What's new

Picket Signs

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
(and while I support your right to believe whatever you want, I feel personally that it's wrong to pimp the freezone and so I don't. People have asked about it and I am perfectly willing to say nice things, I just don't think the freezone is the solution for Scientology)

In the 13 years that I have been out of the Sea Org, the fixed ideas that fell by the wayside roughly went in the order:

1. The CofS
2. Scn tech
3. Hubbard

There are shades of grey in there, but the point is that the abuses of the CofS are the most fruitful to attack, while holding off on attacking the others. If you attack all three it is too much, and your message will get rejected as being too unreal. Pointing out that there is a FZ that delivers "standard tech" (it doesn't, but nor does the CofS), and not attacking Hubbard, makes it more palatable to ditch the CofS.

I'm not trying to enlist you as my private army, BWG. I'm not a freezoner, and I don't do Scientology per se.

Paul

bluewiggirl

Patron Meritorious
In the 13 years that I have been out of the Sea Org, the fixed ideas that fell by the wayside roughly went in the order:

1. The CofS
2. Scn tech
3. Hubbard

There are shades of grey in there, but the point is that the abuses of the CofS are the most fruitful to attack, while holding off on attacking the others. If you attack all three it is too much, and your message will get rejected as being too unreal. Pointing out that there is a FZ that delivers "standard tech" (it doesn't, but nor does the CofS), and not attacking Hubbard, makes it more palatable to ditch the CofS.

I'm not trying to enlist you as my private army, BWG. I'm not a freezoner, and I don't do Scientology per se.

Paul

I don't go around "LOL XENU"

...much :coolwink:

Any examples? (besides those philosophies that were influenced by Scientology) It was a new concept to me when I was introduced to it as a Scientologist. It's actually one idea that I have internalized -- I think life as a game makes more sense than anything else; but I've never seen it in any other philosophies.

-TL

It's implicit in Hinduism and various derivatives including Buddhism. Taoism and Gnosticism also has the idea in some fashion. Some new age practices have assimilated similar perspectives. Language varies, concepts the same: spiritual exploration through creation, action, termination.

Mark A. Baker

I liked the idea of including the thing about games somehow, and I don't have room for "your game is flawed and here's several sources that document why, now please consider playing a new game with me and my friends as we are clearly more free than your superiors ever have been inside the church."

(and while I support your right to believe whatever you want, I feel personally that it's wrong to pimp the freezone and so I don't. People have asked about it and I am perfectly willing to say nice things, I just don't think the freezone is the solution for Scientology)

The idea is use a short google search to invite data inspection. I think they are most likely to DO a generic freezone search and thereby gain access to non-Co$ data sources. Since the freezone is anything but uniform or coordinated I don't see this as much of a risk of "pimping" the freezone. You are certainly entitled to your view. :)

Attacks on Hubbard or direct referrals to ARS, OCMB, and other "anti" sites will simply nullify any likelihood of someone looking. The old "friends of lrh" site was a good choice, but it is gone. Most of the individual freezone sites are too much geared to a particular "brand" to truly serve the purpose of exposure to a broad range of information. The one freezone site I would recommend for that purpose would be the freezoneorg yahoogroup run by Terril Park. It is fairly ecumencal across the freezone and even welcomes anons and sceptics under the terms of the board policies. Posters on freezoneorg are quite aware of ESMB and posts referencing ESMB are not uncommon. ESMB is an alternative choice but it is MUCH less likely to serve as a point of "first entry" given the name on the board and the general bias against scientology apostates inculcated by the Co$.

Just as with any ideology, you can be a "purist" OR you can be effective. :)

Do you have a better suggestion for a generic google search that will get a practicing SCIENTOLOGIST to defy org ethics practices and perform an online search for contrarian information? :waiting:

And for the record, I ain't no pimp. :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

bluewiggirl

Patron Meritorious
The idea is use a short google search to invite data inspection. I think they are most likely to DO a generic freezone search and thereby gain access to non-Co$ data sources. Since the freezone is anything but uniform or coordinated I don't see this as much of a risk of "pimping" the freezone. You are certainly entitled to your view. :)

Attacks on Hubbard or direct referrals to ARS, OCMB, and other "anti" sites will simply nullify any likelihood of someone looking. The old "friends of lrh" site was a good choice, but it is gone. Most of the individual freezone sites are too much geared to a particular "brand" to truly serve the purpose of exposure to a broad range of information. The one freezone site I would recommend for that purpose would be the freezoneorg yahoogroup run by Terril Park. It is fairly ecumencal across the freezone and even welcomes anons and sceptics under the terms of the board policies. Posters on freezoneorg are quite aware of ESMB and posts referencing ESMB are not uncommon. ESMB is an alternative choice but it is MUCH less likely to serve as a point of "first entry" given the name on the board and the general bias against scientology apostates inculcated by the Co$.

Just as with any ideology, you can be a "purist" OR you can be effective. :)

Do you have a better suggestion for a generic google search that will get a practicing SCIENTOLOGIST to defy org ethics practices and perform an online search for contrarian information? :waiting:

And for the record, I ain't no pimp. :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

I know you ain't :D

if this site had a different url, would you think it's worth trying? http://www.scientology-cult.com/

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Can someone help me translate this into something that's comprehensible to wogs?

"Every Thetan has a right to leave a game. Exteriorize out of a reactive org!"

Would something like "You have a right to leave the game! Come out and play!" work?

There's actually an LRH quote expressed in common language where he says that anyone has the right to leave the group without duress. I'll find it, but not soon.

In the meantime,

"Freedom means coming or going as you damn well please." :thumbsup:

How's that?

I know you ain't :D

if this site had a different url, would you think it's worth trying? http://www.scientology-cult.com/

Both yours & Paul's recommendations have value. I tend to lean in favor of a generic google search rather than a specific web url.

Typically a passing scientologist is less likely to remember a lengthy url seen possibly at a distance or in passing. However, it's comparatively easy to remember to perform a google search for .... . AND if they get the search phrase wrong they may well wind up "down the rabbit hole" anyway.

Thus "freezone scientology" works because it is easy to remember and it gets them LOOKING at something other than pre-approved content. :)

Mark A. Baker

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Both yours & Paul's recommendations have value. I tend to lean in favor of a generic google search rather than a specific web url.

I tend to agree. From my own www.freezonescientology.com page:

There is no one central FZ organization, with branches all over the world. There are various individuals and groups, with various interconnections. There isn't even a central information point. There are various online forums and sources of information. If you don't like this page, check out Google. Try various search terms, including at the beginning at least "Freezone" and "Scientology".

There are a few online groups of use to those interested in the FZ. The best are these Yahoo Groups: "FreezoneOrg", mostly for experienced FZers; "FZ101", mostly for new FZers; "FZAOInt", mostly for experienced FZers. If you want to meet up with others FZers of various shapes and sizes, these are a good place to start. You can join more than one at a time. If you want to meet other FZers near to you, post a message saying you live in such and such a town, anyone want to contact you?​

Paul

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's implicit in Hinduism and various derivatives including Buddhism. Taoism and Gnosticism also has the idea in some fashion. Some new age practices have assimilated similar perspectives. Language varies, concepts the same: spiritual exploration through creation, action, termination.

Mark A. Baker

Thanks Mark. That makes sense. . . I've studied Hinduism and Buddhism a little, but I didn't think to translate those ideas as "games" before.

-TL

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron

1. The CofS
2. Scn tech
3. Hubbard

Paul

Yes - well said Paul, I totally agree. It is FAR (IMHO) too over-whelming to confront the fact that the whole thing is a sham on your first go. It needs to come off in layers. Part of the programming isn’t rejecting anything critical of 1-3 above. Pick one, tear that layer off and head for the next layer…. It worked for me (personally).