What's new

Vegas Anon Arrested

avbb

Patron
This is Las Vegas Anonymous.

One of our anons "Cameranonymous" was arrested by Metro SWAT on the night of October 15th, at roughly 11pm. He was expected for a meetup the next morning, and when he didn't show up a couple of Anons ventured to his house. He didn't answer, and a glance through the windows showed the house had been ransacked. The police were informed, but called back in a short time to inform us that Cameranonymous had been arrested and was being detained.

He is being held on charges of "Act of Terrorism" and "Bomb/Explosive Threat". Attempts to bail him out have failed, as bail has only been set for the bomb threat charge. Bail for Act of Terrorism is listed as $0 at this time. It is presumable that because of the weekend he has not been before the judge to set bail for that charge.

A search and seizure warrant for Cameranonymous was found that lists Kenneth Moxon, and a Scientologist that Cameranonymous worked with at his previous job, Alex Jiminez, as those accusing Cameranonymous of these charges. Cameranonymous' handle was connected with his IRL name by this Alex Jiminez, who claims to have identified him by matching a video on youtube in which Cameranonymous was filmed being cited for jaywalking, with pictures of his cameras and clothing from protests in Las Vegas and Los Angeles, and by having seen him in person protesting outside our local Org.

Confiscated in Cameranonymous' house were items including some of his PCs, his firearms, and his ammunition and other items. Anons have visited him in jail and an attorney has been aqcuired.

The evidence that was written in the application for the search warrant by the LVMPD Anti-Terrorist Unit Officer includes standard "Anonymous is a terrorist/extremist group" propaganda from Moxon, along with altered quotes from the Las Vegas Anonymous message board.

These quotes were in reference to meetups for the purpose of legal target shooting by some LVAnons who are target shooting enthusiasts. Added to these quotations in the application for the warrant were references to explosives that were never in the original posts. Also these quotations were taken out of the context of the threads to imply that Cameranonymous was trying to incite terrorist violence against the Org and the Scientologists within.

For instance quotes about meeting up at a predetermined location to shoot at targets, usually followed by astronomy sessions and star photography, such as "let's go blow shit up" - which were specifically in the context of going into a desert location which is outside of the city limits in which both of our local Orgs resides (by many miles) were altered in the application for search warrant to say "let's go blow shit up with guns and explosives, and then raid the fuck out of the local org."

Explosives were never mentioned in the original posts in any way. "Let's go blow shit up," has always specifically refered to the destruction of targets such as a porcelain commode, watermelons, jugs of water and similar, specifically by the use of legally purchased, registered, and carried firearms - NEVER EXPLOSIVES. This is a hobby of certain local anons, which we meet up to do IRL. Other hobbies carried out in this way include Astronomy, LAN parties, Cross-stitch, etc.

Postings of Cameranonymous were monitored, and he was under IRL surveillance in the time leading up to his arrest, per the application for the warrant by police, and a private investigator by the name of "Taco Prins" from Advantage Group who had been conducting an investigation into Anonymous activities in Las Vegas NV. This private investigator had contacted Henderson Defense Industries (HDI) in reference to firearms recently purchased by Cameranonymous. HDI divulged information about Cameranonymous' recent purchases, as well as the fact that Cameranonymous had mentioned his acts of protest against Church of Scientology in Las Vegas.

Information from these parties were included in the application for warrant by Las Vegas Police, among other various information.

Cameranonymous is an upstanding and law abiding individual. He is an AVID hobbyist. Be it Photography, automobiles, motorcycles, computers or firearms, he is a collector first and foremost. He indeed did purchase a number of firearms in a short few months. He also purchased large ammounts of ammo for those weapons, purchased in bulk in an effort to save money, as he intended target shooting and marksmanship to be a long-term pursuit.

He also purchases large amounts of cameras and photography equipment, and large amounts of computer equipment in a short period of time. This is how he pursues his hobbies. He makes a large up front investment on particular and well researched items.

He was devoted to using these legally purchased firearms safely and legally for recreational purposes. At no time has he EVER mentioned explosives, or the use of his firearms against any human being or building or organization.

As has been said, he has been arrested and is being held by police at this time. More information is forthcoming as it is recieved and approved for release by LVANON.

DCAnon

Silver Meritorious Patron
A teabagger brings a gun to a PROTEST and a guy whose a gun owner completely unrelated to his activism is targeted? This is operation Freakout all over again!

I'm raging! All Cameranonymou's posts are viewable and public, it'll be easy to see Moxon's tampering with evidence and using the law to harass people he disagrees with. I have complete faith that law enforcement will figure out exactly what's going on and put the legal boot so far up Moxon's ass he'll be lucky to ever get out of jail. :angry:

dontscamme

Patron Meritorious
Certainly sounds like an easily-identified frame job. :yes:

I don't know how the CoS thinks they are going to get away with altering evidence when it is so easily proved it was altered.

Thanks for the information, avbb, and please keep us informed when you can.

Stalin

Patron
ITT

1. dumbass keeps talking about his guns and blowing shit up on the desert on a forum that is absolutely non related to this hobby of his.

2. Scientology sees golden opportunity to distort facts

3. dumbass get SWATED

Moral of the story: Keep your social hobbies out of chanology.

Peter Schilte

Patron with Honors
Terrorist threat?
Mmm:

nye6.jpg

nye7.jpg

nye8.jpg

Free Being Me

Crusader
I hope Camera gets a very good attorney and his friends duplicate his posts from the web sites he posted on so that the entire context of what was said can be testified to a court and provide witnesses on Camera's behalf.

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
This makes me very, very angry.

I only hope he is cleared and released soon, and that true justice comes swiftly crashing down on Moxon et al for this.
Scientology couldn't have picked a worse time to try another Operation Freakout.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
ITT

1. dumbass keeps talking about his guns and blowing shit up on the desert on a forum that is absolutely non related to this hobby of his.

2. Scientology sees golden opportunity to distort facts

3. dumbass get SWATED

Moral of the story: Keep your social hobbies out of chanology.

ABSOLUTELY. Someone gloats about owning weapons, buying ammunition by the bulk (cheaper) and then posts about "blowing up" (albeit in joking) Scientology properties... not a good match particularly in today's world of daily reported violence caused by guns.

I've worked very hard to educate anons about not doing things that allows Rick Moxon or his ilk to find reasons to entrap and subject them to arrest. Some of OSA's successes lie in taking advantage of someone acting out or saying something inappropriate, capitalizing on it and making mountains out of molehills..

The Las Vegas anon walked right into the trap.. just as AO did at Gold Base.
Hopefully, one of these days, anons and critics will realize they are not invincible when taking aim at Scientology.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Its dumb. Learn the lesson people.

And YEAH, BTW - when is scientology going to be held for its terrorist threats?

anon2487

Patron with Honors
ABSOLUTELY....Someone gloats about owning weapons, buying ammunition by the bulk (cheaper) and then posts about "blowing up" (albeit in joking) Scientology properties...
Are you certain that he joked about "blowing up Scientology properties"? [If he did, then his idiocy knows no bounds: pretty much everyone knows that Keith Henson was jailed for responding to a joke about firing "Tom Cruise missiles" at Gold Base.] But I've not seen this information posted publicly, so what makes you certain that he did make such a joke?

outtech

Patron with Honors
then posts about "blowing up" (albeit in joking) Scientology properties...

Gathering from the forum posts, he never made threats of this sort, or posted anything outright illegal. But you're correct in that it isn't wise to discuss your hobbies/ social activities that could be deliberately misrepresented by the cult in connection with your internet handle that you use for anti-CoS activism.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
There's like totally this rilly great thread on WWP on this 'cept they said not to discuss it. Which like todally makes cents an' all. :dieslaughing:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
. Are you certain that he joked about "blowing up Scientology properties"? [If he did, then his idiocy knows no bounds: pretty much everyone knows that Keith Henson was jailed for responding to a joke about firing "Tom Cruise missiles" at Gold Base.] But I've not seen this information posted publicly, so what makes you certain that he did make such a joke?

I have no evidence he did this. One of the active posters, Herro, on WWP, posted this:

"I can personally vouch for seeing camera running his mouth about this shit all the time on IRC. This isn't some sort of set up- they just took advantage of the stupid shit he said. The charges are bullshit though so I wouldn't worry too much. (For the record I would still find this hilarious even if the charges were legit.)"

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/24-f...al-experiences/anon-arrested-las-vegas-54783/

I don't go onto IRC so don't know what he posted or didn't post, but in the arrest warrant it says that Internet postings was a part of the evidence used by the Las Vegas Metro Police Department to have him arrested by their SWAT officers.

I'm scoured the news sites and the LVMPD website and there is no info posted about the arrest.

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
I hope that Kenneth Moxon and Alex Jiminez have been informed by the local DSA that false reporting of a Federal Crime is in fact a Federal Crime and that Scn and the OSA will disavow any knowledge of thier actions.

Now ya see why I am still angry?