What's new

Scientology Sydney puffs out its chest

supafreak

Patron Meritorious
After the recent media shitstorm in the SP Times, which was also picked up by other newspapers around the world, Scientology Sydney decides to hit back...with a cover feature in Central Sydney, a pissy little freebie inner-city mag.

Enjoy the lulz with Cyrus Brooks on the cover and page 4: http://digitaledition.centralmag.com.au/

Cyrus Brooks is too skinny. I bet the Sea Org is having trouble affording its rice and beans these days. I'd love to eat something in front of him, but that would mean facefagging.

Source: asyd (http://www.asyd.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=13560#p13560) with credit to witch.

Last edited:

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Thanks for posting.

I wonder when the last time he ate a decent bit of steak was, washed down with a lovely red.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Cyrus has lost a LOT of weight:ohmy:

Should you maybe take food parcels to the next raid, Supa?:whistling:

supafreak

Patron Meritorious
Scooter, we got together a bag of store-bought, packaged goodies at the Christmas raid, but nobody from AOSH would accept it, so we left it on the doorstep. It was probably thrown away.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Scooter, we got together a bag of store-bought, packaged goodies at the Christmas raid, but nobody from AOSH would accept it, so we left it on the doorstep. It was probably thrown away.

Give gift certificates for local restaurants or food stores. They would surely be safe to accept.

Paul

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
The acceptance by SO members of any gifts (in any form) from public individuals, even from scientologists in good standing, is expressly forbidden.
I believe some parents and family members find ways to thwart this rule, I know I did.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
SO crew are forbidden from accepting gifts of any from public individuals, even from scientologists in good standing.

I took a long time friend out for sushi once, to a great Japanese Restaurant in the Valley, a few months after she'd joined the SO.

When the check came, I took out my wallet to pay. She stopped me.

She said that I was not allowed to pay for her, because it could be like a bribe and I could gain influence over SO members that way. So she took out a twenty dollar bill and said that she was paying for her own.

I said, "All right."

The bill was $120.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
I took a long time friend out for sushi once, to a great Japanese Restaurant in the Valley, a few months after she'd joined the SO.

She said that I was not allowed to pay for her, because it could be like a bribe and I could gain influence over SO members that way. So she took out a twenty dollar bill and said that she was paying for her own.

I said, "All right."

The bill was $120.

He that's out exchange. Did you write a knowledge report?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I had a Chinese meal with a couple of old SO friends in 2002, and they were still in the SO. They were willing to pay their share but I said don't be silly as I had far more money than they did, and they didn't argue at all, which is good as we ate far better than we would have done if they had had to pay their way.

Paul

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.

I said, "All right."

The bill was $120.

He[y] that's out exchange. Did you write a knowledge report?

We see it as "out-exchange", but did the SO member know of the imbalance?

I did some computer work for an ex-boss who has always enjoyed his food and wine. In payment he took me to dinner which must have cost about $160 or more. On the balance sheet that was good payment, but he could not understand that $20 in my pocket was more beneficial to me--so to me, this transaction was out-exchange because I was still way out of pocket just on fuel.

I was never aware of a "no gift policy" for SO people--but it does make sense. When someone "lives" in a room with 12 other people, has a 2-foot wide bunk and maybe has a single drawer for personal effects, where is a spare toothbrush even going to be put?

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron

Actually, Supa, they did accept it. I gave it to Alex, with a little speel about how we knew how rough xmas was in an org and we wanted to cheer them up a bit. She said security would have to examine it first.

Could you imagine living in a world where security would check your Christmas presents before you got them? That fact alone should send SO members scurrying out the door.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
The acceptance by SO members of any gifts (in any form) from public individuals, even from scientologists in good standing, is expressly forbidden.
I believe some parents and family members find ways to thwart this rule, I know I did.

I never heard of this before. I was in the SO.

Sir Facer

Patron with Honors
Cyrus .....WAKE UP!

After the recent media shitstorm in the SP Times, which was also picked up by other newspapers around the world, Scientology Sydney decides to hit back...with a cover feature in Central Sydney, a pissy little freebie inner-city mag.

Enjoy the lulz with Cyrus Brooks on the cover and page 4: http://digitaledition.centralmag.com.au/

Cyrus Brooks is too skinny. I bet the Sea Org is having trouble affording its rice and beans these days. I'd love to eat something in front of him, but that would mean facefagging.

Source: asyd (http://www.asyd.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=13560#p13560) with credit to witch.

OMG! What the fck is Cyrus lying about now....I mean c'mon Cyrus you need to put your magnifying glasses back on if you really honestly believe the Church holds "Weddings" & "sermons" there.....What a joke, in the whole five years I was in post for the Sydney Org there was one wedding held there, and as for the "Sermons" they are delivered to about 4 people max (Usually staff ) on a Sunday if the minister turns up...This is because the public used to think Sunday Service sucked, The Article reports this is a big factor....Sunday was the hardest day to get people in! So please stop talking nonsense to the media and once again put those magnifying glasses you usually wear on, and LOOK Cyrus...OMG once a dweeb always a dweeb...I'm sorry to say this Cyrus, but you are the number one Ronbot:winner:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I never heard of this before. I was in the SO.
Yes, Kooka, it was actually issued for all SO Orgs/Units. I saw it at AOSH ANZO, probably around 2000 if my memory serves me correctly. It was mostly about "external influences" etc and SO altitude, I think. Someone here will probably know more about it.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
While I appreciate the humor, I also think it's horrible to mock people who are doing what they think is right, and willing to sacrifice for it. It is a TERRIBLE position to be in, to have no money after you have worked your ass off and dedicated your life to an organizaiton which doesn't have any concern at all for your welfare. It's almost like mocking an abused child when they try to spring for their own candy rather than letting you pay.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
While I appreciate the humor, I also think it's horrible to mock people who are doing what they think is right, and willing to sacrifice for it.

Sometimes, when a person is doing what they think is 'right' and are willingly 'sacrificing' for it, mocking them is the kindest way to suggest they stop doing that.

Zinj