What's new

OMG! Marty Rathbun's Letter to TC's Lawyer!!

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Right now if you hit Google News with the search term >>>scientology<<< the second item is the Glosslip rumour-mongering on TC maybe physically abusing CofS people.

Paul

GlossLip has made a slight retraction on this subject.
Tom Cruise and physical abuse
UPDATE: I would like to clarify the title, as it is misleading based on new information. My initial understanding of Marty’s accusations about Tom were an implicit, based on his inference to Tom Cruise being complicit in abusing members of the Church in the same fashion as David Miscavige has been reported to have done, which includes near-homicidal outbursts and fits of violence against subordinates. I have since been informed that it is unlikely Tom Cruise has physically assaulted any public members of Scientology, but rather used his power and influence within Scientology to humiliate, embarrass or otherwise destroy individual’s reputation or lives within the organization.

I think we should all give a big round of applause to attorney field for corroborating the following aspects of Marty Rathburn's claims:

1-he was in fact Tom Cruise's auditor;
2-he is, in fact, someone that has been trained to audit.

Could someone show me a link where Miscavige proclaims that Rathbun was never TC's auditor or made allegations that Rathbun wasn't fit to audit please? I missed it :)

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Yeah! I'm getting blisters from all the... uh... mouse-wheel, er... scrolling I'm doing.

your husband

my sympathies he haz them

It's better than being someone who hides behind anonymity to point fingers at (non anonymous) people whom he hasn't met while also having to rely on corpses and inflatable dolls ...Just sayin'.

From Marty's letter:

He's saying Tom Cruise beats people like Miscavige does?

If so, why protect him at all?

In any way?

What "education" would he need?

Co-dependence, anyone?

All these INT LUNATICS are suffering from Battered Wife Syndrome - en masse!

Actually, all Scientologists do demonstrate a measure of learned helplessness after awhile, it's part of the indoctrination-

And it's battered person's syndrome. Let's not be sexist here.

Div6

Crusader
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/

For whom does Bert Fields work?
September 1, 2009

LAW OFFICES OF

Greenberg Glusker Fields Claman & Machtinger LLP

August 26, 2009

Marty Rathbun

Dear Marty:

I am out of the country on a family vacation, but I did want to respond to your letter.

As I think you know, I represent Tom Cruise, not David Miscavige or the Church of Scientology. My letter to you was soley to protect Tom’s rights, not to deal with whatever issues you may have with Mr. Miscavige or the Church.

So far as Tom is concerned, I will repeat what I said before. It is neither appropriate nor lawful for you to refer to yourself online, in the media or elsewhere as Tom’s auditor. I would like to avoid taking action over this, so please stop.

I am not going to respond to your accusations about David Miscavige. Personally, I have never seen him even hint of the behavior you attribute to him. Our conversations have always been civil and respectful. He does appear to be a strong champion of the Church and its values. But that is not only his job, it is his life.

I know from what Mike Rinder has said that Mr. Miscavige, in effect, saved the Church when he cleaned house in the 80’s.

In any event, whatever your issues may be, I hope you can solve them.

Sincerely,

Bertram Fields

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
I have read it, and unless I'm missing something, I can't find anything that makes a specific mention of Miscavige saying that Rathbun never audited Tom Cruise.
I think that was Tommy Davis.. When he screamed at the SP Times reporters.. There's a sound file on the SP times site... (I'm going to have a look/listen, and make an update)

[edit]I can't seem to find that audiorecording :( [/edit]

:yes:

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

September 1, 2009

LAW OFFICES OF

August 26, 2009

Marty Rathbun

Dear Marty:

I am out of the country on a family vacation, but I did want to respond to your letter.

As I think you know, I represent Tom Cruise, not David Miscavige or the Church of Scientology. My letter to you was soley to protect Tom’s rights, not to deal with whatever issues you may have with Mr. Miscavige or the Church.

So far as Tom is concerned, I will repeat what I said before. It is neither appropriate nor lawful for you to refer to yourself online, in the media or elsewhere as Tom’s auditor. I would like to avoid taking action over this, so please stop.

I am not going to respond to your accusations about David Miscavige. Personally, I have never seen him even hint of the behavior you attribute to him. Our conversations have always been civil and respectful. He does appear to be a strong champion of the Church and its values. But that is not only his job, it is his life.

I know from what Mike Rinder has said that Mr. Miscavige, in effect, saved the Church when he cleaned house in the 80’s.

Sincerely,

Bertram Fields

AppeasementTech 101:

Bert's Mission Statement: Make Tom happy with a letter to Rathbun using clever word-craft, misdirection and sophistry.

Bert's Mission Report Card: Nice try Bert! But, alas, now the CoS has even you, a savvy Hollywood attorney, shooting ridiculous footbullets.

1) It is "not lawful" for Rathbun to say he was Tom's auditor?! Sure, we believe you. Let's see if I got this right. The CoS can release confidential priest-penitent confessions to the St. Pete Times, no problem/no comments. But it is illegal to reveal the name of an auditor?!? Bert, have you considered doing stand up comedy?

2) You claimed you "are not going to respond to accusations about David Miscavige". Must be a transcriptionist error that mistakenly included those two paragraphs of responding to that accusation (which I guess you didn't write).

3. You try to appease your client and his spiritual guru, Miscagive. It works for a few moments, Bert, but then will backfire mercilessly on you and your reputation when Miscavige and your client go down in flames any moment. That letter won't look good, Bert, when the truth of Miscavige's crimes is confirmed along your client's complicity in supporting his reign of terror.

Maybe a little history lesson would be helpful, Bert.

Bert, you might want to review how Adolph Hitler was appeased by UK Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain in 1938, a few short years before the gas chambers were exposed. Upon returning from his meeting with Hitler, Chamberlain gave his infamous appeasement speech that should resonate for you, Bert, since it was 6 million people of your own religion that were massacred. Maybe appeasement is not so good, Bert.

I've read your words, Bert. Now, let's read Chamberlain's (delusional) words of victory over Hitler's insatiable aggression and psychopathic human rights' attrocities. Here is an excerpt from his infamous "Peace In Our Time" speech:

"My good friends, for the second time in our history, a British Prime Minister has returned from Germany bringing peace with honour. I believe it is peace for our time... Go home and get a nice quiet sleep."

Sorry, Bert. No one is going home and getting a nice quiet sleep.

But, good try!

hitler-chamberlain.jpg

Last edited:

skydog

Patron Meritorious
From memory I do remember someone saying Rathbun was never the auditor of Tom's, I just don't remember who it was that said it. I don't even remember if it was the ST times article.:confused2:

I think I may have been the one that caused this confusion. Sorry about that. I think the allegation contained in the Freedom issue states that Rathbun has no training. I may be mistaken.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Somebody apparently forgot to clue Bert in to Mike Rinder's *also* being one of the renegade enemies and liars.

Zinj

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Somebody apparently forgot to clue Bert in to Mike Rinder's *also* being one of the renegade enemies and liars.Zinj

Dear Mr Zinj:

Thank you for your recent submission to this bureau in order to assess the validity of Mr. Rinder's statements in support of Miscavige.

Our records clearly indicate that during the 17 second time period that Mr. Rinder stated those words describing Miscavige single-handedly saving the Church, he was in fact telling the truth.

Further, our record search indicates that everything else Mr. Rinder has ever stated, written or represented, both prior to and immediately following that anomalous 17 second block, is 100% false.

We trust that you will correct your records accordingly.

Sincerely,

Mr. T. Davis
Senior Veracity Arbiter
Ministry of Truth

Wisened One

Crusader

September 1, 2009

LAW OFFICES OF

August 26, 2009

Marty Rathbun

Dear Marty:

Oh, so it's ILLEGAL to mention you are a celeb's auditor, huh? But the church can freely, LEGALLY sling around PC-folders and confessionals to the world, niiiiice! :eyeroll:

Somebody clue this guy in, lol! :laugh: He doesn't realize that Mike Rinder is now out? :laugh:

Sincerely,

Bertram Fields[/quote]

Oh what a silly, silly, footbullet of a letter! :thumbsup: