What's new

Gold Base attack case; Motion submitted Aug 19

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
How was this not insulting to scientologists currently still in?

What goal did it achieve?

Please let me know!

Clearly you don't understand how to bring down a cult. They MUST be criticized, they MUST be ridiculed.

Yes, the BELIEFS must be ridiculed.

That's why Christopher Hitchens rules.

AnonShaw

Patron with Honors
Clearly you don't understand how to bring down a cult. They MUST be criticized, they MUST be ridiculed.

HINT: when even joe public tells you to gtfo, you are doing it wrong.

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Shaw, you being from Quebec, should understand how the Catholic church was kicked out of politics and the schools.

Look back at the 60's in Quebec and all the ridicule the Church got.

50 years ago Quebec had the highest birth rate in the world, was 99% catholic and totally creationist.

Now, it has the lowest (by far) creationist percentage in North America and is the more Atheistic province in Canada.

Find out why.

AnonShaw

Patron with Honors
Shaw, you being from Quebec, should understand how the Catholic church was kicked out of politics and the schools.

Look back at the 60's in Quebec and all the ridicule the Church got.

50 years ago Quebec had the highest birth rate in the world, was 99% catholic and totally creationist.

Now, it has the lowest (by far) creationist percentage in North America and is the more Atheistic province in Canada.

Find out why.

Are you comparing the catholic church to scientology?

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor

And, here's a 2nd thread where you tell us what *must* be done. I think a theme is developing here.

Zinj

I had to register just to ask:

What makes you qualified to bring down a cult and what qualifications do you have?
Have you ever brought one down before?
What makes you think your methods are correct if the answer to the above question is no?

You imply that you have done so before because of the "Clearly you don't understand how to bring down a cult.".

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
I had to register just to ask:

What makes you qualified to bring down a cult and what qualifications do you have?
Have you ever brought one down before?
What makes you think your methods are correct if the answer to the above question is no?

You imply that you have done so before because of the "Clearly you don't understand how to bring down a cult.".

Thank you for registering.

Anons, even though they're supposed to act independently get all prissy when someone does things differently than their own little cult.

Fact is that the Old Guard did much more to bring down scientology, especially lately with the SP times articles.

I just do what I think works best. You do your thing and I won't bother you.

I'm just recommending that the cult be ridiculed. It's worked great in my experience with the Catholic church in Quebec.

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Point being?

Not just because of her virginity of course, but this woman missed out 90% of life, fun travel, having kids, getting a career that makes a difference in the world. Instead she was talking to a wall 5 hours a day and living a life of nonsense.

AnonShaw

Patron with Honors
Not just because of her virginity of course, but this woman missed out 90% of life, fun travel, having kids, getting a career that makes a difference in the world. Instead she was talking to a wall 5 hours a day and living a life of nonsense.

Actually she's a teacher in africa for a free school. And is making much more of a difference than let's say some random retard dressing up in women's clothing and speedo.

Just sayin

(and yes, she does teach evolution too)

Also
Point being?

Thank you for registering.

Anons, even though they're supposed to act independently get all prissy when someone does things differently than their own little cult.

Fact is that the Old Guard did much more to bring down scientology, especially lately with the SP times articles.

I just do what I think works best. You do your thing and I won't bother you.

I'm just recommending that the cult be ridiculed. It's worked great in my experience with the Catholic church in Quebec.

Thank you <3

How/Why can/do you classify Anons as a cult?

Anons have done allot like bringing it to the attention of everyone that Scientology IS a Cult. They selflessly stand outside protesting every month, sometimes more. They donate their time, some of them considerable amounts, just dedicated to spread the truth about Scientology. I am not saying the Old Guard did not do anything but it seems you are not noticing the amount Anonymous HAS done to BRING Scientology DOWN.

I will do the same :D

Ridiculing a religion and calling it a cult I do not classify as experience with a cult.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult

The sociological definition of cult is often at odds with the more popular definition used by the Anti Cult Movements which usually defines cults as having authoritarian, charismatic leadership, demanding unquestioning loyalty from their members, having many strict requirements to their members' personal lifestyles, using "brainwashing techniques", requiring members to isolate themselves from the surrounding society.

And she's still a virgin?

What does this have to do with being a nun or not? It is when their faith and believe in God that makes them become nuns and take oaths to be in his service, being a virgin doesn't mater.