What's new

OMG! Marty Rathbun's Letter to TC's Lawyer!!

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
And if Marty actually has multiple clients who told him they suffered abuse of some sort or other at T.C.'s hands and are willing to say so in court, then malice on his part cannot be demonstrated and lack of malice is an affirmative defense.

I do not think T.C. wants a number of persons testifying in court detailing any sort of abuse (whether emotional, mental or physical) by him, either - assuming enough of this allegation is actually true.

And bear this in mind also: there has been no lawsuit against either SP Times, Marty Rathbun or any of the other outspoken Ex-Sea Org over the allegations in The Truth Rundown article series, either. Marty has played enough legal wargames to know what he is doing and I'll wager he consulted with counsel before posting that email response to Fields.

Somehow, I very much doubt he is running a monumental "bluff" with regard to T.C.'s past behavior. The lack of response from T.C.'s top drawer Hollywood lawyer is rather telling all by itself.

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive.
disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer nor even a wanna-be lawyer.

Good God. T.C. is in a PR industry and Marty is a tiny fly. Why the hell would TC care what he does?

I believe Marty is trying to build his FZ biz by establishing himself as an anti COS land mine, and attempting to avoid future racketeering/civil actions that might be pressed against him in the future. And keep his personal image of himself as above the little people he so despised for so long. Good faith and Marty Rathbun are an oxymoron, heavy on the moron.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Whoever Marty has surrounded himself with and is advising him is doing a damn fine job - if Marty's doing it all himself it's even better.:thumbsup:

This strategy is first-class and I personally don't care even if Mr Rathbun is angling to take over the cult's remains once he's danced on DM's grave - he must be sending the dwarf totally spinny by now.:D

What's going down right now is accelerating the demise of Miscavology immeasurably and I applaud it wholehearted.:clap:

By the time this is over there's going to be no Scientology worth fighting over, just whatever assets DM hasn't liquidated in his last-gasp defence against all the SPs out to get him.

More please, Mr Rathbun - this is addictive viewing. :drama:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
By the time this is over there's going to be no Scientology worth fighting over

right on :) But, there will still be Scientology. Done right the e-meter could become a fad like a 'Simon Says' :)

screenshot.png

Zinj

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Marty has clearly got some 'data' on TC abusing people or he would not have stated so ... I just doubt (very much) that it is physical abuse and therefore probably not possible to prove (but TC wouldn't want it to be made public knowledge either!).

:no:

As usual, where anything to do with scientology is concerned it is all smoke and mirrors and innuendo and BS.

I bet Fishdaddy would know what the truth is.

When the time is right it will all come tumbling out.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think this is more about messing with whatever pitiful remains of critical thinking Miscavige has left rather than anything aimed directly or indirectly at TC or anyone else.

That's why I love the strategy - it's paralysing the cult by making Miscavige try to second-guess Rathburn, Rinder, Headley etc etc. Miscavige would be firing off contradictory orders that have to be done NOW to handle the latest flap and I'm sure he's taking out his wrath on the poor cowed SO members still close to him.

Can't you just imagine DM at the bridge of the MV Deadcult screaming for full ahead, full astern, hard aport, fire the torpedoes from the forward tubes etc etc all the while his puny knuckles are going blue - he KNOWS he can't relax or all those SP submarines will get him.

It's a movie I'd queue to watch.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Marty may very well have some 'splainin to do', but, it probably won't be about Tom Cruise beating up on people.

After all, that would be 'confessional data' not to be revealed unless somebody really wants to.

Zinj

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
Latest Glosslip Update

Latest Glosslip Update:
UPDATE: I would like to clarify the title, as it is misleading based on new information. My initial understanding of Marty’s accusations about Tom were an implicit, based on his inference to Tom Cruise being complicit in abusing members of the Church in the same fashion as David Miscavige has been reported to have done, which includes near-homicidal outbursts and fits of violence against subordinates. I have since been informed that it is unlikely Tom Cruise has physically assaulted any public members of Scientology, but rather used his power and influence within Scientology to humiliate, embarrass or otherwise destroy individual’s reputation or lives within the organization.

It is even possible however, that Tom indirectly or directly suggested physical harm on those he might have felt failed him (i.e. leaked information to tabloids, improperly handled his children/ex-wife, or any number of slights) through a third party (DM perhaps). Glosslip does not seek to impugn anyone’s character improperly, in fact we have often defended Tom, but with these disturbing allegations comes a slew of new questions and concerns. For more discussion on the implications, check out WhyWeProtest’s forum.

MostlyLurker

Patron Meritorious
Sorry to burst your bubble there, buddy, but she's not a Scientologist. Doesn't know jackshit about Scientology.

Believe it or not, a lot of my friends are non Scn'ists. Most, in fact. And their friends, too, of course.

And, no, this was said years before they split up. That's evident from my post, if you'd care to read it again.

I'm sorry then, it wasn't clear to me that she wasn't a scientologist and I know little about TC-NK story and dates, so I related it with my experiences with nattering scientologists.

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
It would therefore surprize me if TC had legal counsel that was outside of DM's control. Same with PR.
As for PR, DM took care of that when he induced TC to dump Pat Kingsley as his publicist in favor of his Scientologist sister.

However, I think the suggestion, without evidence, that attorney Bertram Fields is under DM's control is ludicrous. Bertram Fields is a major player with many non-Scientology clients. He has defended Scientology in the past because his clients John Travolta and Tom Cruise are Scientologists. He would dump the COS in a heartbeat, and indeed defend TC against the COS, if TC ever left the COS.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Originally posted by fluffy
My friend's friend also told her that Nicole Kidman was a raving bitch. Hopefully, she's chilled out some since then but being a celeb and being catered to all the time- I doubt it. Ever read any of the books written by "assistants" to producers and other famous/powerful Hollywood types? Ick!

I think from the moment she separated from Tom Cruise ... she visibly relaxed even though she was very upset (and had virtually lost her children).

She has been (and remains) the epitome of restraint, and as far as I know has never said a bad word about Cruise or scientology (possibly due to Marty's handling ... I wouldn't know).

Living in a stressful situation, in the public eye and with nanny's etc listening to every word and being 'run' by scientology and DM ... could make anyone a 'raving bitch' on occasion.

I think she is one of the more dignified 'Hollywood types' I have ever seen (perhaps because she isn't a 'Hollywood type').

:yes:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
As for PR, DM took care of that when he induced TC to dump Pat Kingsley as his publicist in favor of his Scientologist sister.
Yup.. And incidently, Miscavige 'cleaned up' Tom Cruises's intire staff. Like a Sea Org mission into a CoS org. Firing and declaring left and right.. Missionaires gloating and taking wins, that they could make the staff piss their pants in fright.

Tom Cruise accepted that! - He enjoyed it I think. He thought it was the right thing to do. - Root out the damned insidious SP's lurking everywhere.

After that, I would assume, new staff, all 'trustworthy' scientologists, would be hired.

However, I think the suggestion, without evidence, that attorney Bertram Fields is under DM's control is ludicrous. Bertram Fields is a major player with many non-Scientology clients. He has defended Scientology in the past because his clients John Travolta and Tom Cruise are Scientologists. He would dump the COS in a heartbeat, and indeed defend TC against the COS, if TC ever left the COS.
Yes.. But those times he has defended CoS, it sure looked like OSA to me. This latest letter to Mark Rathbun does too..

I think OSA wrote it, Tom condoned it and Bert Fields may have objected and adviced some changes to it. Then he sent it, feeling like a dumbass. because Tom and OSA insisted.

And while the idea that Bert Fields may be under DM's and OSA control is ludicrous.. Well.. If he defends shit like Scientology and DM, that's an idea right in front of you. Intirely predictable idea it is, and Bert Fields is well aware of it I thould think.

Mark Rathbun certainly alludes to this very idea with his 'nudge' for an answer to his letter. Indeed, if Bert Fields and Tom do not explain themselves good.. We must assume they are engaged in a concerted effort to protect David Miscaviges precious reputation, and are condoning his conduct.

If Bert Fields want's to avoid suspicion about being in CoS and Miscaviges pocket.. He better distance himself now, if not yesterday.

Hmm.. And I really can't get my piss in boil over TC being, maybe falsely, rumored to 'physically' beating up his staff. Mark Rathbun was not being specific about that.

TC has been 'rumored' to be gay for a decade.. Now he is 'rumored' to apply Scientology religious doctrine the way his best freind Miscavige, the ecclesiastic head of Scientology, does. I think that speculation is as likely as him being gay.

Tom Cruise did say: "Go to guns!".. On the SP's.. And the SP's, that's you and me folks! - If we don't like Scientology.

I shall view with suspicion of OSA any attacks on Dawn from Glosslip! - (You knew I would say that didn't you?)

:wiggle:

Last edited:

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
It's quite obvious from my post as to when this was taking place. When were Cruise and Kidman living together and married? In the 90s. When did NK leave CofS? After the 90s. So there goes that excuse for her shitty behavior.

Kidman's being or not being part of the cult has nothing to do with anything. The nanny was not and never had been a Scn'ist of any sort. Had the nanny been a church member, I'd have said so.

I posted that because it was not "quite obvious", obviously. :whistling:

Tom filed for divorce in February 2001 and she was already out of the church at that time. He claimed they had separated in December 2000. A New York Post story from February 2001 states she left the church "more than a year ago". They were still living together after she left the church. SO, with those dates in mind, what were the dates this woman worked for Tom & Nicole? If you add those dates to your story, NOW it will be "quite obvious". Just missing that small detail from your post. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I think from the moment she separated from Tom Cruise ... she visibly relaxed even though she was very upset (and had virtually lost her children).

She has been (and remains) the epitome of restraint, and as far as I know has never said a bad word about Cruise or scientology (possibly due to Marty's handling ... I wouldn't know).

Living in a stressful situation, in the public eye and with nanny's etc listening to every word and being 'run' by scientology and DM ... could make anyone a 'raving bitch' on occasion.

I think she is one of the more dignified 'Hollywood types' I have ever seen (perhaps because she isn't a 'Hollywood type').

Why assume that marriage to Tom Cruise was so stressful? The nanny my friend talked to said he was quite easy going back then.

Some people are shitty managers, plain an' simple.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I posted that because it was not "quite obvious", obviously. :whistling:

Tom filed for divorce in February 2001 and she was already out of the church at that time. He claimed they had separated in December 2000. A New York Post story from February 2001 states she left the church "more than a year ago". They were still living together after she left the church. SO, with those dates in mind, what were the dates this woman worked for Tom & Nicole? If you add those dates to your story, NOW it will be "quite obvious". Just missing that small detail from your post. :thumbsup:

She worked for them when they were married and living together. In the 90s. I already said so. Actually, I had that conversation with her in the mid nineties.

Nk's a beeyatch.

Wisened One

Crusader

If I was kept from my kids like that and scn used to hold over my head when I left, I'd be a raving bitch, too! GO NICOLE! :thumbsup: GEEZ, she probably STILL TO THIS DAY, can't even BE (relax) with her OWN KIDS due to this STUPID F$#(*@g GROUP!!!

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
If I was kept from my kids like that and scn used to hold over my head when I left, I'd be a raving bitch, too! GO NICOLE! :thumbsup: GEEZ, she probably STILL TO THIS DAY, can't even BE (relax) with her OWN KIDS due to this STUPID F$#(*@g GROUP!!!

Ummm...Nicole Kidman was living with Tom Cruise and her kids during that time. It was the early/mid nineties. Everybody was home and accounted for. So, no, she was just a bitch.