What's new

The letter that has gotten more than $400K repaid from the CofS

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
OK, there are so many threads about getting repayments, that I thought I'd just permanently post the letter that several people on this board have used to get a repayment. This is the letter my hubby wrote that got our repayments ($26K), GTs selectee's repayment ($200K), TookMeAWhile's repayment, etc. I'm sure there are more, but that's all remember at this moment.

November 26, 2006

Church of Scientology
Flag Service Org
503 Cleveland Street
Clearwater, FL 33755

Re: Full Refund of all Moneys on Account, $695.00

Attn: Treasury

I hereby demand a full repayment of all funds currently on account. Within the Church this is commonly referred to as “Advanced Payments”. I have decided to forego all future participation in the Church of Scientology and therefore will never use any money on account for future services. This letter shall serve as proof that I am leaving the Church of Scientology.

This demand includes, but is not limited to: money on account for counseling, money on account for training, money on account for books and other materials, as well as money which has been debited and currently held in my counseling folders as unused hours.

A quick and full refund is expected within 7 days of receipt of this letter. This demand is in accordance with existing Church Policy, the same Policy that was quoted to the IRS when the Church of Scientology was granted tax-exempt status. This Policy is commonly referred to as “Fair Use”.

Failure to comply with this demand will result in legal action by my attorney.

Sign

Copies to:

Parker Stanbury, LLP Attorneys at Law
US House of Representatives, Committee on Ways and Means

Note: WE DID NOT SEND COPIES TO OUR ATTORNEY OR THE WAYS AND MEANS. That was a scare tactic.

Note: Yes, we had to sign our own expulsion confirmation and yes, we got declared (completely off policy). I'd gotten two repayments prior to leaving the CofS and was NOT declared.

Note: We did NOT do a routing form.

Note: Between my hubby and I we got back $26+K. He only happened to have $695 on account at FSO.

We have had NO success getting hubby's money back from the IAS ($40K). However, TookMeAWhile did get money back. See his thread.

I sure hope this clears up all the confusion about repayments. Which are completely different from refunds.

Repayments = only money on account
Refunds = return of all money ever paid to the CofS for services (training, auditing, etc.)

Maybe all the people that have used the above letter should post how much they got back. Then GT and I would have a real "stat". :happydance:

You don't have to use the letter exactly as it is written, but it certainly is a place to start.

The checks my hubby and I received were dated within seven to 10 days of the date of our letter. The letter worked very well.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Why not just send it? No need to be scary. You'd just be making sure the people who need to know, know.

my 2c,
Mac

Because sending the letter to an attorney truly pisses off the CofS and it delays getting your money. They don't need to know that you've contacted an attorney or not. Let them think you did.

Hell, they used their mob attorney to repay our money. And when their mob attorney lost the stale dated checks I had to contact CLO to get the replacement checks.

By the time we received our checks, even tho they were dated within 10 days of our letter, some of them were over 3 months old (we had a problem with our forwarding of mail).

The point is: the letter WORKS - period. :happydance:

Last edited:

Good twin

Floater
OK. :unsure: I still think that if you say you're copying someone, you oughta copy 'em. Jus sayin.

You don't scare me.

I hug you both. :hug: :hug:

And a hug for the mob attorney :omg: :hug: . I hope he finds better employment :yes: .

Now, when you get your money back, be careful :naughty: where you spend it next time. :coolwink:

:smoochy:

ScnRebel

Patron
Hi Kathy,

I have been looking at your letter, and seeing why it would be effective in getting a repayment without having to go through the CVB line.

Quite a few years back I was handling a repayment for a guy who wanted everything that he had not had delivered back. He had gotten started on the CVB routing form. I was doing the steps with him, one of which was doing the Tech handlings. I had to take him through his recent materials and check for MU's. After that I had to check if he was PTS. At that point he said that he was connected to someone who was Anti-Scientology, and that he was not going to disconnect. When I got with the KOT at the CLO on this, she said that because he was PTS Type A, and that he did not want to disconnect, it made him PTS Type A per the policy I mention below, and that we had to give him his money back. So she cancelled the CVB routing form, and we gave him his money back.

Taking a look at your letter, you have threatened to sue the church. This is covered in Point C of the following Policy:

HCO PL 27 Oct 1964R, POLICIES ON PHYSICAL HEALING, INSANITY AND SOURCES OF TROUBLE:

"c. Persons who have ever threatened to sue or embarrass or attach or who have publicly attacked Scientology or been a party to an attack and all their immediate families should never be accepted for processing by a Central Organization or an auditor. They have a history of only serving ends than case gain and commonly again turn on the organization or auditor. They have already barred themselves out of their own overts against Scientology and are thereafter too difficult to help, since they cannot openly accept help from those they have tried to injure."

"All the above "sources of trouble" are also forbidden training, and when a person being trained or audited is detected to belong under the above headings (a) to (j), he or she should be advised to terminate and accept refund which must be paid at once and the full explanation should be given them at that time..."

So just the fact that you have threatened to sue is what speeds up the repayment, and is why it will bypass the CVB line and get the money back speedily.

I also think that you might not get this with every org that you try it on, as they may not know to use this policy. You might want to point it out if you need to.

On another point, just posting information on this site is a violation of this point, and makes you out A-J. :happydance:

(C) 2009 EXSCN. No rights reserved.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good Job!

Good job Kathy on getting your money back so scio can't spend it on church stuff.

The letter is expertly written. Hopefully others will be able to plagiarize it and get their money back too. :)

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Hi Kathy,

I have been looking at your letter, and seeing why it would be effective in getting a repayment without having to go through the CVB line.

Quite a few years back I was handling a repayment for a guy who wanted everything that he had not had delivered back. He had gotten started on the CVB routing form. I was doing the steps with him, one of which was doing the Tech handlings. I had to take him through his recent materials and check for MU's. After that I had to check if he was PTS. At that point he said that he was connected to someone who was Anti-Scientology, and that he was not going to disconnect. When I got with the KOT at the CLO on this, she said that because he was PTS Type A, and that he did not want to disconnect, it made him PTS Type A per the policy I mention below, and that we had to give him his money back. So she cancelled the CVB routing form, and we gave him his money back.

Taking a look at your letter, you have threatened to sue the church. This is covered in Point C of the following Policy:

HCO PL 27 Oct 1964R, POLICIES ON PHYSICAL HEALING, INSANITY AND SOURCES OF TROUBLE:

"c. Persons who have ever threatened to sue or embarrass or attach or who have publicly attacked Scientology or been a party to an attack and all their immediate families should never be accepted for processing by a Central Organization or an auditor. They have a history of only serving ends than case gain and commonly again turn on the organization or auditor. They have already barred themselves out of their own overts against Scientology and are thereafter too difficult to help, since they cannot openly accept help from those they have tried to injure."

"All the above "sources of trouble" are also forbidden training, and when a person being trained or audited is detected to belong under the above headings (a) to (j), he or she should be advised to terminate and accept refund which must be paid at once and the full explanation should be given them at that time..."

So just the fact that you have threatened to sue is what speeds up the repayment, and is why it will bypass the CVB line and get the money back speedily.

I also think that you might not get this with every org that you try it on, as they may not know to use this policy. You might want to point it out if you need to.

On another point, just posting information on this site is a violation of this point, and makes you out A-J. :happydance:

Hi ScnRebel,
Although I've been reading forums critical of Scientology for quite some time, your Scientologese is just too much for me. But I'd like to understand what you're saying, so how about a translation? Or is your post "insiders only"? If so, then please disregard.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Kathy,

ScnRebel,

Thanks for the information. We were asked to do a routing form. We refused. The letter I posted went to several different Orgs - we had money on account at several. And any paper transfers were repaid by the Org that transferred the money. Very confusing stuff.

In my opinion, the Orgs (at least AOLA and ASHO) had already decided they didn't want us as public, but had no policy to apply to get us off lines. Our letter made it very easy for them. (Flag had booted me out many years prior after Lisa M. died - the Org that gave me a repayment without a declare.)

Both my hubby and I were recalling a lot of stuff in session about LRH, and we both feel our individual org was threatened by our recalls. He was on lines at ASHO and I was on lines at AOLA and had been trying to get him handled at AOLA - but ASHO kept taking his folders back. In fact, I was lied to for about three months that his folders were in with the FESer when in fact ASHO had stolen the folders back. So, again, our letters made it very easy to get rid of us and use the repayment demand as an excuse to declare us. (I've posted my declare on my story thread - and NOT a single word of it is true.)

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good job Kathy on getting your money back so scio can't spend it on church stuff.

The letter is expertly written. Hopefully others will be able to plagiarize it and get their money back too. :)

Others have used it, hence the title of the thread. :happydance:

MAX YOUR CREDIT

Patron with Honors
OK, there are so many threads about getting repayments, that I thought I'd just permanently post the letter that several people on this board have used to get a repayment. This is the letter my hubby wrote that got our repayments ($26K), GTs selectee's repayment ($200K), TookMeAWhile's repayment, etc. I'm sure there are more, but that's all remember at this moment.

November 26, 2006

Church of Scientology
Flag Service Org
503 Cleveland Street
Clearwater, FL 33755

Re: Full Refund of all Moneys on Account, $695.00

Attn: Treasury

I hereby demand a full repayment of all funds currently on account. Within the Church this is commonly referred to as “Advanced Payments”. I have decided to forego all future participation in the Church of Scientology and therefore will never use any money on account for future services. This letter shall serve as proof that I am leaving the Church of Scientology.

This demand includes, but is not limited to: money on account for counseling, money on account for training, money on account for books and other materials, as well as money which has been debited and currently held in my counseling folders as unused hours.

A quick and full refund is expected within 7 days of receipt of this letter. This demand is in accordance with existing Church Policy, the same Policy that was quoted to the IRS when the Church of Scientology was granted tax-exempt status. This Policy is commonly referred to as “Fair Use”.

Failure to comply with this demand will result in legal action by my attorney.

Sign

Copies to:

Parker Stanbury, LLP Attorneys at Law
US House of Representatives, Committee on Ways and Means

Note: WE DID NOT SEND COPIES TO OUR ATTORNEY OR THE WAYS AND MEANS. That was a scare tactic.

Note: Yes, we had to sign our own expulsion confirmation and yes, we got declared (completely off policy). I'd gotten two repayments prior to leaving the CofS and was NOT declared.

Note: We did NOT do a routing form.

Note: Between my hubby and I we got back $26+K. He only happened to have $695 on account at FSO.

We have had NO success getting hubby's money back from the IAS ($40K). However, TookMeAWhile did get money back. See his thread.

I sure hope this clears up all the confusion about repayments. Which are completely different from refunds.

Repayments = only money on account
Refunds = return of all money ever paid to the CofS for services (training, auditing, etc.)

Maybe all the people that have used the above letter should post how much they got back. Then GT and I would have a real "stat". :happydance:

You don't have to use the letter exactly as it is written, but it certainly is a place to start.

The checks my hubby and I received were dated within seven to 10 days of the date of our letter. The letter worked very well.

THANK YOU!! :thumbsup:

I have money at CCI (Hollywood) and at Flag. I'm gonna begin the process right away. I'll PM you if I get into in difficulties or have any questions. I really appreciate everyones Help!

It's been a year since I was last in the org and many scn friends are writing me asking where I've been or wanting to meet me for coffee and/or talk to me...etc.etc.

Some friends just disconnected from me...Oh well! :confused2:

Getting my money from account just solidifies I am no longer part of the cult
and have no ties with the cult.

MAX YOUR CREDIT

Patron with Honors
Another question folks..... what if I was in the middle of a course
and did not complete? Can I get a repayment for that course?
I was in the middle of KTL. Can I get a repayment for that if I did not complete it or would that be considered a refund?

I paid for both KTL and LOC. LOC has not been debited yet.

Thank you in advance for all replies!

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
THANK YOU!! :thumbsup:

I have money at CCI (Hollywood) and at Flag. I'm gonna begin the process right away. I'll PM you if I get into in difficulties or have any questions. I really appreciate everyones Help!

It's been a year since I was last in the org and many scn friends are writing me asking where I've been or wanting to meet me for coffee and/or talk to me...etc.etc.

Some friends just disconnected from me...Oh well! :confused2:

Getting my money from account just solidifies I am no longer part of the cult
and have no ties with the cult.

As for the people calling you out of no where - Read this thread:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=12120