What's new

Lisa Marie Presley Has Left Scientology!

Terril park

Sponsor
My only experience of her was a brief glimpse of a TV interview, I guess soon after her divorce from Michael, and MJ was even then pretty off the wall, and she responded to interviewers that he was using his body as art or an art form, and she said nothing nasty about him at all. Thought she did real good!

Wisened One

Crusader
Kathy: I'm sure she was that way, as I remember when I saw her close-up in person at the Memphis Mission Grand Opening back in the 90's.

I had to step out of her path as she was walking through to enter a smaller building that was behind the Mission.

The look she had on her face well....suggested that she seemed too good for the likes of any 'regular folk' being near her, jes' sayin'...:whistling:

_brian

WogRevert
I was at Flag in the fall of 1996 and in between sessions I roamed around the Mecca and checking out the F.H. riding the elevators and on the second occasion of thinking I got in with a young woman with 2 kids in tow that looked like who I thought was Lisa, she was acting shy (kind of hiding) I just politely but teasingly asked "are you Lisa Marie" I didn't say last name, she just gave a oh shucks 'yes', I think I said 'well, ok then' and the elevator stopped and I got out.

I was probably just another scn nutter thinking he's seeing celebrities. Or maybe she was lying saying she was Lisa??

Though there was one "celebrity actress" I don't remember her name she did soap opera stuff? But she took a liking to me ( I did have to explain I was married) and we took a few walks together and she introduced me to Debbie Cook and invited me to sit with her in the front row in the VIP section of the first graduation I attended in the F.H. Strange. But later she was upset because she got a handling for hanging out with one of the simpleton's. Then that was it. Oh well.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Maybe they objected to his piercings and tattoos and orange jump-suit.

Paul

No that was somebody else.

I was just sitting there having a coffee and then she sat down in the next table with another girl and then a guard - ex LAPD rentacop - came over to tell me to move to another table, but she was close enough to see what was going on and made no effort to stop it.

Rae

Patron with Honors
No that was somebody else.

I was just sitting there having a coffee and then she sat down in the next table with another girl and then a guard - ex LAPD rentacop - came over to tell me to move to another table, but she was close enough to see what was going on and made no effort to stop it.

Barfarama..that crap happened all the time at CC. I simply refused to give up my table in the Renaissance restaurant when DM and his entourage were there eating or when Tom Cruise and his group were a few tables away. The maitre-d just left me alone...and in hushed tones...told me I was fine to stay. Bunch of BS. I could have cared less about who was who..I just wanted to eat before course. (ya know, course as in actually getting some training, purpose of the org and all that...

Sandie

Patron with Honors
Lisa Marie Presley is a shy person. She also is not a phony. I think many misunderstand her. I think it is sad the way you all make fun of her when you dont even know her.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Lisa Marie Presley is a shy person. She also is not a phony. I think many misunderstand her. I think it is sad the way you all make fun of her when you dont even know her.

The problem is this:

Lisa Marie Presley has used her name to recruit people into an abusive cult, and has done nothing to fix that.

In my opinion, as a public figure she deserves what she gets until she makes it right.

Sorry, but that's how I see it with all Scientology celebrities now.

It was never OK to hold your privileged position in the Church, and then look the other way from the abuses which were being waged like an onslaught all around you against the rights of Scientologists.

You are not Marie Antoinette.

Or are you?

Wisened One

Crusader

Sandie: Oh I'm sure she can be a nice person. We are jes' sayin' how some of her actions (and facial expressions) seem to suggest otherwise..that's all.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Except for all that stuff about being moral. . . while she's a true believer, the "right" thing to do is to "help" the poor wogs out of the muck. And I'll bet she has no idea about the abuses. . . who would tell her? Andy why would she believe them if they did.

Now, if she's waking up . . .that's going to be some huge "cognitive dissonance". I wouldn't envy her that. I think it's got to be terribly hard for celebrities in that regard. . . They can't wake up quietly the way many of us did. . . their lives are so public. . . and they have so much to lose if their confessionals are made public . . . and they know the influence they have had on others. That's a tough road. Hopefully Jason Beghe greased the track for other celebs who want to get out and make it right. . . but everyone has their own pace. If she really is getting out, it's brand new, because it's nowhere on Google or anything. Her head would have to be spinning.

I hope that anyone getting out, celebrity or not, can find a strong support network to work through it.

--TL

The problem is this:

Lisa Marie Presley has used her name to recruit people into an abusive cult, and has done nothing to fix that.

In my opinion, as a public figure she deserves what she gets until she makes it right.

Sorry, but that's how I see it with all Scientology celebrities now.

It was never OK to hold your privileged position in the Church, and then look the other way from the abuses which were being waged like an onslaught all around you against the rights of Scientologists.

You are not Marie Antoinette.

Or are you?

Partially, I agree! When I read it correctly: she was at least OTVI, so I think she had the opportunity to see the bug. But on the other side:
she was always handled as a VIP. I'm not sure, whether these people had the chance to see clearly enough what happended. When I'm right, she couldn't see in full degree, what she did.

But maybe I am too naive and I just want to see the good side of everybody :duh:

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

I'm certainly not trying to make fun of her, I was just relating a 30 second experience which says a lot about how scn celebs live in a different world than everybody else. But I agree with Alanzo that these people are allowing themselves to be used to lure people into a destructive cult, many times with disastrous results. Therefore they are a liability to society until they take a look around at what is happening and say ENOUGH! I'm sure it's going to be a bitter pill to swallow but if they are truly interested in the human rights they talk about then it's high time to get off the pot.

Wisened One

Crusader
..Someone oughta make an ESMBC Board or somethin' then...since their knowledge and treatment has been quite different.

Yet when they're doing their OT Levels, the data and auditing within them is the exact same....right? :unsure:. So during those, you'd think the celebs (just like many scn's) would be quietly realizing somethings...

Wisened One

Crusader
I'm certainly not trying to make fun of her, I was just relating a 30 second experience which says a lot about how scn celebs live in a different world than everybody else. But I agree with Alanzo that these people are allowing themselves to be used to lure people into a destructive cult, many times with disastrous results. Therefore they are a liability to society until they take a look around at what is happening and say ENOUGH! I'm sure it's going to be a bitter pill to swallow but if they are truly interested in the human rights they talk about then it's high time to get off the pot.

They either don't realize that, though (or do mental/spiritual gymnastics to justify it all).

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
As everyone knows here on ESMB, I'm a huge celebrity.

When I finally realized what was going on with Scientology and GTFO, I took straight to warning the public, loudly and immediately.

What makes me better than Lisa Marie Presley? Or John Travolta?

Or Tom Cruise?

I'm not any better than they are.

So why can't they do it, too?

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
Kathy: I'm sure she was that way, as I remember when I saw her close-up in person at the Memphis Mission Grand Opening back in the 90's.

I had to step out of her path as she was walking through to enter a smaller building that was behind the Mission.

The look she had on her face well....suggested that she seemed too good for the likes of any 'regular folk' being near her, jes' sayin'...:whistling:

Hey, kings and queens got off the wooden "roads" into the mud when Beethoven came the opposite way. Maybe she thinks she is Beethoven.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
..Someone oughta make an ESMBC Board or somethin' then...since their knowledge and treatment has been quite different.

Yet when they're doing their OT Levels, the data and auditing within them is the exact same....right? :unsure:. So during those, you'd think the celebs (just like many scn's) would be quietly realizing somethings...

To me it takes a lot of prior work to get a person conned enough to where he/she accepts the OT levels at face value. And then there are so many others around who have done them the doubts you do have get diminished by continually hearing how amazing the next level will be.

Plus they see everything in absolutely ideal circumstances: the best auditors and auditing rooms, no waiting, no intense regging - but for these guys 100K is pocket change anyway. The whole point is that this select few will have a totally positive experience and see none of the negatives so that when they go on camera and talk about scn, they have genuinely no idea why people would attack it except for the govt/psych conspiracy theories that they are taught is the real reason for all attacks. In reality these people are being played like violins.