What's new

Hi! (they phone me, I join here)

Carmel

Crusader
Welcome, Xclam! :)

When they call, if you want to get rid of them, rather than enlighten them, just tell them that you oppose the CofS, and that they can have a conversation with you if they like, but that you will be posting whatever they say on the net - that should do the trick! :)

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome, Xclam! :)

When they call, if you want to get rid of them, rather than enlighten them, just tell them that you oppose the CofS, and that they can have a conversation with you if they like, but that you will be posting whatever they say on the net - that should do the trick! :)

What she said and tell them you're keeping notes of the phone call:D

I guarantee they'll get off the phone before you can say "Xenu.":yes:

Oh, and welcome to ESMB.:thumbsup:

Xclam

Patron
Thanks all!

Megalomaniac - good suggestion, I'm afraid I don't feel eloquent enough or updated on the current state of Scn to be ready to get into any conversations with them. But I'm trying to remember that I could have been one of those people who have to make those phone calls so I'll try not to be too rude. I think I'll go for the "wrong number" option, or not answer and hope they'll stop.

I'll tell my story about my time in the Adelaide org some time, but it's not very spectacular. I have a feeling the Adelaide org was quite relaxed, otherwise I would probably have been sent to the Ethics office more often than I did (only once). The people there was quite nice for the most part. I took care of the personality tests in Waymouth St org and for a short while also in the little office they had on that other street that I forget the name of.

Feral

Rogue male
Welcome Xclam, I'm never rude, but they don't call me anymore.

When they did I took the time to explain the inconsistencies of the church, the abuses at INT and the long list of high ranking defectors. The lack of even 1% of the 10,000,000 members and the enforced abortions and human rights abuses throughout the SO.

I used to keep notes by the phone so I wouldn't forget to tell them anything important.

I don't know why they don't call anymore...

Last edited:

Minuet #1 in G

Patron with Honors
Hi Xclam old fellow Adelaidian. Might have known you, though I was off Ade org staff by March 1986.

Dont remember a Swedish fellow doing OCAs. You might have been at the test centre that was going for a little while in Hindley Street.

Re the phone calls they dont call me anymore since they found out I posted here.

Went from about 3-4 a day to mobiles and land line to nothing now for months and months. Ah bliss.

Cheers
Min

Xclam

Patron
Then we didn't meet, Minuet, I joined in December 87 (or did you stay on after 86?). I was staff at the evening org, for a short while in Hindley Street but most of the time in Waymouth. First I stayed in a flat with some other Scienos in the southern part of the city but then I had a room at the Hungarian dentist's flat if you know who I mean.

When I joined there was another Swede there actually, but he left shortly after. Many of the students at the org were non-Aussies like me, and I think many of them hadn't been there for very long. Maybe we have some mutual acquaintances though. Hudson was the boss when I was there (is there a policy against naming people here?).

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
What's the best policy, just not answer? Try to convince them to delete me from their lists? Be abusive and hope they'll get the message that way?
I'd use the opportunity to ask them why two former members of the WatchDog Committee agree that David Miscavige is a violent bully and abuses Sea Org staff. Or to ask why the Church leaders gave out parts of Marty Rathbun's and Mike Rinder's pc folders to be published in the newspaper.

Welcome aboard, matey.

Mystic

Crusader
I got a call from some reg trying to push the basics spew and I've been out for 28 years. How in the world they tracked me down is a wonderful work of spending a mess of useless money. I finally told the bitch I was a declared suppressive and she buggered off.

Butt! I got another call about a month later and I screamed into the phone that Hubbard could just stick it all up his dead ass.

And I've now not heard from them in 6 months.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I used to keep notes by the phone so I wouldn't forget to tell them anything important.

Now this is a causative SP!

Much better than, "Hello? Oh Hai! Wait. I gotta go get my fully bullet-pointed manifesto. It's hanging on the refrigerator. Be right back!"

Click.

With it right there next to the phone, you can begin rattling off each carefully worded point - and they don't even have a chance!

It's a reverse boiler-room technique.

Very effective.:thumbsup:

I also like this one from Megalomaniac:

Since you asked. I recommend the following:
  1. Treat the caller like a real person. Don't think of him as some cult wacko. Be polite. Be honest and straightforward.
  2. Be ready with a summary of what you want to say. What *I* want to say is:
    --- I had some great experiences with Scientology.
    --- I also had my own communication crushed by LRH policies.
    --- I am outraged by the abuses I've learned of: coerced abortions, in particular. I've gone to great lengths to get the truth on these abuses, and so far, the info I have says they are real.
  3. I demand a solution.
  4. Demand from them, personally, a solution. That specific person calling you needs to explain why they, personally, support an organization that has committed such abuses and have not taken responsibility. Pressure them into taking responsibility.
  5. Make 'em a deal. Offer to buy a book if they can provide specific credible evidence, say, that refutes Astra Woodcraft's story. Offer to buy a CD if they cancel the Disconnection policy. That would be a fair deal.
  6. Ask to talk to their senior, since the phone calls aren't stopping. Get the name and phone number of their senior. Follow through and call the senior.
Or just be snarky. Whatever.

:)
mac

Last edited:

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome to ESMB.

I too receive phone calls from Flag, Freewinds, LA etc etc. Especially since the new releases are out with the Maiden Voyage events.

I question everything that is said however, I'm very polite and very certain on what I'm saying and I instill enough doubt in their sales pitch that it sends them into a spin...:ohmy:

Anyway, the best advice is be happy :happydance:

Cheers
Happy Days :dance3:

Scn.Hun

Patron
Hi Xclam!

Great to have you here. :thumbsup:

You should pick up the phone and tell them, that you are very eager to speak with them, but not right now, because you are very busy. Just tell them to call you back when it is 4 or 5 a.m. in the morning in LA or Clearwater (it should be like 10-11 a.m. in Sweden) :D
If you did it some times they will give it up.

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
What's the best policy, just not answer? Try to convince them to delete me from their lists? Be abusive and hope they'll get the message that way?

Hi Xclam. I'm an old Adelaidean too. I was on staff in the early 80's then on course for years and years after that.

Here is a suggestion regarding the telephone calls - its not very nice, but it has worked for me. The minute I realised there was a $cn on the phone, I would say, very politely, excuse me a minute, and put the phone down and walk away (not hang up you understand). This wastes their time and phone money, you are not caught up in a endless harangue, you don't have to be rude, and you don't have to be involved with the bullshit. It is also very satisfying to come back half an hour later and find they have gone. I had to do this a few times, but they all eventually stopped ringing. It also made me laugh, and that was good too.

It seems a lot of us 'old timers' have joined this board after Co$ started phoning and calling. I did too!
Keep the good work going Co$! This drive has obviously backfired on them!