What's new

More DOF E-Meter Videos

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Then FOR SURE none of you will believe the results. Having an ExScientologist do the work is the best way to prove my case.

No, I don't think so. You just don't want to spend the money on this - shame on you.
Don't chicken out. Do it yourself and others can compare notes.

I am not entirely against some of your ideas about the e-emeter, like ideomotor effects.

According to your point of view (if I haven't misunderstood you), the meter should be rock solid stuck in one place. But it is not - even with the finger connections instead of cans.

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
No, I don't think so. You just don't want to spend the money on this - shame on you.
Don't chicken out. Do it yourself and others can compare notes.

I am not entirely against some of your ideas about the e-emeter, like ideomotor effects.

According to your point of view (if I haven't misunderstood you), the meter should be rock solid stuck in one place. But it is not - even with the finger connections instead of cans.

Me chicken?

I've identified some reasons why the e-meter needle could still move a bit, when underwater. Check the main e-meter thread. But as you can see in the above video, when Paul does not move and shuts up the needle doesn't budge.

That's actually a fantastic discovery, but I'm alone here celebrating.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
AO — do you remember that "stress test" video you linked to here a week or so ago, maybe Smurf's, I'm not sure? The camera was covert and never actually showed the needle. I remarked on it at the time, but you didn't respond. The person operating the meter asked the "pc" to think over his life, anything stressful. After a short while she asked, "What was that?" The pc started talking about a time his father left, and seemed to be genuinely responding.

As I said, the needle wasn't on camera at all, but I assume the meter operator had picked up on a read caused by the pc's thinking of a stressful incident. The purpose of the "what was that?" is to find out what the pc was thinking at the moment of the read so it can be explored further. If the read hadn't matched anything significant, the pc would have said, "huh?" or similar. But it did match something stressful to the pc, who was certainly not there in the first place to advertise how useful Scn auditing is.

How do you explain that event if the meter only responds to speech or body movement?

Paul

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
AO — do you remember that "stress test" video you linked to here a week or so ago, maybe Smurf's, I'm not sure? The camera was covert and never actually showed the needle. I remarked on it at the time, but you didn't respond. The person operating the meter asked the "pc" to think over his life, anything stressful. After a short while she asked, "What was that?" The pc started talking about a time his father left, and seemed to be genuinely responding.

As I said, the needle wasn't on camera at all, but I assume the meter operator had picked up on a read caused by the pc's thinking of a stressful incident. The purpose of the "what was that?" is to find out what the pc was thinking at the moment of the read so it can be explored further. If the read hadn't matched anything significant, the pc would have said, "huh?" or similar. But it did match something stressful to the pc, who was certainly not there in the first place to advertise how useful Scn auditing is.

How do you explain that event if the meter only responds to speech or body movement?

Paul

Oh, this oughta be good if not totally entertaining. I canardly wait. :coolwink:

Last edited:

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron

Paul, for the millionth time, the meter responds to grip variations and sweat. You guys originally denied that and said easily visible by the auditor. You were wrong, please admit it.

In Pope's video the meter needle moved because he squeezed the cans, unconsciously or not. In my E-Meter video, I make the needle bang-bang from left to right by simple squeezing. I even asked her to reduce the sensitivity.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Paul, for the millionth time, the meter responds to grip variations and sweat. You guys originally denied that and said easily visible by the auditor. You were wrong, please admit it.

In Pope's video the meter needle moved because he squeezed the cans, unconsciously or not. In my E-Meter video, I make the needle bang-bang from left to right by simple squeezing. I even asked her to reduce the sensitivity.

We have never denied the meter responds to grip variations and sweat. What we deny is that it only responds to those parameters.

But you did answer my question. Thank you.

Paul

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
We have never denied the meter responds to grip variations and sweat. What we deny is that it only responds to those parameters.

Don't try to twist this around. Early on you said that an auditor could easily spot grip changes and discern them form real reads. By now you should doubt your own words.

And I too think that the e-meter could respond to pure body effects such as when you feel that electrical rush, when caught in a lie. We just have not seen that yet on the meter.

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Don't try to twist this around. Early on you said that an auditor could easily spot grip changes and discern them form real reads. By now you should doubt your own words.

And I too think that the e-meter could respond to pure body effects such as when you feel that electrical rush, when caught in a lie. We just have not seen that yet on the meter.

Wall? What wall?

Meter reads? What reads? :confused2:

nw2394

Silver Meritorious Patron

You sound more stuck in your point of view than a creationist.

You haven't foaded yet unfortunately.

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
You sound more stuck in your point of view than a creationist.

You haven't foaded yet unfortunately.

The facts from Paul's first underwater video are all you need to WAKE UP. I'm not stuck in a point of view, but I really think you are.

Please explain how an auditor can make legitimate reads of the human body, using an E-Meter, while the needle is all over the place due to unrelated artifacts?

The E-Meter is BULLSHIT. Get used to hearing that.

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Earlier I had mentioned that a pulse could be detected on the e-meter with sensitivity set too high. Apparently I am not the only one to make this observation:

"Keep the needle around the 'set' mark. Keep the sensitivity low so that you only get significant readings (not breath or heartbeat)." -- HCOB British E-Meter Operation

Concerning electrode anomalies:

"You will find three times as much needle response [with soup cans] as with the aluminum electrodes." -- E-Meter Electrodes, A Dissertation On Soup Cans

It is no wonder the water test produced far smaller reads.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
"Keep the needle around the 'set' mark. Keep the sensitivity low so that you only get significant readings (not breath or heartbeat)." -- HCOB British E-Meter Operation

I can't get my heartbeat to register even at highest sensitivity and using fingertip electrodes. If I make the fingertip electrodes too tight I can feel the pulse throbbing against the metal there, but it doesn't show up on the meter needle. My regular breathing will show at highest sensitivity though.

Paul

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Concerning electrode anomalies:

"You will find three times as much needle response [with soup cans] as with the aluminum electrodes." -- E-Meter Electrodes, A Dissertation On Soup Cans

Hubbard is wrong again. Aluminum is a better conductor, (but it corrodes faster). I compared the resistance from Red Bull cans (aluminum) to asparagus cans (steel). The Red Bull cans had better contact, even though they are partially painted. The difference was not huge, but could be seen on an Ohmmeter.

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can't get my heartbeat to register even at highest sensitivity and using fingertip electrodes. If I make the fingertip electrodes too tight I can feel the pulse throbbing against the metal there, but it doesn't show up on the meter needle. My regular breathing will show at highest sensitivity though.

Paul

That's okay. E-metering is more an art than a science. I have learned to pay no attention to apparent anomalies. The pc is always more important than the meter.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hubbard is wrong again. Aluminum is a better conductor, (but it corrodes faster). I compared the resistance from Red Bull cans (aluminum) to asparagus cans (steel). The Red Bull cans had better contact, even though they are partially painted. The difference was not huge, but could be seen on an Ohmmeter.

Hubbard was talking about reads, i.e. sudden rapid change in resistance. Are you talking about something else?

Paul

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron

Paul

Paul, there are two different things to measure. The electrical beat and the blood pressure beat.

To measure the electrical beat, you can't have both electrodes on the same hand. You need it in each hand or better still, open up the electrode to expose the contact, wet the area and place it near your heart. You should get a reading (check where they hook up EKG meters).

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hubbard was talking about reads, i.e. sudden rapid change in resistance. Are you talking about something else?

Paul

The BODY will not make sudden, rapid changes in resistance. (That is the fundamental point Hubbard got wrong, which now invalidates the E-Meter) The skin contact quality will change a lot, as we have seen. GSR also (apparently) changes rapidly, but it does not seem to work underwater.

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Paul, there are two different things to measure. The electrical beat and the blood pressure beat.

To measure the electrical beat, you can't have both electrodes on the same hand. You need it in each hand or better still, open up the electrode to expose the contact, wet the area and place it near your heart. You should get a reading (check where they hook up EKG meters).

Good morning, AO! :lol:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Whoops. I checked again and I can see the heartbeat registering now, whether the fingertip electrodes are on one hand or two. I found I needed to feel my pulse at the wrist at the same time so I could find the motion. It read as a quarter inch fall, but that is at sens 32 and where a full dial is literally 18 inches across (my computer monitor).

Paul