What's new

Tom Cruise - American Psycho

Andrew

Patron with Honors
I found this amusing... :D

THE Dark Knight star Christian Bale modelled the sociopathic central character from the movie American Psycho on none other than Tom Cruise.

The director of the 2000 film, Mary Harron, says Bale struck upon the idea of using Cruise as inspiration for playing serial killer Patrick Bateman after seeing the Top Gun star appear on The Late Show with David Letterman.

Harron told BlackBook the idea was raised during a series of phone calls between her and Bale in preparation for the film.

“We talked about how Martian-like Patrick Bateman was, how he was looking at the world like somebody from another planet, watching what people did and trying to work out the right way to behave,” Harron said.

“And then one day he called me and he had been watching Tom Cruise on David Letterman, and he just had this very intense friendliness with nothing behind the eyes, and he was really taken with this energy.”

This latest Cruise-bashing revelation follows allegations from Perfect Strangers star Bronson Pinchon that the Valkyrie actor made a barrage of homophobic remarks on the set of the 1983 hit Risky Business.

Cruise’s representatives hit back at the claims, telling Entertainment Weekly “this is so far removed from who Tom Cruise is as a person, this must have been said in jest.”

Source:
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,23663,26244734-7485,00.html

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
LOL
Sprayed tea over keyboard.

It reminds me of the happy chappy pics of Marty and the Gang. Big smiles, shiny eyes and sweet f all behind them.