What's new

IAS annual event East Grinstead - 16/10/2009

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
I set off this morning on a trip that took four hours by train to attend the IAS event at St. Hill Manor, to protest against the cult of $cientology.

On the way up to the memorial in East Grinsteads high street, one has to pass the "betterment Education Learning facility" which now proudly promotes large, brightly coloured sign writing in its windows. It does not say Scientology learning, but we all know what it is.Much to my dismay, next door is a school for learning also, which advertises education for 'babies and young children', this also has brightly, and freshly painted logos for the 'Montesouri' (not sure of spelling)School, which I initially was told has been around a long time and is nothing what so ever to do with Scientology.

Well,this "school" not only has logos on the side of the $cientology building but from my point of view struck me as either the $cientology learning center feeding off of the back of the Montesouri school or are one and the same. Later I learnt from someone recently out, this IS also $cientology.I would have taken photos, but my camera chose that moment to not work.

On to the war memorial, I met up with Hartly who was chatting to a couple of people. One of these people informed me via a friend they had tickets to get into the IAS event later on in the evening.She was going out of curiosity. We all know what curiosity did to the cat, so I informed her of a few well known facts about L. Ron Hubbard, especially from my own experiences. This lady will be going to the event tonight and will then have both sides of the equasion.

I went over to meet my anon friends over by the war memorial and shortly after a car drew up alongside me and a lady called me over.Initially she seemed a bit agressive and wanted to know why I was doing what I was doing. I gave her a brief account of my time in the sea org and $cientology in general, directed her to go look at Xenu.net and Lermanet.com for more info, which she thanked me for my time.

Off to the pub for refreshments and lunch for some, whilst at the bar, a man sitting there said "Who are all those people in masks heading this way", yet another chance to explain what we were doing there this day.After much chatting and merriment we headed over to St. Hill.

Myself and three others were the first to arrive, initially we stood our ground amongst the plant pots directly opposite the driveway.$cientology "drown the protesters out tech" was instantly used on us in the form of loud speakers wailing Scottish bagpipe music out at an incredible volume, that even the most sympathetic of Health and Safety officers would have had a hard time justifying this as being extremely detrimental to ones hearing.Even the security guards were having a hard time, and they were nearer the loud speakers than us.As soon as the police arrived on the scene the wailing bagpipes mysteriously turned themselves off.Then came back on again at a much lower volume.

Drown the SPs out tech was used all afternoon, mainly in the form of bagpipes but occasionally interspersed with a little light classical music, I'm not sure whether this was meant to send us to sleep. It didn't.

After 10 minutes of protesting in the flower pots we were asked to move over to the sectioned off area for our own safety. Whilst not really wanting to move, we did, as always some drivers were determined to run over our feet. We did ask if we might be allowed to stand on the St. Hill Manor side of the road which was also cordoned off, but were told this was owned by the Scientologists, as for the flower pots opposite, well the Scientologists had permission from the land owner to put them there and cordon us off up the road. It seems not only are the Scientologists intent on running the world, they are also intent on owning all the verges in East. Grinstead.

Our loud speaker guy kept up an amazing effort in enturbulation, warning all and sundry that David Miscavidge wanted their money and he wanted it NOW.OSA were in evidence, twoing and frowing, but nothing like in previous protests. There was a small "flap" when the wailing bagpipes stopped and anon decided to let everyone have OT3 for free.OSAs phones came out double quick because L. Ron Hubbard could be heard going on about the "Gallaaaxy" and very quickly the bagpipes drowned him out.Hows that for loyalty to your Messiah.

Many cars and coaches went into St. Hill, many looked with interest at our picket signs.One extremely long white limosine entered St. Hill The windows were blacked out but only one persons shadow could be seen sitting inside.We got quite a few honks, waves and agreements from passers by. Only one middle finger was raised to us by a Scientologist

First one then two pipers came out to see us and got a round of applause from anon, It was good to meet up with some old friends and also to see some new anon. All in all a good protest.

David Miscavidge can wrap his events in gold, have swirling pipers and knights on steeds riding the grounds of St. Hill, but he can't fool us that this lavish spectacle helps mankind, too many lives have been ruined.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Really liked how you wrote that Sharone and you really made some good points.

Especially the final words...."too many lives have been ruined"

And it is your story that tells so much, so much about BEFORE DM.

Mystic

Crusader
Most excellent, Sharone. Thank you for being there protesting. I was a student there back in the 60s. ::: sigh :::

The Tech is the implant.

Kutta

Thank you Sharone - for being there representing us all. I would love to have been there too, having spent several years at that place back in the late 70s early 80s, but I am 12,000 miles away. It would be good if some mole got inside and reported back. But you did an excellent job, and I could picture it all very clearly from your post, the East Grinstead I remember and St Hill of course. You are one very courageous woman. Thanks again.

Sharone Stainforth

If it wasn't for the OG and the anons dedication, there wouldn't have been a protest, and I for one admire the persistance and dedication of the OG who have protested year after year relentlessly and selflessly in all weathers, to make people aware of the scam of Scientology, and to also bring awareness to the plight of people who have suffered at the hands of the Scientologists.

The young people of anon that could be out with their friends/family, but instead stand in the shade on a chilly October day for several hours supporting people like me.One anon brought doh-nuts, they were delicious. Another anon brought hot tea and handed it out when refreshment was most needed.Other anons gave lifts to and from the Manor. These people are thoughtful and courageous and made the day a spectacular event.

Love,
Sharone

British Mom

Patron with Honors
If it wasn't for the OG and the anons dedication, there wouldn't have been a protest, and I for one admire the persistance and dedication of the OG who have protested year after year relentlessly and selflessly in all weathers, to make people aware of the scam of Scientology, and to also bring awareness to the plight of people who have suffered at the hands of the Scientologists.

The young people of anon that could be out with their friends/family, but instead stand in the shade on a chilly October day for several hours supporting people like me.One anon brought doh-nuts, they were delicious. Another anon brought hot tea and handed it out when refreshment was most needed.Other anons gave lifts to and from the Manor. These people are thoughtful and courageous and made the day a spectacular event.

Love,
Sharone

Well done guys, wish I could have been there but am getting on a bit now & live so far away, moved from East Grinstead couple of years ago before the protests started, Ah well things change I suppose. Its been a good move for me, was in EG for 30 years & now in a safe place :thumbsup:

You did well Sharone on educating people, this is what I do, noone knows about Scientology here & no org anywhere, I just thank God for the Internet as I can do alot there :yes: Also, writing a book to warn parents about their children going into the cult. :grouch: :grouch: hopefully I get it finished one day.

Sharone Stainforth

Forgot to mention the van that went into St. Hill. Psychiatry an industry of Death There has to be some irony there.

Also forgot to mention: 1st Prize has to go to an amusing placard an anon was holding.It read:

Sponcered by Prozac

Brilliant!

hartley

Patron with Honors
Another fine day out cracking clams.

Sharone has told almost everything. The only important person we saw was OSA UK spokesperson "I have no knowledge of that" Janet, who as usual was busy talking to other important people on her important mobile phone.

A passerby in town told us that she had been invited to the event despite having no Scientology connections, she just happened to live nearby. We urged her to go, an experience not to be missed!

A particular thanks to Tony on the megaphone for reminding everyone going in to have their check books, credit cards and cash ready. We hear that donations were straight up and vertical, as Patrons willingly mortgaged their families to help destroy Psychiatry by 2000. Oh wait...

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
There were around 15 or so protestors at the event. Due to the fact that the cult had claimed ownership of the verge on ‘their’ side of the road, there is very little room for protestors to stand. The only area permitted by the police was a small strip of grass verge sandwiched between the busy road and a hedge. This was made more difficult by the cult having placed several large tubs containing some shrubs in the only available area (interesting that the cult try to stop any protests by underhand means rather than handle using their superior OT powers or even their greatly enhanced powers of communication).

In addition, since this road is totally unlit, the protests had to end for reasons of safety when it got dark. Even so, there were many arriving Scientologists that got a good look at the protestors and their signs. Some appeared very curious and hopefully they will be prompted to start asking some questions.

It was very notable that almost no Scientologists approached the protestors. Instead, they got their hired security to do most of the communicating. So much for Scientology increasing the ability to confront and communicate. Staff simply (tried to) ignore anything that was directed at them.

Here are a couple of photos from the proceedings:

4017770704_94c601eaac_b.jpg

Anons celebrate a succesful infiltration of the rear of the castle:

4017002931_a86e6369eb.jpg

Axiom142

Lesolee (Sith Lord)

Patron Meritorious
There were around 15 or so protestors at the event. Due to the fact that the cult had claimed ownership of the verge on ‘their’ side of the road, there is very little room for protestors to stand. The only area permitted by the police was a small strip of grass verge sandwiched between the busy road and a hedge.

4017770704_94c601eaac_b.jpg
Where is the entrance to Saint Hill relative to this photo? I can't quite get my bearings. Is it down near the red car on the left of the road? (In which case the protesters are closer to Saint Hill Green.)

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Where is the entrance to Saint Hill relative to this photo? I can't quite get my bearings. Is it down near the red car on the left of the road? (In which case the protesters are closer to Saint Hill Green.)

Lesolee,

The protestors are opposite the main entrance.

I will upload a video or two to show this a bit better.

Axiom142

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
From the photo, it looks very reminiscent of the "free speech zones" in the US, areas set aside for protesters miles away from where the action is so that no-one will get disturbed much. Opposite the main gates (rarely used) is as far away from the working entrance as it looks.

The police would appear to be very cooperative with the CofS in this instance.

Paul

Lesolee (Sith Lord)

Patron Meritorious
The protestors are opposite the main entrance.

Opposite the main gates (rarely used) is as far away from the working entrance as it looks.

:confused2:

Surely the main entrance = the main gates.
In this case that is the ideal place as you get the traffic from both directions. And in fact I thought there was only really one way in, the way directly into the main car park (if you turned left a few yards after the gates) otherwise you would get down to the castle.