't auditing them?
Was that part of the sup course, or a tacit understanding?

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
That LOC ended up creating problems for SO management because it basically gave the student pretty much free choice over his "hat in life", as far as I recall. So if someone posted as Toilet Cleaning I/C for the previous three years suddenly discovered he had always wanted to be a rock singer, the course checksheet went in the direction of him working out how to change his life and achieve that. Obviously this didn't go down too well with those trying to keep the show on the road.

Oh yes!

Does anyone else remember the Pam Jepson cycle at the HGB?

Pam Jepson was previously Pam Loewing, wife of Rudi Loewing. When she was married to Rudi, they had something like 5 kids. Rudi went out-2D with Claire Rousseau (that was a whole other flappy saga). Pam and Rudi got divorced.

Pam eventually remarried Steve Jepson. He was posted as Security Chief at the HGB. Pam was on some HCO post there; don't remember what.

So you have two long time, experienced staff members who are both HCO qual'd. Those who have been in know how valuable the SO considers this type of staff member to be.

Pam does KTL and LOC. Her cognition on LOC is that she wants to "create free beings".

Well, I'm sure no one thought much of it. Sounds very Scientological and Sea Org-y as a goal.

But she meant it literally.

Within a month she was pregnant.

This was way after the "no kids" issue was out in the SO. She must have been adamant about keeping the baby. Her and Phil both wound up out of the Sea Org.

This was a major impetus for the first (of, I'm sure, many) "investigations into the out tech delivery of KTL and LOC".

Some people were accommodated. Later, the materials were, er, "clarified" to remove this opportunity.

I did KTL and LOC when they first came out.

Personally, as a staff member, I found LOC - hard to find the word - "unsettling". The beginning of the course makes you break your life down into its various parts: all your divisions and departments.

Well, in the SO you have no life, except for being on staff. You don't own anything. You don't really have an actual 2D with a family life and kids. You have no time to call your own.

How are you supposed to fill out these elaborate detailed org boards, with your Div 6 and your Div 2 and your PR departments and everything else?

Without meaning to, it realy highlighted all you were missing in life being a Sea Org member.

Then, somehow, by the end of the course the materials take some kind of bizzare convoluted turn to imply that the best thing you could do for your multicompartmentalized org board was to join staff.

It made no sense.

Not too surprising that so many staff routed out soon after completing the course.

barky

Patron with Honors
Not too surprising that so many staff routed out soon after completing the course.

It's so funny that when actually applying the tech (this is true not only with LOC but also PTS and other, similar techs), flaws about Scn ethics/admin continually show up, but the answer is to "fix the tech" or "fix the case" and not "fix Scn or the SO".

Scn management: that's called "Wrong Target", buttheads! That's why you've failed.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Thanks for all the responses!

Alan, that sounds like a brilliant thing, all these beings coming into their real valence, however per Whatevers post (and lulu bells) you can see what a disaster that would be for a Sea Org member who has had their Dynamics suppressed. It seems cruel to make a Sea Org member to do this. I routed off staff in a rather unusual manner and never got to do these courses after their release. I experienced the Sea Org in fun days, though the rigidness did start to materialise. At one point I was quite sad about the loss on my dynamics. If I had been sat down to write up my own personal org board on LOC, I think I may have caved in! I can see how this can be an outpoint. Depends on how you feel when your in the Sea Org. A lot of the UK guys around Saint Hill seem quite happy and have managed to incorporate their Dynamics in in a very clever way. I think Saint Hill, although not the best, is far better than Flag and AOLA for way of life.

I am quite keen on doing these courses, but as they are from the RTC/DM 'lost treasures' 'lost tech' 'LRH discoveries' period, I do not believe individuals in the Freezone deliver.

VIT

Last edited:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
This whole thing about LOC and the treachery of Sea Org members examining their lives and looking for their "true purpose".

It reminds me of an absolutely great post by Dan Garvin, a ex-Sea Org member, that he posted on another forum. I will have to find it and get his permission to repost it here.

Basically he was talking about when he was posted briefly as a recruiter. He hated recruiting (didn't we all?).

But what he really hated was when he got someone he was supposed to recruit who had a "special purpose".

"I want to clear the planet by disseminating Scientology by playing my mandolin/being a famous actor/writing a book exposing psychiatry", etc., etc. You know the type.

He knew he had to play along to get the guy to sign. Knowing full well that no matter what the guy wanted to do, as soon as he hit the EPF, he would be used as a "coin" and wind up in the call in unit at ASHO to free up someone else to go uplines.

He said he way preferred the "one size fits all" recruit who was basically a warm body who could be put anywhere and wouldn't complain.

That's pretty much the reality of the Sea Org.

Last edited:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
A lot of the UK guys around Saint Hill seem quite happy and have managed to incorporate their Dynamics in in a very clever way. I think Saint Hill, although not the best, is far better than Flag and AOLA for way of life.

It's been observed before that the farther away an org is from Scientology management, the more sane are the lives of the staff.

The UK staff should thank the Atlantic Ocean. ;)

petraph33

Patron with Honors
surely that was a wrong step for me then.... After I did that CTP on the KTL I had a bad accident and ended up in hospital after that, was actually in a coma for 2 weeks! Then I got a whole series of PTS RD and reviews which never solved the situation for me, I suppose it was all wrong target in the first place then?! Never looked at it this way, big relief now to see it though. wow, quite something to push a PTSness on someone who is not PTS, isn't it? Could have gone awefully wrong for me that. Anyway, that's long gone now. But I must say I was stuck on that for a long while....
Petra

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
From what I have been able to glean....no. No GAT versions, no delivery. Another fine product brought to you be the Diminuitive Minion....

Well. that's interesting.

I wonder what's up with that?

What happened to the "World Out of Comm" Eval?

(I gues DM is more concerned about the World Out of Money...)

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Well. that's interesting.

I wonder what's up with that?

What happened to the "World Out of Comm" Eval?

(I gues DM is more concerned about the World Out of Money...)

It was still delivered as of 2004. Just not a priority. Alot of staff got dropped mid the courses, just like they get dropped mid a million other courses. There are only 24 hours in a day. No way to fit in study time, especially if you wanted a little sleep in there too.

Björkist

Silver Meritorious Patron
surely that was a wrong step for me then.... After I did that CTP on the KTL I had a bad accident and ended up in hospital after that, was actually in a coma for 2 weeks! Then I got a whole series of PTS RD and reviews which never solved the situation for me, I suppose it was all wrong target in the first place then?! Never looked at it this way, big relief now to see it though. wow, quite something to push a PTSness on someone who is not PTS, isn't it? Could have gone awefully wrong for me that. Anyway, that's long gone now. But I must say I was stuck on that for a long while....
Petra

Was this at NY Org?

If so, I heard this story when I was there.

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
I did KTL...not LOC.

KTL Clay Table processing took a long time (too long, compared to say the TR's Clay Table Processing, that went fairly quickly.) I was supping at the time, and the EP occurred while I was supping. I had to stand off in a corner and cognite for about 20 minutes...trying to hang on to enough of it to be able to write something down. The rest of the course was learing to subjugate the verb to Be, in past, present and future tenses, and the definitions of small English words.

I actually liked it as a course....

Sure glad I left before that nonsense. I learned how to subjugate and play with plasticine in primary school.

haiqu

Amadeus Einstein

Patron with Honors
In the early 1990s London Org had a good dozen or more students on KTL/LOC, with its own dedicated sup and course room.

With the events leading up to the release of GAT and the sups/word clearers being sent to Flag, both KTL/LOC sups (Day and Fdn) were ripped off their posts to train as the new GAT sups. For a while after the release of GAT, the remaining KTL/LOC students were mixed in with the Academy (which IIRC is a contravention of the policies on the delivery of KTL/LOC) because there were no dedicated sups after that to service them. No further KTL/LOC packages were sold in London after 1996 and eventually as people graduated the numbers dwindled down to nothing. As far as I know these courses were still being delivered at Saint Hill, at least up to 2005.

Does anyone know if these courses are being delivered in the independent field, or at least if the materials are available somewhere?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
In the early 1990s London Org had a good dozen or more students on KTL/LOC, with its own dedicated sup and course room.

With the events leading up to the release of GAT and the sups/word clearers being sent to Flag, both KTL/LOC sups (Day and Fdn) were ripped off their posts to train as the new GAT sups. For a while after the release of GAT, the remaining KTL/LOC students were mixed in with the Academy (which IIRC is a contravention of the policies on the delivery of KTL/LOC) because there were no dedicated sups after that to service them. No further KTL/LOC packages were sold in London after 1996 and eventually as people graduated the numbers dwindled down to nothing. As far as I know these courses were still being delivered at Saint Hill, at least up to 2005.

Does anyone know if these courses are being delivered in the independent field, or at least if the materials are available somewhere?

My Clay Table Processing on Pro TRs was excellent. I loved it. Had a big win, too.

Had to do with granting beingness - if you can believe that.